[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nervous system fatigue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1477157978160.jpg (50KB, 635x500px) Image search: [Google]
1477157978160.jpg
50KB, 635x500px
How do you guys prevent nervous system fatigue? To keep it short, I've been balancing working out 3 to 4 days a week (Texas Method training, research has told me that this routine is very tolling on the nervous system) with my senior year engineering classes as well as having a girlfriend who I fuck 3 to 5 days out of the week.

I think I burned myself out because for the last few days I've felt as if I was on the verge of fainting throughout the day. I skipped my workout on Tuesday and I am also thinking about skipping it today to allow myself more time to recover.

How do I keep myself from burning out? Should I meditate and do yoga? Should I stop drinking coffee?
>>
>>39230474
If you feel that happening, id recommended either having recovery days where you drop the weight and focus more on form and stretching or taking a week off completely from lifting.
>>
File: texas_method.png (14KB, 341x207px) Image search: [Google]
texas_method.png
14KB, 341x207px
>>39230498
My routine consists of a recovery day in the middle of the week. I'm taking this week off from lifting to recover.

I'm more interested in preventing this from happening again. Would a program focused more around hypertrophy than strength be less likely to fry my nervous system?
>>
>>39230474
Eat and sleep more. TM is an intermediate routine right? You shouldn't burn out from that unless you've done it for a while with no deloads.
Take a deload week and do like 30% less weight if you're desperate.
>>
File: 1468897795239-fit.png (669KB, 1043x1397px) Image search: [Google]
1468897795239-fit.png
669KB, 1043x1397px
Nervous system fatigue? Are you fucking retarded? More like tired, groggy, not used to working out. What the fuck is nervous system fatigue, seriously you fat fuck that's what you came up with?

On a serious note check blood sugar levels and drink water. Its that fucking simple.
>>
>>39230474
nigga im on a ppl twice a week with over 10 exercises per day i dont understand how you can fatigue on a frikkin fullbody routine, it sounds more like something stress-related
>>
>>39230474
>How do I keep myself from burning out?
Don't expose yourself to more mental and physical stress than you can handle. If uni + training + life in general becomes too stressfull you're going to experience stress symptoms. Learning how to relax and taking care of your body and mind could help you.

That said it doesn't really sound like you have a stress problem it just sounds like you had a rough day and overanalyse shit.
>>
Totally anecdotal but when I feel burnt out and I'm not making progress I don't deload, I take a full week off from the gym.

I always come back and break a plateau in lifts or my weight if I'm cutting. Try it out, just don't let a week break turn into anything longer.
>>
>>39230602
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_nervous_system_fatigue

Get a life outside of lifting and see how stress effects your progress.

>>39230826
I'll give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion
>>
>>39231009
You're not an elite level athlete you're just looking for an excuse to not lift. Whatever problem you're having isn't stemming from lifting 3 times per week on a semi-hard program.
>>
>>39230474
You REQUIRE the following:

o Adequate sleep
+ Adequate DOWN-TIME (different from sleep!)
o Adequate nutrition
+ Adequate macronutrients
+ Adequate micronutrients

If you're having to use stimulants all the time just to try to keep up and get everything done, then I'd suspect you're deficient in one or more of the above.

Try taking some n-acetyl-tyrosine daily. It's a non-essential amino precursor to dopamine and norepinephrine.
>>
>>39231082
Are you illiterate?

I'm not an athlete but I am doing a routine which is heavily based on nervous system output. It's not so much the routine alone that is causing fatigue, but rather the fact that I have to balance working out with about 12 combined hours a day of class, lab and homework. I did not experience a burnout during the summer when all I did was work a low stress job.
>>
>>39231122
>assuming all i do is lift
Dude you are making excuses. Defend yourself all you want. Your progress, not ours. I've overdosed on drugs and I don't even blame my nervous system if im tired.
>>
>>39231122
>It's not so much the routine alone that is causing fatigue, but rather the fact that I have to balance working out with about 12 combined hours a day of class, lab and homework.
Would've been good if you said that in the OP then, how the fuck am I supposed to know that you study 12 hours a day. Yes it sounds like you have enough shit on your plate right now. Taking a week off lifting isn't a long term solution if you're gonna go back to the same program afterwards, you need to either reduce total stress(less lifting) or adapt to it.
>>
>>39230474
>How do I keep myself from burning out?
By reducing what you're doing. How long have been 'balancing' this schedule?
You're gonna have to do at least 1 thing;
Lift less
Eat better/more
Sleep more
Fuck Less
Fewer classes

I reccomend fewer classes next term, watching your micros(guys get anemia too), and sleeping 8 hrs minimum.

How many classes/credits are you taking, if you're a senior you should know better, and know that 12 credits is 36 hours of homework/week
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.