[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BULK/CUT meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1463246450698.jpg (73KB, 663x657px) Image search: [Google]
1463246450698.jpg
73KB, 663x657px
I was wondering:
couldn't you eat just enough calories to sustain muscle repair and growth but not one more so that you don't store the excess in fat?

Talking about Intermediate and Expert lifters, of course a novice can build muscle and lose fat as we all know
>>
no

its almost impossible to know how much calories u need a day and eat at it, if you wanna stay anabolic and energized all day and lift as much as you can
>>
the bulk/cut cycle as is widely known is meant for roiding bodybuilders. Not optimal for natties. Similar to what you described is the way to go
>>
>>39239445
well you could approximate to a really close margin, making the fat gain minimal.
why gain so much excess useless fat?
I'm talking for people who are training also for aesthetics, I reaize that powerlifters need to be fatsos to move all that crazy weight
>>
>>39239640

Because that's not how the human body works. The surplus itself is anabolic. You don't want to go crazy on it because at some point you're going to have to lose the fat but muscle gain at maintenance is crazy slow. You'd be at it for years to match what you could gain with one well-executed bulk phase.
>>
>>39239405
>couldn't you eat just enough calories to sustain muscle repair and growth but not one more so that you don't store the excess in fat?
no
>>
>>39239664
>The surplus itself is anabolic
I'm interested, how is that?
>>
>>39239405
what you're talking about is a clean bulk, which most nattys should be doing anyway. whole different story for roiders though.
>>
>>39239640
>why gain so much excess useless fat?
dont
simple. just eat when hungry and need energy. thats how i do it
>>
>>39239405
A clean bulk is essentially that, but you will still gain some extra fat
However, If you know what youre doing you can still lose bodyfat, because your extra musclemass will outweigh your fat
>>
>>39239405
>couldn't you eat just enough calories to sustain muscle repair and growth but not one more so that you don't store the excess in fat?
no, because the body is more interested in storing energy than building muscle. it does not "first build muscle and then store the rest as fat". what we're talking about here called calorie partitioning, i.e. how much of the surplus is stored as fat and how much is stored as protein. the ratio between them is referred to the P-ratio and depends to a large degree on genetics, but also hormones, training and other stuff. the bottom line is that in a surplus you'll always put on fat and muscle at the same time.
>>
>>39239943
you said no you cant and then agreed. wut
if you're not that guy then why respond to begin with
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.