[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you been doing your cardio /fit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: JumpRope.jpg (30KB, 899x899px) Image search: [Google]
JumpRope.jpg
30KB, 899x899px
I have, recently started alternating heavy bag drills and the ol' skippin rope for 20 - 30 minutes. Hell of a lot more fun than HIIT, if you ask me.

tell me ya'll aint been neglecting the most important muscle?
>>
dumb question
how do i jump rope
second dumb question
how do i jump rope properly
>>
>>39144107
Bump cause I also want answers
>>
>>39144107
umm. first make sure you've got the right sized rope, and a clear enough area to jump it

second, (lightly) swing it it up behind your head, resting on the back of your legs.

third, swing it forward (slowly) and jump up in anticipation of the rope reaching where your feet would be. at first you'll only be able to do a one or two, and you'll have to jump high to clear the rope, but it doesn't take too long to get the rhythm down properly. I can go for 100+ skips now and I've only been doing it for a couple weeks
>>
File: 1471969674419.jpg (131KB, 600x931px) Image search: [Google]
1471969674419.jpg
131KB, 600x931px
/fit/ pls

your hearts

i care about them
>>
>>39144107
>>39144139

https://youtu.be/LsWui2L_r2c

This video helped me a lot. I know you guys would appreciate it. I couldn't even do one before and now I go 10 rounds doing all types of shit.
>>
Destroyed my knee as a young man.
Running or anything like that for long periods is basically impossible without having severe knee pain later.

I do my tabata full body workouts hard enough so that I can barely breath or have enough time to clear out the lactic acid and when I can I try to do some sprints or jumping jacks.
>>
>>39144146
Aware me on correct rope size
>>
>>39144236
It should go up to the bottom of your chest when you step on in with both feet.
>>
>>39144236
http://www.rxsmartgear.com/how-to-size-your-rope/
>>
>>39144096
Walk 15 miles a day

jog 3 miles extra
>>
>>39144275
the handle or just the rope?
>>
>>39144281
Jesus. Tell me you work in some enormous warehouse doing inventory or something like that?
>>
>>39144286
Just the rope, if anything when you measure it get the handles and point them toward your chest. If they're just below the bottom of your chest your good
>>
>>39144297
Yeah, something like that and just being footmobile. It's good for burning calories it's a nice way to spend some time.
>>
>>39144096
I like this thread.

Sprintsx3 a week. 0.5mile to 2mile intervals x2 week. Could be going better because I want to add 1 intervals or long run but I hate it. At least I walk/bike to make up for it.

I'll probably add bag work as it gets into the rainy season because that shit's fun as fuck and running on treadmill is aids.
>>
>>39144372
>I'll probably add bag work as it gets into the rainy season

Eurobro? I know most of you guys don't have proper winters, just rain haha. And definitely get on the bag, but don't just wail on it willy-nilly like a lot of clowns. Keep your head moving, chin tucked, elbows tight, hands up, feet circling. Time yourself too, to learn how to pace yourself. And either wrap your wrists or use gloves with a fist pack or you'll jack your shit up, I know from experience.
>>
Boxing is the best cardio
>>
>>39144096
I bought a jump rope the day other bit haven't had a proper session with it yet

Do I just alternate between light skipping and intense bursts?
>>
>>39144430
WA but I mean basically the same thing. And I did boxing for 2 years before switching to Jiu Jitsu so yeah definitely not gonna just wail on it. I usually wrap and no gloves because I just like the feel of connecting solidly with the knuckles so much
>>
>>39144457
hah, excuse me for my presumption.

why not just keep training both? not enough time?
>>
>>39144507
yeah; and just how physically taxing it is. Sprints>BJJ≥lifting>everything else for enjoyment; and I feel kinda bad hitting someone in the face but choking them out is perfectly fine I dunno. More importantly, I'm better at it
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.