[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long can I expect to gain muscle while losing fat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: raregoldpepe.gif (1MB, 305x360px) Image search: [Google]
raregoldpepe.gif
1MB, 305x360px
New/Novice lifter here.

1 month in, cutting the whole month (Want to get to 10-12% and then do a lean bulk once I'm happy with how I look naked).

It's been really great. I've been cutting, losing fat, and getting stronger.

My veins are actually starting to push out of my skin, my lifts are going up big time, when I flex my forearm I can actually see you know, valleys and crevices in it, not just one uniform lump, I can actually flex my pecs, my thighs are getting YUGE,

Anyways, I see it posted a lot here how you can't 'Gain muscle or lose fat unless you are new or roiding'.

How long can I expect to gain muscle while losing fat? 1 more month? 3 more months?

This is really good feel and I'll be sad when I get gain muscle anymore on a cut
>>
>>39207740
depends on a lot of factors like genetics, routine, nutrition. sleep and god knows what else. generally as long as you get stronger it is not unreasonable to assume that you are building muscle. eventually you will plateau or progression will slow down a lot and at that point you might need to eat more.
>>
>>39207740
You can only really gain muscle on a cut when you're quite seriously overweight (way in excess of 20% bf) even as a novice. So if you're already in the normal range probably not very long.
>>
>>39207740
Took like 6-8 months for me to reach a real plateau where no matter what I would do, I wouldn't increase weight/gains without switching to bulk mode.
>>
>>39207800

I'm at like 16,17,18 though

MY body is nothing to brag about but I'm not overweight

>>39207805

Well this is encouraging.

My sincere hope is that I can reach 10-12% before I hit that plateau where I can only gain muscle by bulking
>>
I'm monitoring this thread

I used to lift but became a fat depressed loner for 2 years.

Now I've wittled my way down to 198
>>
Certain people argue that when you are at a low body fat percentage you are actually putting on the largest amount of muscle.

The idea is that the body understands to utilize protein and calories for the development of muscle tissue rather than fat storage.

If you continue to gain muscle at a good pace I would make the assumption that you will also have a relatively easy time maintaining your body weight.
>>
>>39207830
Note, I was 245ish and dropped down to 220lbs while adding muscle, so my body fat may have had a lot to do with it.
>>
>>39207850

>Certain people argue that when you are at a low body fat percentage you are actually putting on the largest amount of muscle.

I feel like this is just brosecience, and I think they think this because when you are you know 8% bodyfat, it's super easy to see your musclature and you look super ripped.

So 10 LBS of muscle at 8% looks a lot more impressive than gaining 10LBS of muscle @ 20%, if that makes sense
>>
>>39207888
It is, it's pretty goddamned tough to put on mass and maintain 8-10% bodyfat as a natural.
The people who actually say that the body knows where to put the calories thing are probably on some form of heavy gear.
>>
>>39207931

Maybe 12% is a more realistic goal?

My goal is just to hit 12%. 17% ish now.

Once I get to 12%, I will lean bulk my way to 15%, 16% then cut back to 12% and repeat until my legs don't work anymore or I die

I'm thinking what you said and maybe trying to cut to 10, 8% will just cost me so much muscle lost on the cut, and time I could've been leanbulking it's not worth it?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.