[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Noob

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 564754678568568.gif (9KB, 490x367px) Image search: [Google]
564754678568568.gif
9KB, 490x367px
I started doing Mark Rippetoe´s Starting strength program, now on 3rd week.

But Im fat and want to lose some weight, too. 183cm/95kg

Any tips for losing weight but progressing on the program at the same time?
>>
By the way, days when Im not at gym I do some abs and go for 60 minute walk and maintain enough speed to make me sweat
>>
GO MAD
>>
eat at a deficit, your numbers will still go up a bit because you're a beginner
>>
File: image_40.jpg (76KB, 564x846px) Image search: [Google]
image_40.jpg
76KB, 564x846px
If your starting out its best to decide if you want to lose weight OR gain muscle. It hard keeping moral up as it is let alone while trying to do both.

If your fat and want to be skinnier, cut to desired weight then start bulking.

If your fat and want to be stronk lift heavy.

Odds are though that if you are significantly overweight, fixing your diet and regular rigorous activity will bring your weight down SOME
>>
>>39194966
I am, and eating enough protein and fats.
>>
>>39194936
Calculating TDEE and eating at maintainance is good enough for you. You shouldn't gain any more mass unless your aim is specifically powerlifting or riding and bbing, and you shouldn't cut either unless your goal is specifically long distance running or otter.
Track your protein intake, don't neglect your micros and eat clean if you can
>>
>>39194936

you'll lose weight just from strength training, but if you want to lose it faster clean up your diet more and/or do guerilla cardio, basically HIIT

20 minutes of sprinting/jogging or walking (depending on fitness level), excluding warmup ofcourse

if you're heavily overweight do swimming or rowing instead so you don't fuck up your legs
>>
>he fell for the SS mem

6/10 not even read ur post
>>
>>39194936

try actually reading the book.

iirc the main dietary goal for fat guys in the book is eat whatever you eat now but cut the sugar intake. which probably, for most overweight guys equates to stop drinking soda.
>>
Learn to swim and eat at a deficit

swimming will burn fat like crazy and work every major muscle group in your body. You won't get big, but you'll form a solid base from which to bulk once you've cut to a desirable level.

Swimming is god tier cardio
>>
>>39195525

hey, apropos swimmer, how does one get a swimmers body /ottermode without swimming?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.