[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any /fit/ Anons get braces after 30?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

>had braces as a young teen
fast forward 15 years
>teeth shifted back a bit

>looking like I need braces again(my teeth look ok for now but they are shifting)

i asked about invisisline but my ortho really thinks it's an expensive unreliable waste of money, he even told me he's make money off me using a failing invisiline for 1-2 years than him locking me in braces 6mo-1year and fixing the issue for sue. if i cant trust a guy that says he could make more money off invisiline but doesnt rec it, who can I trust?

I'm currently a project manager for a Big Pharma Manufact/RnD plant.

I'm terrified of how the clients will view my braces and I even talked to the Director of Project Management (my boss) and while he thinks taking good care of one's body is fantastic he also was a bit worried about how clients(the life blood of our plant) would feel about working with a metal mouth.

god i hate teeth and i hate braces : (
>>
i currently have braces in my mid 20s

invisalign is decent for fixing slight crookedness and shit but if you need your bite corrected or some real heavy duty teeth moving, braces are far more reliable and effective

6 months to a year on braces is a fucking dream, i wish my treatment only needed that long. i'm currently at 2 years and will need a few more months.

and people do not fucking care how old you are with braces. they might be very slightly surprised the very first time you meet/talk because nobody expect to see that on an adult, but if you can get used to their eyes shifting to your mouth the first time you talk then that's going to be all you have to "overcome" because literally nobody will give a shit

if you don't have any huge presentations or anything planned in the next year, fucking go for it. even if something unexpectedly pops up WHO GIVES A FUCK

i wouldve came in my pants right then and there if my ortho told me i only needed 6 months to a year. youre extremely lucky, and i would jump on this as soon as possible if i were you.

oh and one final comment, i had an adminstrator in high school who was in her 40s/50s and looked great and dressed well and also had braces and still was charismatic and enthusiastic and smiled all the time and talked to everyone. i never heard one student say anything negative because... none of them gave a fuck. if someone older than you can wear braces working with thousands of teenagers, it'll be a fucking breeze for you

seriously, do it
>>
Wear your retainers faggot.
>>
>>39268717
>>39268910
>getting cucked this hard

braces are a cancerous american thing that has slowly spread to other first world countries

there's literally no reason for them other than the fact that american dentists invented the idea that they were necessary so that they could make more money

most countries don't even realize that people could think there's anything wrong with teeth that aren't perfectly straight
>>
File: FullSizeRender 44.jpg (52KB, 875x327px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender 44.jpg
52KB, 875x327px
How bad are my teeth guys? Do I need braces?
>>
>>39268717
Fuck you and this stupid fucking picture.
>>
>>39268717
I'm also thinking about getting braces for the first time at 29. The problem is is that my teeth are also pretty worn down. The orthodontist recommended I see a dentist to confirm whether it would be worth fixing the wear before I proceed with braces. My dentist advised me that I need crowns (totalling $18,500), not braces. Now I'm confused because my teeth are visibly crooked and the gap between my two front top and bottom teeth is about 2mm off. My dentist said that even gaps and misaligned teeth can be fixed with the crowns, but I'm not sure whether he's just trying to shake more shekels out of me.

Who the fuck do I talk to to find out what I really need? Who can I trust?
>>
>>39269327
how did your teeth get worn down? years of drinking soda or what?

you should definitely talk to another dentist though, maybe even more than another one.
>>
>>39269459
I drank a fair bit of soda when I was younger, but no more than the average child; my brother still has perfect teeth and he drank similar amounts. My orthodontist suggested that it may have resulted from chronic gastric reflux or acidic saliva. She does have a particular dentist to whom she sends her patients normally, so I might try him.

I'm thinking about just going for braces regardless, since its almost a third of the cost of crowns.
>>
>>39268916
This. Had braces 18-20 (I was doomed from the get go), 23 now, teeth are still as they were when I had them removed thanks to retainers. Just wear them regularly, I got to the point of wearing them once every other week and one time I put them in the night after I'd already worn them and they were just as tight as they were after not wearing them for two weeks, so I went back to every other day and they just slip on and off again now.
>>
>>39269043
your teeth look like they've already been done. But I am British, so I don't know how you want to take that. I know you Americans obsess the fuck out of Hollywood teeth but i think it'd be a complete waste with yours. Get them cleaned, polished, and whitened, they'd look great.
>>
>>39268994
>boo hoo
>everything sucks and I'm the only one smart enough to realize
Just go fuck yourself with a kitchen knife you raging faggot.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.