[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lots of people here did intermittent fasting, but has anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Lots of people here did intermittent fasting, but has anyone fasted for a prolonged time? What was the longest you went without food?
>>
>>39216383
about 72 hours. it sucked.
>>
>>39216383
Mormon-bro here. We do a 24 hour food and water fast once a month.

As an act of devotion I've once done one for 48 hours, food and water. After 36-38 hours I kind of stopped feeling hungry and thirsty. As long as I kept the top of my tongue wet I was okay. It was surreal.

Don't recommend it.
>>
>>39216383
Did it for awhile but it wasn't for a long period of time. Just ate at certain times and after awhile I stopped feeling hungry.
>>
>>39216383
3 days

Diarrhea the moment I started eating again.
>>
>>39216383
10 days. After the third day, it's easy.
>>
>>39216486
Should I go Jackson Hole next year?
>>
>>39216486
>Mormon-bro
>not mormonfag

Stop pretending to be wholesome. You're on 4chan. You're going to hell just like the rest of us.
>>
>>39216486
>24 hours without water

Sounds shitty. Also mormons are no one's bro.
>>
>>39216383
I was super depressed and didn't eat or drink for an entire weekend. Then I went on a binge to fill the void
>>
>>39216383
My longest fast was about 40 - 50 hour-ish,

Wouldn't recommend to do, but after 30 hours or so, you stop feeling hungry and craving food.

I did this a few times a month because I have bulimia and instead of puking I just fasted.

Now I am in recovery and manage to fast one day a week (24 hours), and I am pretty happy with this. I just keep the fasts as a safety rail for when I binge again, have a party or whatever.

Fasting did help me to minimize gaining fat while binge-eating 3 times a week, however, I did gain some weight and fat.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1956x2225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1956x2225px
Went 5 days without food once in a misuided attempt to cut fat. By the end of the fifth day, my hands and fingers felt like they were constantly vibrating and I would get strange heart palpitations -- like my heart was skipping a beat or two and it would hitch my breath up into the back of my throat until it started beating normally again.

I felt immaculate. Everything seemed so clear: my vision, the ordering of my thoughts, the reasons for things. It was like a different way of understanding. Things that used to irritate me now gave me peace because I only had enough energy to smile and observe.

Then I had a bite of potato and some vegetable broth. I felt life returning to my core, a nourishing warmth that slowly, slowly spread until the sharp double-image of my body disappeared. Ended up binging the day after, but for a brief moment I weighed only 105 lbs.

Anorexia's no joke, folks ;^)

>>39216681
Was that an intentional fast? How did you end up breaking it?
>>
>>39217418
Then it's not bulimia, it's anorexia you fucking dolt.
>>
>>39216383
~60 hours. Felt a natural high from 24 hours onward, but started to feel seriously weak/dizzy/shaky at the end so I ended it, even though I wasn't actually hungry at that point.
>>
5 days. My cat died the first week I was at college and I had absolutely no friends. I didn't even think about not eating I just had no desire to
>>
>>39217891
Yes, it fucking is? I fasted because I used to binge eat 3x a week.
>>
File: 1452426456763.jpg (37KB, 488x286px) Image search: [Google]
1452426456763.jpg
37KB, 488x286px
>>39217925
Imagine being this much of a fucking pussy.
>>
>>39217136
when i was in highschool the only guys who really wanted to date me were mormons, was this mormon trickery?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.