[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is cereal really that bad for you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

Is cereal really that bad for you?
>>
>>39207186
I dunno, I eat the shit out of it, and I've been losing weight, but I'm also tracking my calories.
>>
>>39207230
calories
>good or bad related
>>
>>39207237
I'm not a fitness guru, just trying to drop the lb's.
>>
nah but there's better options like eggs n oats n such. Has anybody made a whey cereal yet? could probably be good.
>>
>>39207241

Then just track the calories. Could be a detriment to your diet since its a bunch of calories that dont have much protein and such so harder to fit in, but other then that it should be fine if you can fit it in.
>>
Frosted shredded wheat is fucking based and it's one more thing I can dump whole milk into
>>
It's actually pretty good for you, all things considered. They're packed full of vitamins and minerals, even if they are pretty high on sugar.
>>
>>39207258
.. Isn't that just what I said I did? "I'm also tracking my calories"
>>
>>39207288

I thought you were OP, woops.
>>
>>39207254
Whey cereal? So milk on milk?
>>
I just eat oats desu
>>
I'm bulking, eating like 1100 cals of oats a day
>>
File: hjalp.jpg (36KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
hjalp.jpg
36KB, 657x527px
>>39207230
>>39207237
>>39207241
>>39207258
>>39207288
>>39207306

I genuinely do not comprehend what is going on in this chain of replies.
Am I having a stroke?
>>
>>39207186
>cereal
it really depends on what you mean based on your picture I assume you dont mean OATS in wich case your probaly starting each day with a hefty amount of sugar wich isnt optimal

-this message is sponserd by OATS
>>
>>39207186
not as bad as bread
>>
>still eating carbs
KEK
>>
>>39207186
Lidl's raisin and almond granola is my kryptonite.
>>
File: pipi-11.png (24KB, 657x525px) Image search: [Google]
pipi-11.png
24KB, 657x525px
>>39207418
col amblense?!?!!
>>
>>39207254
Wetabix have an added protein one
>>
>>39207186
It's bad for you in the sense that it isn't the optimal decision for breakfast.

You can look at the statistics, people who eat oats are nattier and live longer than the average person.

So when you eat cereal over oats you are denying yourself the optimal food source.

Therefore, yes it is bad for you. Don't settle for mediocrity.
>>
>>39207186
depends on what kind of cereal.
If you got that seed shit I geues your in the clear.
But that sugar cancer shit is a nono.
and don't use milk but yoghurt.
>>
>>39207606
hlo dit da amblans?
>>
>>39207952

What's so great about oats? From my dumb fat point of view they are more calories than they are worth. They don't fill you and they take up calories you could invest towards better meals throughout the day. Better to eat yoghurt and some bread of veggies I think.

But I know fuckall so please enlighten me.
>>
>>39207186
It's just breakfast bread, so no.
>>
>>39207186
why would you eat something with sugar on it
>>
>>39209698

Oats are a very healthy source of protien.

Bread is the devil and should be avoided at all costs.

Bread is right up there with sugar and asbestos.
>>
Ones like shredded wheat cereal and bran can be GOAT cutting foods, just watch the sugar content
>>
I eat bran for fibre and the weetbix with the added protein. And oats of course.
>>
Is the cholesterol in eggs really that bad for you?
>>
most cereals are 30% sugar

even a lot of the "good" cereals are 20-30% sugar

corn flakes are in my opinion the best tasting "low" sugar cereal and they're still 10% sugar
>>
>>39210152
Does eating breakfast cereals daily give a chance you become diabetic considering all the sugar they have?
I love the fact that they contain so much cals because I'm trying to gain weight but I distrust high sugar foods
>>
It's delicious but it's not a breakfast food like we've been told for near a century.

Treat it like a dessert and no problems. Enjoy that shit. Just tried the pumpkin spice mini-wheats. Don't even like PS stuff but seemed like a good mix of flavor. Weak as fuck, should have gone with the PS Special K.
>>
http://www.stack.com/a/high-protein-healthy-cereals
>>
>>39207186
oatmeal is infinitely times better, so just make the switch and quit being a bitch

add a scoop of protein powder and a bit of milk and it'll taste even better than cereal.
>>
File: 1467486202065.png (110KB, 330x270px) Image search: [Google]
1467486202065.png
110KB, 330x270px
Every now and then I'll eat nothing but bran flakes all day just to clear me guts out.
>>
anyone know if malt-o-meal is acceptable with margarine and honey?
>>
>>39213035
>margarine
>butter
a small amount of honey is fine
>>
>>39207186
Are you eating lucky charms or similar?
If yes it probably isn't the best. If no, chances are you are fine.

Obviously there are better options out there and more filling, however most take more time and effort not everyone has.
>>
Guys what carbs do you eat for preworkout?

I've been doing 2 cups of Special K and a cup of 2% or Quaker Old Fashioned Oats with water.

Special K is a little heavy in the wrong areas but my lifts are incredible on it.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.