[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

martiel art + fitness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: go-to-the-gym_o_1202468.jpg (107KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
go-to-the-gym_o_1202468.jpg
107KB, 960x720px
hey /fit/ Currently i have started kudo lessons bcz i want to learn how to fight and to be able to protect my and get confidence on the street. But the problem is that i cant combine it with gym. We train every day except Thusday, Friday and Sunday and the sensei tell us that fitness life is retarded and getting pumped in the gym makes your makes stiff and i need to stretch and stop going to the gym. i dont want to loose my gain i think he is retarded for not wanting nice physice but i also want to learn that sport. Also the fucking training is not affecting me. it just tires me a little bit just like the normal cardio. Am i going to loose all my gain? please advices
>>
>>39217874
Fuck off newfag
>>
>>39217874
Keep going to the gym and don't tell your coach, he doesn't need to know.

You could use the training as cardio and skip it when going to the gym, that's what I do.
>>
>>39217874
if you stretch properly you will not end up being stiff. bonus strength only has pluses. i suggest training for strength rather than hypertrophy as you don't want added muscle mass for little-to-no strength gain as it will only weigh you down.
>>
Compound exercises only.

He is right in that it makes you stiff.
The other problem is that certain muscle groups tire out and a kinetic chain is only as powerful as it's weakest link. I. E. If you do triceps and chest, no matter how much power you put out through your legs and core your form still suffers.

Just do compound exercises.

Also judo is fucking gay. Do a striking sport
>>
>>39218836
i will try doing some compound exercises i will also change the machines with dumbells and etc
also its kudo not judo and its striking sport
>>
File: tmp_9237-1476981769754654372412.png (334KB, 538x564px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_9237-1476981769754654372412.png
334KB, 538x564px
This pasta is like 6 years old come on guys what the fuck
>>
>>39217874
My systema coach told me the same thing. "You're physique is almost too much, no more need to lift. It will only hinder you at this point."

I guess there's something to it, but then again, you are not going for Olympic gold. Your trainer has different expectations for his pupils than you do.
Keep lifting und shut up about it during judo. Do stretch though
>>
>>39219112
its kudo ;@@@
>>
for judo you only need to do a few good lifts to really increase your game
front squats, deadlifts, rows, weighted pullups, weighted dips
also heavy kettlebell hiit swings will help your endurance greatly
keep lifting, fuck yo coach, judo athletes all train strength outside of their dojos
and yes I know you keep saying it's kudo, but what the fuck is that, some discount mobile phone company? quit your kudo and do judo
>>
>>39220017
https://youtu.be/bVOw7KvS1MI
i have trained judo and i can say it is for the faggots
and i will start SS like programe. not exactly the same but still is full compound exercise
>>
>>39220091
damn this shit looks very violent
I'd be worried about sustaining injuries that prevent me from training
even judo is too tough for me
I just do yoga, gymnastic rings, jogging and lots of sex for a nice physique and enjoyable life
>>
>>39220118
thats why i like. i literally want to become human machine. i will try to prevent any injuries and i know i wont be professional. Judo can cause your brain shaking and etc and its not very good. but if you want to be real man get some real man sport
>>
>>39220964
the greatest men in history did not prove their worth through hand to hand combat
but through influencing the masses
>>
>>39217874
You've been mcdojo'd friend.
Any judo sensei that doesn't encourage strength training is a dumbass.
>>
>>39217874
Don't you know that cardio kills gains?
>>
>>39218836
>striker fag buttmad he gets dominated by big strong grapplers
>>
>>39218830
I am 5'9 and about 125-130 lbs.. Not on the skinnyfat side either. What is the maximum amount of muscle i can gain before it starts become a detriment? I'm thinking 30-35 pounds?
>>
>>39218836
Getting thrown by a judoka on concrete is way more dangerous than getting kicked in the head by someone who does muaythai
>>
>>39224851
I just think it's fucking gay as shit to be grappling another man around in a non sexual way. If you were gay and wanted to fuck him after dominating him it's fair enough, but for a straight guy its weird as fuck. Plus why would I waste my time humping a guy when I can punch him? If it was a street situation and I was on the ground d what's stopping me from jamming my fingers into his eyes or ripping his nose open via his nostrils?

The only times I've enjoyed grappling was with my ex gf, and that was only cos we fuck afterwards and it was kind of like foreplay
>>
>>39224879
>implying in a wide open street situation I'd be dumb enough to let them get within grappling range.

You see those mma take downs? They always happen near the edge of the cage because the other guy has nowhere to back up.

Also nobody does high kicks irl, sure you see videos out there, but it's risky as fuck. It's also why tkd fags suck irl
>>
>>39217874
Hey, new fag in boxing here.

What are some good workouts that can help with boxing in between training sessions?

I'm planning to keep doing full body weight exercises and run two times a week.
>>
>>39224974
It is pretty gay, but it's a sacrifice you gotta make in order to learn some crucial fighting techniques.

That boxing will go to waste if you end up in a clinch or on the ground.
>>
>>39217874
Fight strength is different to lift strength. A lot of martial arts require a great cardio routine along with tricep strength. Basically anything that can protect you from hits and strengthen the force of your techniques.
>>
>>39219060
Florida.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.