[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Keto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

Is the keto diet actually legit? It makes a lot of claims and sounds kind of unreal.

Opinions?
>>
doesnt one breath smells while doing this?
>>
In general fats are better than carbs (except right before/after) workout.

Eating only fats is a fu king meme though. Keto will make you super tired and unable to think properly.

If your obese to the point of havinf health problems, keto is acceptable for cutting.
>>
WHY ARE THERE THREADS ABOUT THIS STUPID GAY SHIT TIER MEME EVERY GODDAMN DAY?

ITS SHIT FOR PHYSICALLY ACTIVE BEINGS
ITS
SHIT

S H I T
H
I
T

now fuck off already, count your fucking calories and cut on a 500 deficit as every non retarded person does
>>
>>39208945
nice b8
>>
>>39208916
Lebron James did it so I guess its OK to do.
http://kediet.com/blog/lebron-james-discusses-ketogenic-paleo-weight-loss-no-carbs-sugar-for-67-days/
>>
>>39208916
I didn't do super strict keto, but I lose weight faster when restricting carbs. Give it a try
>>
>>39208916
Don't completely remove carbs. Restrict them to just pre and post workout, and have a big carbs meal once every 10 days or so.

You don't get gains while on ketosis, so this is only acceptable for cutting. High protein and lifting wil prevent you from losing muscle mass.
>>
So i'm better off just counting my cals using lifesum then?
>>
>>39208916

Here's what i've learned after being keto 2+ years.

1. Energy balance still matters (lol). Keto isnt a magic diet. Track macros. Cutting and bulking work the same as normal.

2. Don't be scared of protein. You need 1.8g/kg. It's not going to kick you out of ketosis. Gluconeogenesis happens at a fixed rate. Which leads to...

3. Higher ketone readings =/= more fat loss. Basically a useless measure as they can only measure unused ketones in circulation. The more fat-adapted the individual the less excess ketones. Don't overeat fat for the purpose of increasing ketones when the goal is weight loss.

4. You need to supplement electrolytes. 5-8g sodium, 2g potassium, 600mg magnesium (glycinate best). ON TOP of food intake. Without it you'll feel shit. On keto your kidneys don't hold minerals like a high-carb diet.

5. Keto doesn't make you weaker. The process of transitioning to a fat-based metabolism takes 1-6 months and during this time your lifts might drop but once adapted there's no difference.

6. You don't need carb refeeds. The 'refeed effect' on leptin is due to the caloric surplus and not the energy source. Eat at maintenance every now and then.

7. Muscle glycogen is replenished at a similar rate as a higher-carb diet. A typical strength training workout doesn't use enough glycogen for it to even matter.
>>
File: frog.jpg (5KB, 192x154px) Image search: [Google]
frog.jpg
5KB, 192x154px
>>39209009
>a professional athlete under constant medical supervision does it so I can do
>>
>>39208981
This. Keto was a mistake and has no place under the umbrella of fitness
>>
40 a day keeps the keto on slay
>>
>>39209240
Nice copy pasta
>>
>>39209571
Haha imagine somebody on fit having actual knowledge
>>
>>39208945
>tfw I'm cutting on ~1200 cals/day
>keto
>still about 10lbs of excess bodyfat around my gut/lower back, that's why
>still hitting the gym for like 30 min intense lifting sessions 4 times a week
>still working out at home too, a few sets here and there every hour when not on a rest day

I feel like absolute shit. No energy, getting up out of the chair takes it out of me. Had about 800 calories so far today, all meat. You lose fat very fast doing this, but holy fuck do I feel like death right now. Keto flu making me feel lightheaded and weak as fuck, yet I still somehow make gains doing this. Not nearly as fast as when I load up on carbs, but still.......
>>
>>39208938
Some people get acetone on their breath but not everyone. Acetone is the most volatile ketone body and is most commonly expelled in urine or through your lungs.
>>
>>39210786
More salt bro. recommended intake of 5g sodium is about a tablespoon of salt which is a lot. Pickle juice, stock cubes + hot water etc can be life saving.

Also you could look into having 0.1g carbs / lb as part of PWO in the form of dextrose or glucose to help with performance/intra-set recovery.
>>
>>39210786
Eat some salt, magnesium, and potassium. Also try starting at your TDEE maintenance and slowly apply your deficit. I still lose body fat at maintenance.
>>
>>39210875
>pickle juice

Got a fresh jar in my fridge right now, they've been one of my staples ever since I first started doing keto cuts. Noice. Drinking that juice they come in really helps me shit, too, which is often a problem if I don't have any cocaine when I'm on keto as most of my diet is just meat and eggs.
>>
>>39210910
>salt

I cut back on that when I found out that it makes you bloated by retention of water. The other anon mentioned pickle juice, which will be my go-to for this from now on as I literally always have pickles in my fridge these days.
>>
>>39210875
>0.1g carbs / lb as part of PWO in the form of dextrose or glucose to help with performance/intra-set recovery.

I figure my limited carb needs on keto are covered by the eggs, no? Some people don't even eat eggs on keto because they have carbs, albeit not much.
>>
>>39210911
Good shit mate. Oh yeah and I forgot to add to my big post above that fiber isn't needed at all.
>>
>>39210928
Ketosis has a diuretic effect so you lose sodium fast.
>>
>>39210949

The actual dietary carb need is 0, but I would say that eating up to your carb tolerance should be encouraged rather than keeping as close to 0 as possible.

Now the purpose of a small dose of a quick digesting carb such as dextrose taken before workouts is to help fuel intense workouts without interrupting ketosis. You only need like 8-15grams.
>>
>>39210950
Really? If anything I was thinking about starting to take laxatives, my shits are like rabbits' right now, hard little balls. I literally and unironically shit standing up in the shower nowadays, using a finger to help coax it out (fuck off I know it's gross but I have to) because if I sit down to shit it won't come out.

Cocaine or laxatives, either/or is what I need. kek
>>
>>39211022
>dextrose

I've been seeing this mentioned around here, I've only been coming here for a few months after infesting /v/ and /r9k/ for a few years. I guess this is something I need to look into, sounds like just what I need, I can see why I've been seeing this word thrown around so much it sounds like useful shit.

Thanks anon.
>>
>>39208916

It's a good way for fatties to lose weight, as it helps you manage cravings.

My understanding is that it's also good for managing beetus.

Beyond those two scenarios, the general consensus is that it's sub optimal.
>>
>>39208916
Lost 40 pounds on keto over three months. Came down to the calories obviously but it was way easier to eat at a deficit on keto. After the first month I just ate a single meal a day
>>
>>39211080
>way easier to eat at a deficit on keto

That's it in a nutshell right there. It's the fact that your cravings for food in general and not just sugars/carbs goes way down on keto because you're no longer sending your blood glucose levels on a rollercoaster ride every day.
>>
>>39211026
Supping with magnesium can help with constipation but I really think it's a matter of adjusting.

The only time I've had problems with being blocked up on keto was when I was eating 500g broccoli/cauli/beans per day and it really felt like things were getting weird down there. Since I cut down heavily on fibrous veggies everything's been fine
>>
>>39211095
I went full keto too. Didn't eat more than 2 carbs per day that I got through meat. My blood sugar flatlined for fucking months
>>
>>39211068
>>39211095

Pretty much, but I would add that it's often misunderstood and is only just starting to be studied seriously by some in the fitness world.

I think that in years to come the power of a well-formulated ketogenic diet will become a lot more clear and hopefully a lot of the misinformation surrounding low carb diets will be cleared up in the community.
>>
File: 1469145010417.jpg (38KB, 516x380px) Image search: [Google]
1469145010417.jpg
38KB, 516x380px
I don't do keto specifically, but I cut out a lot of carby foods because most of them are calorie-dense and nutritionally worthless. I haven't eaten a grain of rice or a piece of pasta in weeks. I'm mildly suicidal without muh carbs but it's working.
>>
I tried carb back-loading for a month and I was able to cut body fat really easily but I barely improved in my lifts during that time. It works. I'll probably do it again when I want to cut.
>>
>>39211068
It's shitty for performance or gains but god tier for a cut
>>
keto suck, you lose strength, a lot
but its legit for losing bodyfat
>>
>>39211126
And here I was assuming that more fibrous vegetables are what I needed. I need to do some more research, I suspect there's a better fix for me out there than starting to take laxatives.

I was assuming it might be one or more of the daily supplements I'm taking;

B12
C
D3
Magnesium
Calcium
Zinc

I assumed one of the supplements may be the culprit because I never got his constipated on keto before, and I only started taking all of them since my last keto cut. That's the only thing that's changed, so......either way I gotta do some reading here it looks like.
>>
>>39211172
Noice. I think my longest keto period so far has been like 2 months, and man, after that initial 2 weeks, I've never cared less about food/eating in my life. It was liberating, I actually started thinking of food as just fuel and not primarily as a drug, a source of pleasure to be gorged on.
>>
>>39211394
some good stuff here
http://highsteaks.com/fiber/

Dunno though, depends on the individual, you may do better with fibre. Probably worth a try. I know i definitely can't handle much on a regular basis.
>>
>>39211384
>but its legit for losing bodyfat

Yup, that's the point. Nobody does keto to gain muscle, although I still manage to. But yeah, the gains come faster and easier when you're eating pasta/potato/rice every day.
>>
>>39211445
Thanks anon, I'll give it a read. Usually I used to just drink like half a litre of milk in one go, that would do the trick within a few hours (lol) but obviously milk on a cut is kinda dumb and would bring me out of keto also.
>>
>>39211445
>>39211394
Also i'm thinking that lowered thyroid function (normal on calorie deficits) could be the issue. Could try supplementing iodine or just eating more fish/seafood.
>>
>>39211495
Huh, something else for me to consider....
>>
>>39208916
http://www.sciencealert.com/new-research-says-the-exact-opposite-of-a-paleo-diet-looks-like-the-best-for-longevity
who the fk knows
>>
>>39211542
It's probably best to make small adjustments and see how one's body reacts.
>>
My poops smell exactly like they do the day after heavy drinking. I don't drink anymore, is this keto? Also I wake up having to poop and poop a huge one. Then I'll poop two more times within an hour. All are huge poops. I may poop one more time in the day but the 3 back to back huge poops got me wondering what's going on here?
>>
Going to share some neat keto cutting tricks

Sugar free jello. It's basically meat anyway - protein (glycine), flavors/sweeteners, and water. Good for satiety, you can have bowls full and its fuck all calories.

Low carb/fat cottage cheese blended with cocoa powder, blueberries, sweetener etc. Basically a solidified casein shake. Slow digesting and the thick cement-like texture is satiating, not to mention the antioxidants and other micros. If its blended its like chocolate mousse. Bruh.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.