[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aesthetics vs. Strength vs. Health

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 11

File: 220px-Or?owski_Husaria's_attack.jpg (26KB, 220x304px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Or?owski_Husaria's_attack.jpg
26KB, 220x304px
I have seen a fair amount of contradiction on this board on this subject so I want to get a consensus.

The sticky seems to act as if they are one of the same but the board seems to advocate different means for each end so i have a few questions

1. Do you lift for aesthetics, strength or health?

2. The sticky says cardio is more related to health and less to aesthetics or strength but many posts have linked it moreso to aesthetics what is the case?

3. Is there a technique difference between aesthetics and strength, people irl and this board has given me contradictory information about this. (If i was going for aesthetics would it be less weight more reps or?)

4. Is the diet bulking cutting thing a meme or what is your take on dietary limitations?

Pic unrelated
>>
JUST FUCKING LIFT WEIGHT FAGGOT
>>
File: picdump488_096.jpg (69KB, 960x757px) Image search: [Google]
picdump488_096.jpg
69KB, 960x757px
>>39210049
Hey man I'll try to help you.

1. aesthetics, strength and health in that order. Currently going low reps for strength though.

2. I guess low reps high weight is strength and high reps low weight is cardio, inbetween that there's the balance where you gain strength and endurance. Time-under-Tension being a word that I heard being thrown around.
From my experience though, strength ultimately makes you bigger.

3. see 2

4. Bulking means maximum gains, but also lot of fat gain. Cutting means lower gains but lose body fat,gaining aesthetics.
If you do a clean bulk, you could also just forgo that, raising musclemass without gaining fat, but that's not an easy thing to do. There's a reason everyone Bulks and then cuts.

I don't claim to be an authority. Most of my knowledge stems from my education and reading a lot. Hope I could help you.
>>
>>39210139
Thank you,
Rereading my post it sounds like i have never been to the gym but in reality i am just a few months in and am looking for input mostly spurred on because i started a clean bulk today and am wondering where the memes meet the facts as far as aesthetics go, basically i dont kick over busses for a living so it is aesthetics>health>strength for me
>>
File: Feelsgoodman.png (14KB, 274x200px) Image search: [Google]
Feelsgoodman.png
14KB, 274x200px
1. Aesthetics

2. Cardio is healthy. Healthy is aesthetic. Regardless of if it does anything or not for my physical appearance I still like to run and practice sprints every now and then, cardio is underrated on this board, and something you obviously need for sports and daily life. (For example, boxing.)

3. Some of the best most intense strength routines like Smolov basically tell you to exercise the same muscle approximately every two days with low and heavy sets. More aesthetic oriented routines like PPL, Brosplit, etc usually include exercising your full body over a time period ranging every ~3 or 4 days. I prefer a 4 day split with lots of sets of 3 with as much weight as I can keep a good form for. I start every day with heavy compound lifts and end with mid/light weight isolation training.

What I'm saying is strength training can be used for aesthetic purposes, but aesthetic routines generally are not optimized for strength.

4. Dirty bulking is absolutely a meme. It's just a bunch of people on this board and others making fun of and encouraging people to get fat basically. No, you will not get shredded by eating tubs of ice cream and fast food no matter what Rich Piana says. He's on literal grams of gear per week and lives in a gym. You lift 3 hours a week 3 days a week and haven't even blasted test yet. If you want to pack on muscle, do a controlled, clean, bulk of at most 1 lb a week for 5-10 weeks at a time then maintain it for awhile. If you like where you are, great, if you want less, cut, if you want more, bulk at the same rate. My tactic for bulks is to isolate the muscle groups I want to improve during that time harder than anything else, it's been working pretty well for me but I can't really claim anything outside of that.

Hope that helps, anon.
>>
File: strengthtraining.jpg (38KB, 940x285px) Image search: [Google]
strengthtraining.jpg
38KB, 940x285px
bruh

1. strength and health

2.cardio is more related to health because people die of heart attacks not being too weak, aside from osteoporosis and heavy weights helping with bone density

3. yea for strength you lift as hard and fast as you can and get the weight up, for bodybuilding you lift hard and slow and keep the muscle under tension for a long time. For aesthetics you lift for 8-12 reps and don't rest long between sets

but what's the point of looking jacked and be normal strength when you could be lean and wiry and lift twice as much?
>>
>>39210286
also for strength you lift as fucking heavy as you can YOU FUCKING KILL THAT WEIGHT and only for 1- 5 reps, 5 at the MAX, less reps and more weight the better for strength.

sets of 2 or 3 reps and 4 mins of rest works good

LIIIIIFT LIGHT WEIGHT BABY

also idk about bulking cuz all i give a fuck about is strength and im skinny as shit but i deadlift 585 lbs @ 143 lbs so FUCK IT
>>
>>39210342
I meant light weight as in what you say when yoh lift, the last thing you want to do is lift bitchweight for strength

I see lots of jacked looking dudes lifting bitchweight at my gym. But if that's your goal then go for size m8
>>
>>39210286
this guy's chart is right OP

what are your goals?
>>
>>39210286
Tempo?
>>
>>39210139
>high reps low weight is cardio.
Fucking what???????? Are you retarded?
>>
>>39210518
>this guy's chart is right OP

>what are your goals?

Basically aesthetics (not looking like an aids patient but not looking fat) and at the same time not having my heart stop if i go on vacation and take a sauna.

I am doing a routine from the app progression because it seemed a bit more intense and complete than starter strength and showed the hallmarks of a good routine from the sticky ill post
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-25-20-17-30.png (62KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-25-20-17-30.png
62KB, 480x800px
Monday 1
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-25-20-17-33.png (54KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-25-20-17-33.png
54KB, 480x800px
Monday 2
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-25-20-17-40.png (60KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-25-20-17-40.png
60KB, 480x800px
Wed. 1
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-25-20-17-47.png (51KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-25-20-17-47.png
51KB, 480x800px
Wed 2
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-25-20-18-00.png (62KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-25-20-18-00.png
62KB, 480x800px
Friday 1
>>
>>39212375
Pretty sure Zyzz had an undiagnosed heart defect. Healthy people don't just die in their twenties from powerlifting.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-25-20-18-06.png (62KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-25-20-18-06.png
62KB, 480x800px
Friday 2

In addition to the routines I add weighted situps (as sticky suggested) and planking to increase core enduramce a bit (I have a spinal injury so core is important)

I take a minute and a half between sets (too much?)
>>
File: 1455828853248.jpg (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1455828853248.jpg
14KB, 250x250px
>>39212385
What kind of insufferable faggot needs an app for programming a routine?
>>
>>39212559
One whos cohabitants are always rummaging for scrap paper amd steal his pads, however lives on his jobsite and therefore cannot lock shit away
>>
>>39210286
>>39211364
This
>>
>>39211864
But it is, after a certain amount of reps you are no longer training for strength or mass, but for endurance.

Another word for endurance training is cardio.

Are YOU retarded?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.