[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

qtddtot - nothing in the catalog edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 25

File: 1471401079549.jpg (26KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1471401079549.jpg
26KB, 512x384px
How do I strengthen my hamstrings and glutes? They're holding me back on deadlifts.
>>
>>39144758
>hamstrings
leg curls, APT stretches
>>39144758
>glutes
barbell lunges + farmer walk/dumbell lunge combination
>>
>>39144758
take it up the ass
>>
>>39144758
Bulgarian lunges breh.
>>
hey /fit/ in my first three weeks of counting calories I lost 4 kgs. (Trying to get from starting weight of 121 to 100-105ish) So now I'm at 117 and I've been stuck in between 116-117 for 2 weeks. I'm getting worried that I'm not making progress, despite dropping my caloric intake from 2400 to 2200.

Note I drink like 7liters of water a day, and I was eating at 2400 calories and lost 4kgs.
Now either I'm counting wrong (Which I doubt, even if I find it near impossible that I've gone over my calories by 800ish to be eating at a 117kg maintenance weight.

I am so lost, and it's really fucking with my head atm. Anyone have experiencing with "unexplained" progress stalling
>>
>>39144796
>I lost 4 kgs
Most people lose a lot of water weight when they start eating healthier and at a deficit

>2 weeks
Utterly meaningless, just keep going for now
>>
>>39144796
could be water weight, are you visibly getting leaner? weighing yourself AFTER you take a shit, but before breakfast?
>>
>>39144796
You haven't been cutting long enough to be outside of results not masked by changes in water weight.

Ensure you are actually eating 2200 and not miscounting.
>>
>>39144758
If you want to get good at something, do more of it. So if you want to up your deadlift, do more deads. These will build up the required muscles (ass/hamstrings).
>>
Push ups vs neutral push ups?
>>
>>39144817
I understand that a lot of it could be water weight, I'm more concerned that the decline in weight-loss rate could mean I'm stalling or I'm doing something wrong.

>>39144834
Uhm, to be comepletely honest I FEEL better and feel lighter and leaner, but visibly I honestly can't tell. I look in the mirror everyday so I'm used to what I see and can't tell the difference. I weigh myself at random times desu senpai. Mostly weigh myself after I eat in the afternoon cause I weigh myself at the gym since our scales at home suck balls.
>>
>>39144902
Whatever you enjoy most and progress best on.

Adherence > Progression >>> Exercise selection
>>
>>39144907
Few notes:
>decline in weight-loss rate could mean I'm stalling or I'm doing something wrong.
Your water weight fluctations (that is, gain in water weight, haven't taken a big shit, big meal night before etc) could hide actual fat loss. If I lose 1lb fat, but weigh in after a meal, that fat loss would be hidden on the scales.
> I FEEL better
and
> I look in the mirror everyday
Do NOT base progress on subjective feelings. Otherwise when you have a shit day, you look in the mirror, feel like shit and change your diet. Objective measurements win out every time. Tape measures, calipers, scales. These are the tools you should be using. Not mirrors and emotions.
>Mostly weigh myself after I eat in the afternoon cause I weigh myself at the gym since our scales at home suck balls.
Buy a scale and weigh yourself in the morning before you consume anything but after you shit/piss. Gives you comparable numbers.
>>
>>39144937
thanks so much, this is some golden information and helped a bunch.
>>
I can't hold my deadlift anymore and my hands are too small for hookgrip
my left hand is the one that keeps failing on me
which hand should be the one that's turned around and which should overgrip when going for mixed grip?
or do you alternate hands from time to time
help
>>
>>39145005
>which hand should be the one that's turned around and which should overgrip when going for mixed grip?
Typically non-dominant. But whatever feels most comfortable.
>>
>>39145017
thank you anon
>>
>>39144758
If you don't have any lifting shoes, step on some small plated to raise you heels when you squat. This activates the hamstrings more. Also high bar squat and front squat will increase your quad activation, OP.

Godspeed.

>>39144796

Try not to increase the deficit too much, use multiple calculators to work out your maintenance, then eat at -500 calorie deficit consistently and the weight will eventually shed. Don't forget that by adding water you will be retaining more liquid (salt also does this) so the scale may be adding water to your weight.

Try weighing yourself each morning after a piss.

Godspeed.

>>39144902
Whatever is more comfortable for your scapula, and whatever you are more likely to stick to consistently.

Godspeed.
>>
>>39145005
Non dominant when maxing out, but alternate to avoid muscle imbalances and the incredibly rare torn bicep syndrome.

Godspeed.
>>
Just started doing Pendlay rows. Seems like when I'm about to fail a rep I end up lifting up my back like a deadlift. Is this normal?
>>
>>39145047
>Godspeed
>Godspeed
>Godspeed
Flash fans triggered.
>>
Been doing stronglifts for about 3 months now. I've gained 18lbs (150 to 168). I think a lot of that weight has gone to my stomach though. I have definitely gotten stronger (especially legs), but I haven't noticed much of a difference in my upper body.
>250 squat
>155 bench
>125 row
>110 ohp
>240 deadlift

Bench and row aren't giving me much trouble, I know I can do the next few workouts. However, I'm starting to struggle with squat and overhead press. I failed a set for the first time (squats at 250), and almost failed overhead press today.

Is a little belly fat to be expected? I can no longer see my ribs, so that's nice. But I'm no longer a 32 waist size
>>
>>39145081
Yeah it's an easy way to cheat. Remember the movement is a pull through the elbows and if you can't help but cheat reps look to deload.
>>
>>39145110
Also forgot to mention, I've been eating A LOT more, and I drink 30g protein on workout days (mon/wed/fri) after workout, and 30g casein every night.
>>
>>39145110
>18 lb
>3 months
That rate of gain is higher than any recommendation given out. You should be adding 3-4lb a month TOPS. You are limited in how much muscle you can build in a month.
>Belly fat?
Yes when you gain weight you will incur some fat gain (although I think you are gaining too fast, too much fat). Typically it will go to your stomach and lower back first as a guy.
>Stalling on Squat
Deload, if you have to deload twice, program is finished
>Stalling on OHP
Expected, deload.
>>
>>39145081
Try to leave the arms somewhat loose, and pull the elbows to the roof almost. Try to focus on activating your lats but if you are going to cheat, remember to keep that lower back neutral.

Godspeed.

>>39145110
Stronglifts is very lower body focused, as you squat every workout. The main priority is to grain strength which squats do on a major level. A little bit of BF% increase is to be expected on and bulk, I believe one you stall 3 times you are supposed to drop back to 3x5 and after continual stalling, if you are eating and sleeping enough it's time to look into a new program, I recommend Texas Method as a progression from Stronglifts.

Godspeed.
>>
Anyone notice over the last few days image/WebM links have changed from i.4cdn/image to is.4chan/image? It loads super slow but if I change it to i.4cdn, it'll load just fine.
>>
File: 1365306239907.jpg (118KB, 725x1102px) Image search: [Google]
1365306239907.jpg
118KB, 725x1102px
so should I adjust my caloric deficit if I'm not losing weight anymore while cutting?
>>
File: 1433300659941.jpg (91KB, 702x397px) Image search: [Google]
1433300659941.jpg
91KB, 702x397px
What do you do to pump yourself for lifting?

I just recently got injured (almost beheaded myself) while lifting and I feel a bit squeamish with larger volume.
Even if I know that I can lift that weight due to my progression, I get scared of reaching my failure too quickly, fuck everything and kill myself. For that reason I tend to rack the weight before I'm even close to reach my failure, or do too little weight.

You could also rephrase the question as: How do I stop being a scared little bitch?
>>
>>39145152
Yes. Fuck I hate how slow it loads now. Chinkmoot opens up donations and makes site even shitter with more money.
>>
>>39145166
Safeties for bench, learn how to fail a squat. No other lift should provide an immediate perilous danger.
>>
>>39145161
Yes
>>
>>39145166
>almost beheaded myself
You can't just leave it at that. Explain.
>>
>>39145136
Why is the program finished if I deload twice? And I just started running again (Tues/thur/sat), 3 miles. Could the running be messing with my squats? Like could the running cause me to not be getting enough rest?

I can't really stop running, in the military so I gotta cardio.

And for the weight gain, I guess it's been 5 months not 3, but only been lifting for 3
>>
>>39145221
>Like could the running cause me to not be getting enough rest?
Certainly a possibility, yes.

>Why is the program finished if I deload twice
It's an indication that linear progression has finished and slower progression is required. Granted SS/SL etc are linear progression based routines, once linear progression has ended they are no longer the best option. Texas Method is the next logical step.
>>
>>39144758
lowbar squats
>>
Can someone tell me >why< I need to start on SS and can't just jump right into an intermediate routine?
As well as why I get such a hard time from the community here for asking about modifying SS?
I just want a damn routine that won't waste my time
>>
File: CCMPo5eW8AA1yco.png (132KB, 599x360px) Image search: [Google]
CCMPo5eW8AA1yco.png
132KB, 599x360px
>>39145178
I have a spotter for bench and I use a smith machine for squatting since I have a fucked up hip (genetic).

>>39145182
>calf raise
>use a step platform-like thing that my gym has
>everyone uses it for calf raise
>step on it
>unrack the weight
>notice that I forgot to put some weight on the platform
>2late.mov
>platform tips over
>trip
>the platform's side directing right to my mouth
>the barbell is resting on the back of my neck
>once i hit the platform with my mouth, it'll bring my head upwards
>once i hit the platform, the bar will bring my neck down
>opposing forces
>"Homosexual beheads himself with local guillotine"
>PANIC
>push the bar from my neck as quick as posible and throw it in front of me
>I was barely quick enough
>impact the platform with my mouth and split my lip
>bleeding a whole fucking lot
>but alive

Granted, it probably wouldn't have killed me, but it would have been a really nasty injury. I can't believe I was such an idiot.
>>
>>39145325
There's one thing you may notice from virtually all beginner routines. They have you lift heavy 3 times a week. That's because only beginners recover well enough to do that. If we could, we'd lift heavy 3x a week every week until we died. You should take advantage of that ability as much as you can. Intermediate programs don't make you stronger 3x a week because an intermediate lifter can't recover 3x a week.

You don't have to do SS but you should do a strength based beginner program. Greyskull LP might be more up your alley.
>>
File: fml.png (3MB, 2452x1412px) Image search: [Google]
fml.png
3MB, 2452x1412px
I have zipper abs. One of my middle abs on the left side is significantly larger than all the other ones. I've come to terms with this. However, I noticed that I have a muscle right below my clavicle that looks like another collar bone but ONLY on the right side. I don't really have to flex to see it in real life nor do I need a pump, but it is obviously way more noticeable if I have a pump. There is NOTHING on the other side when I flex.

What will fix this? Dumbbell bench? I've only been doing regular flat bench. Pic related is sort of what I have on one side.
>>
>>39145325
>I need to start on SS and can't just jump right into an intermediate routine?
As a beginner the weights you lift do not cause a level of fatigue that you are unable to recover from before your next training session. Thus your programming should be built around session-by-session progression.

As an intermediate, the weights you lift are heavy enough that you need ~ a week to recover. Thus your programming should be built around weekly progression.

>As well as why I get such a hard time from the community here for asking about modifying SS?
There is a whole chapter in the book that exists purely to chew you out for even thinking of modifying SS. You are a rank novice, you have no knowledge in the area of fitness training, who the fuck are you to modify a training routine both assembled by a professional coach and also proven to work by thousands the world over.
>>
Which is better for gaining muscle mass?
Built like a badass or Greyskull LP?
>>
>>39145413
Genetics, bro just get ripped anyway
>>
I'm 6' and wear size 30 pants (i guess that means a 30" waist right?) anyway I'm just wondering if anyone could tell me what measurements (arms, shoulders etc.) I'd need to achieve so people can tell I lift when I'm wearing a shirt. I'm naturally very lean so 3 months lifting has meant I look half decent by normie standards with no shirt.
>>
So today my friends told me that milk can't be fully digested by your body (you don't get protein from it).
Should I kill them?
>>
>>39144758
wtf why would the shit be at the top of the toilet paper? wouldnt it be on the other side, pretty stupid and make no sense!!c
>>
>>39145440
Which ever one you are most likely to stick with.
>>
>>39145617
I just don't understand where all these retarded ideas about nutrition come from. It's one thing to be ignorant on a subject, but spewing nonsense like it's objective fact is so common. Imagine someone saying you should roll down your car windows to improve horsepower. That's how retarded the stuff normies say about fitness
>>
>>39145617
homocide would be a justified response anon
>>
>>39145725
>HOMOcide

Something you want to tell us, Anon?
>>
>>39145750
yeh i was implying he should rape his friends to death for being that stupid whats ur point
>>
why do i get a better pump when doing dips and pushups than barbells and dumbells
>>
File: a-pull-up-bar.jpg (101KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a-pull-up-bar.jpg
101KB, 1200x1200px
Are home pull-ups bars a meme?
>>
How do I OHP properly? I can't get a hang on this hip motion Rippetoe talks about in the book. It's just not clicking and I'm worried I'm hurting my back doing it wrong.
>>
>>39146112
Wanted to add real quick I've watched the youtube video and I still don't understand it. I feel like I'm moving my lower back too much during it and that I'm not really feeling the "rebound" Rip talks about when I come off my hip thrust forward. It's really fucking up my OHP, I'm literally about to stall at the gym right now over this.
>>
>>39145340
>fucked up hip genetic
>can't squat
>can squat with smith machine
Well memed
>>
>>39146065

No they work..

But you aren't going to get big doing pullups/chin ups.
>>
>>39146065
They work as intended, but only up to a 100 kg.
>>
>>39145060
didn't thank you yet so
thank you
hopefully we'll never rip our biceps apart
>>
>>39146145
http://stronglifts.com/overhead-press/
>>
if i have to have a cheat meal what is less "gain ruining", savoury fatty foods or sweet sugary foods?
>>
File: 183738939404.png (49KB, 500x319px) Image search: [Google]
183738939404.png
49KB, 500x319px
I am moving onto intermediate lifts and I have a question for your guys after 6.5 months of Stronglifts 5x5.

How effective is PPL (specifically CoolCicadas version) for gains, muscle size, and the ability to continue upping my lifts?

Will I see a decent increase in muscle size? Will I be able to keep progressing on my main lifts?

Also how tweak-able is PPL, and are there any recommended ones besides the one I mentioned?

Thanks guys.
>>
>>39146212
This is objectively false, but it is required to add weight after a while.
>>
I have been 150-155 pounds for about 5 years now. Have not gained or lost any real weight. Been lifting for a little over 2. I'm bigger and have muscle now but I still weigh the exact same and I've pretty much plateaued for a year. How do I gain weight? Calculators say I need to eat over 3000 calories a day but that is simply not possible, there must be another way
>>
File: 1476842567302.gif (944KB, 275x428px) Image search: [Google]
1476842567302.gif
944KB, 275x428px
>>39146427
Anytime, my friend.

We're all gonna make it.

Godspeed.
>>
>>39145104
Meena :(
>>
>>39146658

Eat more calories.

No, seriously, that's the only real way to gain weight in the long term. Nobody gets to defy physics.
>>
>>39146674
Not that guy, but what are some good calorie dense foods?
I eat 3 relatively big meals a day, but still think I'm not eating enough
>>
>>39146658
roids
>>
>have taken 9 ducolax tablets over the last 3 days
>downed 6 cups of coffee
>not even a rumble from my tummy
Its been 14 days guys what do i do
>>
>>39146692

Milk is the age-old favourite for a reason, along with other dairy. Stuff like peanut butter (actually nuts in general, they're way heavier on calories than you'd think) is a staple as well.

When it comes to meats, the fattier the cut the more calorie dense it'll be (at the cost of lower protein per serving). Slow cooker cuts like pork shoulder will be a ton more calories than lean steak or chicken breast.
>>
>>39146694
>implying roids will make you bigger without a caloric surplus
ask me how I know you're DYEL
>>
>>39144907
weigh yourself at the same time everyday. seriously.
>>
>>39146741
if he does a low dose test cycle and eats the same he will gain at least 10 pounds
>>
>>39146635
If you want to focus on strength do a strength based routine. Texas method, 5/3/1 etc. If you want to focus on hypertrophy with added strength as a side dish, do the PPL.
>>
>>39146763
>he will gain at least 10 pounds
of water
>>
>>39146728
thanks
I wish peanut butter wasn't as expensive here
>>
>>39146767
the body is 70% water
>>
I'm looking for one of the pullup bars? Are there any good ones or does it not really matter?
>>
>>39146584

eating those foods won't "ruin" your gains, you'll just gain more fat than you want along with the muscle
>>
>>39146847
i just mean, what is worse? sugar will spike insulin and therefore i will store more fat, r-right?
>>
Redpill me on Klokovâ„¢ press
Is it any good?

Also, my back hurts after 40kg ohp but not after 100+ kg diddly

What am i doing wrong
>>
>>39146584
depends on the food, if your savoury fatty food is beef then go for it
>>
Is there something like a list or directory of different workout routines (like SS, TM) for all levels? Like the best routines in one place.
>>
Is muscle memory real? Will I build these muscles up easier the second time? Worked out in highschool now I'm 23 and wanna get back to it.
>>
>>39146920
Yep. Don't know exactly why, but you can build up to the point you were before much much quicker than the first time.
>>
>>39144758
bycicle dude
>>
>>39146908
>What am i doing wrong
The OHP, brace your core better
>>
>>39146915
http://www.powerliftingtowin.com/powerlifting-programs/
>>
How do I do barbell rows without falling forward or feeling like my back is gonna snap in two?
>>
When should you change routines? I've been on a good full body routine for some months, but I'm a retard and my form and nutrition was really off so I made very little, if any gains. Now I really hate the routine, it's making lifting boring for me. Do I change routines?
>>
>>39146915
novice - SS or 5x5 stronglifts
novice-intermediate - candito linear program or 5/3/1
intermediate - seiko or candito
>>
>bench 3x8-12 3/4pl8
>can feel my pecs
>noob gains incoming
>decide to try 5x5 for some strength
>don't feel shit
>load up 1pl8
>still can't feel anything
is there really such a big difference between 5x5 and 3x8?
should I continue doing 5x5 despite not feeling shit until it gets hard? want to put on some mass
>>
>>39147009
The best training routine is the one that you adhere to, within reason of course but if you love bro splits and get in there and work your ass off 5 days a week, you will do better than if you half ass SS
>>
>>39146908
is it the upper or the lower back? in case it's the former your traps suck, in case it's the later your core sucks
>>
>>39147067
if you want muscle mass don't train in strength ranges like 5x5
>>
>>39147081
do you think my not even 1pl8 bench is enough to put on mass?
thought about getting some strength first and then working for hypertrophy
>>
>>39147081
Other anon here.

I-is this true? I always thought it would give me more mass because i lift much heavier?

>tfw i'm never gonna make it
>>
>>39147097
>>39147110
Strength and size and linked but not correlational. If you train for stregth you'll gain some mass, and the other way around. If you want hypertrophy you need to go for the 3x8-12, use the weight necessary to give you a pump and have relatively short resting time between sets. Now, if you want both hypertrophy and strength there are some great mixed routines but still, don't expect the optimal results you'd see in a routine aiming for on one thing.
>>
>>39147174
Thank you! As I'm still a beginner I think I'll go for some strength first and deal with less mass.
Don't want to bench <1pl8 forever and ever.

Is there some point at which it's worth it to switch to hypertrophy? 1/2/3/4 perhaps?
>>
Should I lift with only 3 hours sleep last night? I've had to skip 3 sessions and have been inconsistent lately due to illness.
>>
File: tumblr_o1avxeX1441uj6h65o1_1280.jpg (229KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1avxeX1441uj6h65o1_1280.jpg
229KB, 1000x1000px
So I took a double dose of hydrocodone last night with a rather large meal and am feeling kind of bloated and full right now. I'm going to go lift in a few hours, probably with only one hydro in me (may just skip it depending on how my pain is).

Would I be ok to go without eating anything beforehand?
>>
Is OHP + bench alongside rows and lunges for 3x8 with dumbbells too much?
>>
>>39147071
Lower
And yeah it could be the bracing issue, ill work on that>>39146946
>>
>>39147333
Who is this thicc spicc
>>
>>39147453
https://www.instagram.com/emilyhelenbarry/?hl=en
>>
>>39147333
>hydrocodone
what are you taking the hydro for?
>>
File: bulk-muscle-300x262.jpg (25KB, 300x262px) Image search: [Google]
bulk-muscle-300x262.jpg
25KB, 300x262px
>>39144758
I'm on my first bulk +250-350 cals per day (Started 2 weeks ago) I already gained 2 kgs since then, Is it water weight or am i overdoing it? My lifts have been going up ever since i started.

Another question, Do i bother with ab work and cardio while bulking?

Thanks in advance
>>
>>39147570
I tripped and fell in one of my classes on Tuesday, and it's hurt to breathe since. Went to the hospital yesterday and there was no sign of fracture or damage to the lung. The doc thinks I just hit the thoracic nerve in a sweet spot and that it should recover on it's own, so they just sent me home with some painkillers.

It doesn't hurt to move anything. Only when directly pressed on or when I breathe in, but the painkiller seems to knock it out fine. And since I handle pain meds well and since I'm not really physically limited I might as well keep up the routine
>>
Dumb place to ask but I trust /fit/

My grandfather just died and left me a large inheritance (145k immediately, another 100k following his estate being sold)

What do I do with the money? I was thinking that 100k is immediate investing. I want 5k just to split up between people who have helped me out in life. Realistically, I can live pretty easily off 10k a year. I have no debts or bills to pay. I work part time, and go to university.

Does anyone have any investment ideas? Should I spend 100k on roids and numb the pain of losing my only last family member?
>>
File: 1463982743039.jpg (496KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
1463982743039.jpg
496KB, 1000x667px
>>39144758
>hams

Lowbar squats.

>Glutes

Barbell hip thrusts....
or as I like to call them, Imaginary fatgirl air fucks.
>>
>>39147599
Could be water weight, it's hard to tell at the start, just try to only gain 700g-1Kg a week. And lift ~80% of your 1RM for your normal sets.

>Do i bother with ab work and cardio while bulking?
100% yes for abs, and it's up to you for cardio, you can just make your workouts more intense or do the stair walker after you workouts for 10-20 minutes.
>>
File: teen-15~01.jpg.jpg (73KB, 394x900px) Image search: [Google]
teen-15~01.jpg.jpg
73KB, 394x900px
>>39144758
Why is it the day after I work out I NEED to fap? Like my balls fucking ache and I need to cum? Does working out make you hornier or something?
>>
>>39147599
it could be water/glycogen storage etc. especially if you just came off a cut.

if it doesn't slow down though then you're eating more than a 250-350 surplus.

its not necessary to train abs if you're doing the heavy compounds. it would be wise to keep up a general level of fitness through some cardio

>>39147367
it is if you're an arthritic, asthmatic 80 year old

>>39147258
you should lift.

>>39147219
>>39147174
the 'hypertrophy rep range' doesn't exist, or at the very least is inconsequentially better for hypertrophy. train something tangible like strength and mass will come.

also shorter rest times are not correlated with hypertrophy.

>>39147009
change when it stops working (assuming you've been doing it correctly)

a 'fun' routine that isn't boring is always going to be the one that gets you the results you're after.

>>39147003
get a stronger back. probably don't lean over as much as you do.

>>39146868
depends when you take it. if you want a sugary snack you can have it before a workout and it would be useful.

in general, the savoury fatty option would be better in terms of macros - if calorie equated.

>>39146832
whichever bar holds your weight and fits your door

>>39146658
>3000 calories
>simply not possible
i think you need to dream bigger, anon.
>>
>>39147628
Exercise and good diet increase your test levels, m8. Combine that with the fact that working out can reduce mental symptoms that might interfere with sexual health, and you've got a good set up for getting horny
>>
>>39147639
>the 'hypertrophy rep range' doesn't exist, or at the very least is inconsequentially better for hypertrophy. train something tangible like strength and mass will come.
>also shorter rest times are not correlated with hypertrophy.
how new, read more
>>
>>39145340
That is an impressive way of killing yourself.
>>
File: 6131656546516.jpg (7KB, 168x300px) Image search: [Google]
6131656546516.jpg
7KB, 168x300px
>>39147661
kek

you can go back to your bodybuilding forums now
>>
>>39147640
How do I stop it, my boners are interfering with my work
>>
>>39147661
He's right, son. Myofibrilar and sarcoplasmic hypertrophy both occur in strength training in general. The ratios to each type of hypertrophy differ by training protocol, but the difference is largely minimal outside of advanced-level strength training
>>
>>39146766
But will I still progress on the main lifts as long as I am eating well on PPL? How often will the weight go up?

pls ansa dis

>>39147063
no tex met? or ppl?
>>
>>39147981
>no tex met? or ppl?
Those are good too, the ones I mentioned are my own preferences and what I'd do myself if i was a beginer.
>>
>>39147622
Open your own gym
>>
Can I smoke weed on rest days ?
>>
>>39144758

This is my current pull workout:

Deadlifts, 3x5
Pullups, 4x
T-bar rows, 3x10
Hammer curls, 3x12
Preacher curls, 3x12
Shrugs, 3x12

This is what I'm thinking of changing it to. I'm moving deadlifts to legs day so I can do more upper back exercises to even out the pull to push ratio:

Pullups, 5x
Barbell rows, 3x8-10
Lat pulldowns, 3x10-12
Face pulls, 3x12
Hammer curls, 3x12
Preacher curls, 3x12
Shrugs, 3x12

What do you reckon?
>>
I'm kinda lost on what to do now.

I've been lifting for about 6-7 months while giving zero fucks about my diet, other than not drinking soda and eating fast food. After some consideration, turns out I mostly lifted on maintenance/bulk.

However, I've always been a skinnyfat fucker with bitch tits and noodle arms, and those two factors that I hate about my body have barely changed at all. My arms are still scrawny and my chest remains flabby. And this is my conflict:

If I want bigger arms, I should be bulking and adding more volume on my routine. However, if I want to remove my bitch tits, I should be cutting and reducing the volume on my routine. So I don't know what the fuck I should be doing now.

I'm a 24 years old male, 6,1" tall, weighing 189 lbs and with ~19% body fat (last time I've measured was one year ago). Following Phrak's GSLP routine.
>>
>>39144758
romanian deadlift
>>
I did my first ever workout on Tuesday
However I'm still sore from it and I was planning to go to the gym tonight, should I go and use light weights or should I not go at all and go when I'm no longer sore?
>>
File: 1474430012294.jpg (56KB, 500x870px) Image search: [Google]
1474430012294.jpg
56KB, 500x870px
yo my dudes

i just lost like 50kgs how do i know if this shit on my stomach is loose skin or fat
>>
>>39148325

help pls
>>
>>39148287
No.

Weed is cancer for your gains. Same with alcohol and any other drugs
>>
Where should I feel my deadlifts?
>>39148471
Go to the gym, work out normally. Push through the DOMS.
>>
>>39148735
>Where should I feel my deadlifts?
I think lower back, glutes and hamstrings is the right answer, but i don't feel anything in my glutes though.
>>
>>39148640
You should be able to tell. If you look like an old man or a raisin, it's loose skin
>>
Back squats have never felt natural for me, I struggled for a long time, used lifting shoes, stretched etc, but the form never felt good. Recently I started alternating them with front squats, which feel amazing, I'm up to just over 90kg 3x5 with them. My question is I'll need to move to an intermediate routine soon, would it be ok to do front squats and not back squats, and maybe some hip thrusts as an accessory? Obviously I'm deadlocking and stuff as well, I just don't want to miss out on glute/ham gains (even though I feel front squats more in my glutes than back squats)
>>
>>39148735

My shoulders are where the main soreness is, if I do a mock lat pulldown they hurt a lot and feel like they're tearing, should I still go to the gym tonight?
>>
When bulking, should I be eating above maintenance EVERY day or only during workout days?

For instance, my current routine brings me to the gym 4 days per week. Should I eat above maintenance for those four days only?
>>
File: IMG_0310.jpg (348KB, 950x1186px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0310.jpg
348KB, 950x1186px
>>39148916
E'ry day.
>>
>>39148810
It's all about body mechanics and finding a routine you'll stick to. If you're not training to be a competitor in the lifting sports, go where you want to.
>>
>>39147003
I've found sitting back into my hips helps.
Also lowers strain on the lower back and stops me from using momentum to move the bar.
>>
I have a knee injury I am waiting to heal before I begin doing squats. I want to begin the starting strength routine. Are there alternative exercises that are easier on the knees than the squat I can use as my knees heal?
>>
Can i replace pendlay rows with DB rows and pull ups? I hurt my erectors last workout and it's causing me to miss some days in the gym.

I do DL, and squat still is this enough for my back as a beginner routine?
>>
>>39149127
is this routine any good?
>>
>>39149597
It's an old school/pre steroids bulking routine. It's legit.

>>39149531
Not really, you should rehab your knee first.

>>39149584
Rest and heal. No need to go to injury.
>>
>>39149622
I am resting, not lifting until it is gonenjust working on stretching and mobility. I was talking about after i heal.
>>
>>39149638
Knee or back?
>>
>>39149652
It's lower back, i think i had tight hamstrings and didn't keep my back flat. I just don't want to over work my erectors since i have had some lower back issues in the past, and im already doing squat and dl.
>>
What can I do to ease the soreness of a workout? I hear protein shakes help, but I'm a fatass (losing weight). Or am I thinking wrong that a protein shake is bad if I'm trying to lose weight?
>>
>>39149689
Not much you can do besides maybe cooling. When you start working out more often there is no more soreness
>>
Would literally cutting off my balls lower my test? I think I'm coming up with a plan.
>>
>>39149687
Squat and DL will do it. Look up Bill Starr's back rehab program to do proper good mornings and strengthen the region.
>>
When I look in the mirror from the left angle I can see my abs very well. But from the right side I can barely see it. What should I do besides killing myself?
>>
>>39149730
Keep your date to your left.
>>
>>39149738
I could also hit her in the left eye
>>
>>39149728
Good idea i will check it out after work
>>
>>39149763
It's fat deposits. You could try a stack to burn it more efficiently. But overall, it's gotta come off in its own time.
>>
>>39144772
Finally, an exercise that I can do!
>>
>>39149870
Alright. I can't use EC stack as it's illegal in my country. Normal cutting will hopefully do it in a few months.
>>
File: IMG_2418.png (36KB, 587x436px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2418.png
36KB, 587x436px
>>39149908
Yohimbe?

You can also try heating the area prior to your workout. "Stubborn fat" has a low blood flow which impedes lipolysis. You probably won't ever notice anything, but it's worth a shot.
>>
Is there a good bodyweight program that includes a pullup bar ? I want to start with weightlifting but I can't afford both barbell and pullup bar
>>
>>39149968
Not sure about that, it's probably hard to get. Even shit like fish oil and vitamins are regulated. Highest Vitamin D supp I found has 600IU.

Have you tried Yohimbine before? I read somewhere that it's kind of a meme.
>>
>>39150001
Suppliments only work as well as they work. It's an aid, not a cheat.
>>
>>39144795
Answering your own questions. Why do you need 4chan if you can do this? :-(
>>
Are fat binding pills just a meme? If not, what are a good brand I can buy in the UK? Obviously got a good diet and exercise inb4 reeeeeee
>>
When doing ppl am I supposed to go crazy on all 6 days or should I go light on the next 3 days?
Not sure if I'm being a bitch or not
>>
>>39150075
yes, they are products for retards to make other people rich. You can accomplish the same effect of buying the pills by just throwing your money down the toilet.
>>
Long story short I might get expelled from college for sending a classmate a homework assignment. If that happens should I
>go to community college with intention of transferring back to 4 year
>join the military
>become a PT/bodybuilder/turn in my natty card
>kill myself
>>
Do regular jackknives work the obliques? Or do I have to do side jacknives or other stuff?
>>
If i lift 4 days a week, can i do cardio on a rest day, or does that defeat the point of a "rest" day?
>>
>>39150333
you'll probably be fine.
>>
>>39150333
I'm not a lifter, but that shouldn't be a problem. Be sure to eat enough though.
>>
>>39150401
>I'm not a lifter
>disregard opinion
>>
File: 8ALT9gz.png (844KB, 496x1268px) Image search: [Google]
8ALT9gz.png
844KB, 496x1268px
Is nofap a meme? I normally have some insane libido but after cutting and a lack of sleep it was non existent. I went over a month without beating it.

Is it healthy to beat off every few days? Just to exercise that part of you? I feel like my sex drive is a lot better when I fap every 3 or 4 days rather than never fap at all.
>>
>>39150432
How about you fuck off mate?
>>
>>39150462
better yet, how about you fuck off.

>>39150454
>Is nofap a meme?
yes

>after changing my diet and not getting sleep, my fap habits changed
gee, I wonder why...

>Is it healthy to beat off every few days?
yes
>Just to exercise that part of you?
fore more reasons than just that
>I feel like my sex drive is a lot better when I fap every 3 or 4 days rather than never fap at all.
ok
>>
>>39150401
Seriously though why are you responding to my post if you dont lift?
>>
>>39149991
can anybody answer me pls
>>
>>39150496
>>Just to exercise that part of you?
>fore more reasons than just that

What other reasons?
>>
>>39150498
It's called common sense.
>>
>>39150548
release of hormones and chemicals, flush out prostate and keep it healthy, etc etc etc.
>>
how do i get bigger wrists

it's impossible isn't it ;-;
>>
>>39150555
it's called you're a retard and you have no idea what you're talking about. Stop shitting this place up and don't respond unless you have actual knowledge of the questions asked. That's common sense.
>>
>>39149991
>>39150502
>Is there a good bodyweight program
"no"

>>39150590
you invent a time machine and have your mother get impregnated by someone who isn't a limp wristed faggot.
>>
Poor fat week bastard here. ( like an actual bastard)

I found a pair of 25lb dumbbells when cleaning out a basement on a side job.

Ive been using them every other day, but i dont think im doing this right.

Ive been doing 4x10 curls, 4x10 hammer curls, 4x10 skull crushers and 4x10 wrist curls and extentions.

In addition ive been doing basic body weight stuff.

Is this an ok start, especially for my arms. They are way to fucking weak. By the 4th set about 6 in i feel tyem failing and just push through till the 10th rep.
>>
>>39150597
It seems like you seem to think that lifting weights is the only way to fatigue your body and get stronger. Piss off with your superiority complex, you ignorant fuck.
>>
>>39150629
>but i dont think im doing this right.
yeah, you're not. You're just fucking around and not actually doing a routine.
>>
>>39150634
nice strawman. Please kill yourself.
>>
>>39150654
Good counter, faggot
>>
>>39150678
you're a really sad pathetic person. I feel really sorry for you.
>>
>>39144758
What is an ideal weight for a 176 cm (5'9) guy?

I was 95 kg and I'm now at 76.5 kg. Should I go even lower?

Which weight do you recommend me?
I'm doing SS btw. I know this will fuck up my linear gains but I still want to lose weight.
>>
>>39150745
for a manlet your height, ~150lbs with around 10% bf.
>>
>>39150713
Do you honestly think this hurts my feelings? Stay ignorant, I don't give a shit.
>>
>>39150787
>Stay ignorant
that's the saddest part, you don't even realize you're the ignorant one. And you clearly give a shit. Please feed me more (You)s
>>
>>39150783
>8 kg less

Probably will take me like 4 or 5 months. Hope my gains don't vanish.
>>
>>39150647
Where can i find a good no gym poor fag routine.
>>
>>39150634
I'm the guy who asked the question. This has nothing to do with what the best way is to fatigue your body - i'd just prefer to hear from people who have experience doing the specific thing that i'm trying to.

If you asked a question about, say, running, and then a guy responds with "well i'm not a runner but i'd think that _____," his advice would be next to worthless. I can already "think" and use my own "common sense" without others doing it for me. I'd like to hear from someone with experience. So kindly fuck off.
>>
>>39150832
>good
you can't
>>
>>39150872
Ok. Ill just stay a hamplanet then.
>>
>>39150881
>hamplanet
if you want to lose weight, just learn to eat right (cheaper since you'll eat less). If you want to get healthier, run around the block (free). If you want to look like you work out, you'll need gym equipment, no way around it.
>>
My creatin just arrived in the mail, its 8 pm.
Can i just take some now before i start loading tomorrow? (Do i need to load at all?)
>>
File: IMG_0530.jpg (877KB, 1562x4158px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0530.jpg
877KB, 1562x4158px
>>39150502
I like Convict Conditioning. Pic related is also good.
>>
>>39150893
Why. All you guys talk about are free weights.

Well I found some actual free weights. Now i want to use them till the new discount gym opens up near me. ( a planet fitness)
>>
>>39150928
you do not need to load at all, just start taking your daily 5g dose now.
>>
>>39150958
when people talk about free weights, they mean barbells and plates. A couple of low weight dumbells will get you no where.
>>
What to do if you've overeaten your carb intake? My girl made damplings today and I got carried away. Should I cut my carb intake tomorrow?
>>
what are those extreme weighloss literal poison pills called that are sometimes discussed here on fit? Not going to take them just need to know the name for something
>>
>>39150994
sure. Or you can just carry on like if it never happened and don't let it happen again
>>
>>39151006
DNP.
>>
>>39151054
1. Maybe, maybe not
2. Depends
>>
>>39151021
I know, I know, one day doesnt matter in the grand scheme of things. I always get paranoid at such things, being an ex anorexic sucks. Thanks m8
>>
>>39151058

yeah thanks
>>
>>39148326
Don't give up and keep lifting.
>>
>>39144758
Is there a natural way gaining back my lost eyesight ?

No memes please.
>>
>>39148326
a. Diet is more important than lifting in terms of controlling your size
b. figure out your priorities.

You probably only have to lose like 20lbs to get rid of the bitch tits, that's 2-4 months. And after that you bulk, and bulk right, not just lifting and eating whatever.
>>
>>39151180
if there was, glasses, contacts and laser eye surgery wouldn't be so prevalent
>>
>>39151180
squinting
>>
My legs

My legs are itchy

My legs are itchy as fuck and scratching only helps for a short time

I don't have any skin condition, I'm just a normal 22 year old /fit/ shitposter, what in the fuck do I do to resolve the issue? Shave my legs? Spray them with boiling water? Scratch until I draw blood? Help /fit/
>>
>>39151229
go see a dermatologist
>>
File: 1447470825916.gif (1MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1447470825916.gif
1MB, 300x200px
>>39151209
>>39151215
I knew it was impossible, I fucking hate my eyesight. Feels bad man.
>>
>>39151235
I probably should, but what could it be? The itch is not constant, usually shows up during evenings and is focused around my shins, barely ever going above the knees. If it's something like an allergy, I should spot it all over, and if it's something about my pants, I should get the itch over all of my legs
>>
New to fit, I read the sticky about axbxa and so on. But what I'm curious about is if I'm a beginner shouldn't I be working out on the weekends too? I don't get recovery days but I don't feel sore at all even though I worked out yesterday, should I work out today?
>>
Best protein powder/flavor?
>>
>>39151280
Friend, the hundreds(literal) years worth of knowledge of people much smarter than all of /fit/ combined made the sticky. Early in your fitness career you don't need to figure out the most optimal 100% best rocket science way to gain city. You need to establish a rigid structure. Work, rest, work, rest, work, rest, work, rest. If you go work work rest, work, rest, work work, rest, rest, you don't establish a structure - you establish that it's okay to do what you feel like instead of what you need to do.

Yes, you're not sore. It doesn't mean your muscles aren't fatigued. Not being able to notice something doesn't mean it's not there. Work rest repeat is a good cycle - and you need to learn the foundation to know when it is ok to deviate from the foundation. You're at least a year away from that level - and that is the best You're Second Coming of Arnold case.
>>
>>39151263
>If it's something like an allergy, I should spot it all over,
not necessarily true. I get reactions at my elbows. It could be your detergent. It could be psoriasis, it could be a number of things. This whole "if it's this, than I should be getting it everywhere" logic is retarded.

>>39151280
lifting is all about consistency and founding a routine. Sure you feel like you're not doing enough right now and that you're wasting days by resting, but if you're actually lifting and doing a proper routine, you'll start valuing those off days.
>>
>>39151318
>This whole "if it's this, than I should be getting it everywhere" logic is retarded.

While I admit you're right, I'm still feeling a degree of right too. Thanks for setting me straight, I'm looking doctors up as we speak.
>>
>>39151318
>>39151310
Thanks anon. I almost did pass out yesterday but I don't feel sore at all. I always thought you guys were supposed to be sore to know if you're doing good.
>>
>>39151338
>I always thought you guys were supposed to be sore to know if you're doing good.

You're not wrong - it's good to listen to your body. And you're not stupid or anything, it's just that your assumptions and conclusions are not grounded in enough experience and knowledge that comes with time.
>>
>>39151336
>I'm still feeling a degree of right too
I have sensitive skin so trust me when I say you're wrong. If I use anything other than tide, I get reactions to it on my chest and shoulder blades, not everywhere. My legs are fine, my stomach is fine, my lower back is fine. If I eat too much chocolate/oranges/soda/few other thigns, I get a rash on the inside of my elbows, not everywhere.
>>
>>39151180
We'll see
>>
>>39151338
you don't really get sore except for when you're a beginner (DOMS, which last like the first week you start lifting and then that's it) or you're trying something new. If you've been lifting regularly, you really have to push it to get sore, to the point where you pushed it too hard. Either way, soreness isn't a measure of effectiveness.
>>
Will stretching in the morning right when I wake up or at night before bed hurt my gains or give diminished benefits to the stretches? I used to stretch after lifting, but mg schedule is too tight to fit it in right after my routine so I need to move it somewhere else in the day.

I had read that stretching before working out can be bad for you, but I wasn't sure how much sooner before lifting that is. Any tips? Or is timing not a big deal as long as I stretch daily?
>>
>>39151460
stretching is kind of a meme if you don't do it right. So either pick up yoga, or stretch after you've workout out and your muscles are warmed up. Stretching cold (when you're not warmed up) is what people advice against now.
>>
>>39151460
Timing isn't a big deal.
>>
>>39151477
How is it a meme? What's the right way? And who advises against stretching cold now, that's news to me. You're rocking my world here.

>>39151498
I'm conflicted now.
>>
>>39151584
http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/fitness/Pages/Do-I-need-to-stretch-before-or-after-a-run-or-sports-and-exercise.aspx
>>
>>39151584
Well that didn't support the first anon, but it seems the second was right that timing isn't a big deal. I'll just stretch when I wake up or when I go to bed when I have time, thanks.
>>
>>39151649
Meant to quote >>39151605
>>
>>39151649
>>39151662
>Research suggests that stretching before exercise is unlikely to reduce your risk of injury, improve your performance or prevent sore muscles.
>Research suggests that stretching before exercise makes your muscles weaker and slower
>>
File: Smug Syran.png (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Syran.png
56KB, 500x500px
After you ejaculate in a condom, do you pour the semen in the toilet before throwing it in the garbage, or do you throw a full condom as is?
>>
>>39151700
I tie it off and flush it down the toilet, idgaf
>>
>>39151192
>>39151155
Eh, decided my bitch tits aren't that much of a big deal and I want to lift hard. I'll hop on a lean bulk and will properly watch what I eat now.

Thanks, anons.
>>
File: 1461076965567.jpg (66KB, 477x750px) Image search: [Google]
1461076965567.jpg
66KB, 477x750px
Does anyone have any experience with "d aspartic acid testosterone" supplements?

Anything I should look out for?

Heard it was a natural testosterone booster.

Looking for a good brand sold in Europe, specifically Germany.
>>
Are shorter people suppose to lift more or less than lets say a 6 foot person in terms of bench, squat and DL?
>>
Anyone familiar with myprotein.com? Is 19cad$ a good price for 2.2lbs impact whey protein?
>>
>>39151796
not only that, developing your chest muscles will help reduce the appearance of your bitch tits. Bulking first generally is the best course to take.

>>39152171
that depends on a bunch of things. Generally, they have a slightly easier time because of smaller ROM, but height doesn't really determine strength.
>>
What's a healthy timeframe to lose 50 pounds?

Should one drink more water or less if they want to cut some pounds? If so, how much water should one drink?
>>
>>39151918
>natural testosterone booster
Don't bother wasting money.
>>39152171
At the same weight, maybe. But taller people can pack on more muscle.
>>
>>39152566
Water isn't relevant and depends on your starting weight. If you're just a bit overweight, 1-2lb a week is good.
>>
>>39152566
depends on your goals. Do you just want to lose 50lbs? You can do that in 3-4 months (you lose 10lbs a month but you get a free 10-15lbs off the first week of reducing your calories). Or if you care about preserving strength and muscle mass, you should probably take 8-12 months losing weight slowly.

and you should always be drinking a lot of water. Losing water weight is like standing on your toes to be 5'10" and then lying on the internet that you're not at manlet and 6'3"
>>
>>39151687
Yeah but I'd be stretching like four to five hours before lifting. I assumed that by then the effect would be nonexistent
>>
>>39152660
>I assumed that by then the effect would be nonexistent
probably any benefit as well.
>>
>>39144758
I've got a barbell and some weights but nothing else. Is there some way I can do squats without hurting myself?
>>
>>39152699
>without hurting myself?
if you have to ask, probably not. Get a cheap rack and bench.
>>
>>39152707
Thanks I think
>>
>>39144758
I did dumbbell lunges yesterday and now I have a random sharp pain in my right leg, almost as if my IT band hurts? Should I stretch or will this exacerbate the pain?
>>
>>39152243
Pls
>>
Is club soda hydrating? I really like drinking it since I gave up alcohol, but I wasn't sure if it hydrated that well. It's just a tiny amount of salt and the carbonation, but it doesn't feel as quenching as normal water.
>>
>>39152699
Squat alternatives
>Zerker squats
>hack squats
>Steinborn lift
>clean to front squat
>clean to Bradford press to back squat
>snatch squat
>get some saw horses and do bottom up squats
>get a couple lifting buddies to lift the weight into position
>>
do your hands get remotely bigger after lifting for a while
i have little faggot hands that always bothered me
>>
What are some good whey gold standard flavors? No meme stuff, nothing too sweet.
I tried the milk chocolate and it was ok, the double chocolate I didn't like that much and banana is kinda artificial tasting but ok
>>
File: muscular-chest.jpg (26KB, 402x234px) Image search: [Google]
muscular-chest.jpg
26KB, 402x234px
exercises for this part of the chest?

Been trying incline dumbbell press and concentrated cable flies but its not really going well.
>>
>>39151711
As a plumber. Dont do this. Just toss it in the trash.

Condoms dont break down in water and will cause problems for your pipes
>>
Is swimming a good way to slim down?
>>
What has happened to the fat hate and /fit/ humour threads?

Also if I'm cycling every day for 6 hours because of my job, is there any point on working legs in the gym? I hit upper body 2/3 times a week whilst on a cut.

Currently burning about 5k calories a day and eating between 4-4.5k
>>
I'm struggling with my diet
is there some big /fit/ food recipe compilation out there?
i can count calories but i'm definitely eating way more carbs and way less protein than i should be
>>
If I'm doing a program such as SL or SS, would that be considered "moderate exercise (3-5 hrs/week)" when calculating my TDEE?
>>
I rode a bike for 2 miles yesterday, my first time doing any sort of cardio activity for at least 10 years.

I was sweating by the end of that, and it was a brisk 60 degree day.

How'd I do?
>>
>>39153897
yes
>>
>>39154000
Thanks senpai
>>
I'm struggling to build a routine in a gym that has minimal equipment. It's a leisure centre so it's not surprising it's lacking stuff but it's all i've got atm.

>Shoulder Press
>Leg Press
>Bar and weights
>Rowing
>Treadmills and cycling machines
>no rack to place weights however, except on the ground. Kinda limited to OHP I think
>swimming pool
>dumbells up to 10kg

any advice on a good routine?
>>
File: fucksgoingon.png (10KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
fucksgoingon.png
10KB, 493x402px
>>39154096
>Dumbbells up to 10kg
>>
fellow 5'7" manlets, what do you bulk at?

I thought 2500 cal a day was enough but this tdee calculator (5'7" 145lb moderate exercise) says that's barely above maintenance

https://tdeecalculator.net/result.php?s=imperial&g=male&age=24&lbs=145&in=67&act=1.55&f=1

I have been gaining weight since i started though (gained about 10-15lbs in 2 months), could this calculator be off?
>>
>>39154295
The calculators give you a starting point, adjust based on real world feedback. You've gained weight WAAY to fast, so tone the calories right back.
>>
>>39154096
Nope. You won't get anywhere without actual equipment.
>>
>>39153710
Hyght flies.

>>39153780
Cycling doesn't have an eccentric movement.

>>39153786
About a year ago there was an attempted /ck/ crossover. Don't know what happened to it

>>39153999
Great start.

>>39154096
Power to the People. Perform deadlift and an upper body press of your choice. Do 2x5 of each everyday. Increase weight when the lift is "easy".
>>
>>39154398
any point in including a rest day?
>>
Is it a good idea to do lat raises 5 - 6 times a week?

Will i make gains or will it kill my gains because it is too much?
>>
In the last 4 days I've been sick laying in bed without lifting, sleeping enough and not getting my proteins in

Did I lose gains? Will I be fine if I get back on track tomorrow?
>>
>>39153105
pls respond
>>
>>39154437
On that program? Not really. It's to be done 2~5 days a week.

>>39154519
Heat and ice, alternate.

>>39154438
That's too much volume.

>>39154504
You'll be fine.
>>
after my push day on last friday, whenever i do any push movement it sends a light shock from my elbow up to my shoulder. its gotten somewhat better after resting for a week, but it is not completely better. should i just rest more or is it worth seeing a doctor about?
>>
>>39144758
>>39144758
I was told you can only lose 1% body fat /week. Is this true? If not, is there a limit to how much you can lose?
>>
How to squat well?

I can do my other excercises well. My dad was a former power lifter, and he taught me most everything but squats.
How to get better?
>>
>>39154851
You can lose however much body fat you are able to burn off. Whether that means muscle loss is a different story

But yeah, you're semi right. In order to optimize for muscle retention, you need to lose at most 1% BODY WEIGHT per week
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4033492/

>>39154894
Record yourself squatting and be objective of your form. Make mental notes of what to improve next time. Repeat
>>
>>39154851
33cal/lb bf/day seems to be the max metabolic rate of body fat.
>>
Is it possible to get weaker on a bulk?
My bench went down from 185 to 165 for 3x3 (weak I know). Or just bad week?
>>
>>39155309
Probably just a bad week. Check what your eating though. If I take my salt intake too high I feel like shit.
>>
Is the purpose of lean bulking so that you don't have to do the whole bulk/cut thing? Just get down to the lowest you feel comfortable getting and then eat 500 over maintenance only on lifting days?
>>
>>39155662
Yes. That's exactly it.
>>
I just deadlifted in my last workout, so I'm not scheduled to do more until Monday. But I really enjoy them. I have Saturday and Sunday as rest days. Will I died if I deadlift two workouts in a row in addition to my normally scheduled lifts?
>>
How important are macro ratios? Can I only worry about protein and calories or should I try to hit percentages? Also is there such a thing as too much protein?
>>
RDL
>>
My rotary cuff is sore again.

Can I do any bicep exercises while I rest it?
>>
>>39155775
Probably not but do some volume work on lighter variations of pulling movements. Maybe cleans, or snatch (wide) deadlifts.
>>39155817
Depends on what you're doing. Bulk/maintenance? Not very as long as you get enough protein. And maybe 500+ is dangerous but realistically no.
>>39155837
Any strict curl that keeps your elbow from moving.
>>
Where can I buy scoops for protein? myprotein is out of stock.
>>
>>39155817
Macro ratios are very important. You should try and hit percentages. For a natural lifter, yes. Take a hit on your protein intake to get more fats and carbohydrates through vegetables for better digestion/synthesis.
>>
>>39156257
In the other thread you said you wonder where fraud would get you. If you've trained for nearly a decade you've probably good a decent idea of your natty limit. Why not fraud for a while? You've done the work so it's not a shortcut.
>>
>>39156285
I have no intention of going pro and that's the only reason I would ever fraud.

When I considered fraud life, it was only because I was also considering going pro (making a living off my body).

Hope that makes sense?!?!
>>
is saw palmetto a scam
>>
I made a thread but nobody reply to me
this is not trolling i save that for /b/
First let me say I never did bodybuilding.
I went to gym a week ago got membership and i go every 2nd day.

I have problem because I am stupid and this is not something i can fix by reading the sticky so i want to ask you guys:

I have beer belly small arms broad shoulders(no muscule)
fat legs etc. i concluded that this means i ate too much pasta and red meat and i have body fat.
my question is:
Can i grow my arms shoulders and at the same cut my belly and legs just by doing this bodybuilding machines
OR
do i have to first remove body fat by sprinting and doing some high calory burning excersises and then go to do bodybuilding at gym?

Sorry for being stupid and thanks in advance
>>
>>39156368
Not particularly but I'm not one to talk after 2 years of working out. My logic is that once I've reached nearly the peak potential I have naturally, why wouldn't I fraud (at least temp) to find out what I can do beyond my natural limit.
>>39156376
Mostly, from what meta review studies show.
>>
What is babby's first slow board and why is it /fit/?
>>
>>39156460
/sci/
>>
>>39156424
You can gain muscle and lose fat at the same time but it's a slower process. You need to have good nutrition: fibre, micronutrients, protien, good fats and good carbs.
At the same I would follow a whole body routine. Pullups, push ups and leg press should do.
You also have to do cardio. Half an hour a day at least.
>>
>>39156424
>>39156474
You aren't going to lose fat by burpees and sprinting as much as you are by eating less. Remember the part where you read the sticky? Now depending on how fatty you are, and 170lb at 5'8 is fairly fatty, I'd suggest you google 'TDEE calculator', find your TDEE, download myfitnesspal to track your diet and eat 200-400 less than your TDEE while you start lifting and make sure to get about 150g of protein a day.
>>
I need some exercises that focus on lower trapezius. preferably something I can do weighted
>>
>>39156440
If you think/feel you have the genetics to compete with the elite, the decision becomes very conflicting.

At this point I'm very happy>>39156440
with my body and know I can maintain/improve on it for the next several years. On the beach people ask to take pictures of me with their daughters/families, etc.

I also satisfied the goals I set out for strength, so I don't see the point in fraud life unless I wanted to be a top pl. Even then you see guys like Jesse Norris and wonder, is it all really worth it...

Ultimately I want to live a long full life, see my daughter grow and have a family of her own, pass down distilled wisdoms to the next generation, I've always been in it for the long haul.
>>
Should I squat on smolov Jr for bench
>>
>>39156535
What are your 4 compounds at now?
>>
Is it true that your body can only use 15 grams of protein per meal and any extra protein that you take in one sitting is wasted?
>>
why does it feel like my calves are going to explode after some easy week of hiit
>>
>>39156127
>>
Best intermediate routine for powerbuilding after coming off Greyskull lp?
>>
>>39157204
New thread
>>
>>39156841
Unchanged, I max once a month. Training still incorporates heavy compounds as always.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.