[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shit DYELs say/do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4125.jpg (74KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4125.jpg
74KB, 620x349px
>right now, at this very instant, there are weak fags who think scraping your shin when you DL isn't proper form
Explain yourselves.

Also "shit DYELs say" thread
>>
>>39186550
>Also "shit DYELs say" thread
"that's Roger Estep"
>>
>mfw faggots barely dl'ing 3pl8 think they've got proper form
kek you fucking retard
>>
>>39186550
Callisthenics > Weights
>>
>>39186550
Damn that guys juicy, imagine him fucking your girlfriend. Hot
>>
>>39186600
I don't think you know what "form" means.
>>
>>39186550
>talk to anyone at the gym instead of just getting your program done
>>
>I don't powerclean
>>
>I'm doing chest today
>I'm doing back today
>I'm doing core today
>I'm doing legs today
>>
>>39186550
Proper form often leads to scraping, that's why he wears those white socks.
>>
>>39186721
if you're scraping, you're not using proper form.
>>
>>39186585
fpbp
>>
>>39186635
Gotta rest between sets, brah
>>
>>39186728
DYEL confirmed
>>
>>39186834
broscientist confirmed
>>
>>39186848
Lol proper deadlift form =\= information presented as science

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GoYWLualcmc
>>
>>39186874
are you serious?
he has one of the ugliest looking pulls.
>>
>>39186891
>my deadlift form is better than the world's strongest man, even though i pull less than half of what he does

Shit dyels say...
>>
>>39186913
not sure why you quoted me, as I definitely did not say that.
>>
>>39186927
Ok so you agree shin scraping is good form then.
>>
>>39186947
nice fallacy
>>
>>39186956
>nice phallus, no homo
>>
>>39186891
>he has one of the ugliest looking pulls.
Does it really matter how pretty the form looks when he doesn't injure himself and it allows him to pull monster weights?
>>
>>39186956
>i have better form than shin scraping
Brian shaw scrapes shins, so you are implying you have better form than him
>muh fallacy
Kys
>>
>>39186993
Not to him.
But if others would replicate his pull, it wouldn't help them.
Almost no one is his size anyway, so replicating his pull doesn't apply to most.

Reason he pulls like that is because he's not allowed to pull sumo in strongman and he's so big that a normal deadlift is deficit to him.
>>
>>39186913
>mfw faggots with absolute shit form compare their wack pulls to someone going for a world record at all costs who has optimized the pull specifically for his biological stature
Kill yourself pls.
>>
>>39187059
This form is for everyone

Start at 1:57
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VA0_lg0LLPk
>>
>>39187032
>>39187059
You dyel tards act like only brian shaw deadlifts properly

Why do deadlift socks/shin sleeves/shin guards exist??
>>
Shit dyels do
>Starts a shitty, inflammatory thread with no possible outcome of any betterment regarding fitness or any other category
>>
>>39187101
that the equipment exists doesn't mean it's proper lifting.
>>
>>39187117
True.
Except in this case it is absolutely proper form
>>
>>39187116
>fitness is like, your opinion, maan.
Stfu filthy hippy.
If even one noob lifter learns proper deadlift form, this thread is of value.
If even one intermediate lifter fixes his form, this thread is of value.
>>
>bb bench is superior for muscle gain
>>
>>39187127
no, it's not.
keeping the bar as close to the shins as possible is proper form.
scraping your shins isn't.

scraping increases friction, which actually increases the amount of force you have to produce.
it's probably a result of someone not being able to accurately control the bar so that it's very close but not scraping.
>>
>>39187116
have you ever been to any 4chan board ever
>>
>>39187145
>T.faggot who has never diddly with proper form
Just try it.
I guarantee that it will add weight to your lift and you will feel much stronger in the lift.
>>
>>39187167
i've had my fair share of bruised shins.
i've also lifted a while without engaging my lats at all, and found that engaging them only helps a tiny bit.
proper shoulder, hip, and knee positioning is so much more important.

the sticking point for straight-back deadlifts is right off the floor anyway, so it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>39187196
>proper shoulder, hip, and knee positioning is so much more important
I agree.
Proper shoulder and hip position guarantees the bar will scrape up against your shins.

If you focus on getting as much of your body behind the bar as you can, the floor will not be your main sticking point.

I cant even set up with less than 155lb, as if i just get into position with say lmao1pl8, the bar is coming off the ground before i even start pulling, because there is so much tension pulling the bar up just from the set up.
>>
>>39186668
what is PPL, alex?
>>
>>39187236
getting as much as possible with your body behind the bar just isn't how the actual pull is performed.
people do it to load their muscles prior to the lift.

with a straight-back deadlift, the floor will always be the main sticking point.
it's just the most biomechanically demanding part.
>>
>>39187299
Not a routine where you hit chest and not shoulders or have a "core" day
>>
>>39187303
You need to watch
>>39187086

I guarantee you pull like the crossfitter.
1:57 for enlightenment

>getting as much as possible with your body behind the bar just isn't how the actual pull is performed.
Nope as fuck/10
>>
>>right now, at this very instant, there are weak fags who think scraping your shin when you DL isn't proper form
>Explain yourselves.

>Also "shit DYELs say" thread
>>
>>39187306
when people ask what I'm doing today I say chest, not push to not sound like a retard.

But I agree anyone who has a "core" day is a faggot
>>
>>39186801
back to /r/4chan you fuckhead
>>
>>39187347
Saying "chest&shoulders" is just as not retarded
>>
>>39187391
I'm just arguing cause I'm bored man
>>
>>39187414
Then argue against DYELs with bad diddly form
>>
>>39187314
I pull (semi-)sumo, but nice try.
The crossfitter's pull is fine by the way.

Maybe the problem stems from the difference between intent and what actually happens.
The cue or intent to have your body be behind the bar is fine, and can help someone to engage their quads and keep the bar close.
But it's not what really happens in a high performant lift.

In the pull at 7:05, the crossfitter has almost ideal positioning, and the weight goes up very smoothly.
The shitty editing prevents a proper view, but at 7:13 he puts his body (and shoulders) too far back.
Brian screams "yes", but the crossfitters positioning is worse than the pull before.
At 7:14, when he actually lifts the weight, you can see this, because, surprise!, his shoulders go forward.
The body automatically goes in the proper position actually required to lift the weight.

This is also why, besides cueing, positioning only really matters when the bar leaves the floor.
You can do all kinds of weird shit before that.
>>
>>39187429
>hurr the crossfitter was deadlifting better before the world's strongest man fixed his form
Kek.

Shit DYELs say.
>>
>>39187450
I didn't even say that.
Please fully read my post before shitposting.
>>
>>39187463
I did and you are retarded.
I guarantee if you apply his advice you wil lift more, and won't find the floor nearly as sticky.
>>
>>39187489
>hurrr, durrr, you're retarded
nice rebuttal.

find me one video where a strong lifter doesn't have his/her sticking point off the floor but still retains a ramrod straight back.
>>
>>39187514
>hurr you need a proper rebuttal when i say outlandish shit like that i know more about deadlift form than WSM
>>
File: form.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
form.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>form matters
>>
>>39187533
I don't know whether or not Shaw actually believes his shit, or that he just explains it like that to keep things simple and easy to understand, to help as cueing.

Also, being a top level athlete does not mean there aren't people that understand the physics behind your sport better than you do.
Look up research by people who are in biomechanics, and you can find out all this stuff yourself.
>>
File: magik.png (254KB, 403x405px) Image search: [Google]
magik.png
254KB, 403x405px
>>39186550
>taking 4 scoops is enough
>training arms for 7 hours is enough
>being in the top 6% is enough
>eating 11 meals a day is enough
>there's literally nothing wrong with being part of humanity
>>
>>39186550

>I don't wanna get too ripped, just tone up a bit
>>
>>39187570
>don't listen to elite athletes with relevant experience
>listen to DYEL shitposters with bitchmade deadlifts and misinterpreted biomechanics
>>
You guys do know that deadlift form is heavily dependent on anthropometry, right? Biomechanically ideal form for a cannonball mode manlet and a 7 foot tall giant with completely different proportions isn't going to be the same.

Bar against shins is correct for 80%+ of people though, you need a really small femur:torso ratio and/or be pretty fat for that not to be the case. Pretty much everyone whose conventional doesn't have the bar against their shins should be pulling sumo if their sport allows it.
>>
>>39187537
It does indeed. As you have elucidated with your video.
>>
>>39187616
No, listen to people who know this shit, people like Eric Helms for example.
There are a few interviews on YouTube with people like that.

Or read a book on biomechanics and read those studies yourself.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.