[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 45

File: 1472694632273.jpg (85KB, 708x816px) Image search: [Google]
1472694632273.jpg
85KB, 708x816px
QTDDTOT

Last thread was at 300+ so I'm starting up a new one.

Coming from fatasfatass, where abouts should I start to bulk? I'm at 19% BF from ~25 and I'm not sure when I should start bulking.
Will I burn any more fat eating at a surplus while lifting or will I only go up in bf%?
>>
>>39290097
Can you gain weight back easily if you lose weight at a rapid amount of time?
>>
just gave pre-workout a try for the first time the other day, got this weird feeling from it, sorta tingling on my extremities, a little itchy
that normal or should i toss it? wasnt anything actually bad from it and i definitely had more energy than usual
>>
>>39290180

Does it have niacin in it?
>>
Can doing only trap bar squats build juicy legs?

Basically are trap bar squats an adequate replacement for high bar squats? I do bb hip thrusts before someone says it too
>>
I went to the gym for the first time today. I started SL so it was squats/bench press/barbell rows. It all went pretty good and I kept good form, except for the barbell rows. My legs were shakey from the squats so it was hard to get the form right, but I didn't hurt myself so I guess it wasn't too bad. Am I supposed to be putting the pressure on my heels for BB rows like in a squat?
>>
>>39290225
i cant recall, but its the lemon flavour of The Curse
>>
So I'm going to try and cut for winter, other than changing your diet to have a caloric deficit and taking in alot more protein to make sure you don't lose muscle, do I have to change any of my current routines? Do I have to do cardio now?
>>
How do I keep my joints from hurting? Am I lifting at too high a weight?
>>
>>39290328
holy shit you're retarded
>>
While on volume training what happens to my strenght? Does it stops going up completely or will it progress at a slower pace?
>>
So how do I fix my squat? I started lifting around 2 months ago and I noticed an anterior pelvic tilt and lower back pain. I tried not squatting as deep and stretching my hamstrings but nothing seems to have really helped and I still feel that tension and I really don't want to fuck up my back. How else should I go about fixing my squat?
>>
>>39290568
Doing cardio burns calories, so if you lower enough your caloric intake then it's not necessary.
>>
>>39291048
Take a video and post it in one of the powerlifting general threads that you can find here. People will give you advice there
>>
>>39291068
Every time I ask some dude to take one of me they always film that shit at an angle instead of directly to the side, I'll try again tomorrow though. And besides, 4chan don't take kindly to no colored folk.
>>
>>39290342
I've looked it up :
>muscle fuel blend
>blood flow amplifier blend

good indicator it's a shitty product... most preworkouts have beta-alanine (this one, too) and niacin. beta-alanine gives that tingly sensation. niacin does that as well, in addition to red, splotchy skin.

You're just sensitive to these ingredients.
>>
>>39290580
plenty of reasons for this:
>bad form
>too much volume
>injury
>bad mobility/flexibility
>ego-lifting

not trying to talk down on you - I have same issues. I found glucosamine sulphate really helps. It's the main ingredient in most "joint formulas".

look up Kelly Starrett on youtube for mobility work.

lift the weight you can handle, with good form. Nobody in the gym gives 2 fucks about how much you can lift.
>>
>>39291048
>>39291118
Always wondered why it seems like black guys tend to have Anterior pelvic tilt that is more pronounced than other races. Not really a question, just pondering
>>
>>39291118
>take a bench
>but a kettlebell on it
>adjust phone/camera so it's to the side.

if you want something done right...
>>
>>39290097
Lift at a maintenance for a month, get your form right, then lift and slowly cut to 10-12%bf, essentially when your middle abs show up. Bulk from there.
>>
>>39290934
a bigger muscle is a stronger muscle. Olympic weightlifters do volume training. So do powerlifters and strongmen.

As long as you continue to add more weight, you will build strength.
>>
>>39290934

Depends.

If you're not super strong, it'll keep going up (usually at a slower rate, but it'll often allow for longer progress than just doing lower volume work). If you're fairly strong it can often drop off while you're doing volume work due to a combination of fatigue and getting out of the groove because you're not going heavy.
>>
If I have had shin splints, would it be better to run on the treadmill or on pavement?
>>
>>39290328
not on heels - mid foot. look up barbell row tutorials on YT- Alan Thrall has a great video on this.
>>
>>39290161
Yes, you have to be consistent with your diet even after you reach target weight
>>
>>39291271
neither
if you have to run, run on grass or sand
>>
HELP I DID PSMF FOR 2 weeks it went good then just binged for the last week what do I do help me please
>>
>>39291293
I know, but I don't have easy access to either. It's either treadmill or pavement for today
>>
>>39290328
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlRrIsoDpKg
You might just be tight though, try streching after each lifting session
I honestly think SL is trash and ss/greyskull(with chins/rows) is better though
>>
>>39291301
fuck it im restarting it tomorrow but with no refeeds, refeeds make me just eat and eat and eat
>>
>>39291271
>>39291304
Good shoes
Treadmill
Only push yourself hard enough that your legs get strong enough and the shin splints go away, not so hard that you fuck yourself up.
>>
>>39291338
Strong legs don't alleviate shin splints. Only rest does
>>39291304
I would highly recommend not running and do other forms of cardio, like a bike machine
>>
Is it worth benching today if I still have slight doms. Doing smolov for bench 4 times a week so I bench every other day more or less .
>>
>>39291266
Thanks. The thing is I've been doing greyskull for 4.5 months. I did not yet reach the 1/2/3/4 so I'd like to keep doing it, but I am beginning to stall quite frequently. I feel like if I dont eat or sleep perfectly I'm gonna have problems in the gym and that's something I can't always do right. So I was pondering if maybe I should switch to volume training since my objective was to look good anyway. Still can't decide tho
>>
>>39291370
Doms actually get better if you lift mate. Never skip for doms
>>
>>39291400
Still I had crazy strenght gains compared to when I just started
>>
>>39291410
Been lifting for a few years. It's just that I got back from a 2 week vacation and jumped straight back on smolov. But will do
>>
What are some good excercises to train grip strength? I know wrist curls work them pretty good.

Also, I currently run PPLxULx , so on which day should I do said
exercises?
>>
>>39291461
>train grip strength
I meant forearms/grip strength
>>
>>39291431
Well I said it that way, but if you feel it's unbearable nobody will die if you take it easier for a week or 2. Only that in my experience if I feel like I cant move because of doms, once I get moving I instantly feel better.
>>
>>39291400
Bump for being in kinda exactly the same situation. Only it's 5 months of SS. Wanna know what to do too
>>
Are reverse/ hyper extensions important when doing SS? My gym doesn't have hyperextension benches and the closest I can see is a leg curl bench.
>>
If I wanted to incorporate 5/3/1 into my PPLPPLx routine, should I just do the 5/3/1 with my regular compound movements, but keep the rest the same, even though I'll be doing deadlifting and squats twice a week?
>>
>>39291599
You can do goodmornings instead.
>>
>>39291599
Also try cable pull throughs
>>
>>39291608
>>39291621
Are they neccessary when I'm already doing squats/deadlifts?
>>
File: 1478067533275.png (484KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1478067533275.png
484KB, 1080x1920px
hey fit, what do you think of this jacket?

i asked /fa/ but theres literally no fucks given on anything even remotely normiecore, i posted it in multiple threads there and it didnt even get shitted on, just straight up ignored, everyone would rather critique elaborate gay costumes that look straight up ridiculous
>>
File: dongufed.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
dongufed.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
am i don goofed? 173cm 90kg, is this fixable?

im lifting and cutting hoping for 1kg loss per week
>>
>>39290097
Going home for a week in a country town with little to no gyms available then to Vietnam for a week how do I keep my gains? Will Street food kill them in a week?
>>
is boxing with a heavybag good cardio?
any routines or whatever?
how much time should be spent without breaks?
is it better to hit it fast and work on footwork or slam it around with nasty hooks?

any advice from boxing bros?
>>
>>39291798
gay
>>
>>39291798
It's alright, it would look better in a color that isn't yellow.
>>
Is having a tight lower and middle back normal after deadlifts?

Not the spinal area itself, but either side of it

there's no pain either, just tightness
>>
>>39291900
Checked, can someone answer this?
I have a speedbag and a heavybag.
Is this decent cardio???
>>
Regular or hammer DB curls?
>>
What is a good exercise for tricep muscle imbalance?
>>
How many boiled eggs can I eat a day without worrying about long term health problems like clogged arteries?
>>
>>39292195
just eat the whites
>>
>>39292120
hammer hits different part of bicep
>>39292134
skullcrushers and kickbacks
>>39292195
fuck it yolo

BOXING THOUGH IS IT GOOD CARDIO? SERIOUS
>>
>>39292250
Thanks a lot man
Don't know about boxing though, sorry
>>
File: picfromtumb1_1280.jpg (408KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
picfromtumb1_1280.jpg
408KB, 1280x853px
>>39290097

are chipotle bowls good/healthy fast food

i'm at the nutritional page on their website and theres two calories

"calories from fat "745c and "calories 315.5c"
>>
HOW THE FUCK DO I DEAL WITH SLEEPIN GPROBLEMS NOTHING WROKS
>>
>>39292830
Yes chipotle is probably the healthiest you can get in terms of east food.
>>
File: 1467771563095.jpg (47KB, 480x515px) Image search: [Google]
1467771563095.jpg
47KB, 480x515px
Best accessory movements for helping out my OHP?
>>
File: 6IVCho9.gif (2MB, 250x158px) Image search: [Google]
6IVCho9.gif
2MB, 250x158px
What are some good and simple stretching/yoga exercises to do on the rest days?
>>
File: download.png (4KB, 374x135px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
4KB, 374x135px
I'm donating blood today, but I forgot that today is also a gym day. Can I take it easy at the gym or should I avoid it all together?
>>
When I have creatine (myprotein) I use 2 scoops worth (recommended amount), but it seems to be running out faster than the serving amount suggests. Will it hurt my gains to be stingy with creatine? When they say small scoops I take it that's not full ones?
>>
>>39293034
Push press
>>
>>39293034
Dumbell ohp, push press, incline press, flies.
>>
>>39290769
?
>>
>>39291271
patient: it hurts when I do this.
doctor: don't do that.

stop running until it heals, build muscles in legs, get the best running shoe before running again
>>
>>39291798
letterman's jacket
cool if it's your school, better if you earned it, and best if that was years ago, otherwise just fashion and thus not for real men
>>
>>39291900
whatever gets your heart rate where it should be and holds it there
>>
>>39293142
skip
>>
>>39293268
>just fashion and thus not for real men
So, what, in your opinion, a "real" man should wear then?
>>
/fit/ what the fucks wrong with my legs they're really disproportionate with my upper body and I work them out more than anything.
What can I do to turn my twigs into trunks?
>>
>>39291862
measure you bf%, cut to 15% bf.

Best speed to cut is 1% total bodyweight per week to maintain lean mass.
>>
I started getting in shape a few months ago from being just over the obese line, and after some great noob gainz, I lost about... 40 lbs or so, I've hit a stalemate the past month or two with nothing notable.

I did stop counting my calories at one point, but have picked it back up for the past two weeks and noticed my eating habits probably had something to do with it, as I ended up going over my TDEE by a few hundo the first days I was tracking it again.

Now that I'm back on track and increased my pullups to another max rep before failure, I should start seeing results again, right?

Really trying to drop under 200 lbs. I haven't weighed myself in over a month.
>>
>>39292120
I do hammer DB curls, preacher curls and straight bar cable rows.

Usually I'll do preacher curls followed by hammer curls after squats. Rest of the week I'll do either preacher curls or cable curls depending on which equipmanet is free or what I feeel like.

>>39292134
Close grip bench and tricep cable pulldown things are my go to tricep exercises.

>>39292250
Boxing is good cardio if it raises your heart rate enough and you can fit it into you program easily. No need to over think it really.

>>39292908
What have you tried?

>>39293034
Push press. Any tricep stuff if that's your weakness (it's usually my weak link in OHP)

>>39293296
More squat volume at 80% of your 1 RM

Do more isolations for legs.
>>
>>39293359
If you're eating below your TDEE then you'll continue losing weight.

Just try to avoid falling off the wagon again. Consistency is key.
>>
>>39293365
Had a lot of GF drama, but I'm single now so it should be even easier to stay on track.
>>
>>39293379
Fair enough. Enjoy being drama free!
>>
I have pretty much the opposite problem of this >>39293296 anon
My hips are moderately disproportionate with the rest of my body
It's not fat either, as far as I can tell it's mostly muscle
Should I do more upper body and arm accesories or should I just do less Squats and DLs?
I've been going to the gym only for about a month now (doing Greyskull).
132lbs 5'8"
>>
Pharmacy bros, will citalopram have any affect on my gains?
>>
>>39293415
Lift longer and see how you balance out. At the moment you are too small to really be able to effectively tell.

It's not uncommon for a program like GSLP to be lacking in upper body volume for some poeple though so you can always add some extra curls, dips and pull ups once you've done the main program. If you start to stall or struggle with progression then cut out the extras first.
>>
What are some good excercises to train forearms and grip strength? I know wrist curls work them pretty good.

Also, I currently run PPLxULx , so on which day should I do said
exercises?
>>
What're some good macro goals?

I was at 50% carb 30% fat and 20% protein, and I was hitting those with ease on my standard diet.

But, I think I'd like to hit closer to 40% protein 30% carb and 30% fat, does that sound like something that could happen? I'm pretty new to all of this, trying to lose weight & build muscle.
>>
File: IMG_2465.jpg (93KB, 850x565px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2465.jpg
93KB, 850x565px
Does it make sense to take yohimbine while on a bulk?
>>
>>39293460
Try it and see. I like doing dips after bench press personally but novice lifters tend to struggle with them.

I'd probably reccomend some light sets of DB bench if you feel you can recover from the additional volume.
>>
Fug I don't know where else to ask, already googled it, but my local gold's gym keeps charging me twice. I got charged twice last month and I figured it was gym dues, fine whatever, but they did it again this month.

I'm gonna go in and ask about it but the more I know the better, anyone else have this happen? From what I understand it's a pain to have the membership canceled, but they can't stop me if I go to my bank and say "kill this."
>>
Will not taking creatine put me back to my bench plateau, given I took it to break through it?
>>
>>39293541
Speak to them immediately. Take a copy of your statement to them and ask them wtf is up.

Don't leave until they refund you or offer you credit on your membership.

>>39293559
Creatine didn't break your bench plateau anon, you did.

In all seriousness, that isn't how creatin works. Creatine may help you increase training volume slightly, which might help you when stalling. It isn't some magic drug that helps you break PRs though.
>>
>>39293446
No
>>
>>39291798

Did you actually earn any awards or accolades in school? Thats what letter jackets are for.
Its really only best to wear this type of jacket if its genuine- otherwise, its kinda lame.

Clothing like this is suppose to denote specific experiences youve had.
If you want something more ambiguous,but still following the same visual schematic- hop on silk, bomber jackets.
Travel is a more common experience that most people have had- and the Asian, souvenir bombers are much more in line with that theme, without seeming tool-ish. Plus they are also popular with normies now, so youre two-for-two.
For extra credit, try to get your hands on a genuine souvenir jacket- theyre more detailed than the ones for sale, and look cooler.
Thrift and army surplus stores have these lying around, but you might have competition.
>>
I want my chest to look like a breastplate. Right now, I'm seeing more development in the outer and lower chest area. What exercises should I focus on to get a flatter chest?
>>
>>39293637
If you don't have the genetics/insertions for it it won't make a difference.
>>
if you're a fatty lifting weights (in addition to diet to hopefully retain/gain some muscle) to help with losing fat how close to your TDEE do you want to eat? Does it depend on lift/rest day? I'm dumb please help
>>
>>39293664
If you want to retain lean mass avoid losing more than 1% of your total body weight each week.
>>
>>39293642
I just want to look like a greek sculpture senpai. :((
>>
>>39293769
Greek sculpture represented an artistic ideal that is anatomically impossible for the most part.

To get a similar physique just focus on getting the proportions right, most people have over developed chests so fail to get similar aesthetics to classical sculpture.
>>
File: IMAG1292_1.jpg (191KB, 1076x1608px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1292_1.jpg
191KB, 1076x1608px
Bodyfat estimate please?
5'11, 164.
>>
>>39290180
That's normal, it likely has citrulline, arginine, and beta-alanine
>>
>>39293834
kind of a shitty angle for it but I reckon ~20% since you don't appear to have much lean mass at all.
>>
File: Dead.jpg (11KB, 236x238px) Image search: [Google]
Dead.jpg
11KB, 236x238px
>tfw 28 BMI and eating some VLCD food replacement that tastes like chocolate flavored fish

Put me out of my misery.
>>
>>39293871
Have you tried not being a retard and eating less like a normal person?
>>
>>39293877
Yeah, it's worked so far but I want it to go faster but I can't bother going outside.
>>
Do you need to do heavy curls to get big biceps?

I'm doing strict form at 111 and it's just killing my forearm (snapped my arm in half about 15 years ago and the pain is there).

Can you get big biceps with lower weight and resistance bands for example? Speaking curls only since I do a lot of compounds.
>>
>>39293883
You could just eat even less instead of wasting your money on retarded fads that taste disgusting.
>>
>>39293893
Financially it's about the same as my regular food.
>>
>>39293890
I found the biggest increases in bicep size came from increases training frequency rather than lifting more weight.

>>39293900
So what's the fucking point? Regular food tastes nicer and probably has higher sateity
>>
File: IMG-20161102-WA0009.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161102-WA0009.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Next spring I'll be competing in Battle of the Nations (championships in medieval combatsport), and my weakness is... well.. being weak as fuck. I need to be able to swing a sword and hit a person with a mace hard enough to knock them out (or down).

I got these today, 40kg each and I need help making a routine with them. I'm female, 162cm long and 64kg, not in GREAT shape, but not the worst either.
>>
I want to aggressively cut, but not lose strength. My TDEE is ~3K can I cut to 1K and take 1.4g/lb of protein powder (~900 cal) and still retain my strength while losing fat?
>>
>>39293975
You can maintain lean mass if you lose body weight at roughly 1% per week.
>>
How much bacon is to much bacon on Keto?

I'm poor so it's pretty much bacon, eggs, chicken and cheese day in day out, I am losing weight but holy shit I'm filling like half my daily fat intake through bacon it just seems not right.
>>
>182 cm
>77 kg
should I bulk to 85 kg ?
>>
>>39293434
bump

ps need good protein shake recipe.

I was just gonna do scoops and milk, this is going to be my first tub of protein powder I've ever bought.
>>
>>39294045
Yeah, but don't just get fat. Try to stick between 15% and 20% bf

>>39294056
I just use 1.5 scoops, 5g creatine and fill to the top with whole milk. It's not rocket science.
>>
>>39294085
k, just sticking to my macros.
>>
>>39294085
I just see a lot of faggots adding almonds, and yogurt and shit. I wasn't trying to do all of that.

Do they usually taste pretty bad? Would I be better off doing it in like, a shot? Like, powder, milk, stir, shoot kinda shit?

Or should I just make up a shaker and sip sip sip on that
>>
>>39293973
which team?
>>
>>39294107
Finlands buhurt team
>>
>>39294100
I just get vanilla flavoured and it tastes fine honestly. It's not exciting but it tastes good enough to have next to me on my desk while I work.
>>
I took a couple days off because i believe i have steroid like genetics and never know when my muscles are sore. In the gym everyday for two months before that. In the off time I'm getting my diet in check. Do you guys recommend off time after lifting 7 days a week for two months? If not, what's a better option?
>>
>>39294155
Also, how much off time is recommended in a week of two muscles a day?
>>
>>39294124
cool. Care to post a pic in gear?

Actual advice - you don't have a whole lot of time. Get a gym membership and do barbell strength training for maximal strength gains. You honestly won't get noticeably stronger with those two bad boys.
>>
File: 17368736837.png (23KB, 161x140px) Image search: [Google]
17368736837.png
23KB, 161x140px
guys I accidentally two birth control pills from my girlfriend, am very nervous and sweaty, can anything bad happen?
>>
Currently in DYEL mode. I've gotten most of my newbie gains in my arms and chest and my legs look like I do squats and deadlifts on the daily basis.

The only thing that I really need to improve are my lats and my abs. Anyone have have good tips on working on these?
>>
>>39294212
What happened? Did she take two pills? Did you go full autism and take the pills? Either way, that shit is not good, it might be best to call a doctor because it can seriously fuck shit up.
>>
Hey /fit, please help me with something that's kind of freaking me out a bit.

Super gross fatty girl that's been getting fit thanks to this forum (thanks heaps for the advice I've been reading in here!) but I've noticed some weird body changes and I'm wondering if that's normal?

I'm just over 13kg lost since August. I've noticed that my big gross belly has been shrinking (yay!) but instead of being uniformly round it now has this strangely flat indent at its widest part? Is that normal for weight loss?

Also is itchy skin normal too? I'm not meaning after a workout, and my hygiene is excellent normally. It's usually on my calves and thighs and belly - is that skin shrinking?

If anybody could help me that'd be really appreciated.
>>
>>39294229
I accidentally the pills
what shit could it fuck it? seriously scared
>>
>>39294100
Different anon here. For a fucking amazing tasting protein drink, get a fuck ton of ice, a scoop of vanilla & chocolate, and 2-3 cups of milk. Blend that shit up and it is a goddamn milkshake.
>>
>>39294100
just dont forget to activate the almonds
>>
>>39294242
H-how did you do that? That expect to grow some tits, go call your doctor asap. There's probably a good chance you're just trolling around right now, but if it's the 1% chance that you are honestly that fucking retarded, you need to call your doctor asap.

Your hormones will be all sorts of fucked if you don't. I'm not kidding, drop what your doing, call in sick, call your doctor or go to an emergency care clinic right, fucking, now.
>>
I've had a cough for the last month, complete with phlegm and have had mild chest/lung ache here and there. My lifts are affected and I tire from my sets easily.
What do?
>>
>>39294234
Decent effort on the weight loss so far. The flat indent is probbaly just where the fat has been most available for metabolism to make up your energy deficit, it isn;t really anything you can do anything about so just ignore it.

Is the skin just itchy or is it dry too? Is there a rash?
>>
File: gainz.jpg (45KB, 161x140px) Image search: [Google]
gainz.jpg
45KB, 161x140px
>>39294271
it seriously cant be that bad right? that bitch takes them daily, only feeling a strange nervous feeling and some nausea
>>
>>39294234
Post a picture of what you are talking about. Weight loss should be uniform to the rest of your body. I lost 90lbs in two years, so I might be able to know what you're talking about.
>>
>>39294282
Thank you! I'm still a long way off but I'm going to keep at it!

There's no sign of rashes or anything like that. Skin's in pretty good condition, I moisturise and it's not naturally dry. I just find it sometimes really overwhelmingly itchy for no reason, mostly in the evenings just before bed.
>>
>>39294290
First page on google, prep for the gyno:

>If a male were to take just one birth control pill, nothing whatsoever would happen. However, if a male took birth control pills that contain estrogen over a period of time, he might experience larger breasts, less facial hair, smaller testicles and a decreased sex drive.
>>
>>39294195
What are you on about? Dumbells are just as good for strength as barbells and adjustable 40kg dumbells for a girl are more than enough.

>>39293973
I'd say do SS or SL, both can be modified to be done with dumbells. I'd recommend getting a adjustable bench (if you don't have one) for bench press, although floor press is a good substitute for bench.
>>
File: 20090513-english-muffin.jpg (49KB, 500x316px) Image search: [Google]
20090513-english-muffin.jpg
49KB, 500x316px
How many calories in an english muffin with butter?! I'm getting vastly conflicting answers.

My package says 160 for the muffin, but idk on butter. usda says 1 tablespoon is 102, but these sites say combined it's only like 20. I'm irrationally angry about not knowing.

https://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/usda/english-muffin-with-butter?portionid=40473&portionamount=1.000
https://www.google.com/search?q=calories+butter&oq=calories+butter&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60.1403j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
>>
File: IMG_7907.jpg (175KB, 1647x567px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7907.jpg
175KB, 1647x567px
>>39294293
Please forgive the gross picture. I know I'm hideous.

This is a picture of the edge of my belly, under my belly button. It used to be a super huge fupa and it's shrinking, but now it's getting weirdly shaped? I've never been anything other than a fat fuck my whole life so this is all new to me.
>>
>>39294364
yeah its a little ugly

>>39294351
this annoys me too

>>39294290
you'll get some boob gainz maybe

>>39294277
you might have a disease of some kind
>>
>>39294351
just wigh your butter and use the calories on the butter package to find out how much it is
>>
>>39290180
Enjoy it while it lasts, tolerance is a bitch
>>
>>39294364
Oh, I wouldn't worry about it! Had someone I know explain that something just like that happened to him while he was losing weight. It's just your fat slowly dissolving away!

Seriously, keep up the good work!
>>
>>39294389
no weight, no butter package.

Is there no site that accurately tracks this stuff I can reference?
>>
>>39294411
The actual package the butter came in /has/ to have the calories on it.
>>
File: IMG_7908.jpg (31KB, 161x140px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7908.jpg
31KB, 161x140px
>>39294411
just eat something else if you're too autistic about a 100 calorie difference
>>
>>39294431
No i mean I threw it out.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1478106873614.jpg (77KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1478106873614.jpg
77KB, 960x540px
>>39294195
I have a gym where I go whenever I have time, but that's not very often.

My set is ottoman-mongolian, the one in the middle :)
>>
>>39294386
If it gets any worse, I'll see a doctor. Can bloodwork check for any serious respiratory problems, given I had mine yesterday?
>>
>>39291461
>>train grip strength
Farmers walks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92cwGLa-wdQ
and towel pull-ups
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSOOQc3ahpo
>>
>>39294590
why see a doctor? Just believe some random people on the internet
>>
Do you need to actually progress in weight for lat raises? Or can you just do them slower?
>>
>>39294009
Invest in a jar of virgin coconut oil. Best way to get fats. Cook with it or mix it in tea
>>
>>39294769
I usually go up in weight when I can do 4 reps of 8
>>
>>39290097
What is a good App for tracking meals, I need something to keep me on track, so I can leave skelly town
>>
>>39295030
I was using Simple Diet Diary on my old phone, and switched to My Fitness Pal with my new phone, and My Fitness Pal is lightyears ahead of simple diet diary.

It has everything already in its food look up data base, tracks your macros and everything.
>>
>>39295030
I like my fitness pal, I usually eat different variations of meals, and have them all preset. I'm like a robot. I just have to eat it. And then tap that preset meal on myfitnesspal. Easy.
>>
Muscle Activation

Is there an established routine that synergises well with StrongLifts/Starting Strength that'll help you develop your muscle activation.

I'm having fucking piss poor muscle activation on ALL my lifts.

ALL of them.

The only ones I activate any muscles on were my Seated OHP, and Row, OHP was felt in my shoudders & triceps marginally, because I was trying to explode in the press.

The row was felt in my fucking forearms of all things.
>>
File: IMAG1282_1.jpg (357KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1282_1.jpg
357KB, 1520x2688px
Have I hit sub 17 % bodyfat? I'm 5'11, 164
>>
Should I do squat or bb glute bridges first if I'm not sure I'm activating my ass in squats?
>>
File: 24629364.png (77KB, 491x541px) Image search: [Google]
24629364.png
77KB, 491x541px
two questions:

1) After trying to do bicycle ab exercises the area slightly under my heart starts aching before my abs do and I have to stop. Is this just muscles being stressed above their regular threshold, am I doing the exercise incorrectly or do I have some sort of deformity?

2) My ribcage is bigger than what I think is average. Are there corrective exercises for it?
>>
>>39295183
>Wanting to do two routines at once.
lel

Heres what you do because I had the same issue. Lower the weight if it takes a lot of effort to life the weight. Go slow on every rep. Focus on contracting the muscle you want EVERY rep. Continue the program as you would, adding weight progressively but if the next workout you can't make that mind-muscle connection with the intended muscles then lower the weight. Trust me. Lower the weight or else its all for naught. You might also want to try pre-fatiguing the muscles but I think what would serve you best would be to start with a low weight and increase the volume to form the mind-muscle connection.
>>
>>39295247

I have the time. There's no reason not to if I have the time.
>>
>>39295233
1. Where exactly under your heart? Pec area? Or near the end of your rib cage?

2. No lol. Nice try though. You might have Barrel Chest though...try doing some googling.
>>
>>39295101
>>39295104
That app doesn't work on my phone. I sign up and do the email verification, but it won't let me sign into the app. I can sign in on the web site, but I'm looking for a dedicated app.
>>
>>39295270
Ok great then do some Pre-fatigue before you start your workout! Just dont go overboard with it. Keep it light.
>>
>>39295288
i dunno man works fine for millions of other users
>>
File: skook.png (2KB, 137x90px) Image search: [Google]
skook.png
2KB, 137x90px
>>39295284
1. Around the red spot in pic related

2. It seems possible. There's really no cure for it?
>>
>>39295219
Continue doing squats. In addition to that, I recommend doing the bridges alongside hip extensions and clamshells. A google search can help you find out what the hell those exercises are. Doing the bridges, extensions and clamshells everyday should help with the activation of your glutes.
>>
>>39295312

Looks like your sternum, or more specifically your xiphoid process.

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/workouts/workout-tips/how-deal-sternum-pain
>>
File: IMG_1209.png (29KB, 161x140px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1209.png
29KB, 161x140px
>>39295288
>>
>>39294769
Look up double progression. If you can do your sets completely (4x12) with clean form. Move up in weight. Or not. Up to your preference.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/feeling-the-muscle-vs-moving-the-weight
>>
>>39292134
Kickbacks and single rope tricep pushdowns.
>>
File: 1471253828839.jpg (115KB, 728x690px) Image search: [Google]
1471253828839.jpg
115KB, 728x690px
>>39295334
>The one exercise that can be done at home has me clueless on how to do it
>>
Extremely dumb question: Is there an exercise that targets the bottom of the pec muscles? I don't have gyno, but the bottom outside of my pecs feel soft and weak compared to the rest of my pecs.
>>
Yesterday I did pullups, yates rows and deadlifts (among other exercises). Today I have a sharp pain right under my left shoulderblade whenever I turn my body, it stretches right to my spine. Will I be okay?
>>
roids or no?
>>
>>39295313
I mean should I start with squats or bb glute bridges on leg day?
>>
>>39295183
This is because you are weak. When you are moving more weight the limiting factor will be the primary muscles not the supporting muscles.

read this:
http://strengtheory.com/complete-strength-training-guide/
>>
Anyone know a good hammy exercise I can do at home gym? I never feel it in my hammys doing squats.

I have dumbells and a barbell, a bench...
>>
>>39292002
Yup, normal and good. That's what pump in your spinal erectors, the muscles on either side of your lumbar spine, feels like.
>>
>>39293290
Banana hammocks are the only /fit/ approved clothing for Real Menâ„¢
>>
>>39295985
BB glute bridges. They're not as big a hammie exercise as an ass one but they still hit the hams hard. Romanian deadlift is also a good one.

Don't rely on squats for hamstring development no matter what you're doing though. Even with the most perfectly executed hamstring targeted lowbar squats you will still need more
>>
Should I feel sore after a workout? Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't
>>
Should I run today? It's my rest day and I think I might have herpes, digits decide.
>>
Is pollack /fit/ approved? The sticky says to eat more fish, so I bought a bunch of the cheapest decent-looking stuff I could find.

Actually, for future reference. How do I check if something is up to /fit/ standards or not?
>>
How do you fix anterior pelvic tilt?
>>
https://youtu.be/Z5VSi7YNr4Y?t=12m45s

What mode is blackshirt?
>>
File: image_9.jpg (94KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
image_9.jpg
94KB, 601x508px
I feel a slight pain in my chest area since a few days.

I live pretty healthy, i'm doing cardio, i don't drink, don't smoke, i don't eat unhealthy.

Am i gonna die, or does it mean that i am achieving Zyzz mode?
>>
>>39296916
Search for "Strength Side" on youtube, he has some good videos about it.
>>
At what point should I start to worry about my fat intake? I've not done any calculations, and I'm certainly not trying to avoid fat, but ever since I've switched from eating chicken thighs with skin to skinless chicken breasts, I'm getting a little worried by the fact that my main fat intake might be my plebian semi-skimmed milk or whatever fat my veg happens to have. Is this actually a cause for concern? Or am I just being silly?
>>
I just realized that I shift the bar to the right mid-movement then returning it to center when it's higher when I'm overhead pressing. Puts more load on my left shoulder and shifts my right shoulder down. How should I go about fixing this? Lift just the bar and slowly reload over the next couple weeks?
>>
Is 5 a day a meme? I know that it's a British government thing, but how seriously should it be taken as a guideline?
>>
What's the main difference between neutral grip pullups and overhand pullups in terms of muscles worked? And what difference does a wide or narrow grip make?
>>
I have binge eaten probably around 3-4000 calories over maintenance the last four days. I lifted twice during that span. Probably didn't get more than 100g of protein per day since I binged mostly on junk food. How much fat did I gain?
>>
Pulled a muscle in my back 2 weeks ago. Doc said it should heal fine and I could continue training depending on how I feel. Injured myself on 385lbs second pull(out of 3). I'm now doing 225 at higher reps (8) until I feel confident again, problem is once I'm done with the set I feel like passing out to where I have to sit. I'm breathing after each pull. What's wrong with me?
>>
>>39290097
How does the adonis belt and obliques pop out more? I'm around 13%bf(or maybe I suck at estimating but no more than 14% defo) and its extremely visible if I push my insides out yet when not flexing its almost not there

I do notice that the last reserves of fat are in my lower back sides so maybe thats it?
>>
Last thread there was a skelly worrying that too much of his fat was going in the wrong place, that got me wondering. If you're a skelly, how do you tell that you're fat isn't distributed normally? I'm a skelly myself, and I honestly can't tell you whether or not my fat is abnormal.
>>
>too poor for supplements
>too shit a country to get sunlight
/fit/, how do I get some more vitamin D in my diet?
>>
This has probably already been asked, but I'm 5'6" and 190lb. Starting c25k was wondering if I should add lifting to my weight loss. Do I just follow what the sticky says and do SS or do I wait till after I reach my target weight for SS?
>>
>>39297472
Pls respond
>>
File: 1477970232015.jpg (7KB, 235x221px) Image search: [Google]
1477970232015.jpg
7KB, 235x221px
When i lift a weight i get a weird sensation in my right arm

Its been like that since i first lifted 15 years ago, then i stopped; now that im lifting again i feel it still

>right arm
on the inside of the elbow joint i feel a gross squishy pop as i lift a weight up; like a heavy fast raindrop fell on the muscle in there. Its everytime i do a rep, and the more i do it the more intense it gets. Hurts, but its more icky than anything. Finger tips get a sparkling feeling after it sometimes and some pops are real intense where my hand shakes after

>left arm
totally normal. In contrast, it feels real comfy to lift and actually good.

Im thinking its a nerve going between muscles or even right thru them.. anyone else get this? should i just lift in an angle that avoids that feeling even if it affects what part of the muscle is working out? could it cause damage?
>>
>>39297670
>on the inside of the elbow joint i feel a gross squishy pop as i lift a weight up; like a heavy fast raindrop fell on the muscle in there. Its everytime i do a rep, and the more i do it the more intense it gets. Hurts, but its more icky than anything. Finger tips get a sparkling feeling after it sometimes and some pops are real intense where my hand shakes after
I think I know what this is, but if it's what I'm thinking it is, then I need to ask you a question.

Anon, do you have a penis?
>>
how do i fix being skinnyfat?
upper body has ribs showing but i have a small lower gut and wide hips.

do i loose weight or bulk?
>>
Sexy lady make the erector in pant? Should hide or no?
>>
>>39297638
If you can, you should lift. SS is fine for a beginner, although I like GSLP more. Up to you really.

>>39297540
Eggs? Vit D supplements really aren't that expensive.

>>39297332
Not that much. Mostly would be water weight, especially since junk food is high in salt as well. Restrict your diet for 2-3 weeks and you should be where you were at before then.

>>39297472
How many times did this happen? In one training session, or multiple?

>>39297212
Depends on how badly it affects the lift, but if it's not too bad, I would just keep progressing. Barbell movements will naturally round out those imbalances. Just make sure you're bracing properly and actively trying to keep the weight from shifting. If it's to the point where you can't keep it from happening, then deload 10-15 lbs and work back up.

>>39297839
Start lifting at maintenance cals or slightly above and put on some muscle mass. If you still feel fat, then cut. If you don't, then bulk with a slightly bigger surplus.

>>39297862
unzip your dick pussy faggot
>>
File: pillz.jpg (8KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
pillz.jpg
8KB, 500x357px
>>39295030

I use Lose It! and it's pretty darn good - the free version will track calories from carbs, fat & protein

if you have a fitness tracker, you can link everything through the Health app so it'll pick up your burned calories from working out so it'll give you net daily calories
>>
>>39297913
This is my first time doing deadlifts at a higher rep range.
>>
>>39297913
>Start lifting at maintenance cals or slightly above and put on some muscle mass. If you still feel fat, then cut. If you don't, then bulk with a slightly bigger surplus.

ive been eating 1500kcal a day for the past month and the hips have gone down in size but i still have a large "muffin top" but cutting this way has made my ribs always on show, i dont have a picture of the front and its too late at night to take one right now, but pic related is my back taken about 2-3 days ago
>>
Anyone else get spinal pain when doing front squats? I'm talking about my mid-upper back, not the muscles but the spine itself really hurting
I dunno if it's cause of front squats or just I have back problems

Also maybe unrelated but some days my spine starts absolutely killing me, usually late at night if I've been standing around at work or been out for a while, and it's really painful until I either lie down and it goes away for a while, or a properly crack it on something
>>
>>39297933
Could just be an off day from being tired. I suspect that it's your breathing though: try to breath into your abdomen instead of chest to brace. When you breath into the chest while bracing, the head pressure will often do what you described. I've passed out before from improper breathing.

>>39297979
You really need more muscle mass before you (or anyone else) can make the judgement call to do a hard cut or bulk. Eat maintenance and focus on progressing on your lifts.

>>39297531
Cut more. bodyfat % is hard to calculate, and you could be off by 5% even with calipers. Just cut until you're happy, don't worry about %.
>>
>>39297142
If by zyzz mode you mean "avoid saunas at all costs" then yes. You're zyzz mode
>>
File: 1475455098985.jpg (63KB, 763x800px) Image search: [Google]
1475455098985.jpg
63KB, 763x800px
What's your total gym experience?
>SS for two years
>still squat less than 135 pounds
>>
anyone care to suggest any good excerises for lower abs??
>>
File: 1436561342900.png (103KB, 351x242px) Image search: [Google]
1436561342900.png
103KB, 351x242px
About to go to the gym after a few months away, what are some good exercises I can do in place of barbell rows? I'm not strong enough to row 1pl8 yet and letting the bar dangle at the right height feels weird and is hard to keep good form with.
>>
>>39298147
hanging leg raises? they seem to hit my lower abs nicely
try doing them but laying down on the ground too this one gets me real sore there
>>
File: hairstyle.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hairstyle.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>39290097
How do you know if your hair is thinning at certain spots?

IDK if I am just being paranoid for nothing but though my hair seems to grow at a good pace I cant help but feel by grabbing it that its thinner. Though some elder people are telling me that if its thinning, I would notice without a doubt because the hairloss almost happens all at once.

I can see some hair on my bathroom floor as well.

But then again this has been the longest its been for about a year (above 2")

What do? I already stopped creatine. Fuck that.
>>
Why do the Quaker rolled oats taste so different from the other brands, despite having more or less the same macros?

For example, shit like Aldi porridge oats with some milk tastes kinda like muesli, but Quaker rolled oats with milk tastes closer to cold porridge. Can anyone explain that?
>>
>>39298162
sit back on your heels, open hips, back and head should be neutral and parallel to floor. you should be able to reach even a 10 pound plate. also breathe in and brace the abs on each rep and don't let the bar dangle or your back will round.
>>
>>39297913
>Eggs? Vit D supplements really aren't that expensive.
Ah shit. I've got an irrational fear of eggs. I knew that one day /fit/ would force me to fix it. Fuck.
>>
File: 1478059932761.jpg (47KB, 621x502px) Image search: [Google]
1478059932761.jpg
47KB, 621x502px
>Went to the gym for the first time today
>Ran uphill for 15min straight so I guess its my new pr
>After running I went over to the dumbells and had no clue what I was doing
>Went back to the running machines and spent another hour there before leaving.

My question is; What should I be eating to gain weight as fast as possible?

I guess someone would say that Im semi-bulimic, I dont eat anything throughout the day and only eat dinner before going to sleep. Whats a good starter diet to gain weight with?
>6'1
>177lbs.
>>
>>39297913
>>39298236
Actually, are there any good alternatives to eggs? Even if I didn't have such a fear of them, aren't they loaded with saturated fat?
>>
So /fut/ currently I´m 5´11 and 190 lbs, aprox 15- 20 % bf
What should I do? Continue bulking or start a cut?
>>
>>39298197
Bumping because this post is literally me too.

I was going to shave the sides of my hair to check if their were bald spots.
>>
>>39298260
https://www.amazon.com/NatureWise-Vitamin-Organic-Olive-Non-GMO/dp/B00GB85JR4/ref=sr_1_4_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1478129024&sr=1-4&keywords=vitamin+d

4 cents per day. Cheaper than eggs.

>>39298256
Eat calorie dense foods? Peanut butter is great for this, just make sure you get enough protein.
>>
>>39295756

I upped the volume to 8 reps and suddenly muscle activation all around.

My Quads are still shit tho.
>>
>>39298168
for some reason they dont do it for me brah, maybe i'll try them sitting down like you said
>>
fasted cardio yay or nay?
>>
Based Piana says he used to do arm workouts every night. Is this the optimal way to build arms, or is it overtraining?
>>
Getting slight bruising in my chest and upper arm/shoulder area when doing bench/chest excercises. Concern, or not?
>>
>>39298421
Fastest way to destroy your elbow doing skullcrushers and hammer curls every night.
>>
File: 20161102_184251.jpg (2MB, 2660x1462px) Image search: [Google]
20161102_184251.jpg
2MB, 2660x1462px
What is this it hurts.
>>
Can anyone recommend a good barbell? Don't want to spend much more than $300 Canadian.
>>
I'm so fucking tired every day when I get to work. Is this normal?

>wake up, drink preworkout and creatine
>go to gym, lift, then sauna and shower, drink protein in the way home
>get home, eat an actual meal, relax, get ready for work
>get to work, eat free work meal (usually just get three grilled boneless chicken breasts)
>immediately get exhausted and feel like shit the rest of the night

Is there something I'm missing in this routine? I'm 6', 245lbs, cutting because fat. My work isn't really strenuous at all but feel so tired all night sucks.
>>
>>39298547
Take a deload week.
Feeling tired so much is a clear sign of overtraining.
>>
why are there so many mexican doctor clinics with 1 star yelp reviews?
>>
>>39298547
might be the sauna for the heat lad. When do you drink coffee?
>>
>>39298143

>Stuck at 150lb squat
>Pain in hips.

>Can't find anything that's an "AHA! That should fix it" solution
>Can't afford doctor.
>Been lifting for 2 months, can bench 160 but dropped weight in order to get muscle activation together.

>Get incredibly bad quad glute & ham activation during squat.
>Rows only activate forearms.

I don't like how I've got a fucking disconnect with my bodies musculature. I've always been active in some shape or form. FFS.

>Reset my SL app to scratch
>Gonna see if weight drop does the trick for muscle activation along with higher volume, 8x rather then 5x.
>Fuck naysayers.
>>
anyone ever fuck up / stress their shoulders doing these or am I the only one? : /
>>
Doing a program that calls for front squats after deadlifts. I suck at front squats and they always aggravate my lower back, which is especially fatigued after deads.

What would be an alternative to front squats?
>>
what do you do to relieve (for good) lower back muscle tension?

baslically can't touch my toes. going from standing/sitting causes pain. if i lay on my back then roll on my side it causes pain.

can't see a doctor. what do,
>>
I stopped lifting for 4 months and lost 10 pounds of gains

anyone have a good routine to get out of ottermode?

also should I use a weight gainer protein powder or just normal protein powder?
>>
>>39298796
only when i had tight shoulders to begin with. also loading too much weight. even if the weight isn't your max, or not that heavy, still, work on the rom and ability to do the exercise. after a few sessions up the weight. add in other exercises that hit those areas in the mean time.
>>
>>39298796
you probably don't have the mobility to open up your arms or you're doing too much weight or youo're not focusing your chest
>>
>>39298853
pic makes no sense even if it isn't pic related stil makes no sense. not answering your question.
>>
height lengthening routines?
>>
>>39298463
stop walking around barefoot. always wear socks. when coming home exchange your pair for a fresh pair for walking around the house. stay off your feet so much. check how old yourshoes are. or maybe you are constnatly wearing "fresh" shoes that are not broken in.
>>
Will doing high bar squats significantly reduce the amount of mass added to my glutes as compared to low bar? High bar is a lot more comfortable for me but I want to get a big butt so it doesnt hurt as much when my asshole gets rammed.
>>
>>39298421
>>39298460
he's on shit that helps him recover faster so for him it is not an issue.

for you it varies because of your level of fitness and weight/reps/sets, etc. the obvious answer is you know when you are overtraining.
>>
>>39298872
I'll keep this in mind. Usually did them with palms facing each other and the ropes decently higher than the pic but the rest of it seems accurate. I read not focusing on keeping your shoulders back can fuck you up...and I'm sure I was clearly rolling them.

>>39298882
Hmm. I'd say one of the first two.
>tfw taken 1.5 weeks off of bench press so far due to this
kill me.
>>
>>39298269
15-20 is quite the gap. get that checked out.

i say continue bulking but eat cleaner than you currently are.
>>
>>39298224
some of it is the machines used. also the packaging.

i mean you can apply this to any foods. not talking about striaght fron the earth shit like two different brands apples. but take apple JUICE and there yougo. the process molds flavor.
>>
>>39298884
sleep at night then wake up and measure your height. boom you gained a temporary half inch or so.

if you are a teen or adolescent eat clean and eat a lot. boom you help maximize your stature.

if you are a freak get yourparents to take youto the doctor so they canbreak your shins. boom they add metal plates inand your shins are now a few inches longer. boom you are now taller.
>>
I have super scrawny forearms. I recall reading that forearms will grow larger as a result of benching and other lifts, as well as increased caloric/protein intake from bulking. Is this true? I'd rather not waste time doing specific lifts targeting just forearms
>>
>>39298934
thx senpai
>>
>>39298899
depends on the weight and your sets/reps. you want range of motion. half squats and whatnot help but don'tmake it your main squatting exercise. imo.
>>
>>39298946
it's called gains.
>>
why do questions here seem to only get 1 response? wouldn't you think any other online forum, all these questions would get dozens?

what does this say about this community?
>>
>>39298978
4chan has been slowing down a lot lately in general, at least the boards I visit.
>>
>>39299007
i heer dey r gunna shut down 2soon
>>
>>39299014
Don't believe mook's lies
>>
>>39298961
Yeah of course. I'm talking atg highbar 3x5 with as much weight as I can do.
>>
Does the order of exercises matter?
Should you do accesories after main lifts?
>>
>>39298853
>>39298883

pls respond
>>
File: disgusted ivanka.png (302KB, 366x427px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted ivanka.png
302KB, 366x427px
>>39290097
I've been negative pullups (3x10) trying to progress to actual pullups.

When I'm done, I "feel them" 90% in my forearms, 10% upper arms, and 0% on my back or lats.

I'm doing something wrong, right?
>>
>>39299167
You won't get doms everytime.a also if your forearms are sore you are developing your grip doing so.

Keep doing what your doing, but I suggest attempting your pull ups as best you can and then dead hang back down. What I mean by this is is your legs to assist while you pull up as little as possible. Then swing your legs back and control your decent.
>>
File: 1452591679698.jpg (264KB, 1008x1395px) Image search: [Google]
1452591679698.jpg
264KB, 1008x1395px
Skinnyfat here
What would happen if I did this
I know it wouldn't be anything like those pics
>>
>>39299299
It's really bad
Read the sticky
>>
>>39299324
What if I want to into skinny faggot mode
>>
>>39299335
Then you should eat at a caloric deficit man
Again, read the sticky, there's everything you need to know there
>>
>>39299299
if you practiced sport your whole life it will work, but youll need REALLY low body fat
>>
>>39299299
>299299

Nice.

But nothing would happen if you do that workout. Absolutely nothing. You could do that workout for 2,776 aeons and nothing would happen. Nothing. Join me in the warp, and squat every day. Join me in the warp, and squat every day. Join me in the warp, and squat every day. Join me in the warp, and squat every day. Join me in the warp, and squat every day.
>>
How long does it take not lifting till you start to lose your gains? Especially since the holidays are near.
>>
>>39299349
The sticky says to lift weight maybe do cardio and eat at a deficits
The only thing that picture says that the sticky doesn't, is it recommends 7 days a week
Hm
>>
>starting weight 280, start actually lifting around 180
>was able to get my bench up to a measly 75
>have cut down to 140
>can't even hardly do 60 now
Why am I so fucking bad at this shit? Is my form just shitty or what's the deal here?
>>
>>39299377
>299377
Right back at you anon
>>
>>39299518
JOIN ME IN THE WARP AND SQUAT EVERY DAY
>>
>>39290097
how necessary are proper shoes for olympic lifting? I'm trying to learn the lifts properly so I'm not too sure if I should bother with proper shoes. I'm currently just doing everything shoe less (Squats and diddles shoe less as well.)
>>
>>39299502
Why did you lose so much weight? My guess as to why you are so weak is because you are starving yourself
>>
>>39299553
I have bad knees sorry
I can do maybe 2 days a week
>>
>>39299562
I want a flat stomach, but all I ended up getting was skinnyfat sag.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1470251261316.jpg (59KB, 660x529px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1470251261316.jpg
59KB, 660x529px
>>39299567
AHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
So I'm trying to get into doing "leg day" but that shit tires the fuck out of me, makes me super exhausted and I barely do any lifting. Meanwhile I can bench and row like no tomorrow. Any reason why?
>>
hi QTD, i'm only one month into a cut and i've lost a FUCKTON of strength. now, i know exactly how this happened, and it was my bad for making the mistakes that i did, but... what should i do now? ideally, i'd cut for another month or so, but part of me just wants to call it quits and bulk back up. i fear that i'll lose even more lean mass in the next month if i continue the cut.

what do you think?

also, if i do return to a bulk, how should i go about it so that i don't just pile on fat?
>>
>>39298644
I'm a high enough weight that I feel tired but a low enough weight that I'm able to complete my three sets per exercise. I do around 3-4 exercises per group, and it's just a three day brosplit. I lift Mon, Wed, Fri, run on Tues and Thurs, and rest on Saturday and Sunday. I was worried that maybe it was just that I'm eating a lot less, but overtraining? How shitty is my body.

>>39298758
I don't drink coffee regularly. And I usually walk after I lift to rest, then sauna for 10-15 minutes.
>>
>>39299680

the big leg lifts (squats and deads) are basically full-body workouts. they're fucking intense. that's how it's supposed to be... enjoy the ass whooping, boy.
>>
>>39299167
I'd suggest lat pulldowns as well if that's an option. It'll target those back muscles that are currently feeling 0%.
>>
Someone make a new one holy fuck
>>
>>39298853
If you're bulking, then weight gainer. If not, just regular protein powder. There's no shortcut. Just start lifting like you did before your break.
>>
>pectus excavatum
>able to feel my heartbeat in my chest and difficulty breathing after expending the slightest amount of physical effort
what do I do besides kill myself
I don't want to go through the painful recovery of corrective surgery for this shit
>>
>>39299928

consult doctor

also idk about this condition but if surgery is the only option wtf go for it
>>
>>39299907

Thanks - I think bulking from 160 to 180 or something is good for 6'1
>>
Do you ever get a slight pain in the back of your thigh (hamstrings) when you squat? It was my first day at the gym. Maybe used too much weight? I'm a weakling
>>
>>39297200
Make sure to consume fat. If you restrict it too much even by accident you will restrictyour optimal natural test production
>>
I'm bulking and haven't gained weight in a week or two. I'm going to my calories. Should I eat more every day or just training days?
>>
is it normal that when I fail a rep my muscles don't hurt or burn or anything, they just give up?
>>
File: product-creatine_x3.png (223KB, 550x491px) Image search: [Google]
product-creatine_x3.png
223KB, 550x491px
>Took pic related for the first time
It was cheap as shit at walmart, not even sure if it's decent quality
>Take one scoop (3g of actual creatine-monohydrate)
>Spent the rest of that day and the next shitting liquid like I had a stomach bug
I seriously went to the bathroom 7-8 times just to shit liquid. What is happening?
>>
is it possible to gain weight and lose fat while eating maintenance ?
>>
File: 1439694917823.jpg (245KB, 947x1205px) Image search: [Google]
1439694917823.jpg
245KB, 947x1205px
Why the fuck is my TDEE so high?

6'
180lbs
Work out 5 times a week.

I count calories every day, use a scale, and hit 3500 daily, minimum.

I've gained only 5 pounds in two months.
>>
How good are Oats for cum regeneration?
Im not kidding, im seriously asking this.
>>
If my forearms start burning when I do deadlifts and pullups/chinups, does that mean I'm making forearm gains, or is it just bad form?
>>
I've been doing starting strength for a month now. Things have been going fairly smoothly. But I've started getting stuck on my OHP. Is it best to back up 5lbs and get full sets in for a workout and then retry with 5lbs added. Or do I just keep on trying to get the full 5x3 at the weight I'm stuck at?

I'm currently eating something like a 800-1000 calorie surplus. I gain about 2 lbs a week. Is this good enough? Or do I have to eat more to take advantage of linear progression? Don't want to get too fat.
>>
>>39301325
You're eating way too much. Eat 500 calories over (however I think 300ish is more ideal).
>>
>>39301324
means they got tired before your back and upper arms and they need more endurance. practice hanging and doing straight arm scapula pull ups by pulling your shoulders down. the trick is to practice this stuff without going to failure - if you can do a minute max then you train y doing 30 secs so you avoid tissue fatigue
>>
>>39301330
Yeah I was thinking so. I was pretty skinny at 148 lbs at 6 feet though so a little extra fat for a month probably didn't hurt.
>>
>>39291898
just got back from southeast asia. one week shouldnt kill u but protein was hard to come by (in my experience) lots of noodles and rice. If I was u id take the week off and enjoy one of the best countries in the world (with maybe some push ups/pull ups) and come back and make your gains back the next week.
>>
Am I supposed to feel dizzy when cutting? Currently aiming at below 1500 kcal per day, been going for a few weeks and today I started feeling light headed a couple of hours after getting up
>>
If you're pretty fat but also pretty weak, is it more important to build muscle or lose weight first?
>>
AT times when I can't go to the gym, should I just do bodyweight exercises at home?
>>
Is smoking one cigarette a day going to impact my gains / general health much?
>>
File: the smuggest.gif (1MB, 269x321px) Image search: [Google]
the smuggest.gif
1MB, 269x321px
Brehs I'm trying to bulk at 2800 cals but my weight is staying at ~70kg.
This is already beyond the upper range of calories the sticky recommends. Should I just bulk harder and go to 3000?
>>
>>39301772
RIP stroke anon.
>>
File: zeus-&-kids_2288057.jpg (67KB, 626x469px) Image search: [Google]
zeus-&-kids_2288057.jpg
67KB, 626x469px
What can I do to help my rotator cuffs or shoulders? They hurt after I bench and overhead press and are making my progress slower.
>>
>>39303334
Try 2900 or you will be putting on too much fat.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.