[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are prepped meal plans a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: new vision.jpg (47KB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
new vision.jpg
47KB, 426x426px
Are prepped meal plans a meme?
>>
Just another fitness fad used to fleece money off impressionable and ultimately lazy wannabes
>>
You are less likely to eat junk if you have some quick prepped food in the fridge already but buying a plan just saying what team seems like a scheme
>>
>>39213933
Like the other anons said: if you need to buy prepped meals to not eat garbage then they work. The truth is that it isn't hard and it takes little time compared to training to do your own meal planning.

Plus you can then branch out into cooking your meals to taste the way you want and can also cook for grills, also girls like cooking.
>>
>>39213933
if you have the money but dont have the time, why not?
>>
>>39213933
They're mostly targeted at normies trying to lose weight, and I've seen people have success using them. I looked into it and couldn't find anything with more than 1900 kcals per day, which isn't sufficient for a serious athlete/lifter, although I guess once you add a snack or two it could be enough.

I like the idea but economics don't work out for me. For a single person who has to do all their own meal prep it is very time consuming cooking one or more meals every day, but on the other hand there aren't a huge number of meals that lend themselves to freezing/reheating and it's easy to get sick of a meal when you eat it six days in a row.

I can understand why people go for them, if you're working full-time you may not want to take an hour out of the precious few you have after work to cook a meal when you can just reheat something in a few minutes.
>>
What's under five ingredients. Hits roughly all the macros and will make 2000 calories a day for under ten dollars a day.

I was thinking rice, beef soy sauce and egg. Because i can eat the same thing daily but cannot be assed to cook more than once a week.
>>
>>39213933
>Are prepped meal plans a meme?

It's incredibly overpriced food you could prepare if you weren't lazy as fuck. So in that sense yes it is a meme.
>>
>>39213933
Not if you are on s cut, don't mind spending, they are personalized enough for your goals and you choose one with tasty meals.

Much cheaper to do prep at home though, and easier to change and customize. It doesn't take that long once you learn how.
>>
>>39214526
Pizza
>>
File: 20161023_172247.jpg (3MB, 2690x4781px) Image search: [Google]
20161023_172247.jpg
3MB, 2690x4781px
>>39213933
Let me save you some money OP. The meal plan I'll provide is what I have been doing to lose weight. My meals are simple, one protein, one veggie side, and one carb/starch. I prep 6 meals on Sundays and Wednesdays. These are my lunches and dinners. With that being said lets start with breakfast. I workout in the morning so I just have a breakfast smoothie. I blend 1 cup (85g) of spinach,6-8oz of fruit, 50g of whey protein, 50g of oats, 8oz of almond milk. Depending on the fruit I sometimes add sweetener.

For lunch and dinner prep, I buy the following items and I usually go to Aldis. My protein comes from a bag of frozen chicken tenderloins and swai fillets. Next up I get 2 lbs of veggies, fresh or frozen is fine, I try to have 4 to 6 oz per meal. The next part all depends on your own body and what keeps you full longer. For myself I stay full longer on sweet potatoes and brown rice, so I include those. 1 cup of cooked rice or 6 to 8 oz of potatoes per meal. Get some cheap containers, I got mine at Walmart 6 pack for 5 bucks. Way cheaper then "meal prep containers" on amazon or fitness sites.

Pic related: This is how you should lay out the veggies and carb/starch "base". On top of the rice or potatoes you would place your protein
>>
File: IMG_0326.jpg (30KB, 466x359px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0326.jpg
30KB, 466x359px
>>39213933
Yes
It's literal autism
>>
File: Aromatics_Screen_Draft2-01.png (243KB, 1200x928px) Image search: [Google]
Aromatics_Screen_Draft2-01.png
243KB, 1200x928px
>>39214526
I use pic related to create diffrent varrieties of a few basic dishes (meat,veggie,rice or potatos)
>>
>eating food which has been sitting in the fridge for 4, 5 days

Do you even cook anon? Just make some fresh meals every day, tastes lost more better and improves your cooking skills instead of eating rice/chicken/broccoli the whole week.
>>
>>39215289
RCB is for efficiency. Don't wanna spend life jn kitchen
>>
I mean, they're not the worst thing in the world, but they're extremely expensive and once you stop buying them you're unlikely to maintain any results because you don't know how to meal prep yourself so you'll go back to eating junk.
>>
>>39213933
Just mealprep yourself. Otherwise yes.
>>
>>39213933
Yeah... You should really just learn to do it yourself. I mean, I get that they're appealing to a market. People are paying to spend less time and energy on their diet, but I don't see why you can't just spend an afternoon studying up on macros, some basic nutrition concepts, and build a shopping list for your own plans from the dozens of sites that offer this info for free.
>>
>>39213933
Self-prepping saves time because you can do it all at once. It also means when you're hungry you can just grab the food and microwave it instead of having to prepare anything, which will make it easier to stick to a diet. One of the reasons people cheat is they get home from work and are too tired to put any effort into cooking, or they're running late for work in the morning and can't prep anything so they just buy lunch from some crap restaurant.

Meal plans are expensive, but, I know a lot of people who work long hours and make a lot of money in exchange. If you work 60+ hours a week and make bank, then buying $7/meal or whatever it costs isn't bad. I just do Lean Cuisine type meals when I don't have time to prep, if you go through the different brands and find the handful of healthiest ones they aren't bad although they are still higher in calories + sodium than when I self-prep
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.