[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Injuries Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: sternum-injury-attorney.png (131KB, 346x345px) Image search: [Google]
sternum-injury-attorney.png
131KB, 346x345px
Anybody injured right now and care to share?

I hurt my chest somehow doing bodyweight dips.

>3 months ago
>in gym making stacies wet
>doing like 20 rep sets of dips
>was on my 4th set
>wereallgonnamakeit.gif
>all of a sudden arms get tired
>give out on descent
>hear a large CRACK
>pic related
>right side of middle sternum has a sharp pain
>go home and don't lift for 7 weeks

I went to the doctor and they said I'd be okay, I could start working out as long as it didn't focus on the chest. I skipped bench for a few weeks, and tried to do just the bar after 10 weeks to see how it felt.

At 15 weeks, I still have a dull pain in the middle of my chest on the right side near the sternum. Does anybody have experience with this? It's hard to sleep on my right side and is painful to contract my pecs.
>>
File: 1476903940731.jpg (191KB, 653x477px) Image search: [Google]
1476903940731.jpg
191KB, 653x477px
Your days of fitness are done pal. Drop your gym membership and go ahead and join planet fitness maybe you'll be able to do a few machines or work your biceps some. Tough luck, maybe next time don't use improper form- oh wait there won't be a next time because you fucked up top kek maybe if you believe in reincarnation or some shit haha your done faggot.
>>
>getting back into running
>shin splints
>won't recover because i do leg next next day of cardio
>leg press aggravates almost-healed shins
>kill me, ill probably have to deal with this for a month
>>
>>39214384

I'm sorry to hear about that. I have had a similar but much less severe experience. The first time I ever tried to do dips, I felt a stabbing pain in that exact same spot, the right side of the sternum. Next time I did dips, same thing. I decided dips weren't for me and never did them again. I figure it's some kind of structural flaw which causes this pain.
>>
Injured lower back deadlifting. Luckily, back injuries usually fix themselves overnight and don't develop into chronic ailments as you age.
>>
Hurt my shoulder on flat bb bench like a moron. Lifting weight off the rack, shoulders weren't back and pop. Kept my right shoulder in a sling for three weeks. Feels good now. Except I got my wisdom teeth pulled on Friday so I need more downtime. I'm dying to get back in
>>
I have chronic tendinitis in both knees. It's pretty fucking terrible. I had to drop running entirely except as warm ups for my training. Still do stadiums every other week though but go easy, never bothered 'em
>>
>>39214435
I'd been doing them for ~6 months on a new routine and never had that problem, did you get
injured from dips?
>>
Similar story except was doing bench press, sternum hurts when looking down and my posture was fked, Stopped hurting in 5 days but am afraid to bench.
>>
Left elbow has been hurting for about a year as the result of a nasty armbar, and my right elbow has just recently begun to hurt because of another armbar. Also, I forgot to put an ice pack on one of my ankles after training so my right ankle also doesn't have full ROM. Roll safe kids.
>>
>>39214460
Do your knees crack at all?
>>
lesser injury dipping last week as well. dull pain on right of sternum if I put compressive stress on the chest in the right way. thankfully it hasn't affected my bench or ohp, no pain during them. gonna lay off the dips for a while and do something else, hopefully it goes away. the pain is in one place too, I can feel it's at an insertion point where the pec connects to the sternum.
>>
I pushed myself too hard on Monday and now I have muscle strain in my arms, shoulders and back.

It physically hurts when I extend my arms and I have to stretch my muscles before I perform an action because the pain is so bad.

What to do?
>>
>>39214652
No joke, hit the gym tomorrow with light weight.
It'll get blood flowing to the areas and lessen the pain, just don't overdo it and tear something.

Also might wanna shoot up some creatine
>>
>>39214538
Not that dude but mine do, doctor said it was just air releasing and was fine (but didn't give it a very thorough checkup)
>>
>>39214707
M8 the pain is so bad that I went to pick up my laptop, without stretching first, and I screamed out of reflex.

I didn't work legs yesterday and I'm avoiding my core routine today. Should I do a leg or ab routine or a soft upper body?
>>
>>39214384
OP swallowed a dick
>>
>>39214384
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tietze_syndrome

I got this from doing dips. Check where you ribs connect to your sternum, if there is swelling, it's Tietzes. If not, it could be costochondritis (very similar condition)
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.