[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

running help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

ok so, this might be a dumb question, but...
When i go for a 'run' i'm walking sometimes a little more than actually 'sprinting' or jogging'.

Am I technically "running" right? Are you supposed to walk during runs, or is this just the natural process to becoming a good runner?
>>
please..?
>>
Nigga wtf does this even mean

Look up videos of people running 5ks

Lift your knees a little, one foot on the ground at a time. Don't heelstrike. Hit the ground with your toes first.
>>
>>39222919
dude idk i just felt like if you walk to much your not doing it right
>>
>>39222993
well yeah eventually you just want to be running. have a look at coach to 5k its walking and running with less of the former over time. glhf
>>
>>39222203
Do couch to 5k. No one can start off running a mile or even jogging a mile. Esp for bodybuilders who's daily sprint is trying to get to the bench first.
>>
Why does everyone sag to hit with toes first and not heel strike? I have run a 5k using heel strikes and haven't had an injury etc. What's the issue? Legit question
>>
>>39224922
I used to think that too, until I switched to forefoot strike and realized I actually did have a small amount of joint pain before. Now the only "discomfort" is calf soreness. I get zero joint pain no matter how long I run.
>>
>>39224992
Haven't noticed joint pain. But I do get soreness in the muscles on my outer lower legs. Not calves though.

I'll switch it up and see if it changes things any.
>>
>>39224922
You absorb impact better striking forefoot. Heelstrike the impact straight goes up your legs step after step
>>
>>39222203
3 steps per second
>>
File: 1473339540454.png (103KB, 220x221px) Image search: [Google]
1473339540454.png
103KB, 220x221px
>>39222203
>Are you supposed to walk during runs?
Fuck if i know.
All i know is that during my week 6 day 3, 22 minute run i took about 7 breaks(walking breaks) throughout the entire thing and the longest break was around 20-30 seconds(it was uphill).
By the end of those 22 minutes i had a little bit of strength left so i persevered.
All of a sudden i hear another lady tell me that i had run for 4km and i just said fuck it and ran 1km more and when the lady told me 5km distance i ran for another 300m to make up for the breaks i had taken.

That was the story of my first 5k.. Well sort of 5k. I want to do one were I run for the entire duration of it but this time it got too much on my feet.
My breathing was totally fine though. I could breathe just like I would when I was walking, was very cool.

And yes, this post is just me being chuffed I managed to shuffle along for 5km.
>>
File: sexy.jpg (245KB, 947x1205px) Image search: [Google]
sexy.jpg
245KB, 947x1205px
thanks for the help familia
>>
>>39226346
Fuck yes breh. This is a perfect post to start a running thread btw. You should aim for a more regular interval next time but you have the spirit. You are going to make it, no doubts about it.
>>
>>39224922
However it's hard to run like that if you aren't running at least a little fast
>>
>>39226381
Who dis
>>
>>39226666
Not sure if I can link NSFW, but go to indexxx, and search Erene. yw
>>
>>39222203
Bodies and legs are 3 dimensional, even if you feel a breeze, it's likely that the curve of your legs is covering things up from view from above if you have any thigh muscles.
>>
>>39222203
If I walk during a run, the run is over. Running to me is all about momentum. The moment I start walking is the moment I end my run.

Once I was able to jog for 20 minutes straight, I never incorporated walks into my runs.
>>
If im trying to strike midfoot, should my foot be hitting the ground flat, or slanted?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.