[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Begun trying to get /fit/ lads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: day 1.png (458KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
day 1.png
458KB, 1000x1333px
Hello /fit/. Finally started to try to lose weight today. Packed on a lot of fat over the past two years (as you can see by the pic). Legs are alright, even fairly muscly however my upper body especially the stomach and chest are far too fatty for my liking. Also lacking a large deal of upper body strength. The routine im going with atm is:
>10 pushups
>25 situps
>45s front plank
>7 reps of legups
>30s side plank (1 rep on each side)
>25 pushups
>35 situps
>60s front plank
>5 reps legups
could do with something to replace the second set of push-ups; don't have the upper body strength to complete it so I don't end up getting anything out of it. Still want something that works the upper body but as I say I just cant do the full set of push ups. Is there basic tips you have like diet, times to exercise etc? Also anything I can do in addition to this to burn the fat quicker?
>>
Your routine is absolute shit. If you can afford a gym, do that instead
>>
>>39307640
go to the gym and do beginner routine like SS or SL while cutting m8
>>
>>39307754
Dont have the money for the gym atm. wanted something to do at home in the morning before uni and before I go to bed. Do you reckon this would do?
>>39307688
Not surprised if im honest m8o. just pulled it off the internet. Cant afford a gym only access I've got is a rowing machine and a treadmill in my accommodation
>>
>>39307838
if u can you should atleast get a pair of dumbbells and some weight though whould be much more effective than doing only bodyweight exercises
also read the sticky if u havent yet
>>
>>39307838
I guess it's an alright routine if you can't afford a gym... Try adding some running to it, and stop eating shit food
>>
>>39307891
if thats so I'll invest in some. Can probably get a fairly cheap pair somewhere. Any recommendations on a starting weight?
>>39307899
Got a treadmill in the accommodation so ill give that a whirl. back when I used to be fitter I used to do 20 minutes of running. will probably work back up to that. Have been cutting out soda from my diet and haven't eaten anything like fast food for a few weeks
>>
>>39307640
Seems like the varying amount of reps with the different exercises might make it hard to keep track of your workouts/ use progressive overload to make progress... I would personally shoot for something like 20 push ups, 5 pull ups, 20 sit ups, 60s plank, 20 bodyweight squats (round numbers for simplicity and to keep it easily trackable)... and do all of that for 3 circuits. Just an idea, I did something like this and would add in exercises every couple weeks or so and saw some decent progress.
>>
>>39307940
id say at least 20kg per dumbbell but depends how strong you are right now
with weights up to 20kg you should be able to do exercises for most of your upper body with sets of 3 with 8-12 reps
>>
>>39308060
Got it all written down so keeping a track should be fine. Hadn't actually thought about squats will deffo add them in
>>
>>39308074
Thanks la. upper body was what always let me down when it comes to exercing
>>
>>39308081
Sounds good, if you're resting enough and eating well you can try to bump one or two exercises up by a rep every session, since you're starting from scratch you should be able to do this no problem for quite awhile... in addition to the squats I'd also recommend grippers, got some of the CoC's to add into my routine, think they're a good investment. Good luck bro!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.