[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Snap city

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
So I literally just got back from the gym, today was my deadlift day. I'm currently running 5/3/1 and today was my 3/3/3 day. On the last set at 390lbs I did 2 reps, then on the 3rd as soon as I pulled it off the ground I felt like 3 consecutive pops in my lower back. I immediately dropped the weight and left the gym.

I'm probably just going rest this week and do this cycle over again. Should I be worried? It doesn't hurt its just kind of stiff and it's hard to bend over. I've read online that if you don't have stomach pain or numbness in limbs it's likely nothing serious. Anyone have any experience with situations like this?
>>
File: Shinyandchrome.jpg (70KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
Shinyandchrome.jpg
70KB, 630x630px
>>39211111
Broken back for blessed qints
>>
Next stop: Spinal Disc Hernia City
>>
>>39211162

Do quints mean it's nothing srs? Pls tell me it does
>>
File: 1476903940731.jpg (191KB, 653x477px) Image search: [Google]
1476903940731.jpg
191KB, 653x477px
Your days of fitness are done pal. Drop your gym membership and go ahead and join planet fitness maybe you'll be able to do a few machines or work your biceps some. Tough luck, maybe next time don't use improper form- oh wait there won't be a next time because you fucked up top kek maybe if you believe in reincarnation or some shit haha your done faggot.
>>
>>39211111
>injured back
>nothing serious
>implying

Any kind of damage, no matter how insignificant it may seem, is serious when it comes to your back. Discs do not regenerate and the only way to get rid of a herniated or bulging disc is to actually remove it and lock the vertebrae together. Reduced mobility. Pain. Fucked up.
>>
File: IMG_4104.jpg (21KB, 204x192px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4104.jpg
21KB, 204x192px
>>39211216
>tfw my doctor said this about a bulging disc that i later cured with diddly
>>
>>39211111

>Dat form doe.
>>
Take some time off. Go to a chiropractor and get your shit checked.
>>
>>39211203

Thanks for your help anon, thanks so much for taking the time out of your day to type out such a well put together response.
>>
>>39211111
Probably time to see a doctor and REST. No more dids, squats or anything that manipulates and compresses the spine until you have answers.
>>
>>39211249

>Chiropractor.

Might as well go to spiritual healing too.
>>
File: 1476300138615.gif (3MB, 654x431px) Image search: [Google]
1476300138615.gif
3MB, 654x431px
>>39211261
You're soooo welcome ya dang retarded carp fish. Next time instead of trying to show off like a massive dick head since youre so big headed lower the weight to a more manageable amount and swallow your pride. Now you'll be lucky if you ever can even run fast since you fucked up so hard. It's over now you're never going to make it enjoy getting fat and old. You'll probably start balding soon too and if you have a girl you won't soon, no bitch wants to change some fatass faggots diapers. Top kek this is like poetry
>>
>>39211111
not worth it.
herniated disc, can't even sit for more than 20 minutes without painfull sciatica. It's been a fucking year, there are days even slow walking is painfull.

You may be one of the unlucky fucks, do everything right, and even so get fucked
>>
>>39211111
I wish I saw that form.
>>
Get a foam roller and gently roll on it, see if you feel any pain anywhere. Put it on different positions (very low back, low back, mid back, etc) and hold it there, then extend your arms above your head and just lay down (relax your muscles).

If any of this causes pain see a doctor immediately. I highly suggest doing light stretching for your back.
>>
File: My little friend.jpg (32KB, 460x300px) Image search: [Google]
My little friend.jpg
32KB, 460x300px
>>39211111
Say hello to...
>>
Popping indicates some sort of sinew damage

if you can still move it's probably not a herniated disc, and if it were 3 you'd be looking for a gun to blow your head off with

might've gotten lucky
>>
>>39211216
Bulging discs aren't so bad, you just need to take some time off, give them a chance to heal, and be more careful with your form from then on.

I bulged a disc doing 375lbs a few years ago, and now I can do 485lbs x5
>>
>>39211111
You'll probably be fine in all honesty. Rest up for awhile though. If you have insurance definitely see a doctor though (stay the fuck away from the family doc though, he will misdiagnose the fuck out of you).

Oh and once you get healthy: abs, back, glutes rape the fuck out of those muscle groups.
>>
>>39211249
Chiropractors are fucking hacks. Please dont do this
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp-c-Dr8vuU
>>
>>39211111
checked and witnessed
>>
>>39211216
thats bcompelte fucking bullshit
I had bulged disk (my lower back was numb for like 2 weeks) and i was fine like 4 months later

Buging/herniated disks are literally the most common injury do you think that when there were no hospitals people just died when they got one?
fucking ridiculous
>>
>>39211591
meh that depends, some have no idea what they are doing, I threw my shoulder out and experienced EXCRUCIATING non-stop pain for 2 weeks, the only thing the hospital wanted to do was a surgery that could possible fuck up my shoulder permanently so I decided to go to a chiro to see and the first visit he fixed it with no issues since.
>>
>>39211111
Holy Quints
>>
>>39211111
That's what you get from egolifting you dumb fuck
>>
>>39211111

>deadlift day
Explain
>>
>>39211111
Checked for shit form
>>
>>39211111
>doing sets across of deadlift
>>
>>39212980
hello dyel. most/many powerlifters focus on one major barbell movement per workout. deadlift is one of these movements, in case you weren't aware.
>>
File: ltw666q3zK1r2g7mto1_500.jpg (115KB, 435x435px) Image search: [Google]
ltw666q3zK1r2g7mto1_500.jpg
115KB, 435x435px
>>39211431
>You may be one of the unlucky fucks, do everything right, and even so get fucked
>>
I snabbed my shit 2 years ago when I first started lifting. Ego lifted 3pl8 and my lower back popped. I couldn't really walk for a couple days and had to stop doing any sort of back work for at least 2 months. To this day I still have slight pain when I deadlift, and truthfully, it's hard for me to actually discern what pain actually is from the strain/pump in my lower back so overall I'm just very careful and I don't ever really push myself too hard on deads.

Just take a step back and REALLY really check your form. Also stretch regularly.
>>
File: pendreddestroyed.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pendreddestroyed.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>39213061
3/3/3 day on 5/3/1 is not sets across, it is ramped

also there is nothing wrong with sets across on deadlift you fucking DYEL, unless you'd like to tell Boris Sheiko he doesn't know what he's doing
>>
>>39213560
>OP can do it because some power lifter can do it
You are mortally retarded.
>>
>>39211522
This guy's got it right.

There are several exercises you can do to help recovery, because I can tell you from experience that this type of injury does not heal very well on its own.

Generally they look like totally useless shit but it actually works. See a physical therapist, but the basics are hamstring stretches and core strengthening exercises. Feel free to look it up online, but I highly suggest you do not turn your nose up when you see the stupid shit it suggests. It works, and going HAM on your core because you can is not going to help you faster.
>>
Back pain has not gone away in 7 weeks

I hurt it while doing cleans and fucked up

I will try high reps low weight protocol tmr

25 reps of 1pl8 diddys and something similar for squat

What bothers me is why this is taking so long to heal
>>
>>39211522

Yeah I can't still walk fine. It's very dull back pain but it's more stiff than anything. Not sharp pains tho
>>
>>39214556
Can*
>>
>>39211488
it looks kind of satisfying though
>>
>>39211216
Complete bullshit, while it's that anything to do with injuries regarding your back should be taken seriously as fuck, they can heal.

My mom had a herniated disc, was in excruciating pain and all that, but she has zero problems after letting it heal and tons of pain killers throughout the process.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.