[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he doesn't floss What the point of having a perfect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 2

File: fuck.webm (708KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.webm
708KB, 320x240px
>he doesn't floss
What the point of having a perfect body if your teeth are crap?
Do you think any girl is going to want to kiss your filthy mouth?
>>
Didn't a bunch of studies show that flossing basically does fuck all?

That said I still floss because I have major autism when it comes to hygiene.
>>
>>39198049
>Didn't a bunch of studies show that flossing basically does fuck all?

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
Is there a way to remove plaque like this at home?
>>
>>39198066
Yeah, floss so it doesn't become tartar.
>>
>>39198066
actually yeah, brush your teeth with salt once a day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjKvt-Kl-ew
>>
>>39198049
A bunch of studies were determined to not be sufficient enough to show that flossing helps prevent cavities, which is different than saying flossing does fuck all.
>>
>>39198032
if you smoke you are even more disgusting. but girls still kiss smokers so dunno
>>
>>39198100
if you want to damage your enamel why not throw in some lemon juice and sodium bicarbonate for that daily routine
>>
reminds me i really need to go to the dentist

been 2 years since my last cleaning and i know for sure i have cavities
>>
>>39198032
>clean teeth once a day in the evening
>floss every second day
>visit dental doctor once a year

Teeth are perfect
>>
File: 1437489855697.gif (2MB, 480x353px) Image search: [Google]
1437489855697.gif
2MB, 480x353px
Every fucking day. My wife is a dental hygienist, so I'm being checked.
>>
>>39198172
>taking doing anything hygiene related daily as serious advice.
>>
>16-25
>teeth so fucked I didnt smile
>60 local anasthetics in the mouth later
>absolutely perfect metal/ceramic teeth
>literally all of them
>get compliments on the regular about them

cant say that Im not /fraud/
>>
>>39198238
Does your breath not smell in the morning?
>>
>>39198314
No I use chewing gum
>>
>>39198314
>millions of beings will shit on your tongue while you sleep, is it gonna smell nice?!
>>
>>39198049
How does it feel only reading headlines of news and taking everything as fact?

I asked my friend who's finishing up dental school and the entire faculty shat on this news because it's such a blatant manipulation and misinterpretation of shitty studies. While it's true there isn't much studies done on flossing, the reason why there is so little study done is because it's widely accepted in dental hygiene that flossing is good for you. It's similar to how you don't commonly see studies about the benefits of washing your hands
>>
>>>39200000
>>
>>39198049
Flossing is good for your gums. In the OP pic, looks like the gums are receding, which is the biggest sign of gum disease. Gum disease allows bacteria to get into the creases, creating a pocket (sometimes filled with pus). The bigger the pocket grows, the more likely you are to lose your teeth because it deteriorates the jaw bone that holds your teeth in place. So tl;Dr, if you don't floss say goodbye to your teeth.

Also, a good reason to not date women with mouth piercings, especially tongue rings. It wears down the gums, even if they do floss.
>>
>>39198049
IMO flossing is just to get rid of any food stuck between your teeth.
>>
>>39198238
>doesn't brush in the morning
Absolutely fucking rancid.
>>
>>39198032
Think he swallowed some of those chunks by accident?
>>
>>39200746
wouldn't really matter. It's just mineral deposits of calcite.
>>
>>39198643
There is a massive amount of research on the effects of hand washing. The fucking infection control Nazi in my hospital won't shut up about it.
>>
>>39200746
my dentist has this weird ass suction thing that fits into the back of your mouth.
it keeps your mouth open and shit out of your throat.
>>
How often do you visit the dentist?
>>
Bumping! This piece of shit might be interesting to read.
>>
>>39198049
Flossing takes out food stuck that brushing alone won't get rid off.

And getting rid of stinking rot food in your mouth may help with your breath. And it also gets rid of the bacteria that feed on the rotten food, that may fuck your mouth later. But don't take my word on it.
>>
>>39202689
twice a year or sooner if it's urgent
>>
Started flossing daily a little over a year ago. My gums used to be pretty sensitive to cold, also they bled frequently at first. Now they never bleed ever when I floss DEEP and I can literally bite into a gob of ice cream with no sensitivity. Plus breath + aesthetics. Would recommend.
>>
Who here /receding gums/? Does oil pulling or anything help to regain them at home?
>>
>>39198346

Why not just brush in the morning?
>>
>>39198032

Flossing is a meme, I have never done it and have never had to get anything done at the dentist. All my teeth are fine.

Use a good electric toothbrush 2-3 times a day, don't eat loads of sweets / drink sugary drinks / consume loads of sugar in general, and use mouthwash and you are fine.

Dentist once a year (although I didn't go for 5 years once as I moved cities and kept forgetting) and everything is fine.
>>
>>39200684
My breath is fresh in the morning, I just have to use mouthwash the evening before
>>
I haven't seen a dentist in 8 years, last time was when I was 18 and my parents scheduled me for that shit

I brush three times daily, mouth wash in the AM and PM, and floss periodically and my teeth haven't ever given me issues

I don't need a dental hygienist to scrape my teeth every 6 months, my teeth hurt a lot more in high school when the hygienist dug that shit in my gums and enamel
>>
are people seriously saying that flossing doesnt help when it removes the roting shit between your teeth

when you are vegan maybe then dont bother with it... but I would get that rotting meat out of there for sure. t
>>
>>39198285
>orthodontist says I need braces
> $7,500
>dentist says I need crowns
>$18,500

How the fuck am I meant to know who to follow? My teeth are crooked, but they're also pretty worn.
>>
>>39204972

I really can't say I get food stuck in my teeth very often. And when I do, all it takes is fingernails, a toothpick, or just the old lickeroo to take care of it.

Flossing can definitely scrape off a lot of gross gunk from teeth, but I'd never have thought of it as a food remover. Walking around with hunks of rotten meat in your teeth sounds like a bit of an evolution fail.
>>
>>39204974
Go with the option that lets you keep your original teeth, and make them uncrooked.
Straighter teeth will make wonders for your looks.
>>
>>39198032
I need to go to a dentist and let him do this to me
>>
>>39198032
anyone else find the video extremely soothing? its strangely satisfying when a big chunk of tartar drops
>>
>>39205356
but is that seriously just tartar
surely theres some serious tooth coming off and the gums look frightened
>>
>>39204879
No. You can floss every day until your gums stop bleeding and stop any further damage. But if you go to an oral surgeon they can re-plant the gums on your teeth after scaling and hope they stick.
>>
>>39203470
Good job anon. It really makes all the difference. Especially in breath freshness.
>>
>>39198049
even if it isn't as good as people typically say it is, there's no better feeling than getting all that shit out from between your teeth
>>
>>39198066
I've heard hydrogen peroxide swish with baking soda will help.

I left out the baking soda and just did a peroxide swish, and after that I was able to use my finger nail and remove some.
>>
>>39204974
Dude.. Fuck braces.. Honestly.

I'd rather have crooked nice teeth then fucked up straight teeth.

I know it's mostly my fault that they're fucked up, but I also know if I didn't have braces, they wouldn't have gotten that bad.
>>
what do i do if i have serious dentist phobia and my teeth are all shitty? nope. no suicide suggestions
>>
>>39207431
You just gotta do it.

For me, it was mostly a commitment issue, because I call up the dentist when I'm really eager, and I want to do it.. And, then they tell me the appointment is 2 months out.. And, I end up cancelling because in 2 months who knows.

But, I finally did it it. I waited the two months. I got into my first appointment in 10+ years, and I'm well on my way to getting my teeth fixed.

I've got a second appointment next week, and by the end of that, I am hoping I'm able to smile again.

I had like, 6 visible nasty cavities in my front teeth from soda drinking, and I had nasty tar tar all around.
>>
>>39207487
shit... thanks anon that was somewhat helpful
>>
>>39207487
What did they say when you opened your mouth?
>>
>>39207717
The hygenist was really nice, and I gave her major warning before I released the kraken on her. And, I'd been taking proper care of my teeth the two months leading up to it, so she didn't seem to shocked or put off.

When the cosmetic doctor came by after the cleaning to decide on how we approach the cavities, I didn't get a chance to warn him and he made a few mildly rude remarks, but none of which were unwarranted. I mean, if you're a mechanic and someone brings in a beat to shit engine that needs a bunch of work, he might make a few silly comments the same.

Overall, if I was a bitch I would've been completely offended and walked on out, but it's all my fault I'm in that dental office anyway seeking so much treatment, I'm not about to butt heads with a guy who is going to do me a huge favor for the rest of my life.
>>
>>39207717
Actually, looking back one of his comments did make me chuckle through the whole thing "Mt. Dew caught another victim it looks like"
>>
>>39207431
>>39207487

Same here. I skipped for like 7 years because I am fucking lazy, but then one of my teeth fell apart and I basically had to go because I had a hole in my face. In the end that was the only fucked up tooth and the rest only had cavities that would have gone the same way in a year or two, so I would have been kind of fucked if that one tooth hadn't pushed me into it.

Also with insurance, now is a good time to go so you can do some appointments this year and some next year.
>>
>>39204974
Just replace them all with stem cells
>>
>>39207431

I suppose this doesn't help but there's not really anything to be afraid of. It doesn't hurt or anything. It's just boring. And uncomfortable when they talk to you when you can't reply.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.