[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come boxers do so well in streetfights compared to other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 46

How come boxers do so well in streetfights compared to other fighting disciplines?
>>
>>39296496
Street fights have no rules. People fight with their fists generally and not doing karate or kickboxing, so a trained boxer will do well in a fight against someone who isn't trained but wants to fight with his fists
>>
>>39296496
>why do people trained to punch people do so well in a fight

Good job
>>
several reasons.
For one there are no breaks just because the opponent scores a point.
>>
I think muay thai is better for street fights.
>>
It tough to kick in pants unless you're wearing jnco jeans or some shit so punching makes more sense.
>>
>>39296561
I'm not sure.. in a streetfight there mostly isn't as much kicking, mostly because opponents rush each other and most of the time it's close combat, therefore your fists are way more effective
>>
>>39296581
Which is where clinching comes in handy durr.
>>
Shit like bjj only works when your opponent is trying to do bjj

most fights are over in sub 10 seconds and end up in a arm swinging contest, if you know how to box you can shut it down faster
>>
>>39296594
Rolling on the ground in a real fight is a good way to get kicked in the head by his friends
>>
>>39296496
Boxing involves punching and dodging punches. Generally no one in street fights goes into a frogstand and hits you with a monkey paw.
>>
File: joerogan.jpg (119KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
joerogan.jpg
119KB, 630x354px
>>39296598
>Shit like bjj only works when your opponent is trying to do bjj

Fucking wrong lol

I got in a fight at a Halloween party over the weekend (drunk faggot grabbed my fairy wings).

Took him down and wrapped up his neck in literally 10 seconds. I've been to 3 BJJ schools and every single one of them has drilled takedowns pretty tirelessly.

>>39296611
>not having your own friends who also practice

What the fuck are you guys doing
>>
>>39296611
Do you not know what a clinch is? Boxing and muay thai are both effective but muay thai has a far superior clinch.
>>
>>39296496
>bald
>>
>>39296649
>grabbed my fairy wings
>>
>>39296581
But the muay thai has more ''tools'' for close combat, like elbows and head. And the training normaly has more contact than boxe.
>>
>>39296517
/thread
>>
>>39296649
Only assholes get into fights
>>
>>39296598
>someone who's never done any form of grappling before
>>
>>39296649
Oh man what a great reason to hurt someone. How's the medical advances in micro penises coming along?
>>
>BJJ not effective for self defense

https://www.faceberg.com/brazilianjiujitsu/posts/10154229921211774?comment_id=10154230292131774&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R0%22%7D

You know what to do with the faceberg
>>
File: too cool.jpg (102KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
too cool.jpg
102KB, 539x960px
>>39296686
pussy.ill beat your ass.
>>
>>39296711
pretty good according to your dad.

OOOHHHHHH
BTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>39296717
You wouldn't
>>
>>39296663
b a l d
e
a
s
t
>>
File: 770_1ufc_155_2012_12_30_127302.jpg (389KB, 1681x1200px) Image search: [Google]
770_1ufc_155_2012_12_30_127302.jpg
389KB, 1681x1200px
>>39296673
Yeah I was the tooth fairy. Got to show gains in leggings and tight top

>>39296686

That's how a bitch defends his ego when he know's he's not man enough to step up and fight. Not putting your foot down gets you bullied and lets everyone else know that you won't stand up for yourself.

>>39296711
>implying you know the whole story
>implying this drunk asshole wasn't a habitual line stepper

How sheltered are you fucking kids?
>>
>>39296769
White trash
>>
Most fights are about 10 seconds and close quarters.

Also ground is the last place you want to be in

Currently working as a bouncer and my boss got kicked in the head while wrestling on the ground.
>>
>>39296769
you and me.

outside.

now.
>>
>>39296769
Charlie Murphy please go.
>>
>>39296769
>>39296649
Here's your reply

Stop judging others when you're the one who went as a fairy fag for Halloween
>>
>>39296815
Charlie Murphy is the realist nigga there ever was
>>
>>39296496

> citation needed
>>
File: 1463840770885.png (287KB, 368x469px) Image search: [Google]
1463840770885.png
287KB, 368x469px
>tfw never been in a fight except some school brawls when I was a kid
>many times I've gotten into a confrontation which some dude has gotten into my face asking if I want to fight
>always just stood my ground and stared them down or defused the situation by talking
>also helps that I'm 6'4 and 90 kg looking pretty athletic
>literally no fighting experience and only just started judo as a hobby

One day my boyish charm won't cut it and I'm gonna get my ass handed to me
>>
>>39296496
Because boxing works and boxers train hard

I box but I've also dabbled in other styles to see what they had to offer. Boxers train hard; when we spar we spar hard.

Karate guys don't train hard; they hardly touch each other because of the "excessive contact" rubbish and in kumite they break once they make contact. Japanese Kyokushin is an exception but in the UK (and probably america) karate is just practiced by betas. I've never met a karate instructor who wasn't full of shit and arrogant when in reality he spends his time sparring white belts and other karate people who don't know how to fight.

Wing Chun guys hardly spar either; they only do that rubbish chi sao shit where they stand still and play pattacake trying to open a line for them to touch their opponent through. They don't spar hard or realistically.

Taekwondo isn't very useful for the street because you can only kick from a certain distance; I've never trained taekwondo so I don't know how hard their contact is but I trained muay thai for a few years and I'm well experienced to know the distance for kicking. When an opponent is too close it falls back to punching for taekwondo; something boxers do better.

I've spent the last 5 years training boxing exclusively and I've made the most martial art gains there; I've learned the most and I've improved the most through boxing. I've been training 9 years in total but it wasn't until I started boxing that it all fell into place and clicked for me.

A while back I took a break after my last boxing match (I won but I had gotten concussion during training that scared me). I had a karate club nearby so I attended a few classes for something different during my break; when it came to kumite I destroyed everyone including my instructors. They couldn't handle the fact some guy with no belt could pick them to pieces so they went funny with me. Their big problem was distance control; I could see everything coming because they didn't get close enough.
>>
>>39296823
>Stop judging others
Who did I judge? I walk into the party and the dude keeps calls me a faggot for being the tooth fairy. He was drunk off his ass and kept messing with my shit.

The bitch PULLED OFF MY WINGS (broke the strap) so I took his stupid ass down and strangled him.

My costume was a joke and I was happy to have people laugh at me for it. This dude took it too far so I fucked him up.

You people are dirt fucking stupid
>>
File: blow job jitsu.gif (4MB, 397x260px) Image search: [Google]
blow job jitsu.gif
4MB, 397x260px
>>39296649
If that guy had a buddy backing him up while you were trying to grope him on the ground he could just curb stomp you. BJJ may be effective against a single opponent who doesn't know how to strike, but if there is more than one guy yer fucked.
>>
I agree with >>39296769

The laws of nature is that the alpha takes whatever he wants from the betas; the same applies in real life. If you let someone walk all over you they'll take what you got.

I grew up and still live in a really rough area of my city; I got into boxing so I could learn to protect myself and instead I fell in love with the sport. I avoid violence now where I can but if someone was to try and take "mine" it'd get nasty because once you let them tread on you they'll keep doing it.
>>
Any tips for a new boxer?
Started a few months ago and I feel like I'm missing something. I've noticed it's very hard to focus on distance + keeping up your hands + positioning all while trying to throw combos.
>>
>>39296936
>implying you can't get sucker punched in a standup fight either

I encourage you to watch even 1 fight compilation on WSHH
>>
>>39296936
The same applies for every martial art Famalam. All someone has gotta do is grab hold of your clothing in a street fight against multiple opponents and you're fucked.
>>
>>39296686
>i'm a giant pussy so i'll just demonize anyone who fights, regardless of the reason

wew
>>
>>39296958
>>39296954
Not if you've trained boxing.

A single boxer can take on and utterly defeat 5 untrained males. Fact.

A BJJ practitioner can only use his techniques in a controlled BJJ match. Fact.
>>
>>39296928
callin me stupid?

im callin u a faggot,FAGGOT.
>>
>>39296984
A boxer could still get his ass kicked by a guy who plays high school football and knows how to tackle. Wrestling + boxing is where it's at.
>>
>>39296984
>A single boxer can take on and utterly defeat 5 untrained males. Fact.

Not if he gets punched in the back of the head from someone he doesn't see. Fact.
>>
>>39296992
Fucking wrestling?! Don't make me laugh.

Try some fag ass grappling and you'd just get kicked in the head by some other guy. Grappling is useless against more than one opponent. Simple. Fucking. Fact.
>>
>>39296991
We're fine as long as you don't fuck with my fairy wings
>>
>>39296909 this.

Boxer here, hopefully going pro in 2 years time.

Boxers don't fuck around.
Majority of boxers are poor and were good at fighting already before they started boxing. Guys like GGG, Duran, Valero , Kovalev and Hopkins were bad motherfuckers before they ever steppes foot into a ring.
Boxing gyms don't suffer from the same McDojos you see with TKD or some of the newer UFC ones. In most boxing gyms you must put in that work or gtfo. When you spar you spar hard and if you show a poor heart you get weeded out really quick.

When it comes to the actual fights, a boxer who has been sparring for a few months will be able to see 90% of punches an untrained fighter tries to throw at them. Also using your hands is the quickest most effective way to end a fight. Kicking is garbage in the street except in very rare cases and grappling is suicide in a street fight.
>>
>>39297006
>implying I don't roll with a squad of grapplers
>implying we all won't just rag doll the lot of them
Fact: 1 year of training boxing will not make you invincible.
>>
>>39296981
Martial arts coach. Definitely not a giant pussy.

Getting into fights is for human excrement. 99% of the time it is your own fault. Just as in that person's story.

>omg he touched my costume! I must fight!

Sounds like a good reason brah.
>>
>>39297006
Yeah but if you ARE in a one on one scenario that grappler is going to fuck you in the ass and you couldn't do a thing about it.

>le simple fact :^)
>>
>>39297006
Grappling is useful for the fact that it helps you not get pinned down and end up on the ground.

Boxing doesn't teach that.
>>
>>39297038
lmao, just keep telling yourself the useless shit you've learnt is actually fucking useful

while I can beat the fucking shit out of basically any grappler, fact.

As the other guy said, grappling is fucking suicide in a street fight, or in any fucking fight for that matter.

You try some gay shit on me like a tackle? Ha. I'll just give you a hook that you wont even notice, cause you'll be out. cold.
>>
>>39296952
Stand sideways because it's easier to control distance, watch how fencers move and control distance by standing sideways.

Throw your jab in multiples and you'll control your opponent; if two people are swinging at each other like morons the guy who keeps pumping his jab in the other guys face will break the other guys posture and control him. Throw your jab in doubles and even triples.

A common mistake is for people to step in with their jab; you don't want to do that because it's slow. The further the distance the longer your opponent has to react; you want to get close enough that you only have to flick your jab out. The tiny step you make is for balance and not for closing the distance. This can be accomplished by standing sideways and using your lead foot to measure the distance; if you're standing sideways your lead foot is about the same range as your jab.

But how do you stay in range without being hit? Using head movement, parries and adjusting your posture/weight distribution between forwards and backwards to adjust your range. Keep your hands up so anything they throw can be blocked on your forearms as a last resort; if you're close enough to block it then you're close enough to fire your own jab in multiples to control them and set you up for combinations.

And finally, don't always throw hard. If you throw a hard jab you'll be off balance to throw a hard cross, if you throw a hard cross you'll be off balance to throw a hard hook. You want it nice and smooth; pick your hard shots. Most important is to land and control with light peppering shots. Also you want to be light on your feet; if I'm trying to close the distance to land my shots I'm on the balls of my feet in "react" mode, slowly getting closer but always ready to react to whatever movement my opponent makes either either a slip, a parry or an adjustment of posture to put my head out of range without having to move my feet and lose ground.

JAB IN MULTIPLES.
>>
>>39297043
>Sounds like a good reason brah.

>implying you know the whole story other than the 3 lines of context given

If you really believe there is no reason to fight, you're a moron and should be beaten to death over a parking spot while refusing to defend yourself
>>
>>39297015
To add to this, at the end of the day street fighting is a trashy and wickedly dangerous thing to do and should be your absolute last resort in any situation. The last time I got into a fight in the street rougly 2 years ago, all that happened was the guy pushed me and said "let's go little nigga" and my friends and I just jumped him and took turns kicking his head in in front of the club. I've been in the same position where I think I'm fighting one on one and I end up having to run away from 5 black dudes. Shit serious in the street. I have one friend who is deaf in one ear because of a street fight. Another is serving 3 years in prison for fighting in the street. Don't fuck around /fit/. Stay on your Ps and Qs . the majority of people who speak highly of their glorious street fights have only fought in the schoolyard.
>>
>>39296611
Muay thai is standing fucktard
>>
>>39297057
>you
>>39297077
Did you expect anyone to know anything about martial arts on here?
>>
>>39297057
>implying you could stuff a takedown

I know 130lbs DYEL brown belts who would rip your head off
>>
>>39297043
>Martial arts coach. Definitely not a giant pussy.

What martial art? If it's not muay thai then I'm gonna laugh. Please say karate or wing chun.
>>
>>39297105
yeah, maybe in their fucking blow job jitsu dojo, where everyone has to play by their softly softly rules

but out in the street, I could hit them cold before they have the chance to even touch me
>>
>>39297109
It's actually Tai Chi at my local YMCA you pussy bitch
>>
>>39297133
I know you're not him because no one is that stupid, but I kekked at your attempt at trolling. Fucking Tai Chi lmao.

Well played Anon
>>
>>39297069
Third World Country, the post.

>>39297109
I teach MMA and NoGi BJJ class.
>>
>>39297120
>has to play by their softly softly rules

Spoken like someone who's never been dumped on their head before lol

>but out in the street, I randomly acquire a single leg defense and my punches defy the speed of physics!
>>
>>39296611
>clinch
>"rolling on the ground"
THIS HAS TO BE BAIT
>>
ITT: Sheltered children who migrated from /heem/ and have never fought before.
>>
>>39297158
I'll give you that one then; mma and nogi bjj is legit.

Not rubbish meme MMA though like the function first rubbish or with a traditional base?
>>
>>39297158
>Third World Country, the post

Yeah wow some people actually train to defend themselves! Novel idea, right? My country is dangerous, dipshit.

I don't train to lose weight, you fucking dope I train to survive.
>>
>>39297266
what country?
>>
>>39296649
BJJ has the absolute worst fucking takedowns of any grappling art you can name.
It's also wildly impractical because no grappling art is a ground only thing.

BJJ in the real world will get you killed in most altercations.
>>
>>39296496
Boxing has a striking foundation, but that means fuck all in street fights once somone grabs a fucking brick, all in all leggin it most of the time best course of action
>>
To anyone: what's the most practical and easily accessible martial art for self-defense?
>>
>>39297512
Boxing will give you the biggest advantage over the untrained the fastest
>>
Warning innocent users of /fit/

There is a fag and what no seems like multiple fags, who are shilling boxing on this board for some reason.

DO NOT BE LED ASTRAY

LO!!! not only is grappling superior to striking, but boxing is one of the least effective striking arts for actual fighting!

You would do well to train in MUY THAI if striking is what you prefer!

Boxing is useful, but only when it hones the foundation created by muy thai.
>>
File: jack2.jpg (58KB, 1028x540px) Image search: [Google]
jack2.jpg
58KB, 1028x540px
>>39296496
its all in the reflexes
>>
File: PUNCH PUNCH PUNCHPUNCH.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
PUNCH PUNCH PUNCHPUNCH.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>39296831
>>
>>39297015
>tfw boxing for 5 months interrupted
>the only guys here have 5y experience on muay thai and some fights
>get destroyed in sparring against one of the dudes since he's small fast and strong so he comes in and I can't do shit outside protecting my pretty face and absorbing some body shots
>tfw never feel like going bak there since I feel like deadweight to the team since I cant provide proper training

I wish the new cunts that come try didnt always quit on their first training
>>
>>39297548
Nigga in the black vest can take some licks.
>>
>>39297550
At my gym (not boxing, but Muay Thai and BJJ) you do 1 to 1 sessions with head instructor for about 5-10 sessions to learn the fundamentals. You also spar with him (obviously he doesn't go all out on you).

The reason they do it like that is because before they'd just have beginners join the group sessions straight away, but most people would quit because they don't know the techniques (mainly with BJJ) and aren't comfortable with sparring/rolling yet. They also do it like that so experienced fighters don't have to waste their time sparring with a beginner who has no clue what he's doing.
>>
>>39297536
grappling is used by manlets to counter human striking.
>>
>>39296496
because hand strikes are the fastest and most versatile

kicking might be a bad idea because you can get taken down, or the range might be too close

grappling might get you fucked up by their friends

plus years of training as a boxer will give you the quickest and most accurate sucker punches so you can avoid the fight entirely if you want to go full nigger
>>
File: Redneck Rampage.webm (3MB, 576x720px) Image search: [Google]
Redneck Rampage.webm
3MB, 576x720px
>>39297587
Have some more

>tfw you gave all your webms meme filenames and now you have to open every single one to see what it is
>>
Wrestling is king, followed closely by Boxing/Muay Thai, then BJJ.
If you don't care about the unofficial street rules (No dirty shots) and don't care about possibly murdering the other person, Krav Maga takes it though.
>>
>>39297512
In America? Buy a gun.
>>
>>39297589
here our master/instructor was vice champion and won everything till his 18s
he's pretty hardcore and not only teaches boxing but life lessons

you basically learn the basics first obviously, then some combinations, feet position, body movement ,head, etc.
you never get into sparring right away and you only sparr if you want to, and I fucking want to because the adrenaline is fun, only sucks when those hard punches make you dizzy kek

what I meant was I wish we had someone that just didnt quit because it was "too much" physically speaking, (those fucking circuits give me nightmares) so that I could have a sparring partner at my level
>>
>>39297617
Most Krav Maga places I've seen don't even have sparring, just controlled drills.

It seems like a meme
>>
>>39297550
bruh focus on the things that you CAN do instead of just shelling up. Can you time and predict one or two of those punches based on his body and foot movement? shoot a counter over his arm. If he comes in and you think you can't do shit, focus on maintaining space, use long jabs to the body, circle and try to stay in the center of the ring. Work on your clinch, lean on them so they have to hold you up. I mean yea, you're gonna get tuned up against more experienced fighters, but as long as you can improvise tactically and keep improving your conditioning, you'll get there.
>>
>>39296496
because theres no grappling in street fights
>>
Where i can learn boxing without all the conditioning bullshit? i want to learn to punch better but i don't care about being better at boxing and being able to fight for more than 2 minute
>>
>>39296496
Because the only 1 rule in street fights is to stay on your feet and never go down. Which is basically the only rule of boxing.
>>
>>39297067
>JAB IN MULTIPLES

You sound like my coach haha.

Listen to this man though, jabs are your bread & butter.
>>
File: IMG_2091.jpg (121KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2091.jpg
121KB, 1024x768px
>>39297634
Of course it's a meme, it's a jewish trick
>>
>>39297634
>attempt to take someone down as quickly and violently as possible while leaving no defensive options for yourself
>Is this a meme?
>>
>>39297691
>i want to learn boxing but no conditioning

it's like wanting to walk without legs

box is all about the conditioning and leg work, the upper body is the minus
>>
>>39297695
>>39297695
Which is why some groundwork always helps. I've seen guys get fucked just because they didn't realise they could just bridge to stop a guy from pounding there faces on the ground.
>>
>>39296561
there are two type of muay thai
a. Real muay thai you kick trees everyday.
b. UFC "muay thai" which you don't kick trees everyday.
One of these is not like the other.
>>
File: 1477770899833.jpg (6KB, 200x194px) Image search: [Google]
1477770899833.jpg
6KB, 200x194px
post box webms
>>
where can I watch box fights so I can learn some shit?

its always weird schedules, gmt 0 aka london/lisbon timezone here
>>
>>39297744

>this fucking meme again
>>
File: 1457924137403.jpg (34KB, 556x561px) Image search: [Google]
1457924137403.jpg
34KB, 556x561px
>>39297613
>that beautiful feint to the body that sets up the long-range hook
>>
File: american foreign policy.webm (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
american foreign policy.webm
3MB, 480x270px
>>39297691
Most gyms have beginner sessions, you do some warming up then it's mostly hitting bags and shadow boxing.
>>
Dirty boxing + wrestling/judo is all you need
>>
>>39297613
people are so fucking retarded
every video like this, morons have their hands down by their waist when someone is getting in their face
>>
>>39297266
haha, thats bullshit, you train because of mummy issues, in any country no matter how shit, you can surivve better by getting gud at what you do having a god tier college degree and having money
>>
Is Submission Wrestling/No Gi Wrestling good for self-defence?
>>
File: khant stand up1.webm (2MB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
khant stand up1.webm
2MB, 960x544px
>>39297849
boxers drop their hands all the time
>>
>>39297895
and as your webm demonstrates, are usuallly immediately punished for it
>>
>>39296581
go learn some muay thai and come back with that opinion. i have done boxing and i have done muay thai and boy is it so much harder to get in reach of someone who can kick well and once youre there you can get hurt a lot very fast
>>
>>39297919
khan is a glass jawed cunt who proved he can't take a punch, fucking overrated prick and alvarez thrashed fuck out of him
>>
File: 1365683820471.jpg (44KB, 458x355px)
1365683820471.jpg
44KB, 458x355px
>>39297954
>Khan used to want a fight with Mayweather
>>
>>39297895
>boxers drop their hands all the time
not at that distance they dont, hands are only dropped when your opponent isnt in range, dropping your hands when your aggressor is in your face is just asking for it, like your webm proves
>>
>>39296496
They can take a hit.
>>
File: khant stand up2.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
khant stand up2.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>39297977
Ironically, being knocked out made it more likely he'd get a fight.
>>
>>39297941
Gotta agree.

Also, in regards to close combat and fists being better than kicks. Remember Muay Thai trains fists, knees, and elbows.
>>
>>39297613
got anymore webms like dat?
>>
File: Fight of the Century 2.webm (1MB, 480x271px) Image search: [Google]
Fight of the Century 2.webm
1MB, 480x271px
>>39297199
I'm not an MMA fighter and I teach a beginners MMA class. I did a lot of varied training before I settled on grappling as the one thing I like to do most. So, I offer higher level instruction for grappling, while understanding MMA fundamentals.

Our gym I guess you could say is very traditional in that our head coach is a very respected coach in a variety of "traditional styles" like BJJ, Muay Thai. Also a wrestler. We've also produced several MMA champion. I would say our head coach is probably one of the best and most experienced MMA coaches alive, although you may not have heard of him. Our camp currently isn't super active.

>>39297266
Nowhere here were we talking about self-defense. Being an asshole and getting into fights is not self-defense. If you want to "survive" on "the streets" try not being an asshole and maybe getting a gun.

>>39297485
I think BJJ is definitely good to know for self-defense for a variety of reasons. It definitely wouldn't be my first recommendation though for self-defense. The best self-defense classes are actual self-defense classes like our coach teaches, not some isolated martial art.

If I did have to pick one martial art that is common, it would have to be Muay Thai. I've heard a lot of street fight stories from people at my gym, and clinching/knees and elbows seem to be some of the most effective stuff depending on the situation. Teeps are very good to for keeping people away from you.

>>39297607
>kicking might be bad because you could get grappled!
>but but grappling is bad!

Great logical series of thoughts there. Surely, grappling isn't useful.

>>39297755
What a terrible post

>>39297867
It's definitely good to know. However, not being an dumb dick asshole is the best self-defense followed by running and also gun.
>>
>>39297867
>submission wrestling
It depends what you couple it with anon. If you just wrestle and don't practice striking you're going to get your ass beat every time by someone who practices and is talented in striking.

Regardless of that though, try and wrestle against two or more people and you will get your ass killed no matter how good you are.

>no gui
The ultimate meme wrestling for people tired of getting choked out or neck cranked by guilotine chokes. How will that help you in real life?
>>
>>39298025
why is there a doom logo?
>>
File: double ko.webm (1MB, 224x400px) Image search: [Google]
double ko.webm
1MB, 224x400px
>>39298073
Street fights? Yes.
>>
>>39296496
>Why do people who practise punching shit do well when they punch people

Because boxers practise actually fighting. Half the martial arts out there right now don't and wonder why they suck.

Also why Krav Maga is literally the shittiest martial art out there.
>>
>>39298113
pretty sure the guy in blue came off worse in that

one way street to neck snap city
>>
>>39296568
Oh shit nigga, you just made me nostalgic.
>>
>>39298113
He knocked himself out....

really?
>>
>>39298113
got any where one of them is clearly trained but not the other?
>>
File: DEX vs STR.webm (3MB, 360x640px) Image search: [Google]
DEX vs STR.webm
3MB, 360x640px
>>39298188
Sort of, but those aren't fun.
>>
>>39296795
>>39296823
When the fuck did this place become filled with such pussies?
You're here fucking white knighting over some guy you know nothing about. Truth is you nu-male Tumblrinas are the cancer ruining this board, not /pol/ tbqh...
>>
>>39298230
What martial art is best for picking up people and dropping them?
>>
File: purple dress (4).jpg (62KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
purple dress (4).jpg
62KB, 600x800px
>>39296928
Ignore cuck posts pls, thnx.
>>
>>39296769
>not man enough
it's 2016 bro wtf does this mean?

>implying you know the whole story
have you heard of the theory of mind bro? it's something autists like you don't have
>>
File: he didnt bounce.webm (2MB, 272x480px) Image search: [Google]
he didnt bounce.webm
2MB, 272x480px
>>39298263
Not-Being-Weak Fu
>>
>>39296954
That's why you don't relax around blacks, atleast when you're standing you can move and hop around. When your on the floor with someone you aren't gonna be hopping anywhere.
>>
File: teemo.jpg (38KB, 534x414px)
teemo.jpg
38KB, 534x414px
>>39298230
that bloodstain on the floor under his head.

>congrats, now ur retarded
>>
>>39298230
is that blood coming out of his skull?
>>
>>39298263
Greco-roman wrestling
>>
>>39297548
lol @ the vaporizer flying outta that dude's mouth
>>
>>39298281
fuck
>>
>>39298281
>>39298281
>>39298281
Noice.

Gotta love people being plopped
>>
>>39297617
Go back to dick-punching, Goldstein. Krav maga is for fending off rapists, not street fighting.
>>
File: IMG_1235.gif (1021KB, 288x162px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1235.gif
1021KB, 288x162px
>>39298338
>IQ pre fight 85
>IQ post fight 65
>>
>>39298338
that dude was definitely fencing but my question is, how is he not dead.
>>
>>39296715
HAHA. What a sham. They're getting into position for him to take them down.
>>
>>39296496
Being trained in fighting obviously help, often are striking types the ones that are better. Kickboxing, boxing, Muay Thai, shoot fighting, mma etc.

When it comes to street fighting and fighting in this form in general, the first to land a solid punch is generally the victor. It does help if you're trained though.
>>
>>39298338
Doesn't that grappler realise in a real fight multiple opponents would appear around the corner and sucker punch him?
>>
>>39298281
where is this?
>>
>>39298423
Underrated
>>
>fight outside the bar
Boxing, in case the dudes cousin and his drunk posse bust out of the bar and decide to stomp your ass
>1 on 1 where you know tyrone's buddies aren't gonna jump in
Whatever you are most comfortable with
>>
File: 1471750068243.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1471750068243.webm
3MB, 640x360px
There's nothing that can quite show true strength off better than grappling.
>>
>>39296496
I'm assuming that's true.
Real life fights don't have rules and are usually decided pretty quickly.
Wrestling and boxing are the two most practical fighting methods there are.
>>
>>39298503
is he ded?
>>
>>39298531
Choked out with arm triangle
>>
>>39298503
What sort of Wrestling is that?
>>
>>39298076
i'm saying this from the standpoint of someone trying to get out of a street fight situation as unscathed as possible

you getting grappled when they have friends is bad, you grappling when they have friends is bad

if it's one on one grappling wins almost every time t. royce gracie
>>
>>39298543
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j5PCKyQn7k
Greco-Roman.
>>
>>39296581
a well trained muay thai fighter can keep practically any other disciplined fighter at bay with the range and power of legs
>>
>>39298721
Can you post video examples? I find that unlikely.
>>
File: bjj is a joke.png (352KB, 650x436px)
bjj is a joke.png
352KB, 650x436px
Why aren't there any Sambo gym in the US?
>>
>>39298755
Well, he's not wrong.
>>
>>39296517
>compared to other fighting disciplines?

you're so clever haha!
>>
>>39298755
There are
>>
>>39296649
>I snapped and went chimp mode on an unaware drunk guy without training
BJJ truly is the greatest martial art
>>
Funny shot I noticed in this thread
>everyone listens to Joe rogan podcast
>if it's not Bjj or muy tai people think it's useless
>there are alot of fuckers who have not been in many fights vocalizing opinions
Here is what's up.. boxers do well because most street fights are bare knuckle boxing matches.. unless the person knows how to wrestle or kick box .. then it could go any where .. 99% of the time it's gunna be 2 assholes winging punches
>>
>>39296928
>resorts to violence
>calls others stupid
>>
>>39296928
>The bitch PULLED OFF MY WINGS (broke the strap) so I took his stupid ass down
Hey, that makes sense. If a drunk guy isn't getting the message to leave you alone, maybe he deserves getting put in his place. No judgement--

>and strangled him.
...what the fuck? Punching the drunk asshole or shoving him on his ass is one thing, but trying to fucking murder the guy? Holy hell that's a quick way to go from being the hero of the story to an absolute psycho. Like, I can imagine the people at the party were all on your side, sympathizing with you for having to put up with some guy's drunken bullshit, but then you fucking strangle him and suddenly everyone around you is just nervous and scared of you.
>>
>>39299475
t. Pussy numale
>>
File: 1449947020232.jpg (27KB, 592x448px)
1449947020232.jpg
27KB, 592x448px
>>39296958
>>39296954
I agree with you guys that a boxer or any martial artist can get sucker punched or whatever, but I claim that you are much more vulnerable if you're trying to grapple with a guy on the ground than on your feet. You have much greater mobility and ability to evade on your feet than when you're engaged on the ground with another human. It's much easier to run away if you're already on your feet.

Of course grappling can be very effective and so can striking, but if there is more than one person who may be a threat you should avoid going to the ground at all costs.

Honestly if you want to defend yourself get some pepper spray and practice running. Or get a concealed carry permit and put a couple hundred hours in at the range and take some gun self defense courses.

Be aware of your environment and who is in it and avoid fights at all costs, its far too easy to get seriously injured or seriously injure someone and get sued or put in jail.
>>
File: kebabremoval.png (462KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
kebabremoval.png
462KB, 566x800px
>>39298503
>>
>>39298103
Jesus Christ, I would imagine it is an advertisement for the games release.
>>
>>39296496
It's popular and widespread, so very easy to find good trainers compared to most other martial arts.

It also contains about three of the most essential and basic aspects of fighting, punching, blocking and footwork.

These also happen to be the most common ways people fight.

Learn an art with kicking and grappling and you're set brah.

Overall though, if I could get a decent trainer, I'd learn military or civilian sanda, which is uses all the most practical techniques of kung fu and specialises in takedowns, with lots of leg catches.
>>
How much muscle or weight did you guys lose when you started training in boxing or muay thai?
>>
>>39298503
>serbia vs turkey

Damn, that dude must have been reenacting every single war in his mind
>>
>>39301126
laughingghost.jpg
>>
>>39298660
How is greco-roman wrestling compared to catch wrestling and bjj?

I don't know much about grappling at all but I'm interested in learning one once I get better at boxing.
>>
>>39298733
He's bullshitting. Once a muay thai fighter tires out they literally fall over.

There is hardly any dodging or defensive footwork in muay thai and you just stand and take blows.

Once a kick is caught by a grappler or the muay thai fighter is knocked down, they're in big doo doo
>>
>>39298113
>>39298182
Damn, that's pretty good demonstration of a defense against a throw, red dude hooked his arm around blue guy, making the blue guy smash his own head as he slammed red guy on the ground.
>>
File: tKHOuOx.png (444KB, 792x1222px) Image search: [Google]
tKHOuOx.png
444KB, 792x1222px
>>39296496
because only losers/tough guys/mentally unstable people practice boxing, and they are more likely to fight in general.

Pretty easy question.
>>
>>39296496
Because point based martial arts are retarded in street fights and so are most of the ground based martial arts like judo or wrestling, boxing works because it's basic yet very effective
>>
>>39296649
You sound like a cunt.
>>
>>39298302
>>39298300

Its from the other guy. You can see the blood pouring out of his mouth just before he leaves the camera view.
>>
File: 4URL6dX.png (55KB, 674x754px) Image search: [Google]
4URL6dX.png
55KB, 674x754px
The best martial art for self defense is track followed by parkour if you live in an urban environment
>>
>>39301182
All of the takedown none of the submissions
Good for developing good positioning and aggressiveness on the ground, arguably most important in the average street fight
>>
>>39301399
I'm a pretty lightweight dude, would it teach me how to defend against grappling and takedowns from bigger and heavier people?
>>
>>39300352
Being able to grapple can help you avoid going to the ground tho. It also helps you get off the ground if a guy mounts you and tries sending you to pound town.

Being able to both strike and grapple is always better than only being able to strike or grapple.
>>
>>39296649
>Took him down
Liar.

Try to do a takedown on concrete. Then say goodbye to your knees.
>>
>>39296611

You don't know what a clinch is if you think it means rolling on the ground. Please stop talking about something you don't understand.
>>
>>39296928

Don't listen to these pussies. You did the right thing, they would have cowered in fear and backed down.
>>
File: 1460179234246.jpg (136KB, 641x654px) Image search: [Google]
1460179234246.jpg
136KB, 641x654px
Guis I have no training in martial arts whatsoever, but several times I've got an upper hand and a choke hold on the guy, but I'm always afraid I'll kill the fucker by accident.

How popular is choke hold in typical sparrings? What is the line between simply making the opponent lose conciousness and killing him? I always tend to get into grapples as soon as fight emerges so I won't accidentaly punch the guy retarded
>>
>>39298446
LONDON
>>
So, aside from boxing... which martial art you think would work best during a street fighting without knives or guns, of course?
>>
>>39303470
MMA
>>
>>39303470
Best for street fighting would be doing two martial arts; one for striking, one for grappling
>>
because boxers know how to land punches which is all you need in a fight, while other martial arts teach you kicking and other stuff that is useless in a real fight
>>
>>39303338
>>39303338
In sparrings? Depends what martial art you're doing.

Basically just hold em till they're out, then let go. Hold on too long and they'll either awake retarded or won't wake up.
>>
>>39296496
Because the type of people who train for boxing are the type of people who bother getting into petty street fights, so statistically they have the advantage over every other martial art since other ones don't get into street fights.
>>
>>39296649
>Shit like bjj only works when your opponent is trying to do bjj or not even trying to fight at all

Does that maybe make things a little clearer for you?
>>
>>39297613
>outweighed by 50 pounds
>suckerpunched
>too dazed/not wiling to defend himself
Honestly, this would be a much better fight were it not so one-sided
>>
>>39296496
Try MMA tread/
>>
>>39296598
please someone kill this faggot
>>
Boxers are super duper fit. They have stamina and endurance. Also they can eat damage for days. Do heavy bag work for more than a couple of minutes and notice your energy levels plummet with each extra second.

Look at UFC fighters. They throw a few lazy swats then hug on the floor for 3 minutes and are gasping for air and sweating like theyre about to die.

Its not how hard you can hit, but how much you can get hit hard. If you can eat one more punch than your opponent, you've won.
>>
>>39303529
Then why is BJJ one of the most effective martial arts in UFC?
>>
>>39303595
A good UFC fighter could beat a good boxer though
>>
>>39298503
Any vids of bitches fighting? You know, not in the catfight sense.
>>39298503
Kebab status: Banished from the premises.
>>
File: ippo.jpg (72KB, 948x710px) Image search: [Google]
ippo.jpg
72KB, 948x710px
>>39296496

>when muay thai was shin kicking the shit out of banana trees, boxers were punching
>when gracie was rear naked choking fellas, boxers were punching
>when taekwondo was doing hurricane kicks and other gay shit, boxers were punching
>when krotty was breaking bits of balsa wood, boxers were punching
>when krav maga was screaming like a banshee while kicking you in the nuts, boxers were punching
>while a weird-smelling balding guy in a ponytail was expounding the virtues of sticky-hands and wing-chun, boxers were punching

who do you think is going to be the fucking best at punching famalam?
>>
>>39297544
One of my fav movies ever
>>
>>39296496
because kicks are pointless and if you make it to ground game you've lost already.

legs are for stability, hands are for doing things, thats how humans were built, thats how humans should fight.

>>39303643
because no punches to the back of the head or spine. thats why the shoot works. you could literally dig your fist into the lower spine of the other guy or the base of the neck and end up with manslaughter.

the other thing is distance. the closed space of the ring means grapplers have an edge as the other guy cant escape his advance.

ever notice that when somebody shoots, they get one leg, then the other guy backpedals until the edge of the cage, and only then does the shooter complete a successful takedown?

during that time the other guy could be hitting the shooter's back. but he cant because rules + possible manslaughter/permenant disability charges.

>>39303595
>getting tired on the heavy bag

you using it wrong nigga
>>
>>39296598
The main problem with grappling in streetfights is that you can hardly ever know whether/ when your opponent's buddies will show up to start giving you the boot while you are rolling on the ground. If you know how to protect your head to the level of an actual puncher while you get close, they are pretty decent to disable single targets.
>>
File: Wiki-background.jpg (281KB, 2000x1250px) Image search: [Google]
Wiki-background.jpg
281KB, 2000x1250px
>>39296649
Taking someone to the floor is only ever a good idea when it's one on one.

If he has a couple of friends with him it's basically one of the dumbest things you can do, they will fuck you up.

This is why boxing, or kickboxing is the best training for a street fight, punching and kicking someone and staying on your feet is the best training for a real fight. And even more important, you'll learn how to take punches and still go on.

Boxing/kickboxing > everything in real fights

MMA/BJJ for one on one staged fights
>>
>>39303765
Grappling isn't purely ground fighting though. Just watch some of the videos posted. If you're strong, you could just grapple a fella and drop him on his head. Sure you might get charged for GBO, but at least you looked cool.
>>
>>39303806
the whole point of fighting is to learning to handle people bigger and probably stronger than you.

smaller folks dont pick fights with bigger ones.
>>
>>39303792
>>39303792
You do realise MMA isn't a martial art right?

Also, kicking is silly in street fights, too risky. If you're wearing jeans, you probably don't have the mobility to kick properly. If you're not warmed up, you probably don't have the mobility to kick properly. If you fuck the kick up, you can be taken to the ground and fucked easy. If there's multiple guys you can be fucked easy, but then again no matter the martial art (aside from maybe glockjitsu) if there's multiple opponents you're likely gonna lose.
>>
>>39303813
I see quite a few smaller guys pick fights with bigger guys

Mostly due to three things

Alcohol
Idiocy
And small man syndrome

Also you get retards who do a week of Karate and think they can beat big guys because they're "slower"
>>
File: 1455736328570.jpg (8KB, 249x200px)
1455736328570.jpg
8KB, 249x200px
>>39296598
>>39296611
Kys. Both of you.
>>
>>39303841
if you cant handle somebody who is both untrained and smaller than you, you should probably never breed.

and ive fought faster folks in the ring. they cant even get close to the power a bigger fighter has. all it takes is one to the solar plexus. even if it means eating a few in the process.

smaller people are easy. its the bigger ones that are fun

>>39303823
he probably thinks torso roundhouses drop guys in one. ignore him
>>
>>39303723
>because no punches to the back of the head or spine.

thisthisthis, even moe bogan said that if strikes to the back of the head were legal there'd be a hell of a lot less submissions
>>
ITT: everyone is superman

Let me school all you jackie chans:

1: Punching and learning how to take punches is the most important thing, since that is what most real fights consist off

2: you don't take a fight to the floor unless it's only one on one

3: If it's multiple opponents you should run away, if you can't your best bet is to take the first one out that comes at you hard, so the rest might back off. If all of them come at you at the same time you're most likely fucked
4: if somebody has a knife, you fucking run, period, no matter what your bad ass karate or krav maga teacher has taught you, if somebody has a gun, well you're fucked.

Source: common sense
>>
File: 1454707170126.jpg (178KB, 798x770px) Image search: [Google]
1454707170126.jpg
178KB, 798x770px
>>39296984
>A single boxer can take on and utterly defeat 5 untrained males. Fact.
>A BJJ practitioner can only use his techniques in a controlled BJJ match. Fact.

People actually think this
>>
>>39298790
Except you can't just say boxing does better than other arts without any data or proof and were never going to have a comparable breakdown of boxing vs. other arts in streetfights
>>
>>39296496
>compared to other fighting disciplines
And how did you compare it with muay thai, kyokushin, freestyle wrestling, greco-roman wrestling, judo?
>>
>>39303911
>look at what most people do in a street fight
>which sport does mostly that at full contact?
>>
>>39303723
>because kicks are pointless
They aren't or a multitude of martial arts would not have them and train them and they wouldn't knock people the fuck out
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eToXYoH0cjY
>>
>>39297120
Ask me how i know that you wear tapout shirts
>>
>>39297617
>Wrestling is king
THIS
>>
>>39297076

this
I know a mate who got into a streetfight and got twatted round the head by the guys mate from the side, with a brick

fractured skull
>>
File: 1473372755095.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1473372755095.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
>>39297617
>Krav Maga takes it though.
>>
>>39303949
they add extra range. more so than what can be accomplished by a straight punch.

but most people dont train hard enough to be able to land a clean one powerful enough to stop the other guy.

if it doesnt knock the other guy out, then theres nothing stopping him from catching it.

its easier to get good at punching than it would be at kicking.

the exception being TKD, since they dont do shit at full strength and thus dont end up sacrificing balance for power.
>>
>>39303932
>look at what most people do in a street fight
Most people suck ass in streetfight because they're untrained idiots. And you're no going to see which sport does mostly that because at full contact you are trained the aim isn't to suck. What most sucky untrained people do in a street fight doesn't equal what trained martial artists do in a streetfight
>>
>>39297076
>kicking someone in the head
Wtf is wrong with you?
>>
>>39298755
He is freestyle wrestler. Al this sambo stuff around him is propaganda.
>>
>>39303595
>Boxers are super duper fit. They have stamina and endurance.
Wrestlers are fucking machines then
>>
>>39303984
right.
because with enough training you could take down a 7 foot tall strongman who knows how to throw a decent punch right?
>>
File: 1454371703114.png (208KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1454371703114.png
208KB, 327x316px
>>39297895
>tfw khan gets KTFO
>>
>>39303497
I see... boxing would be the best for striking, but grappling... judo? jiu-jitsu? S-sumo?
>>
>>39304009
Freestyle wrestling
>>
>>39298338
Is he wearing a KFC shirt?
>>
>>39303999
>7 foot tall strongman who knows how to throw a decent punch right?
How likely are you even to encouter at 7 foot tall stongman other than some untrained noob? Not likely. And even if you did
>knows how to throw a decent punch right?
And that's it.If your a martial artist who's been training you're going to have alot more than just some decent punches. Height disadvantage isn't something insurmountable either.
>>
>>39298755
Fuck this overated faggot
>>
>>39301272
T. carl
>>
>>39297895
the fuck he trying to do with his lead hand anyway?

>>39304040
right. and im saying that all you need to do is to learn to throw a decent reliable punch becuase not everybody in this day and age has the time or energy to learn a billion deadly techniques if all they want to do is defend themselves against untrained retards.

the thing about punching is that its reliable. it dosent depend on my mood, or what ground im standing on. its natural. thats why most people resort to it when they dont know any better. because its a natural way to fight.

it sounds like you're a retard who fell for the 2deadly mcdojo meme.

>>39304009
never had experience with wresling, but judo is legit. they train takedowns more than they train ground game. if you put effort into it you can get pretty legit.
>>
>>39304031
>>39304084

Thanks, mateys. I now know what to do. Lifting itself is good only for scaring away potential opponents, or overpowering other untrained opponent by sheer strength. Ain't gonna work with a trained guy, though.
>>
>>39297919
have you ever see a mayweather fight...
>>
>>39303999
Yes, yes you can. Most of martial arts is how to deal with a strong opponent. They come from countries where dudes are small.
>>
>>39303595
>Look at UFC fighters. They throw a few lazy swats then hug on the floor for 3 minutes and are gasping for air and sweating like theyre about to die.
>walking and punching requires less energy than punching, kicking, bouncing on toes, wrestling, jiu jitsu and ground and pound

GEE YA THINK?!
>>
File: Conor-McGregor-vs-Nate-Diaz.jpg (74KB, 1023x681px) Image search: [Google]
Conor-McGregor-vs-Nate-Diaz.jpg
74KB, 1023x681px
>>39304059
overated??
please dont tell me you believe that McTapTwice have a Chance against him...
>>
File: 1457135343730.gif (753KB, 200x86px) Image search: [Google]
1457135343730.gif
753KB, 200x86px
>>39304121
>he fell for the khabib meme
>>
>>39298360
Speaking of kicking in the balls... that is a serious problem in a street fight if the guy doesn't care and wants to win badly. Same shit as a punch to the solar plexus... I know you need to control your breath, so before the strike you breathe out, so you don't get the wind knocked out of you. Guess you gotta keep enough distance for the punches and still see his leg movements.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn69oVKDVcA
>>
>>39304100
you are a deluded cunt and i would enjoy hurting you.

thankfully in this day and age violence risks jail time and criminal fines.

as a result deluded fucks like yourself and walk around with confidence until some nigger shanks you in an alleyway to steal the 20 bucks you had in your wallet.

its a wonderful age we live in.

>>39304099
not him but mayweather is a special case.
he trains a lot more evasion and head movement than most.

most of the time his heads open because he is baiting.
>>
what's a good option for defending yourself against bigger people? aside from mace or just not getting into fights with them to begin with. I see vids all the time of smaller dudes getting their heads smashed on the concrete, I don't want that
>>
>>39304133
Wrestlers are beasts
>>
>>39304084
>judo
No leg work = fucked up by any wrestler or samboist.
>>
>>39304162
never had too much exposure. only know osoto gari and that's it.

i dont care much for grappling because personally i think its fucking gay and would rather just beat somebody.
>>
File: 1420959967812.jpg (33KB, 412x394px) Image search: [Google]
1420959967812.jpg
33KB, 412x394px
>>39298230
>why is boxing so good for streetfights
>>
>>39297895

This webm and your point is misleading. Alvarez landed absolutely nothing of note except for long rights to the body. After six rounds it was annoying and Khan went to parry one. Alvarez shot the right over to the head and KOed him.

Alvarez set him up for it. He put in the work to make Khan expect a body shot.
>>
>>39297779
>beautiful
>long range hook

Nothing in that is beautiful and that "long range hook" was an ugly haymaker. Punching like that is a great way to break your hand. Notice how the knuckles of the pinky and ring finger take the brunt of the hit and his wrist isn't straight. Try that on a trained fighter and your hand and wrist are fucked.
>>
>>39304129
please tell me you believe that McTap Twice can win...

and there is no Khabib meme you faggit...

go watch a whole fight first and not only Highlight reels...
>>
File: 12_113227_1_53248.jpg (200KB, 750x610px) Image search: [Google]
12_113227_1_53248.jpg
200KB, 750x610px
>>39304133
>lifting made me so stronk!!!!
>>
>>39304084
>and im saying that all you need to do is to learn to throw a decent reliable punch
And what are you going to do when you need more than that/someone else knows more than just a few ok punches.
>or what ground im standing on.
It actually does..
>not everybody in this day and age has the time or energy to learn a billion deadly techniques if all they want to do is defend themselves against untrained retards.
And if they do want to defend themselves they'd be better off not relying on quick fixes and leaning those "bajillion deadly techniques" that would give them more to defend thmselves than one decent punch. And even if all they did was learn boxing it still takes time/energy to learn and get good at.
>thats why most people resort to it when they dont know any better. because its a natural way to fight.
Ir's only "natural" to throw what amounts to shitty ass punches. You still have have to learn how to punch properly and people who know better have taken the time to learn how to learn how to do that.
>it sounds like you're a retard who fell for the 2deadly mcdojo meme.
You're the one saying all you need to be is a low rent One Punch Man and I fell for a meme? And yeah it's real mcdojo to advocate proper training and having well trained techniques and more in your arsenal than a decent punch rather than betting on an on a singular subpar quick fix.
>>
>>39298281
That bouncer surely knew how to wrestle. He had several leg attack feints and a snap undertook before taking the back.
>>
>>39304212
fist flat is the method of punching for the short hook

the long hook should have fist turned
>>
>>39296496
>Hard to apply kicks and holds in a real fight if you aren't really good/well trained
>Hard to kick in jeans
>Hard to go to ground or clinch, and dangerous since there is no judge to stop the fight and if they reverse you are FUCKED
>>
>>39297814
>0:51

Asian bros eyes swell shut the rest of the way. kek
>>
>>39304133
Man I love this video. I've wrestled bigger untrained guys like that who have shown up to our practices and they're just as stiff and uncoordinated as that big fucker in the video.
>>
>>39304226
Khabib has to get past Johnson first. I'm worried that he won't survive the initial striking exchange. Khabib needs to take that fucker down and fast.
>>
>>39298338
Rigor mortis sets in quickly
>>
File: dog.jpg (292KB, 1167x903px) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
292KB, 1167x903px
Has anyone here had some experience with german Ju-Jutsu?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF1qQNM4o5s
From Wiki:
German ju-jutsu includes atemi, elbow techniques, kicks, knee strikes, throws, ground techniques (taken from judo), various locks, pressure points, and armed techniques, among others, covering all distances. Training includes defense against multiple opponents. Even in the early days, because of the art's mixed origin, practitioners combined strikes and blocks from karate, judo-style throws and grappling techniques, as well as aikido-style joint locks.
>>
ehh it's circumstantial imho. I train boxing and it helped me in fights BUT it was against drunk idiots, 1-2 to the head and it was once they were already pretty close to me. I think if somebody charged at me or tried a take-down, I'd get my ass beat. Also, sucker punch will take you out irregardless how long you've been training.
>>
>>39304332
True... but Johnson Wrestling is no match for khabib... i can not see Johnson not being taking down by Khabib...
I give Johnson 10% Chance of winnig this.
I can see Eddie, Fergunson and Dos Anjos winning Khabib... but not Johnson.
>>
>>39296892
Happened to me man. Was 6'0 and 230lbs at 18 (built fat, pretty chubby though gonna lie), everyone who I ever had an altercation with backed down because they were intimidated, until one time there was a big brawl and I grabbed a kid who was trying to hit my friend, he was like 5'7, dropped me in one punch in front of everyone. Hurt my ego more than it hurt my jaw, I got up right away and he was already running in the opposite direction so I didn't even have a chance to redeem my shame. Met him a couple years later though, actually a pretty nice guy.
>>
>>39301272
>claims only losers practice boxing
>post wapanese comic
>>
>>39298230
He converted the guys grab to a DDT, wether it was a fluke or not it was impressive
>>
>>39303552
True, the big guy is a huge pussy
>>
>>39296581
Never understood this. I've been in a few fights and 1-2 good strong kicks are way more effective than a few punches. The best time to do it is right at the start where you're both sizing each other up.
>>
>>39304653
Meant for>>39298182
>>
>>39304152
Wrestling.
If it's multiple against one, sucker punch and run
>>
>>39298188
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-DCuQ8SIUs
most of these fights are MA vs random nigger
>>
>>39298281
how to break your spine:
>step one
> die
>>
>>39298423
> if he was striking against multiple opponents he isn't likely to get suckerpunched

if it is you vs >1 person that is not in bad shape
> run
>>
>why is nearly every fight someone getting sucker punched

FTFY
>>
>>39301363
THIS
>>
File: jncobus.png (730KB, 900x616px) Image search: [Google]
jncobus.png
730KB, 900x616px
>>39296568

JNCO jeans confirmed for best combat attire
>>
>>39298503
>Old buddy's a boxer
>Real mean drunk and decides to get shitfaced on St. Patrick's days
>Bumps into a fat guy
>Loses his shit
>Other guy's just trying to walk away
>Buddy lays into him
>Fat guy instantly grapples, locks his arms
>Bends him forward and just drops him on the concrete
>Tries to get up
>Just pins him and applies pressure until he's too winded to fight back
>Walks away with his friends
>Have to haul bud into a taxi and take him home
>Physically wrecked for days after

I don't have a wealth of experience, but I wouldn't put money on a boxer in future.
>>
>>39304875
Sucker punches, throws and mutual back downs.
>>
>>39305015
Probably not a good boxer then.
Me and my buddy are boxers, he lays dudes out in the street like theres no tomorrow. Im not much of a drunk brawler myself tho.
>>
>>39305015
What >>39305175 said and also if he's that drunk he was probably all over the fucking place form and speed wise
>>
>>39296568
Never heard of 2% spandex?
>>
>>39296515
fpbp
>>
>>39298274
Justin pls go
>>
>>39301267
only cause the guy doesn't know enough not to spike himself.
>>
>>39297814
These guys hate each other or what?
>>
I was inspired by this thread to go out and see if i can join up boxing. I visited a local gym and the guy said sorry amateur boxing is more geared towards young kids up to 17 there's no competition for older guys. (i'm 26)

Oh well, I guess i'll do Judo...
>>
>>39305437
you should've sucker punched him and run away
>>
>>39301477
Finging Greco if you're out of high school is gonna be pretty hard. It's basically just a name for a ruleset and the associated techniques, and doesn't allow (legal) submissions. Looks different from folkstyle and freestyle because you can't attack the legs. Catch and BJJ are a whole different matter. They're submission wrestling styles, with catch tending to emphasize top game and takedowns more than BJJ. The style basically died in the mid century though, what exists now is recreations and modern advancements from along a few limited lineages. It's a lot easier to find quality BJJ than quality catch, unless you happen to live next door to Erik Paulson or something.
>>
This whole thread is the Dunning-Kruger effect in action. Everyone has knowledge of their own martial art and thinks that all other martial arts are not effective.

I see this all the time because I train BJJ and Judo. For as many times as I see a judoka come into a BJJ class and get submitted over and over, I also see a BJJer come into the Judo class and get ragdolled around.

You don't know what you don't know, so you can't have a basis of comparison.

When a guy that comes in to the BJJ class and has done lots of judo, what normally happens is that they keep getting submitted because there is a whole library shoulder, hip and leg endangerments that the judoka hasn't trained, but also has no idea exist.

The same goes backwards, because the bjj folk only drill a half of a dozen takedowns, (typically seoi, o-goshi, ko-soto, kata guruma and sumi-gaeshi) which is decent, but the judoka train 67 different throws. So the judoka know ten times as many takedowns, most of which the bjj guys don't even know are possible, so it is no surprise when they get rag-dolled around. All it takes is for the judoka to figure out which techniques are completely unknown to the bjj guys. Not only do they not know the tech, but they haven't practiced the counters and avoidances for those techniques.

For all the people that say that boxing rules and bjj sucks, you don't realize how many different ways that a bjj guy remove the blood from your head. By the same token, the bjj guy doesn't know how many different ways a boxer can set up an opening to rattle your brane inside your skull against your permission.

The best idea is to practice a striking art, and a takedown art, and a grappling art because they can all win a fight.
>>
>>39296581
>in a streetfight there mostly isn't as much kicking
Because you can only throw kicks if your opponent also throws them right? Dipshit if you can throw a solid kick you have a good advantage over some dipshit who can only throw haymakers
>>
>>39298885
Joe Rogan is fucking great
>>
>>39296892
Wtf, are you me?
>>
>>39305593
Kicking in an irl fight is a real good way to get your ass handed to you unless you're kicking someone who is already on the ground.
>>
>>39305537
Basic boxing and just practicing grecian wrestling occasionally with a training partner can give you everything you need to end a fight before it even starts.
>>
How many people seriously do other martial arts?

Street fights mostly happen in working class areas and working class areas almost always have boxing gyms
>>
Hahaha sure...
Everyone knows that muay thai + Bjj makes you street fighter god mode
>>
>>39296769
You fucking fairy.
>>
>>39306958

>some 120 LB austic neet kicks me because 'muy thai'
>grab his leg
>break it
>if i'm feeling generous just get him on the floor by grabbing his leg and don't break it

sick martial art
>>
>>39307033
Never been at a rich boys party? Rich boys who are drunk often tries to fight other guys, to show that they are "real men", eventhou their fathers have alot of money.
And what do you do when some "poor" guy try to fight you?
>>
Is 31 too old to start learning a fighting discipline? I recently became fit in the last couple of years after a lifetime of being a slothy pussy (mostly did it for health reasons as I have a couple of small kids now and want to watch them grow)

Now I'd like to learn how to defend myself but I don't even know where to start. I live in a major city and make pretty good money so no issues with finding the right discipline.
>>
>>39304841
That kick in the head on the black guy who was already knocked out was gnaaaarly
>>
>>39307146
It's never too late if you have the commitment. Some places might reject you because you probably won't compete but that should be rare as you'll be paying.
I'd recommend boxing as it'll teach you discipline with all the roadwork and stringent repetitions of drills. But obviously the martial art you choose is up to you
>>
>>39307059
>Ayyy he grabbed my knee, I'll wait for him to make a movement cuz I have sponge's brain

Also, do you even know how hard is to grab a Mt kick? It hurts as hell if you aren't conditioned
>>
>>39307059
>Implying

If said person has trained muay thai then they also have trained leg grabbing scenarios. If you don't know what you're doing expect a real surprise face punch.
>>
>>39307146
Boxing
BJJ
Judo
Muay Thai
Wrestling (majority of types will be good)
Sambo

Ideally pick one for a foundation, and then do another of different type

For example, do boxing (striking type) for a while, then crosstrain in BJJ (grappling type)
>>
>>39307146
It depends on how fucked your body is and which artial mart

I recomend muay thai..
>>
Anyone ever wondered what kind of martial arts Vegeta uses? Saiyan-Fu?
>>
File: russia-judo-putin.jpg (39KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
russia-judo-putin.jpg
39KB, 650x366px
>>39307146
I'm 31 myself and just started Judo. The only time it's gotten weird is when I've had to roll with near-jailbait because I'm a manlet.

I started because I've always wanted to get into a martial art but never had the time, so eventually I figured I had to MAKE the time and it was now or never.

>pic related, good enough for Putin, good enough for me
>>
>>39307282
Are you dumbass?
His artial martial actually exists and Brazilian people practice it. (capoeira)
>>
>>39297777
http://www.allthebestfights.com/category/boxing/video/
>>
File: 1475133110466.png (21KB, 251x215px) Image search: [Google]
1475133110466.png
21KB, 251x215px
>>39296984
Well, pack it in guys. He said "Fact" after each of his statements. There's no topping that now.
>>
>>39307301
>adidas slav gi
>>
>>39296496
>streetfights
dont where you guys are from but streetfights here result into death or later one of your family members will disappear
>>
>>39308618
t. tyrone but the rest of us have jobs
>>
Kicking in a street fight is very useful, provided you don't attempt stupid shit. A kick above the waist is akin to a wild haymaker punch, good effect if it hits but easy to counter and telegraphs from a mile away. A short snap kick to the kneecaps works wonders for people too caught up in boxing to pay attention. And of course five toes to the dick drops just about anyone. If you try to kick the head/ body during a street fight you deserve whatever happens to you, which is usually getting caught and fuckslammed into the pavement.
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.