[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are vitamin supplements just a meme? Is taking Vitamin D and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: vitamin-supplements-vs-food.jpg (596KB, 850x565px) Image search: [Google]
vitamin-supplements-vs-food.jpg
596KB, 850x565px
Are vitamin supplements just a meme?
Is taking Vitamin D and Iron doing anything for me?
>>
>>39209687
iron raises base def iirc
>>
Unless you're vegetarian or anemic it may not be wise to take iron if you're male. Women need it because they lose a lot through menstruating but you can easily overload on iron if you're not deficient, it accumulates
>>
TIME IS MEMETIC

NATUREPURE® VITAMIN D SUPPORTS STRONG BONES

SUBSCRIBE FOR 20 % OFF
>>
>>39209728
I'm not anemic but I feel tired all the time so I'm taking D and iron since they're supposed to be anti-fatigue.

if it doesn't work then whatever
>>
>>39209687
Vitamin D is the only acceptable supplement, if you live in a place that doesn't get much sunlight.

There's no reason you shouldn't be able to get enough of the rest.
>>
>>39209801
what does your diet look like?

do you get a lot of sun?

how active are you?
>>
File: 1392958380790.png (174KB, 429x491px) Image search: [Google]
1392958380790.png
174KB, 429x491px
>>39209851
breaky -> sandwich with processed meat, a lot of cheese and a white bagel
lunch -> naan/pasta with chicken, literally everyday
dindin -> depends, maybe another sandwich or a grilled cheese sandwich or tuna or some more chicken, meh

eat maybe 3-5 servings of fruit everyday for snacks
no vegetables

i worked out for the first time in a year 2 days ago.

not a lot of sun where i come from.

how much better would my life be?
>>
>>39209909
get some more sun or stay consistent w/ the vitamin D

try meal prep (include something green)

be more active (doesn't have to be lifting weights - go on a bike ride/short walk)

I'll bill your insurance
>>
>>39209687
You have to keep good levels of every single vitamin and mineral if possible, not only iron and vitamin D
>>
I'd like to meal prep, where I could buy containers made of glass? I dont want to use plastic box to store my food, because I want to maximize my gains and natural test levels, so I'm avoiding estrogens as much as possible.
Am I just crazy tinfoil, or is this reasonable thing to do? I even use glass bottle at gym to drink at. Only thing made of plastic is my post workout shake, looking to get it replaced with smthing in near future.
>>
>>39210646
I've never seen a high test guy who avoids plastics and all that autistic shit

only betas seem to do it
>>
>>39210646
do you also use a glass dildo to masturbate anally?
>>
>>39210744
Yes, but atleast it cant hurt? All those high test guys, they have always been high test, lil bit of estrogen wont show any effects.
But plastic is only one thing, I do everything like sleep enough, zinc, get enought calories and minerals etc, exercise hard, cold showers, dont eat sht food, drinking rarely, no smoking. So dont you think that if we combine ALL OF THOSE things, it will add up and have a diffrence?=)
>>
>>39209801
>if it doesn't work then whatever
>consuming supplements you dont need in large and frequant quantities negatively impacting your long term health
Yes. "Whatever" to your health.

I dont understand why people take supplements when you can right now calculate whether or not you actually need them. You know what you eat, weight and height. Thats all you need to figure out if you are deficient.

You could even get a blood test, rather than wasting time and money on supplements you dont need.
>>
>>39209687
>>39209801
>>39209909
why you gotta be so pathetic?
why do you log onto 4chan to ask strangers for advice, then counter with the fact that you don't care?
It sounds like you aren't really asking us what choices are good--instead you're trying to get /fit/ to convince you to make the choices you already know are good

trying to outsource your superego's job to the neets on an anime forum?

not a big boy move
>>
>>39211033
people prefer to pay 5$ a month for a multi and forget about deficiencies
if you don't see how that's the easiest and most worry free method you're probably autistic
>>
>>39211115
>most worry free
Ignorance is not bliss when you get kidney failure due to overconsumption of vitamins. Or any number of increasingly common serious illnesses you twats could avoid if you spent 10 minutes with a calculator rather than 10 years on pills.

I do this because i care bro. Drop the pills.
>>
>>39211171
does this guy think people take a tub of vitamins a day or am I getting trolled
>>
>>39211184
You dont have to take a tub a day, but you can easily overload even on slightly above normal doses consistantly. Your body has an extremely hard time removing D from your system.
>>
>>39209812
How about Zinc/Magnesium
>>
>>39211257
>zinc
a Gallon of Oysters A Day bro, aren't you doing it?
>>
>>39211257
I get enough of those through food, enough being the recommended daily dosage.

If you're not lazy you can include a variety of foods to cover everything.

Unless you think taking a huge amount of zinc and or magnesium will make a difference, but my understanding is, your body can only use as much.
>>
>>39211452
lol brb eating a shitton of food I don't even enjoy to get like 10mg of zinc
I can just pop 2 or 3 caps of 15mg zinc each in addition to the food I like. that's what I do and for me personally 30-50mg dose is worth it
it's like you guys forget it's 21st century and you can make your life easier if you want to
>>
File: IMG_0260[1].jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0260[1].jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
>canned salmon, for them wild caught omega-3 gains
>steamed kale & carrots with mixed nuts on top for them all the rest of the vitamins gains

Eat those regularly and you will literally never have any micronutrient deficiencies. You can find those at any grocery store in the US, and I'm sure the rest of the world.

This is just easy mode though, there are a couple other optional things I do to cover my bases and throw some variety into my diet.
>>
>>39211504
I enjoy all of the food I eat, and I usually get about 17mg of zinc. Which I think is a good amount.

I am not aware how much zinc is considered too high or if you can even make use of that much.
>>
>>39211563
you do
but you have no reason to assume someone else would find it easy or enjoyable to include a big variety of micronutrient rich foods in their diet
just think about and understand it. then you might understand that for many people supplements are very useful
>>
>>39209703
If no one else will respond I for one appreciated your joke
>>
MOST NORMAL PEOPLE DO NOT NEED VITAMIN SUPPLEMENTS.

I am a PA and I tell patients all the time that if you want to take vitamins there are really only three I recommend for normal healthy adults.
>Vitamin D
>Omega 3/Fish oil
>Magnesium (preferably magnesium glycine though any will do)

Vitamin D can easily be obtained by going out in the sun though.
Omega 3s can be had through eating fish.

So the only one you should consider supplementing is magnesium. It will help with sleep (hence why I recommend mag gly) and that will have additional benefits in your life.

But if you REALLY want to be healthy do this
>Eat a balanced diet
>Eat fish
>Go outside and stop sitting so much

It's unlikely you'll get vitamin toxicity from supplements (unless you're taking much more than recommended). However you are wasting your money that could be spent on better quality food.

Please. Stop wasting your money on the vitamin scam and just eat more vegetables and less processed foods.
>>
>>39211872
when i go outside I wear sunscreen though, hence why I need vitamin D
>>
>>39212085
Somewhat valid reason. Of course this varies depending on where you live and what the UV level is.

Good on you for wearing sunscreen though.
>>
>>39211287

That's just a meme dude, don't try to GOAD him into it.
>>
>>39209687
If you don't get enough Vitamin D through natural sources you'll probably feel run down.

It's personal experience but once I started supping Vit D I noticed my mood improved for the better.
>>
I take a few supplements but only because I'm vegan. I mean I can easily get a full nutritional profile daily with a vegan diet, I just get too lazy to cook sometimes.

I think only vitamin you really need to watch out for (or at least the mainstream ones) is vitamin A size it can fuck your liver right?
>>
>>39209801
>taking D
you're gonna make it
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.