[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bad posture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: standing-posture.jpg (23KB, 433x306px) Image search: [Google]
standing-posture.jpg
23KB, 433x306px
How would I go about fixing my posture, /fit/? I was born with a sway back and I got a forward head from gaming for the past 10 years.
I should have asked this question a while ago but lately my shoulders and lower back are starting to fucking hurt, especially when I'm consciously correcting my sitting posture.

(I'm pic-related right side in case it isn't clear)
>>
swimming
>>
Stretching and then start with easy back/ab exercises.
>>
>>39272946
not memeing. deadlifts and squats will help a lot with your posture. just have someone teach you how to do them correctly and always make sure your form is perfect. over time (and combined with other back exercises) it will strengthen your spinal erectors and core which work together to pull your spine into place upright and keep it there with little effort.

another thing to be aware of regarding posture is that whenever you're just walking around make sure you're passively thinking about standing up as straight as possible. pull your shoulders back slightly and put just the slightest bit of tension in your abs. check your posture in the mirror at night and practice it and memorize the feeling of correct alignment. eventually this will become second nature and you'll be surprised how much more confident you feel just walking around. good posture is a sign of virility. people notice
>>
>>39272975
This is what everyone has been telling me, I hope it's easy to get into

>>39273008
>easy back/ab exercises.
Like what, more specifically? Planking and crunches?

>>39273029
Wouldn't deadlifting in this situation be.. dangerous?
Regarding the standing up as straight as possible mentality, this is what I'm trying to do starting today.
>>
Somewhat in relation to OP's question... but I'm in a situation where I have mild scoliosis and i have a lot more muscle mass on my back on the right side vs the left side... how do I fix this along with the posture thing? I've been lifting for a couple months now and it seems to be getting better but I want to know what else I can do for it.
>>
>>39273144
deadlifting is only dangerous if you're using poor form or too much weight or some combination of the two. that's why I was pretty clear in telling you to have someone teach you how to do it. my advice (and what I did) is have them watch you whenever you DL until you can consistently pull at least 1pl8 with perfect form. it's a little tricky at first, it took me a few weeks of deadlifting (once a week) to really get the muscle memory to pull properly.

I don't claim to be a PT or powerlifter or anything but I think a lot of guys neglect strengthening the lower back and don't DL for the reason you mentioned, they're scared of getting injured. just get a buddy who knows what he's doing to help you out with it. also learn how to grip the bar properly for it (just google deadlift grip) because you WILL get callouses
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.