[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to sleep with the Television off?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: 1476746369143.jpg (50KB, 414x874px) Image search: [Google]
1476746369143.jpg
50KB, 414x874px
Sleep with the TV on. Have a hard time sleeping in pitch blackness. How do I stop this bullshit?
>>
>>39144389
Do you have tinnitus?
>>
>>39144396
No. Just anxiety. I've been the victim of multiple home invasions.
>>
File: 1476731105127.jpg (524KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1476731105127.jpg
524KB, 1024x768px
>>39144389
Sleep at regular time every day. Switch off all phones, TV and laptops an hour or two before your sleep time. Drink warm milk an hour before sleeping. Listen to music or nature documentaries(dont watch just listen) or read a book. Countdown from 100 to 0 at every exhale. Make sure sleeping area is dark. Thank Pajeet when you start to sleep nicely
>>
>>39144406
A healthy dose of 7.62x39 helps the home invaders sleep tbqh.
>>
>>39144406
Put bars around all windows and doors. I don't know why you western people don't do this shit especially Americans given the amount of crime there
>>
>>39144427
I have a glock. I live in a nice city now. Those home invasions happened when I was young and my father sold drugs.

>>39144440
That's a fire hazard.
>>
File: 61WRkx6Ck+S._SL1024_.jpg (104KB, 681x1024px) Image search: [Google]
61WRkx6Ck+S._SL1024_.jpg
104KB, 681x1024px
>>39144389
>>39144406

I have a similar problem. I put on the radio or something on a device that I can hear, but without the screen on.

Also I barricade my door with a chair or something like that too. Sure, it's not guaranteed to keep someone determined out, but it gives me peace of mind.

[spoiler]I also own several guns, which give me peace of mind as well. [/spoiler]
>>
>>39144406
Wouldn't having random noises from the TV make you more anxious? Like in your half-asleep dazed state you might confuse the voices from the TV for real life invaders in your home?
>>
>>39144453
Then follow >>39144426
You'll sleep properly in no time. I also suggest you meet a psychiatrist to help you with your fear
>>
could use a white noise machine, also 5 mg of melatonin 2 hrs before you go to bed
>>
>>39144389
Wean yourself of it. Start by turning the volume down, until it's gone. Then make sure you put on something dark, eventually switch to a lamp/nightlight. Then you can turn that off. 2 weeks at most and you'll be done
>>
>>39144389

>white noise generator
>loud fan
>rainymood on stereo
>soft post rock music (avoid heavy drumming)
>8 hour sleep mixes on YouTube
>recordings of ocean waves

OP are you even trying
>>
Buy a fan. You just need white noise.
>>
>>39144440
Seems like it would attract crime.

Make people think you have shit worth going paranoid to protect
>>
>>39144389

Rainymood.com or open the window

Also can I just say OPs pic makes me realize how fuckin little id want to date that knowing she dresses like that at Blockbuster or whatever
>>
>>39144389
Stop eating so close to bedtime.
Simply close your eyes and think, remember things that you find interesting or dreams or fantasies and let them play out in your minds eye
Don't worry about sleep or not being able to sleep.
Just relax and let your body go limp and melt.
Just allow your mind to run on auto pilot.
When you wake up you should feel really really good.
>>
>>39144406
Having the TV running while sleeping won't really help with hearing dem burglars anon, rather the opposite.

Also why is this a /fit/ question?
>>
I have to sleep with the TV on. Otherwise I think about the inevitability of death, all the wasted opportunities of my youth, and my 17% bodyfat.
>>
>>39144633
Sleep = gains
>>
>>39144619
You put it on the inside.
And no. I have metal shutters that completely Incase every opening of my house and a gate as a second door inside the home.

Too much trouble for robbers.
>>
>>39144644
But it's wasted time that you could spend training and eating
>>
>>39144662
>not sleeping with a whey IV drip

Never gonna make it
>>
>>39144406
tfw europoor and living on third floor apartment
low crime and even if somebody would want to invade my apartment they first would need to get through the main entrance door on the first floor and at minimum carry a chainsaw to get to my apartment through the thick door

even at a horribly paranoid sleep deprived state i feel safe here unlike in regular detached houses, have had experience as a child of niggers trying to peek through the windows and thats creepy as fuck during winter when its pitch black outside
>>
File: 1440051290301.jpg (64KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1440051290301.jpg
64KB, 960x720px
>>39144389
Take the tv out of the bedroom. If you live in a studio, get a very soft dim light bulb and put it in the window.
>>
>>39144769
Or get a sleep mask. Or get something like a canopy for your bed. Hang cloth over bed that blocks light
>>
>>39144389
Jugghead?
>>
As u get closer to ur bed time start dimming ur lights bit by bit. Will help you see better even in pitch black
>>
I have a hard time falling asleep as well. I would usually just pass out while watching sunny in philadelphia, but the light of the tv probably wouldnt help.

Now I just use my computer and put on Bill Burr podcast to fall asleep to.
>>
relaxation meditation in an attempt to achieve ninja shadow walk.. took me years of just falling asleep on accident while concentrating on breathing. now I just lay down and can turn my body "off" don't feel pain and feel like I'm floating. can make myself feel like I'm flying in air.
>>
>>39144440
The UK has 4x the amount of violent crime per capita than the US

We just shoot them here
>>
>>39144389
you call your mommy to tell you a bedtime story
>>
>>39144406
Get a dog, mate. They'll warn you if someone is breaking in, and possibly scare them off.
>>
>>39145259
This is nonsense, the US and UK definitions of violent crime differ massively. Google it.
>>
>>39145814
that was mean, now go apologize, fuckhead
>>
>>39144440
Americans want to let the robbers in so they can shoot em. Its the whole point famalam
>>
>>39144406
>I've been the victim of multiple home invasions.

where the fuck do you live wtf
>>
>>39146221
true

sending a mean tweet in the UK is considered assault
>>
Hey, I have a real hard time getting to sleep, and I know everyone says it, but I didn't know about it until recently.

I breathe in for 4 seconds, hold for 7 and out for 8. It's a great little exercise. Give it a go.
>>
File: 1476362349929.jpg (10KB, 234x215px) Image search: [Google]
1476362349929.jpg
10KB, 234x215px
>>39144389
stop thinking about your ex
>>
I use an app called sleep cycle, which tracks your sleep and wakes you up gently during lightest sleep. It also has a sleep aid function, playing various comfy sounds such as waves or rain and automatically turns it off once it detects you've fallen asleep. Gives you all kinds of stats, it'll show how much better you sleep after exercize, if you haven't drank coffee, booze etc. Pretty cool desure.
>>
Fuck, my mom and older brother both do that. I miss living with them sometimes, but then I remember their fucking tvs blaring ALL NIGHT LONG on some shitty cartoon or cop drama and the feeling quickly goes away.
>>
>>39144804

Dude are you me?

I started out doing this occasionally when I was extra stressed about a year ago. Now I basically can't sleep unless I've got always sunny playing at a low but audible volume.
>>
>>39144406
Get a big 100+ lb dog (not necessarily a violent one, just one that's big and sounds scary) and a shotgun. I'll tell you what, nothing gives more peace of mind than a big scary dog and some anti-personnel shotgun rounds.
>>
That girls face
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.