[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you do to warm up before lifting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: cultureof.jpg (57KB, 600x405px) Image search: [Google]
cultureof.jpg
57KB, 600x405px
we had been stretching, but the physical trainer said that too much stretching can be bad right before lifting. is it okay to just do stair stepper thing before lifting?
>>
>>39268227
I don't stretch at all. Sometimes I'll do 1000 meters on the row machine, but usually I just do whatever the exercise is with just the bar.

Ex. If I'm gonna squat, I'll do 10 squats with just the bar, and then I'll add weight in increments up to my working weight for the day. Just enough to get my body into the motion and warm the muscles a bit.

I always felt worse during my workout if i did static stretches before hand.
>>
I just do cardio to warm up.. roughly 10 mins on bike or treadmill
>>
>>39268227
>that trip
>>
Post boipucci if you are a real trap.

Stretch only after workouts.
>>
Do lighter work with the bar and bands
>>
>>39269962
excuse my autism but what is the point of stretching after workout when it's all over?
>>
>>39268227
I hang out in the locker room and let out all my farts before I set foot on the mats
>>
>>39268227
Before you work out you do mobile stretching. NOT static stretching, mobile stretching affects mobility and well make it so your muscles/tendons are warmed up so you can do you exercises properly. You do static stretching afterwards because your boipussymuscles have contracted together during heavy weight exercises and need to be relaxed/spread out so that you don't maintain stifness and blood can flow better through it.
(no-homo)
>>
>>39268227
I lift like 30% of my max for 10 reps
>>
File: 1458429008192.png (1MB, 1256x706px) Image search: [Google]
1458429008192.png
1MB, 1256x706px
THIS ADVICE CONFUSES ME

I recently went through PT after having surgery for dislocating shoulder (labrum tear)

During PT (and ever since) I've been doing a lot of rotator cuff/shoulder static stretches before working out. I was told that I will ALWAYS need to warm up like this otherwise risk getting a "cold shoulder"
Never gotten that bullshit but the couple times I've tried benching without my stretches I start with bar and after getting past a few increments I have to stop or deload because of a sharp tear-ish pain in my shoulder
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.