[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is creatine a meme? A guy at my gym says it makes you absorb

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: pGNC1-2331608dt[1].jpg (87KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pGNC1-2331608dt[1].jpg
87KB, 500x500px
Is creatine a meme? A guy at my gym says it makes you absorb water easily in your muscles or something so you look more buff. But I also read shit about hair loss?

What's the verdict?
>>
File: 1476174321166.jpg (271KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1476174321166.jpg
271KB, 1280x1280px
>>39194853
It's not a meme. You'll lose all your hair in a few months.

>yfw you finally achieve the Jason Statham look
>>
>>39194853

Creatine usually works unless you're some kind of genetic oddity. For some people the cratine doesn't take but if it does the effects are proben.

Creatine saturates your muscles with the fuel they need to bang out another last rep. The effects on your performance aren't huge but they're there.

As a side effect the creatine causes your muscles to retain more water. You will drink a fuckton of water (and piss a ton too) but you'll look more swole.

The hair loss thing hasn't been confirmed by anyone other than bitter 30-somethings who notice their hair starts to go and instead of their age they blame the supplement.
>>
>>39195236

*proven
>>
>>39195236
I've noticed hairloss at 21~22, and everyone in my family has/had a full head of hair.

Before I began creatine, I had very thick and full hair, so it didn't matter losing some.
But holy shit, that one or two percent increase in work capacity isn't worth the risk of hair loss.
>>
>>39194853
I just stopped taking creatine 3 days ago.

My weights haven't gone down but my pump isn't as good anymore which bums me out.

I stopped taking it because my hair line is starting to recede at age 25. But I also have a history of hair loss.
>>
dont start me on this topic tim I kno ma shit.
>>
Why don't you niggas just eat some eggs or something
>>
>>39194853

Like many supplements, you piss most of it out and its basically a placebo effect. Don't waste your money
>>
>>39195417
Top kek. Aside from being the most understood supplement it's also the cheapest. A 1kg bag goes for under $10 and would last you a year.
>>
>>39195306
Thats enough evidence for me to keep away from creatine
>>
>an average person start losing hair
>well fuck, it's that time I guess. older males in my family don't have full heads of hair so I guess it was gonna happen sooner or later

>an autist on /fit/ starts losing hair
>wtf I hate creatine now
>>
>>39195576
fucking kek, screencapped
>>
File: 1477248057809.jpg (1MB, 5648x2664px) Image search: [Google]
1477248057809.jpg
1MB, 5648x2664px
>>39195570
Here is more evidence. This is how my hairline changed in JUST 9 months on creameme. Dont fall for the creatine troll boys
>>
>>39195742
include me in the screencap
>>
>>39195824
i don't see any difference. your distance between the start of the hairline and your eyebrows looks the same to me
>>
>>39194853
you don't need creatine unless you are an elite lifter. you won't see any difference if you are in the novice-late intermediate range. at best creatine allows you to get 1 extra rep out of your muscles when you are dealing with close to 1 RM loads.

save your money
>>
File: BAFFLING.gif (2MB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
BAFFLING.gif
2MB, 360x240px
>>39195824

> Hair loss
>>
>>39195576
>>39196038
>>39195236
Besides the "last rep" effect, creatine also speeds up muscle recovery, so it might be worth it for some begginers.
>>
Why do poeple even doubt about creatine? Most researched supplement EVER, and the "hair loss" is just anecdotal. I responded WAY WAY WAY better to Crea Kong (a creatine-mix, not just monohydrate) that to regular monohydrate. Cheap as fuck, backed up by science, will increase gains, I mean why not?
>>
>>39197176
because memes
>>
protein
>pretty much found in every food group
>/fit/ accepted

creatine
>found in meat and other protein heavy foods
>ugh I don't trust this meme
>>
>>39195541
>1 kg
>1 year

Enjoy not making it, DYEL
>>
Took 5mg a day for a couple months back when I was 19 and I noticed my hair thinning out. I stopped shortly after and my hair grew right back. I'm 22 now and haven't touched the stuff since.

I was making better strength gains while on it than I was without it, and I did look noticeably more swole, but an extra 5 pounds here or there and another rep definitely isn't worth losing my hair over.

Apparently, and I don't have the source for this anymore, but apparently the accelerated balding/thinning only happens if you already have a genetic predisposition to it.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.