[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So guys what changes would you make to the sticky?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (8KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
8KB, 1920x1080px
So guys what changes would you make to the sticky?
>>
>>39269983
What's a "sticky"?
>>
>>39269998
It's the post put at the start of /fit/, basically giving advice to newbies on how to achieve their goals.
>>
>More emphasis on attitude

It should go into detail about habit formation, why it sucks just starting out and emphasize that, as a matter of fact, once you've established a habit you enjoy doing it more and it's actually a pain in the ass not doing it.
>>
>>39270041
Very good point, it highlights the steps needed to actually achieve the results physically but not the mindset necessary for achieving it or sticking with it through the bad times.
>>
add in margus raggletots ending endurance. dont get me wrong, SS is still useful, but there needs to be an endgame
>>
>>39270204
Never heard of that, could you possibly post a link?
>>
>>39269983
Remove ICF from the wiki
We don't want to be associated with or give traffic to a lying, valor stealing POS, and the workout it basically SL 5x5 with some pointless accessory exercises added in so he can claim it's original
>>
>>39269983
Fix broken links, there are 2 at least.
Make sure info is up to date.
A section on 'threads not to start'.
Agree with the mindset emphasis and also fitness as a healthy lifestyle overall not just a diet and exercise guideline.
>>
More emphasis on cardio training. Most of what's there now is focused on a small niche of fitness training, but there's very little about improving VO2max, lactic threshold, or just fitness in general other than strength work. The sticky says to do cardio, but if you portioned your time out relative to how detailed the information is for lifting and cardio you'd end up looking great but not very fit.
>>
>>39270076
The first whole SECTION of liam rosens sticky is MINDSET you fucking pleb.

read it for once you cunt
>>
File: 1474549577285.jpg (61KB, 639x720px) Image search: [Google]
1474549577285.jpg
61KB, 639x720px
>>39269983
>a selection of bodyweight routines
>how to build a gym at home and safety measures
>non meme gym ettiquete
>insulin sensitivy explained beyond a single link
>the advice about ratios is waaaay too oversimplified
>Sailrabbit TDEE calculator instead of Scooby's
>PPL in "good intermediate routines"

also this
>>39270583
>>
>>39270606
It gives a very brief overview much less so than the rest of the other sections and it probably the most difficult thing for people.
>>
>>39270417
I agree with this man.
>>
>>39270417
Supporting this desu senpai.

Wanna keep it up to date and useful, but not too meme-worthy. Maybe go a little more into detail on what to do in a gym, so newbies aren't so timid towards people that literally could not give less of a fuck about them being there.
>>
some more info on running. I want to be able to run 1.5 miles in less than 10 minutes.
>>
>>39269983
more info about the creator of the sticky

I have read almost all of his books. really interesting and advanced stuff

But I don't understand why nobody talks about him here, and instead meme Rippletits and Pi;ata
>>
4chan is going to close, stop wasting your time in this shitwhole, just keep shitposting until the sweet death arrives.
>>
Q: Will lifting get me a gf

A: NO
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.