[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (561KB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
561KB, 2576x1932px
til;dr will getting aesthetic alleviate any of my social anxiety and depression?

Hey /fit/. Long time lurker across a few boards, never really posted much and first time here on fit.
I'm 20, barely do any physical activity but have the metabolism to support it. Did gymnastics for 6 years in high school and have been doing extreme metal vocals for 5 years so a fair bit of core body exercises and light cardio. Started doing light workouts like 30 rep crunches, squats, push ups etc whatever I can at home with no monetary investment (borderline poverty, Ausfag) relatively occasionally, I.E anywhere from twice a day to once every 3 days. Diet is substandard but that's attributed also to finances.
Moving to Melbourne soon and getting a good job along with, so I'll have money to put into a gym membership/dietary changes/supplements/etc. is it worth?

Pic attached, me as of now. 56kg 5"9
>>
>56kg

EAT
>>
>>39224686
Borderline poverty man, applying for 2-10 jobs a week but only earning 13-17 hours at work@ $17.
>>
>>39224667

youre so pale!
and small!

be my bf please, ill take care of you and treat you like the princess you are x

Srsly though, lifting will give you confidence to some extent, which might help with anxiety, but its not a magic bullet. Some people find the routine and constant progression help with depression, but that isnr guaranteed. Still, if you havent got anything else on its worth a shot.

Lifting is cheap as shit, the only thing you really *need* is a gym membership. Supplements and aux equipment are optional extras, and the dietary changes will probably save you money if anything.
>>
>>39224705
be lucky ur in australia. in canada min wage is 11.40 which is even less in australian dollars.
>>
no. hate to say it but I've been lifting for about 5 months now and still am terrible in social situations and am just as depressed as ever. I think the only way to solve those problems is to have a major mental shift
>>
>>39224932
Oh you're such a darling, flattered x

Well routine and structure tends to help with depression in the past for me, and confidence doesn't g astray.

Thank you for the input!

Would PT sessions be worth the investment?

>>39225024
Rip, eh
>>
>>39225039
That's what I'm thinking is the likely outcome, but at least if I can get bitches on dick then I only have to cry when I'm alone
>>
>>39225193

Nope, dont get a PT. its not theyre fault, but they HAVE to give you bad advice to keep their job.

Lifting, especially as a beginner, is very simple. 3-5 exercises, 3 times a week. Thats all you need. But imagine how youd feel if youd paid some guy £20 for that information - youd feel cheated. As a result, all PT routines are pointlessly complicated and overwrought bullshit designed to make you feel like youre getting value for money.

Just read the sticky to get a routine, and follow it - its dead easy. You can learn form from the internet if youre careful enough. If you're really unconfident you might find it useful to hire a PT for ONE session strictly to show you good form, but thats about it.
>>
>>39225232
Good form is basically all I was thinking of. Thanks for the advice

Sticky time
>>
>>39224667
THANK YOU SKELETON
>>
>>39225297
You're welcome
>>
>>39224667
If what you really want is to "get bitches on dick" then figure out how to not be poor and make more money. Doesn't matter how your body looks at all if you got that cash, bitches will flock from all over.
>>
File: IMG_0656.jpg (2MB, 4584x2632px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0656.jpg
2MB, 4584x2632px
>>39224667
same height and was same weight when i was your age

at my "peak" when i was lifting hard and had a good routine (got up to 148lb in 5 months from 125) i did feel better, depression went away. then i got injured, lost gains/motivation and depression returned.

im at 133 trying to get back on gains train... just have to stick to it and EAT GOD DAMMIT
>>
>>39225942
I have plans for the monetary issue, but not for fitness, yet
>>
>>39224667
When you come to Melbs take out membership at Derrimut it's the cheapest and least meme gym imo
Also fuck me
>>
>>39224667
It will help your depression, exercising releases happy chemicals in your brain.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.