[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gym competition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1477800000680.jpg (148KB, 1080x1244px) Image search: [Google]
1477800000680.jpg
148KB, 1080x1244px
/Fit/,I need your help.my gym is holding a small competition in which I want to participate.The winner will be the one who does the most reps with 90% of his bodyweight. I weight 95 kg,and my 1RM is 173 kg paused.My concerns are all the bros with no legs(therefore no weight) who only train upper body,because I am not lean right now,and doing touch and go(I only do paused bench,the competition will be touch&go). What can I do to maximize my chance of winning this? I was thinking losing water weight(tips are welcomed) and maybe practicing a bit touch and go. What should I do brothers?
>>
>>39264721
>who does the most reps
took me a while to figure out which lift
>>
>>39264769
I forgot to state this earlier,the competition will be only
>bench press
Also I only have 4 days.
>>
any way of losing weight fast will fuck over your strength. if there's a day between weigh in and competition (which I doubt) you can starve yourself and go to the sauna.
If not you should not lose a significant amount of weight.

try benching with your legs more, that'll give you a big advantage.
>>
>>39264806
Take some preworkout or some shit, don't do chest or tris or shoulders until the competition wouldn't recommend losing waterweight, since you'll most likely feel like shit
Also, if you can bench damn near 4pl8, you should be able to bench ~86 kg all day
>>
>>39264721
Shouldn't the handicapped be in a sperate competition?

There is a reason the Olympics have divisions after all...
>>
>>39264984
I tried benching 85 today,easily got 20 reps and then I stopped.I was thinking of taking a pre as well.I only bench in the 1-7 reps range,I really have no idea how good my endurance is.
>>
>>39264721
who is this cum nun?
>>
>>39264721
do some myo reps to train

pick a weight you can hit 10-12 on, press until bar speed slows, rack for 20-30s, hit set of 3, pause 20-30 seconds. repeat sets of 3 until you hit a slow rep then finish. It'll end up looking something like 7-3-3-3-3-2 and done.
>>
>>39264721
To drop water weight without being weaker consume as little sodium as possible for the next few days leading up to the event. I wouldnt recomend doing anything else because it could make you weaker
>>
>>39265789
>>39265520
Pretty solid advice,I appreciate it.will cut out sodium as much as I can,and tommorow I'll try benching like you suggested(sounds like speed work)
>>
>>39265418

Olga Katysheva, AKA Olga Chocolate.

Literally took 10 seconds to google that shit.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.