[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Lost about 70 pounds >Feeling really confident about myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1414881456049.jpg (72KB, 281x286px) Image search: [Google]
1414881456049.jpg
72KB, 281x286px
>Lost about 70 pounds
>Feeling really confident about myself
>New hair, new clothes, and practically a new body
>All from just cutting out junk and counting calories
>"Alright, now I want to get to that gym and really make myself feel good"
>"Yup, just gotta get to that gym"
>"Um, yeah...Gym..."

I'm so nervous, /fit/. I honestly just want to go tomorrow, get a membership, and start working out but I'm such an autist about it. Does anyone else have that feel? Anyone who got over that feel?
>>
I don't have that feel and I have never had that feel.

Think of this as your first step towards not being an autist.

Don't let me down.
>>
What is there to be nervous about? Everyone was new once. Stop making excuses and just go. Otherwise you never will.
>>
>>39234069
the people at the gym see new faces all the time, they aint gonna judge or anything.
>>
>>39234069
Just go
No one cares
Ask for help/spot/advice if you need it most gym goers are friendly within reason
>>
>>39234069
You'll stop giving a shit, nobody else does. I'm on here doing seated calve raises right now.
>>
Go in the middle of the night.
It's comfy as fuck to lift alone in the darkness while listening to dark ambient music.
>>
File: 1447459139642.gif (904KB, 500x532px) Image search: [Google]
1447459139642.gif
904KB, 500x532px
I guess I feel really lost starting off as well. I've read the sticky and read through the suggestions for starting but even then I feel very frightened to begin. Messing up form, using too much weight, looking like a general autist; but I know that if there is no beginning I'll never learn my limits or how to do things properly.

Out of the three suggestions given in the sticky for "Good beginner routines" which would you guys say is the simplest? Is it SS? Or would you advocate for something else even if it is more complex?
>>
>>39234200

Nice dubs. Look, no matter what you will look like an autist for the first two or three months as you won't know that much, but you just have to start going and not worry about what people might think. Off course, if someone more experienced wants to help you should listen to them.
>>
>>39234200
I would say buy the Starting Strength app and follow that program to start with. The app has form and everything you will need to know from day one. It tracks your lifts and tells you what to do on what day
When my brother started lifting I got him to do the SL 5x5 just because it has an app with similar stuff and I didn't realise SS had an app. It just makes it a lot easier to learn if you can pull out your phone and see the right information quickly and easily
>>
File: n-no_homo31.png (394KB, 734x548px)
n-no_homo31.png
394KB, 734x548px
>>39234069
>>39234200
You two anons are making want to rape the newbies at my gym
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.