[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

S L O W B U L K

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Q.jpg (44KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Q.jpg
44KB, 500x500px
Anyone here slow/clean bulking to minimize fat gain?

Goal lbs/week?
Calorie surplus?
Macros?
>>
>>39279188
OXY
>>
>>39279188

I cycle my macros and calories, so my goals are:

Rest day:
2500cal, 200g protein, 100g carbs, 140g fat
Workout day:
3700cal, 225g protein, 520g carbs, 75g fat

This works out to a 3200cal average when working out 4 days a week, which for a 6'7" guy is a slow bulk.

I don't really have a goal lbs/week - my goal is to consistently set PRs in the four major lifts every week.
>>
>>39279925
How long have you been doing this? Do you think macro cycling is effective for minimising fat or is it just some "optimisation" thing?
>>
>>39279188
Any anons able to report back on this? Does it really work? Not sure if I should continue with traditional bulk/cut cycles, or lean bulk for a while.
>>
>>39280065

About two months now.

People who are in a constant surplus every day on a bulk are using an archaic and outdated method of gaining muscle, it is simply a fantastic way to get fat while gaining muscle. What this will often lead to is a short bulk cycle of 6-8 weeks, followed by a 4 week or so cut to get rid of all the fat they gained.

People tend to think in such a linear fashion of days of the week when talking about nutrition and body-building. You've given your body everything it needs to grow for that work-out in the post workout window. Just because you've woken up the next day, your body hasn't suddenly reset. It's still processing and assimilating all of the materials you gave it the following day. You don't then need to go and provide it with an over-load of yet more materials on a day when you're not physically exerting yourself. You just need to give it time to repair itself using the materials you've already provided.
>>
>>39279925
Your body rebuilds muscle in up to 48 hours, so 'eating more on workout day and less the next' is simply retarded - esp when the difference is 1200 calories, so 'muh fuel for workout' excuse goes out the window.
>>
>>39279188
target gain is 2 kg/month
eating at 3200, around +500 surplus
macros are 0.25 protein, 0.15 fat, 0.6 carbs
>>
>>39279925

200+ grams of protons everrryday

enjoy ur liver giving up when ur 50yr old
>>
>>39280735

I'm still taking in enough protein every day so my body can still re-build muscle on rest days.

>>39280887

literally a meme. I weigh 210lbs and 1g/lb is commonly accepted as optimal protein intake.
>>
>>39279188
Currently trying to lean bulk on around 2800kcal a day. Macro ratio is 40/30/30, with 40 being carbs. Goal is 1,8kg a month.
>>
>>39280701
Do you honestly believe that having the same surplus in a week in diferent ways will affect how your body decides how much fat and how much muscle you gain in any relevant ways? Are you retarded or did you jusy decide thats how biology works? You go as far calling the other method as archaic, lol im not even comenting on that, but surely someone as enlightened as you has done plenty of research on the matter and can give us two or three trustworthy sources that support your claims?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.