[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice, /fit friends.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Season 2 Marb.jpg (282KB, 1041x897px) Image search: [Google]
Season 2 Marb.jpg
282KB, 1041x897px
Hey /fit, first time poster, long time lurker. I've read the sticky and have a few questions/concerns, and I'm hoping to get a bit of guidance.

I take in too many carbs. I'm 5"6, 200 lbs. I'm really involved in sports, and I'm in really great shape despite my weight. I jog, and I even try to track everything I eat with fitbit, but I can't seem to cut any body weight, and I contribute that to carbs.

What can I substitute in my 3 meals that aren't carbs? I used to be a vegetarian (not for any " killing animals is wrong!!" reasons, it's just that I could never get over the texture when I was younger.) but I'm open to trying some meats, and other things to help my diet and to cut back on carbs.

Typically my diet goes -

Morning -
Toast and peanut butter, skim milk, maybe a bowl of plain cheerios.

Dinner - I'm always in class, so I pack some cashews, some water, trail mix, that type of thing.

Supper - I always get home really late. Typically it's celery and PB, or junk food.

What can I do better? I'm tired of the pudge, and I wanna look the way I feel.

Pic related, it's me.
>>
And when I said in great shape, I meant that as in I have good cardio, don't get tired easily, can keep up in the sports I play, etc.
>>
>>39307962
You are obese. You have a BMI of 32.3. Don't give me the "a lot of it's muscle!" excuse, if it was you'd be a teeny tiny dwayne johnson and wouldn't come here for help. "But my picture!" You're wearing full snow gear you can't tell if someone's overweight unless they're in the 40+ BMI range, don't try to bullshit me I'm Canadian.

I'll spoon feed you this.

Most of your calories are probably coming from fats, not carbs. You stated you have peanut butter for 2 meals some days and cashews and/or trail mix for lunch. These foods are mostly fat calories, and the foods are incredibly calorie dense. You can eat a low volume of these foods and be taking in a massive number of calories. If you want to continue eating the same foods, my advice would be to only eat cheerios/drink milk in the morning, weigh/measure your cashews/trail mix for lunch, and measure your peanut butter/celery for dinner and stop eating junk food entirely. If you're drinking sodas, cut them out too, drink water instead. The measured amounts of foods should add to a total of about 2000/day, as this is a good 500 cal deficit, good for weight loss with being to "crash diet"y
>>
>>39307962
Your problem isn't carbs, your problem is too much fat. Peanut butter and cashews/trail mix are LOADED with calories. Have you even checked the labels?
To maintain 200lbs at 5'6 while being sporty means you must eat a shitload of nuts/peanut butter.
>>
File: 20141226_105930.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20141226_105930.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>39307962
You seem to be a typical overweight under-reporter of calories. I bet you're taking in over 20-25% of your caloric maintenance needs.

Eat proper meals, don't snack. End of story.

And for some reason, it boils my piss that you spent extra money on a carbon selfie stick.

Pic related, it's me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYJrC3RTtgQ
>>
>>39308161
I know I'm a big guy, I only posted that pic because it's the only one of me on my laptop. I'm Canadian as well.

I don't drink any soda. I used to be a really picky eater as a kid, and soda was one of the things I didn't like because of the fizz.

What about meat? I'm getting back to the gym once this semester ends. I need more protein according to other friends who are big into fitness.

>>39308236
Obviously I don't JUST eat these things, it's just an example of what I typically eat. Yeah, I do have some pizza now and then, but not a whole lot. That kinda thing.

As for the selfie stick, it's not mine. I borrowed it from a friend because mine broke.
>>
File: 1477844454669.png (440KB, 921x741px) Image search: [Google]
1477844454669.png
440KB, 921x741px
Your whole thing is literal bullshit. You aren't muscular, you likely don't do anywhere near as much cardio as you claim to (nor is what little you do take at a meaningful intensity) and you're not telling us how much you REALLY eat.

Until you're honest with yourself, you won't get anywhere.
>>
>>39308161
This is the best and simplest solution. But I bet you won't follow it.
>>
>>39308279
Nowhere did I claim to be muscular. I was attempting to say (rather poorly) that despite my size I can stay relatively active.

A full, in depth breakdown of what I would eat for meals off the top of my head would be shit like:
(what I already stated)
>pizza maybe every 2 weeks because of friends
>bagels for breakfast
>KD (oh god) for supper when i get home
>beer at the bar
>pasta (fettuccini alfredo, home made with whole wheat noodles/egg noodles)
>junk, admittedly, like cookies, crackers, that kinda stuff.

I do know what I do wrong, I just need different ideas of things to cook and try so I can start feeling better about myself. I wouldn't post here, of all places, if I wasn't motivated to do something different with myself.

>>39308297
Wanna make a wager, pal?
>>
>>39308363
>I just need different ideas of things to cook
LESS
>>
File: Leg Day.jpg (235KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Leg Day.jpg
235KB, 640x640px
>>39308363
Bro, if you post progress pics and you make decent progress in the next month, I will go on /b/ and stick a sharpie up my pooper.

But the fact that you know what you're doing wrong, know perfectly well how to fix it (e.g. stop doing all the stuff wrong and start eating proper meals) tells me that you're a talker, not a doer.
>>
>>39308413
meant 3 months
>>
>>39308413
I've done in the past. I used to weigh more than I do currently, but my old volleyball coach got me in to working out. I dropped roughly 30 lbs in 3 years but I couldn't see any change, and I'm back to where I am now. Pretty well hopeless. I have the attitude and genuine WANT to live a healthier life. I just need guidance.

We all have to start somewhere, and I'm truly ready to start now.
>>
>>39308457
Is this a troll or something? If you've done it in the past you already know what to do. Not to mention several people in this thread have told you what to do as well.
>>
>>39308457
So quit posting and do it. Christ.

SAGE
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.