[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shaolin Training

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: shaolin-monks.jpg (2MB, 1200x796px) Image search: [Google]
shaolin-monks.jpg
2MB, 1200x796px
Does anyone know the body training the shaolin monks use? Ive always been fascinated by them, their skill, and the way their bodies look. I currently live in Vietnam, and was thinking about making a sort of "pilgrimage" to the temple as a vacation. (I have studied and practiced kinesthetic weight training and Judo for about 6 years.) Ive looked online before, I guess I just wanted to see if anyone on this site has first-hand accounts or something.
>>
On /fit/ everyone is (borderline) autistic and their biggest achievement is probably reading through the sticky twice.

With that being said: You're probably not going to get any useful and/or reliable information on this topic.
>>
Bretty sure they don't let in outsiders
>>
>>39234058
I didnt ask if they let in outsiders, I asked a very specific question.
>>
>>39234093
shut the fuck up
>>
They do variations of the ancient texts left by (supposedly) Bodhidharma.
They have changed their routines a LOT in the last 100s of years, now they do mixed routines.
They also do meditation.
What exactly do you want to know?
>>
>>39233950
Calisthenics and smashing bricks over their noggins.
>>
>>39234058
Shaolin temple is literally a tourist trap now.

Shaolin kung fu has been nothing but performing arts since mao. WHether it was worthwhile at any point is fairly questionable
>>
>>39234756
WUT

>Be Shaolin
>beat off invading forces
>contributed to history of martial arts
>meditation powers
>>
>>39234756
Not if you study the jing wu sets
>>
>>39234783
>Be Shaolin
>beat off invading forces
No, they didnt.
>>
>>39233950

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMkz7lTGzQ8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sF4ru4WGFY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lj7UwGmF8U

Or just look up the training for your local special force unit/seals/sas etc.
>>
>>39235060
I don't give fuck what the name of the dance is, it's still a dance.
>>
>>39236246
Their "dance" is called a kata and its the same principle as training any martial art except they live and breathe it
>>
>>39233950
i heard u can learn how to fly and ki blast in these temples.
>>
>>39236324
Dances are a waste of time. I spent 14 years learning them in TKD. If you are not sparring with resistance and contact every training you are wasting time.

Please tell me more about the habits of malnourished, chink manlets who have literally zero credible proof of their martial prowess
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.