[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is highly contested but worth a shot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 10.gif (1MB, 236x324px) Image search: [Google]
10.gif
1MB, 236x324px
Looking for guidance here.

I'm 21% bodyfat. Lost a lot of weight slow and steady.

Even put on some muscle.

I'm starting to get impatient. 12% body fat and looking lean is so close I can taste it, for the first time since I was 12.

Anyways, past week, I've been eating like 800-1000 calories a day, doing cardio for an hour. (am also tall and heavy)

Not even getting that hungry. Not getting lightheaded.

Can still lift weights.

When I get hungry I just drink coffee and the hunger stops.

My concern: Will I cannibalize muscle at this deficit. I have some (hard fought) muscle on my frame and I don't want to lose it.

I want this so bad and it's so close but 50% of people say that I will lose muscle and 50% say it's fine.

Can someone please tell me and explain why. Thank you.
>>
>Will I cannibalize muscle at this deficit

Yes. From the information you posted, that's a guarantee m8
>>
>>39307765
look up Lyle Mcdonald's Rapid Fat Loss book. PSMF is well supported, and works very well to shave off the last percentages of body fat.
>>
whats your body weight?
>>
>>39307814

So basically if I eat 3 scoops of whey a day and almost nothing else I can do this with minimal muscle loss?

You promise you aren't meming me?

I really want to be somewhat asthetic.

Keep in mind for an ex fatty that means a tiny bt of muscle and 12% bf and it's so close I can taste it.

I will obviously keep training and bulk once I hit 12% but at least my self esteem will be higher @ 12%.
>>
>>39307819

189 6'0 21.4" bf%
>>
>>39307869
dont go any lower than 10x your body weight in lb for calories. Eat 1g of protein for each lb of weight minimally. Ideally eat your meals following an 8/16 intermittent fasting schedule I'd say.
>>
>>39307869
Read the book you dumb faggot. The information in it is great for any kind of diet, so even if you don't do PSMF, it's a good resource.
>>
>>39307880
Your calories are way too low.
1890 per day if you're 189lb.
>>
>>39307901
>>39307907
>>39307914

Thanks guys.

>following an 8/16 intermittent fasting schedule I'd say.

I've been eating 8 small meals a day.

Bad idea?

Some meme article someone posted on fit suggested it.
>>
>>39308028
It doesn't matter
>>
>>39308028
literally doesn't matter. ignore eating schedules and stupid 'fasting mode' memes
>>
PSMF phagot
>>
File: cutprogress.jpg (484KB, 1494x1550px) Image search: [Google]
cutprogress.jpg
484KB, 1494x1550px
>>39307765
>>39307880

You'll lose muscle

Eat around 2000-2100 calories per day and stop trying to rush things.

If you're 189 @21% bf you have about 40 lbs of fat

Lost 20lbs of that and you're down to 10% bf @ 170lbs

you'll lose just over a pound a week doing this on average so it'll take 20 weeks, which is just under 5 months.

Whats 5 months? Its fuck all. It will probably go even quicker as long as you're consistent and cardio (and eat back the calories you burn from it)

I know its possible OP because i have done it.

I did pic related in about 2 1/2 months

Which was a 16lbs weight loss opposed to your 20. I lost a bit of muscle even on 2000-2100 calories. You'll lose way more on a cut as hard as the one you're describing.

I fucked it all up and bulked too hard again after lel, dont do that
>>
>>39307765
> I've been eating like 800-1000 calories a day
> doing cardio for an hour
> when I get hungry I just drink coffee
M8 100% of the """fat""" you lost during that time period is muscle

Here's some statistics about doing a deficit at that level
>non-overweight men who consumed 50% of their maintenance caloric intake for 24 weeks and lost one fourth of their body mass experienced a 40% reduction in their baseline energy expenditure. Of that 40% reduction 25% was due to weight loss, while metabolic adaptation accounted for the remaining 15%
>While greater deficits yield faster weight loss, the percentage of weight loss coming from lean body mass (LBM) tends to increase as the size of the deficit increases
>Weekly weight loss rates of 1.4% of bodyweight compared to 0.7% in athletes during caloric restriction lasting four to eleven weeks resulted in reductions of fat mass of 21% in the faster weight loss group and 31% in the slower loss group
>In addition, LBM increased on average by 2.1% in the slower loss group while remaining unchanged in the faster loss group. Worthy of note, small amounts of LBM were lost among leaner subjects in the faster loss group
>At a loss rate of 0.5 kg per week (assuming a majority of weight lost is fat mass), a 70 kg athlete at 13% body fat would need to be no more than 6 kg to 7 kg over their contest weight in order to achieve the lowest body fat percentages recorded in competitive bodybuilders
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4033492/
>>
>>39308565

>If you're 189 @21% bf you have about 40 lbs of fat

Why are you giving advice when you're *THIS* dumb? Bf% is a measure of the tissue on your body that is fat.

>Imlying someone that is 170lbs and 10% bf has SEVENTEEN FUCKING POUNDS of fat on their frame

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Op disregard this guy.
>>
>>39308623
body fat percentage is total mass of fat divided by total body mass x100

if somebody is 10% bf @ 170

fM/tM x100 = bf%

(bf%/100) * tM = fM

(10/100) * 170 = fM

0.1 * 170 = fM

17 = fM
>>
>>39308575

abort abort abort

going to go eat something brb

>>39308565

looking good dude
>>
>>39307765
I've done quite a rushed diet this year, OP. I'm 6'4, I went from 260lbs to 212lbs in just over 3 months. I have no idea about numbers and deficits, I just pushed myself really fucking hard regarding everything. I think I was at around 21-23% bf when I was finished. That's around 3,75 lbs per week on average and I lost quite a lot of muscle. It was visible and I could feel it in my lifts as well. Before my diet I did curls with ~40lbs barbells and I dropped to around 30. I worked out at home so this is the only benchmark I have but the answer is yes, you will lose a lot of muscle at such a rate.
>>
>>39307765
Research this shit yourself man, if opinion is split 50/50 when you ask people that's a good indicator that maybe it's not so simple an issue and there are a lot of variables involved and........

I actually need to research this particular question myself, as it's something I've been grappling with too these past few months. Currently yo-yoing between bulking-cutting.
>>
>>39308799
See.
>>39308575
>>
File: 9.8%bf.jpg (279KB, 1920x984px) Image search: [Google]
9.8%bf.jpg
279KB, 1920x984px
>>39308623
Also to add to >>39308697
check out this alan thrall video where people who are 9-10% bf look pudgier and less ripped because they have less overall muscle mass to spread thier fat over. 10% bf isnt some kind of magic number where you'll look good no matter what. If you dont lift or have little mass you're gonna look like shit.

https://youtu.be/1oWcpweTuXs
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.