[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

split or 5x5 ....?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: babygodzilla.jpg (251KB, 1242x1241px) Image search: [Google]
babygodzilla.jpg
251KB, 1242x1241px
Hey /fit/, do you focus on one body part a day (ie. arms day) or do you use a workout program like madcow's 5x5?

I'm asking because EVERYONE I know focuses on one body part a day. I need to know... which is the optimal way to gain strength and muscle?
>>
SPOOKY BUMP
>>
If you're a beginner, a full body routine like 5x5 or similar is better.

Focussing one body part per workout is a bad use of time when you're a beginner because you will recover each muscle fully, several days before you work it again. So you will spend several days per week, per muscle, not growing or progressing. You don't need a lot of volume to make progress and grow as a beginner.

Body part splits make sense for more advanced lifters, because the volume required to cause growth and progress necessitates a longer recovery period.

The problem here comes from retards ("EVERYONE you know") thinking if they train like an advanced bodybuilder, they will grow like them. This isn't the case.

Really though, just do whatever you enjoy more. If you don't stick at your routine because you don't like it, then you won't succeed at all in the long run eh.
>>
>>39273327

Thanks man, that's what I was thinking. I started with 5x5 a while ago and started moving towards body part splits -- which I do enjoy.
>>
>>39273327

However, how do I tell that I'm "ready" to do body part splits? Ie. at what point do you consider yourself advanced?
>>
>>39273398

When you can't make gains with higher frequency.
>>
>>39273398
Basically if you are:
-eating enough
-getting enough sleep
-giving it your all at the gym

And you are still stalling on lifts even after deloading, then it's time to shift programs to something that will allow you adequate recovery time.

Texas method if you like the full body workout style, or ppl if you prefer bodypart isolation.
>>
Final word on what type of split to do:

Noobs: Do a basic full body workout for at least three months to master the basic lifts and build up some strength.

Those training for looks: After three months of a full boy workout, switch to an upper/lower or p/p/l.

Those training for strength: Stay on the beginner routine until you can no longer make gains, then switch to a strength routine like madcow or texas method.

Those who actually want to make gains and don't care about being laughed at by internet experts: Do a brosplit from the start and enjoy making better gains in strength and looks than all the spergs who will laugh at you online for your routine.
>>
>>39273268
just do PPL.
best of both worlds
>>
>>39273490
>>39273540
>>39273865

Thanks boys I appreciate this shit
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.