[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /fit/ spread misinformation like calories in, calories out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1947.png (913KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1947.png
913KB, 750x1334px
Why does /fit/ spread misinformation like calories in, calories out?
>>
>>39312335
They hate women.
>>
>>39312340
Theyre playing a dangerous game
>>
>>39312335
>Implying thermo dynamics is wrong
1/10
>>
The article is such bollocks
'Teehee genetics can play a part so take no responsibility for your actions'

Also it promotes weight loss surgery as opposed to having discipline
I swear to god if HAES goes mainstream then WEIGHT WAR NOW
>>
Oh my fucking God. So, I have this female acquaintance (from the dog park) who is probably in her mid 40s. She's not very bright. I mean, she's a productive member of society, but she's kind of fucking retarded.

One day the subject of weight loss comes up. She's probably 60 pounds overweight. I'm reasonably fit. She won't listen to anything I say. Why? Because I don't know what it's like to be fat. Nevermind the fact I've eaten and lifted like mad to gain weight, gained fat, lost fat, etc. "Eat less, move more" falls on deaf ears.

She tells me that she's starting a new diet: you make tea out of... I dunno, cinnamon and honey, I think. You drink half before bed and half in the morning. I suppress my urge to laugh and ask WTF that's about. "Scientists say that honey help burn fat! And cinnamon suppresses appetite [I think]!"

So I look it up. Turns out there was a study done on the effects of sugar versus honey on (I think) diabetics. The study size was 30 people. They happened to note something like a 1% loss in body mass among the honey group. It was just a coincidence that was noted.

Somehow, that became "honey burns fat". It's all over blogs, all over the Internet.

Theses fucking retards take mistaken headlines from shitty articles about poorly conducted studies, then combine them together to make combined, unsupported conclusions (i.e. honey + cinnamon).

It's so goddamn frustrating.
>>
>>39312335
Ikr its like they don't know its all about genetics.
Ive read some studies from buzz that confirmed it
>>
>>39312841
Exclusionist, omg.
Everyone knows it's BOTH.

It's like, you can't explain everything with your fancy science, anon.
>>
>>39312335

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/health-fitness/a8075771/willpower-wont-solve-your-weight-issues/

>article for OPs pic related

Its a pretty irritating read boys.

>....% said they couldn't lose weight through diet and exercise
>some failing as many as 20 times

Sounds like they QUIT their diet and exercise when the results werent as fast as amazon deliveries.

Im willing to bet my GI Bill that most of the fuckers that say that never attempted doet and exercise, they just say it to justify keeping their shitty lifestyle.
>>
>>39312956
Will power didnt work because THEY DON'T HAVE WILL POWER
>>
I gotta be honest, I will only give them shit when I've succesfully gained and lost fat. I'm kinda skinnyfat now because I had to stop training and the belly seems to be going nowhere
>>
>>39312833
high fructose corn syrup genetics?
>>
>>39312983
It's less about them being unfit and more about them just being absolutely fucking retarded
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.