[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whenever I do squats, the only area of my legs that actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: adductors-muscles.jpg (10KB, 209x300px) Image search: [Google]
adductors-muscles.jpg
10KB, 209x300px
Whenever I do squats, the only area of my legs that actually get sore the next few days are my inner thighs/adductors. Its pretty bad pain too so I figure I must be targeting them the way im squatting. The thing is I only squat with my feet slightly more than shoulder width and with my toes pointed slightly out so I dont know how im getting so much pain there the next day.

Help pls
>>
Are you sure it's not your hip flexors? I had problems with those before I started stretching. Also be sure to warmup properly even though it might sound boring.
>>
>>39248708
No its definitely the abductors, right next to my balls.
>>
>>39248723
Do you stretch?
>>
>>39248730
i dont spend much time stretching that area before lifting. I feel that my squats are primarily working there and not my entire quads and ass
>>
>>39248708
hip flexors feel like lower back pain. the iliopsoas are attached to the front of the spine.

>>39248583
maybe narrow up a bit?

if your adductors are hurting then the only logical explanation according to physics is that your knees are out too far.
>>
>>39248920
Well, psoas is. Iliacus aint, that's why its called iliacus.

And agree with this guy. if you're getting adductor soreness, you're having to work the adductors. So you're getting too much abduction as you squat. Check your form, reduce your weight a bit, do some adductor work maybe, and try again.
>>
>>39248583
Strengthen your adductors with the good girl machine progressive overload as usual, also you might still be squatting TOO wide so see if you can't bring in your stance a little and have it hurt less. I know this problem because I have some issues with my adductors too.
>>
same problem but only on right side

i have some fucked up things with my right leg, and sometimes after running i have pain in right hip
>>
>>39248953
sounds like ITB:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iliotibial_band_syndrome#Treatment

stretch more
>>
>>39248962
is this a joke
>>
>>39248962
i remember when iw as little shit i had ankle injury

and now, 10 years later i feel why i shouldnt ignore it back then

i think its because of my feet rotation during squats and not enough stretching

as in my right foot rotates outwards too much and left one is correct position so when i squat my left knee is above left feet but right knee is not above my right foot

i have to look it up

yesterday i was doing some heavy squats (for me, i just started lifting) and i did 2 sets of 85 kg, and first rep of 3rd set was hurting as all fuck

basically
i think fix will be stretching more and tinkering with my setup, and sticking to it. i tend to move too much after i derack bar.

the pain is not terrible but sometimes if i explosively "kick" air with my knee with right leg the sting near ballsack is almost paralysing for miliseconds
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.