[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Personal trainer worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: bob saget.jpg (44KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
bob saget.jpg
44KB, 650x488px
I'm a dyel that has never touched a barbell. Should I get a trainer for the first month so I know what the fuck I'm doing? Also so that I don't break my back because of shit form
>>
>>39278989
Depends.
Maybe only buy 1-3 training sessions and have him work with you on form.

If you have him train you he will probably give you a few mesocycles of babyweight, which is really pretty much counterproductive to anyone looking to lose weight, build muscle, or get stronger.
>>
>>39278989
dirty daddy BOB SAGET
>>
Read Starting Strength or the Stronglifts website pages on form and take some form videos of yourself.

The problem with getting trainers is that a) they will try to sell you on routines that use machines to justify the gym spending money on them, and b) there's no assurance that they use/can instruct with proper form themselves
>>
>>39278989
No. Unless you feel compelled to pay someone to spout broscience at you and try to get you to sign up to/buy superfluous shit while they watch you do a machine circuit
>>
You can either find a trainer that knows his shit and can lift well.

most of them are shit

but if you find a good one, then its worth your investment. Ask him to teach you as much as he can.
>>
>>39278989
if it's from your normal commercial gym? no

if you go to some powerlifting/ weightlifting club, yes
>>
I think you are more likely to succeed if you do your own research and discover things on your own as opposed to being told what to do by a personal trainer. That's me at least.
>>
>>39278989
I'm a trainer and for the most part we are just certified lifting bros. If you have a buddy that goes to the gym or you know how to watch a YouTube video; then no its not worth it. If you can find one that doesn't mind going above and beyond on the job then it will kind of be like paying to have a friend that will check on you and make sure you keep coming to the gym.

Tl;dr: if you're serious about making gains no don't waste your money, personal trainers are for fat people.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.