[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

unstable time between workouts program/app recommendation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1476768442852.jpg (31KB, 595x597px) Image search: [Google]
1476768442852.jpg
31KB, 595x597px
I have decided to get a gym membership soon but I have some problems regarding my time.
My ex is kinda unpredictable and so I cannot say for sure on which days of the week I have my son at my place. Obviously I cannot go to the gym when he is around and I don't have a babysitter. In general I have 3 free evenings per week so gym is quite possible. However sometimes there is no free day in between.

I think the stronglifts 5x5 program looks like the right thing for me but will I hinder myself badly if I workout on two days in a row?

If so can you recommend me a similar program with a good app? The thing is I am a total beginner and want something easy. Preferably with an app that tells me exactly what to do since my head is full 24/7 and I don't want to have to think in the gym, too.
>>
ditch the gains goblin or you're never gonna make it
>>
>>39269167
Gym with childcare. You'll be setting him a good example and you can still get in your workouts when you need to without having to try and second guess shit.
>>
>>39269167
recovery will become a problem eventually but that just means you might not advance as quickly, by all means give it a try, if you had 4 days every week then PHAT or PHUL could be your answer.
>>
Why not do a push/pull or upper/lower split? It's quite flexible in a way that you can lift 3 or 4 times a week. Not to mention you can lift two days back to back without rest if it comes down to it because you're splitting up the muscle group.
>>
Sorry didn't read the part about being a beginner. There's no app for upper / lower or push / pull split but you can just make your own with Fitnotes (one of the best workout tracker app for android).

Example of push pull

Push A
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Overhead press 4x8
Dips / some triceps exercise 4x8

Pull A
Chin up
Deadlift 4x8
Barbell rows 4x8
Dumbbell rows 4x8

Push B
Squat 4x8
Overhead press 3x5
Bench 4x8
Dips / triceps workout 4x8

Pull B
Deadlift 2x5
Barbell rows 3x5
Lat pull down 4x8
Curls 4x8

Cycle these 4 days. Don't think too much about how many times per week. Just go and lift. Another split you can do is upper / lower

Upper A
Bench 3x5
Barbell rows 3x5
Overhead press 4x8
Lat pull down 4x8

Lower A
Squat 3x5
Deadlift 4x8

Upper B
Overhead press 3x5
Chin up 3x5
Bench press 4x8
Barbell rows 4x8

Lower B
Deadlift 2x5
Squat 4x8

Again, just cycle through these 4 days when you lift. Pick one routine that you like and lift. Best of luck friendo
>>
>>39269205
Sadly Not available here

>>39269214
4 Days is Not possible

Guess i will Just try it Out and Hope for Quick muscle recovery
>>
>>39269167
The app "progression" is godsend if you take the time to input your own program into it.
>>
>>39270933
Did you not read the wall of text above your post
>>
>>39271142
On Mobile... No Just saw it now
>>
>>39270933
It is possible. You just do the next day the next time you get the chance. Pull yourself out of a weekly schedule mentality and just go when you can. A-B-C-D-repeat.

t.someone who actually read the post you quoted and said pretty much the same thing
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.