[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of safety razors, brushes and shaving creams should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (40KB, 371x280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 371x280px
What kind of safety razors, brushes and shaving creams should I buy in order to help prevent razor burns and shit?

No use lifting if I have a fucked up razor burned shit face
>>
Grow a beard like a real man
>>
Stop shaving and buy an adjustable trimmer.
>>
>>39221781
>>39221791
What are some good and cheap brands of flannel?
>>
>>39221806
No idea, what are some good cheap brands of skinny jeans?
>>
>>39221781
Real man here... I love the modern movement of real men, I often discuss how demasculanized the modern man has become while I sip my artisan gluten free non gmo molecularized free range coffee beans tofu extracted lattes.
>>
>>39221791
This. Andis makes some nice clippers, with guides you can get anywhere from 5oclock to 2 or 4day length. Keeps it tidy without having to use a razor on yr skin.
>>
>>39221762

shave WITH the direction of the grain. Otherwise the sharp tips of your hair are pointing into the skin.

You should wipe some alcohol on your skin.

It won't make the ingrowns go away, but it will burn as much as it would have felt if I was there to slap you in person for being such a dumbass.
>>
Laser the hair away.
Fuck body hair.
>>
>>39221762
I shave with a 19 dollar safety razer and soap.

What the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>39221762
I shave with a cheap chinese single blade razor and some regular shaving cream I bought off of Amazon. I have a mirror in the shower I use after wiping my face with hot water and soap to prep the skin. Follow the direction that the hair is growing in when shaving so I'm shaving toward my feet on my cheeks, and shaving up towards my face on my neck. Been doing this for about a year and never really had any issues with razor burns in that whole time.
>>
File: Blade_Angle_2_Nick_Stevens.jpg (265KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Blade_Angle_2_Nick_Stevens.jpg
265KB, 500x500px
None, just learn2angle, and make sure your blade isn't dull.

Brushes, creams, other lather-related stuff is to keep the skin from drying and to loosen up the facial hair.

Nicks, razor burn, and any other irritation is all your doing.
>>
I'm iranian, not very hairy but here's what I did before I went full beardbro

Warm water on face for 30-60sec
Lather shaving cream, lathering in every direction, especially upwards (against the grain)
I'd start with my right cheek and make my way around right to left (mirror left to right)
Be sure to clean out your blade after every stroke, get the hair out of it. Also, short, smooth, slow strokes. It's not a race. This is your face

Then... LATHER AGAIN! (lightly)
Now shave perpendicular to the grain, so not with or against it, but along it.

Then... with some foam or lather on your hands feel around your chin or other difficult areas and see if it still feels prickly. Lather there lightly and go against the grain, slowly.

That's it man
>>
>>39221762
use and electric trimmer with no guard. not as close as a razor, but you will not get any burn or bumps.
>>
>>39221762
shave with the hair not against it...
>>
>>39221806
Uniqlo Patagonia and carhartt is good for flannels
>>39221871
Pacsun, APC, Levi's for the skinnys
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (29KB, 618x299px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
29KB, 618x299px
>>39221762
My face is pretty sensitive to irritation from razors. This helps a lot, you can get it at Target for pretty cheap.
>>
>>39221762
Stop using razors and trim your beard. Your face will look skinnier with a trimmed beard.
>>
File: yukari.jpg (71KB, 689x1020px) Image search: [Google]
yukari.jpg
71KB, 689x1020px
>>39221762
Best way to describe shaving is "you're looking for beard reduction, not beard removal"

First make sure you have a sharp safety razor, and get the angle right. If it's too tough for you then get a multi blade razor you can find cheaper offers for new blades for either online. Second you don't need to cream, something like this >>39223121 is better over time if you have sensitive skin. it's best to shave after you shower so that your beard is soft, if you don't have time then use a warm wet towel to soften the hairs. don't press down on your skin let the razor do the work and just glide it across the hair, going WITH the grain. Do not shave against the grain if you have sensitive skin, but if you absolutely need a closer shave then go across the grain.

I hate itchy beards, it's a meme anyway. And mustaches are gay
>>
>>39221762
All the advice given here may be considered useful, but STOP shaving until this goes away completely. If it doesn't then visit a dermatologist. If it does -- try steaming your face before shaving (but carefully and not burning it). Just boil some water and face it, but not for too long. Hot shower might be not the best idea since hot water is bad for skin.
>>
>>39221962
>those gigantic obnoxious holes.

Why do people do that shit
>>
>>39221762
>Use a sharp razor, and always disinfect razor after use
>shave after a hot shower, or try to steam your face with a towel before
>after you shaved and before using cologne/cream rinse with cold water, even iced water
>cologne will always sterilise skin better but might dry it up (alcohol) so you might want to use cream after anyway
>>
>>39224166
faggy degeneracy of the worst kind
>>
anyone have a suggestion for trimming around my junk?
never done it before and it needs to happen, dont know if i want to go full shaved
>>
>>39224216
use shaving cream, it takes longer, but no cuts, and effects are better and last longer.

Just get one for man, its stronger

trim with trimmer, and use cream on the rest
>>
>>39224216
Shave in the shower.
>>
>>39222677
kesafat
>>
File: 100_0310.jpg (72KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
100_0310.jpg
72KB, 700x525px
>>39221762
Gillete Superspeed from Ebay, 15 dollars
Omega Brush from Amazon 12 dollars
Proraso Shaving Soap in a Bowl from Amazon 10 dollars
Gillete 7'Oclock razors from Amazon 10 dollars

this will have you set for a year, and have best shaves, the handle will last you a lifetime, they already have as most of them were made from the 50's to the 80's and are still in use enough to sell. Plated Brass.
>>
>>39221762
>tfw too dry skin to grow a beard
At least I don't have any problems shaving. Holy shit that looks itchy.
>>
>>39221762
Fresh razor, use good shaving cream, and a good after shave to moisturize. Shave in the shower.

Use cream that is for sensitive skin.
>>
File: 2013-10-07 16.55.04.jpg (36KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
2013-10-07 16.55.04.jpg
36KB, 800x450px
>>39221762
Get one of the cheap RazoRock synthetic brushes, or a Semogue boar brush. RazoRock shaving soaps are always cheap and quality, too. Barrister & Mann is another reliable brand that costs a little more. You can get a cheap vintage Gillette NEW from eBay. They are very reliable. You may also want to try a slant razor if you have sensitive skin and get razor burn. Astra, Feather, and Kai blades are brands I use that never give an inconsistent shave for me. Shave after a shower and get Coconut Oil and Glycerin to use for pre-shave or post-shave, too. In the end, technique is everything and you should make sure you have the correct angle. Mapping out your beard growth (especially under the jaw and on the neck) is also very important.
>>
>>39221762
Shave after you shower and wash thoroughly.

Seriously OP wtf are you doing? I use the BIC 5 blade 4 pack that I pick up for like 6 bucks every few months and never seen anything as bad as that.
>>
>>39224216
See >>39224475

I do
1. Trim before to get long hairs down to manageable length
2. Wash that shit thoroughly with some good soap(make sure the water is warm)
3. Trim while having water run over the areas
4. Take showers as quickly as possible after workouts and in the morning

Personally I just keep it trimmed, never got a complaint.
>>
>>39221762
I wanna squeeze all this so bad.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.