[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/bros, first time posting on this thread. I am a regular

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 001.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Hey /fit/bros, first time posting on this thread. I am a regular /pol/lac/k/, but I hear that you goy really know what you're talking about. I'm a 29 yo huwhyte male, correctional officer, in Georgia. I have to fight felons who use extensive calisthenics everyday fairly often (once every 1-2 months), so far, I'm doing ok. I was on CERT, but I quit because holy fuck it's not worth working 70+hours for practically no more pay.
My general question is this; What can I be doing better?
I work out often(5-7 times a week), but not very hard. I typically do a rotation of Push, Pull, Legs. I have a few sets I try and do perfect form with and alternate heavy/high reps;
Bench
Squat
Deadlift
Overhead
Row
I have other 'accessory' sets I go ham on and do as much weight as I can, fucking the form;
Curls
Pec Deck
Lat Pull-downs
Leg Curls/Extensions
Nose-breakers
Various bitch machine sets
So, my General question is; What can I do better?
I'm 6'2", 295 lbs
My main question is: I've worked out steadily now for about a year and a half, and I'm not seeing any improvement, besides max increases. This is great and all, but I want to lose fat, I've tried the cutting formula for a month at a time, to no avail. I'm thinking it must be testosterone. Is there anyway to make more of it naturally? Sorry if this is a /trash/ post, but I figure I'd give it a shot.
>>
What, exactly, is "doing better?" Getting better one rep maxes? Better endurance? What? You need to get well defined goals.

Assuming that you've already passed the set of noob gains, you should look into a program with longer periodization such as 5/3/1 or some such.

For losing weight, all you have to do is eat less while keeping your protein intake up there (~1g per lb of LEAN BODY MASS). Figure out how many calories per day keeps you at your weight, then subtract 500 from that to lose a pound per week. 2 lbs / week (= 1000 cal deficit per day) is also a good rate, but I wouldn't go faster than that - it causes you to lose more muscle.

Next time you have questions, I suggest you go to the QTDDTOT: >>39201525
>>
>>39211614
Fellow georgian, whats up!

Honestly, I'd say watch your carb intake more than anything. No pasta or pizza, do hamburgers with only one half the roll, etc. Red meat for dinner twice a week, skinless chicken and fish the other nights. Fresh veggies 2-3 meals a day. No processed shit. ever. None. No fast food, no candy, no packaged meals, etc.

Either that or get into bouncing. You're a hardcore lookin dude as is. leverage that to make fatter paychecks man.
>>
>>39211690
op this anon is a retard. unlike what shit like "supersize me" wants you to believe, food is food, its all made up of nutrients and macros. someone that eats mcdonalds everyday could be in better shape than a "organic" eater if they account their intake/macros.

try myfitnesspal and start tracking your food and macros. also your exercises are kind of all over the place, unfocused. try to tone down a specific thing you want to work on per session.
>>
>>39211614
>This is great and all, but I want to lose fat, I've tried the cutting formula for a month at a time
>a month at a time
this is the problem right here
from looking at your body id say you have a generally pretty unhealthy diet
you need to make a lifestyle change, not just go on a temporary cut

first adjust your diet:
no sugar
no processed crap
lean protein

once you have that under control you can go on a calorie deficit

you could try doing both at once but the most important thing right now is that you make a lifestyle change
>>
>>39211673
I generally work towards a one rep max, then try and make it a 4 rep, then a 8 rep, then go for a new one rep. Currently I'm at
Bench 295
Squat 315( I can do this many times, but I have a previous back injury from being an EMT in 2012, so I'm not pushing it)
Deadlift 405
Overhead 225
Row 255
Curls and etc. I just try and do more and more, progress is not really important there, unless maybe you goy think it is
>>39211690
Sup man! NEGA mountaineer here, G-ville area
Maybe I should try that
>>39211690
Sounds like a good idea, I havent bought into any of that yet, but all the cut dudes at the gym do, so...
>>39211747
So the general consensus is to cut out those bad things. Well, I guess I'll start there.
I'll do it for a few months and post back again.
Scrnsht this fgts
>>
>>39211614
count your calories lard
>>
File: WE.jpg (2MB, 1609x3063px) Image search: [Google]
WE.jpg
2MB, 1609x3063px
>>39211614
>I am a regular /pol/lac/k/
>>
>>39211843
>I'll do it for a few months and post back again.
no, you need to never do it again.
make the life style change. after a few months you won't even want to go back
>>
>>39212077
:(
>>39212090
Let's hope so m8
>>
>>39211843
GA bro here. Don't listen to the other idiot that says you can be healthier eating less mcdonalds. Obviously you need to count calories, but eating shit food is bad for you. It's not rocket science - different foods have different effects. Your body processes fresh, clean food better than a greasy burger. You MIGHT be able to cut back on bodyfat% if you count calories at burgerking, but you WILL cut back on bodyfat% if you count calories at a local farmers market.

Seriously, my family has been in the weightloss industry for 3 decades. I've personally seen the difference between an overweight person eating controlled portions of fresh food vs eating controlled portions of processed bullshit. It happens faster, and It's FAR more likely to stick. Even as you age and your metabolism slows down, eating raw veggies, cutting down on processed sugars/carbs, and controlling red meat intake WILL make you look, feel and perform better.

We didn't spend the last 50 thousand years migrating to the nearest herd of mcdoubles or farming chicken mcnuggets.
>>
>>39212863
thanks m8
>>
>>39213166
Np man, good luck!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.