[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need upper body alternatives!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1408328465358.jpg (581KB, 1058x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1408328465358.jpg
581KB, 1058x1200px
I have chronic wrist pain that has stumped 2 doctors, a surgeon, and two physical therapists. I can't put too much weight against my palms when they're bent backwards without extreme pain.

What I'm trying to figure out is what can I do to get my upper body back into fighting shape. Bench press is out, arnold presses are out, pushups only with pushup bars, and even bicep curls give me a problem if I push the weight.

Any ideas or suggestions?
>>
>>39143396
I want to smell their fucking assholes
>>
>>39143396
Chest press machine or weighted dips if you can for chest alternative
and Cables + Weighted Pull ups for ect
>>
I have the same problem op. been doing dumbbell pullover, it work some chest and a lot lats and triceps
>>
>>39143404
Fpbp
>>
>>39143396
Stop being a crying little bitch
>>
>pushups only with pushup bars
Push-ups with your fists. I have really bad wrist tendonitis and have to do them with my fists.
>>
File: 1352171314006.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1352171314006.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>overpaying for a shitty gym ring rip-off when you can buy gym rings and do the same exact exercises for $25 for the cheapest of rings
>>
>>39143396
Did you injure them, or how?
I was trying to do some dumb free-running stuff when drunk to impress chicks and landed hard on my palms. Been 3 weeks, they still ache if I press on them. At least they aren't purple anymore.
>>
>>39144200
I just woke up one day in pain that lasted for days. Once that backed off, my wrists were never the same. No injury, no overuse.
>>
Buy wrist wraps that will help you keep your wrists straight.
Then learn how to do knuckle pushups or better yet fingertip pushups.
>>
File: laughsmicroscopically.jpg (592KB, 1374x1074px) Image search: [Google]
laughsmicroscopically.jpg
592KB, 1374x1074px
>>39143396
>>39144021
I get this every now and then. It's baffles me as to what it is, but it does go away. I use it as an excuse to rest up for a week while it heals.

What I do to treat it besides rest:
- eat an extra cup of vegetables with all meals (don't know why, but this helps but may be placebo).
- ibuprofen to let me know if it's inflamed or anything (if it does nothing, take paracetamol/acetaminophen for the pain and fuck off the ibuprofen).
- massages with a hard ball between my thumb and rest of hand top side (so not the palm).
- lay off the booze (did you have an overindulgent period recently?).
- when doing upper body stuff, like push ups, do them either on fists or even better, on medicine balls so the hands aren't completely flat but you're still working with the afflicted area (to keep you from fucking up your wrists).

Keep ball massaging your wrists/hands and invest in something to help grip strength that you can take with you to work/use at home.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.