[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gluten

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

Yay or nay?
>>
>>39205884
If you don't have celiac disease and you go gluten free, you are a moron

In 10 years gluten free will be a vague memory
>>
>>39205907
Arent there legitimate arguments for it though?
>>
>>39205907
>>39206047
My gf claimed to get smaller rashes on her skin and loadsa itching after eating shit with gluten in it, and her picky eating becomes so fucking tedious when we're cooking together so I tested her by baking some bread (i do this often, it's fucking yummy, try some with walnuts n shit mm) with regular flour without telling her and she developed that shit the very next day and was itchin' like a fucking hobo with lice.
Done this twice now with exact same result.

Doctor says she tests negative for celiac disease.
Dunno what to think.
>>
>>39206251
And may I also add that I know how autistic it is to test this shit on other people.
>>
>>39206251
Celiac Disease isn't the only 'disease' that causes your body to reject gluten, it's actually very specific, and theres loads of people who reject gluten that are 'non-celiacs'
If she is legit breaking out when she eats it (thats not even a fucking celiac symptom so i dunno why she was even tested) then let her avoid it.
But like 99% of people can eat gluten fine and having it as a diet is fucking stupid.
My gf is allergic to a metric fuckton of food so I know random allergy shit.
>>
>>39206296
*avoiding it as a diet
>>
>>39206296
She actually asked to be tested since she's a girl and they hype shit up.
>>
Assuming you don't have a legitimate disease, there's no reason not to eat gluten. Now tell me who that cat girl is so I can fap
>>
>>39206251
She has an allergy. She has a reason to not eat gluten.

I'd venture a guess and say most people who go gluten-free have no legitimate reason for it. All they're doing is making it a pain in the ass for restaurant workers like me
>>
>>39206333
That'll explain it. I dunno, I'd be autistic and watch everything she eats for multiple days and see if she sneaks in gluten. My gfs sister also complains she is gluten intolerant but you'll catche her eating biscuits or them quick pasta meal things sometimes. Half the time women do it for attention or because feeling oppressed and downtrodden is a fucking desirable state nowadays.
>>
>>39206366
She's actually semi-fit, used to lift and starting to get back into it again. We spend very much time together and she's real loyal to the diet.
Now that I think about it we actually took a take out burger the other week and she quietly bemoaned the fact that she'll probably be itchy the next day. Next day comes and she's splotchy.

Seems there's more to gluten than just celiac.
>>
>>39206417
Yeah, if you're sure she always breaks out in hives when she has gluten then she needs to avoid it. Could be fucking up her intestines as well. I think my gf is diagnosed with 'Non-celiac gluten sensitivity' basically exactly the same but Its a different antibody found in the blood or some shit. There's 100% more problems with gluten than just celiac, but because of the fad diet a lot of legit people who cant eat it get treated like fad dieters.
>>
>>39206342
>girl
>>
>>39206342
It's a cute knight going by the name of Ferris Argyle
>>
>>39206545

A boipucci is fine too
>>
>>39206618
But thats icky -_-
>>
>>39206251
I get itchy rashes on my elbows that WebMD points towards being a gluten allergy, but it's super fucking mild and easy to ignore, to the point I don't really care if something has gluten or not. I can see why it might get some people to avoid gluten though.

But yeah, if you don't have an allergy or disease avoiding it is pointless.
>>
>>39206251
she has gluten INTOLERANE (not an allergy) but dumb fucks on /fit/ whose knoweledge about nutrition comes from obese youtubers wont know anything about it

>Food intolerance, also known as non-IgE mediated food hypersensitivity or non-allergic food hypersensitivity, refers to difficulty in digesting certain foods. It is important to note that food intolerance is different from food allergy.

>Food allergies trigger the immune system, while food intolerance does not. Some people suffer digestive problems after eating certain foods, even though their immune system has not reacted - there is no histamine response.

>Foods most commonly associated with food intolerance include dairy products, grains that contain gluten, and foods that cause intestinal gas buildup, such as beans and cabbage.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/263965.php

also, she probably has a condition called "leaky gut".
>>
>>39205884
>implying thats a girl
>>
File: grinch.jpg (50KB, 599x804px) Image search: [Google]
grinch.jpg
50KB, 599x804px
>>39209068
thanks doc
>>
>>39205884

If you have a specific allergy to it, then yes. Otherwise there is literally nothing wrong with gluten.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.