[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Injury Advice Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

File: ouch.jpg (56KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ouch.jpg
56KB, 800x600px
I need your help bros.
i started working out 3 months ago.
at the start of this month my shoulder started feeling funny, i didnt care i just powered through.
one day all of a sudden during bench press my shoulder started hurting really badly, like a sharp pain, i brushed it off and continued my routine.
i lowered my workout volume through these couple of weeks due to my shoulder still hurting.
now my shoulder hurts when ever i contract my deltoids or ohp or the like.

should i do some rotator cuff exercises?
should i wait it out and not go to the gym for a couple of weeks?
should i decrease my volume further?
help me /fit/, you're my only hope
>>
>>39158005
Shoulder impingement?
>>
>>39158085
yeah, i think it is something along those lines, but i dont know.
as i said, im pretty new to weightlifting.
the pain has gotten better since i decreased my volume, but its still really annoying
>>
>>39158005
please /fit/, i need your advice.
found some stretches and exercises to relief shoulder pain/fix rotator cuff strain and the like.
they really did help, would it be okay to still lift if i do these stretches and exercises after every workout?
>>
>>39159042
Go to a fucking doctor you stupid mongol
>>
I did my should snowboarding. I went to physio for a year, got a cortisone injection but nothing would work. I could not do heavy bench / press for a year and could not sleep on that side.

About 3 months ago I started taking Turmeric Extract + Pepperine every night before bed and putting voltaren every night and morning.

Fast forward I'm completely cured and am back to lifting PB's with 0 pain.

You can thank me later
>>
>>39159049
yeah, might do it, its free anyway
>>
>>39159077
will check it out
>>
>>39159077
**Shoulder

Search Curcumin
>>
File: 312.jpg (103KB, 680x932px) Image search: [Google]
312.jpg
103KB, 680x932px
>>39158005
Sounds like a typical case of bursitis, takes months to heal.

Take ibuprofen before lifting, it and paracetamol are the only things that will help since it's inflamed.
>>
Piggybacking on this thread

Went to gym yesterday, did alot of dumbell and barbell work. Had DOMS, which was to expected, but now my left arm is fine, my right bicep hurts even more.
>>
>>39159097
alright, will do
>>
>>39159121
Do it, i also had bursitis in my left shoulder which i got from over head pressing. Took a month off lifting completely only for it to come back 2 weeks later after i started lifting again.

Two things fixed it, ibuprofen which helps the inflammation, and pull-ups believe it or not. I also sometimes did things like shoulder dislocate exercises with a rope.
>>
>>39159131
im doing shoulder dislocates as well, started with them today, it feels much better already.
how long ahead of time before lifting did u take anti-inflammation?
>>
>>39159139

An hour give or take before lifting, if that's what you mean.
>>
>>39159149
yeah, that was what i meant, thanks
>>
>>39158005

something similar happened to me, my grip was quite wide and in the end I needed to take nearly 9 months off from pressing (ended up being nearly half a year off lifting in general).

What fixed me good was pinching the head of the triceps as it passes through the shoulder then moving my arm through as full ROM as I could. Combine this with rest, very minimal pressing, and some other stretches and it went away - but not before I did any of this. Just resting wasn't doing much

>>39159042

pain is your guide

>>39159077

sounds like bullshit but I'll look into this

>>39159112

it was yesterday, chill family, probably nothing. Take it easy and, as above, pain is your guide
>>
>>39159160
No worries bro, as for OHP take it easy now and go a little lighter then usual. I only started going full weight again after 2 weeks give or take after taking ibuprofen.
>>
>>39159276
yeah, ohp is also the worst irritant, i have found out
>>
>>39159259
what do you mean about pinching tricep when moving through rom?
your shoulders rom?
>>
>>39159276
do you still take ibuprofen after those 2 weeks?
>>
File: ay.jpg (138KB, 1075x603px) Image search: [Google]
ay.jpg
138KB, 1075x603px
>>39159319
Yes, bursitis doesn't heal after only 2 weeks. I took it for a couple more weeks before stopping it completely.

I went doctor for this originally thinking i had tendinitis, and was recommended ibuprofen after an ultra sound as it is the only thing they give (besides a Cortisone which is a bad idea) and something that works for the inflammation.
>>
>>39159314

one of the tricep heads attaches on the scapula, thus it goes through the shoulder, so yes, shoulder ROM. Sometimes if you are experiencing shoulder pain, maybe as a result of benching, it's worth checking out that there isn't tricep tightness or tendinitis interfering with your mobility.
>>
>>39159369
alright
>>
>>39159341
im a bit short on money, and paracetamol is all i have, do you think it will work okay, i know its not as strong
>>
>tfw tennis elbow,shoulder pain,and strained my lower back
just end this
>>
>>39159399
it will work fine.
>>
>>39159420
thank you so much, u've helped a lot
also, checked
>>
>>39158005
Close grip bench?
>>
>>39159452
i fucked it up on wide grip actually, i was fucking stupid
>>
>>39159451
No worries mate
>>
>>39159488
What happened? Can you bench with your hands closer?
>>
>>39159488

same, I have long arms too so it was always a stupid idea. A little wider than shoulder width is all I do now and it's completely pain free
>>
>>39159532
yep i can, i was just stupid at the time and didnt really think it through, i have always been doing wide grip bench without thinking about it, i just think i was unlucky and it fucked me up.
>>39159535
yeah, the last week i have also been benching with just a little wider than shoulders and it doesnt hurt as bad anymore, what i worst is definitely ohp.
>>
>>39159594
How wide?
>>
>>39159594

on the off chance you have the same issue as me, I damaged the anterior shoulder capsule and inflamed the radial nerve in addition to all this shit about triceps. Take it super easy for a bit on pressing
>>
Sorry for kind of hijacking the thread but,
Anyone knows any oral or ointment supplements after a shoulder dislocation ?

It's happened to me twice,last time was a month ago,got a sling and everything and now my shoulder feels fine but a little bit stiff during push ups and such

Also is 3 month enough before lifting again ?

Thanks anon-senpaitachi
>>
>>39159628
i dont think it is that bad, but i will definitely take it slow on pressing
>>39159616
you know the ruffled part where you would normally hold right? at the end of that theres a like a stripe where its not ruffled and then it becomes ruffled again, i would hold at the stripe.
>marked on pic
>>
>>39159628
Any idea why ohp makes it worse?
>>
>>39159703
well, because its a pressing motion, and you use your shoulder to press?
>>
>>39159792

this t b h

close grip bench probably safer because delts aren't involved as much, very little shoulder flexion
>>
>>39158005
>i didnt care i just powered through.
Stop doing this.

>should i do some rotator cuff exercises?
>should i wait it out and not go to the gym for a couple of weeks?
>should i decrease my volume further?
You should fix your form.
>>
>>39162078
i do, my form was absolute shit at the time of the accident
>>
>>39162633
how much were you lifting?
>>
>>39162844
i know i will get shit.
>132lbs
>>
Try some reverse grip bench press with a lower weight.
>>
>>39158005
Had the same thing happen to me due to shitty form. Don't do any bench presses or flys for now, it could take up to six months to a year to fully heal. Try machine dips and machine incline press to get chest muscle and prevent pain in the mean time.
>>
>>39162894
arent dips bad for your shoulders?
>>
>>39162904
No, they aren't. and the machines help you keep better form since you can't wobble the weight around.
>>
File: 11929605184_0c99945dd8_b.jpg (138KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
11929605184_0c99945dd8_b.jpg
138KB, 1024x576px
Help me /fit/

My elbow joint hurts when I stretch my arm out. When I extend it, there is little to no pain but stretching it out all the way hurts.

How long until a recovery and how should I treat it?
>>
File: 54513.jpg (84KB, 356x422px) Image search: [Google]
54513.jpg
84KB, 356x422px
>>39159703
Physical Therapy student here. If you do in fact have rotator cuff impingement, it's because the head of your humerus is pushing the tendons/soft tissue that attach there into your coracoacromial arch. Likely you had poor form and caused some inflammation. Given that this happened months ago and is still bothering you suggests that your form is still shit and you may now have some degenerative changes in the joint. My best advice is to at least go to a phyiso to get an eval done and a rehab program that is tailored to you, random bullshit you find online likely wont work because it wont target the specific impairments you have.
>>
>>39162938
tennis elbow maybe?
does it hurt when squeezing things?
>>
File: 14247967394770.jpg (137KB, 800x655px) Image search: [Google]
14247967394770.jpg
137KB, 800x655px
>>39158005
I have bicep pain from pull ups. What to do?
>>
>>39159667
I dislocated my shoulder as well and started lifting 5 months later

so far haven't dislocated it again, but I get pain sometimes when bringing dumbbells up for DB shoulder press, or when I bench heavy

mostly fixed it by switching to barbell OHP and starting it from the rack, benching only gives me 1-day pain in one of the tendons in my shoulder

go slow and be careful, and make sure your form is good on anything shoulder related
>>
>>39162953
Nope

We were practicing submissions in MMA and some guy went a bit too much on a submission on my elbow
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.