[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Caffeine withdrawal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1476883923880.png (672KB, 1036x823px) Image search: [Google]
1476883923880.png
672KB, 1036x823px
So I quit caffeine yesterday and feel like crap. I was taking 300-500mg of caffeine before this "detox" or tolerance break. I honestly feel like not doing crap. I spend all day yesterday sleeping. I didn't even go to class. Today I am thinking of just doing a weight lifting workout and maybe swim but who knows how I will actually feel when i get to the gym. Is there any advice? Are any of you also taking a break from caffeine?
>>
Why would you take a break from caffeine?
>>
>>39140662
Yesterday I took a pre workout a coffee and yerba mate and honestly felt dizzy. I took it as a sign to quit cold turkey. It's also a good thing to quit for a while so you can actually feel it hit you harder when you start taking it again
>>
>>39140703
If you want to get rid of caffeine, i dont think dropping caffeine instantly is the best way. You should take smaller doses of it every day, so your body wont crave it so badly
>>
I gotta say i only use caffeine when im cutting and i completely drop caffeine once im bulking. Has been working fine for me. If you really cant live without probably the best to take smaller doses yeah.
>>
Don't go over 150mgs in a day

When you quit, drink green tea till you can get off it. Should take you about a week. Smoking weed helps but probably because I'm addicted to weed

Cycle 2 weeks on 1 week off
>>
>>39140769
It's not that bad if you do it over the weekend, you'll be fresh on monday.
>>
>>39140640
You're in withdrawal.
Your body can build up a dependence on caffeine if you consume it regularly or in large quantities.
I'm taking about 500 mg a day in an EC stack right now and if I were to get off the stack I'd taper off the caffeine slowly. Cold turkey is just asking for a shitshow.
>>
Holy fuck you retard. Are you 14?

I get withdrawal all the time. Just don't drink any on Sunday and enjoy it doing other shit.

Then start drinking it again Monday-satueday
>>
It takes a day or two to come off caffeine without withdrawals. Why are you making it hard?

Do something like 500 -> 350 -> 200 and time your last dose so you can get to sleep before withdrawals kick in. By the time you wake up in the morning most of the caffeine is out of your system and you might have a bit of a headache the next morning and feel a bit like you have the start of a cold. Drink lots of water and by the next morning you are totally off it.

And that's a really overly complicated way of doing it. If you're not a little bitch just half your dose one day and then don't drink any the next day.
>>
>>39140640
holy fuck me too.

I was taking about the same, but I'm not having such problems.

day 3 of no caffeine here, and I'm just more tired than anything.
>>
Second day without caffeine OP, have the same problems. Tired, headache, feeling like I have a cold coming up, being an unproductive piece of shit the whole day.

Hope it gets better.
>>
>>39140640
College student in junior year here

I usually wait until vacations or a long holdiay/break to stop drinking coffee... that way feeling like shit won't make a difference
>>
I was taking 500-600mg daily for a while. I wasnt able to communicate for a while unless i had my dose. Took a break for 3 months which was easy since i use pills.

When i had my first coffee after the break i was remembering stuff from like 10years ago. Names, places, things i talked about. Its good to take a break.
>>
>>39141756
Same. I quit right after every semester for 2 weeks. Usually sleep a lot right after finals anyways.
>>
File: brettygud.jpg (12KB, 174x289px) Image search: [Google]
brettygud.jpg
12KB, 174x289px
Brehs, I have to say, quitting caffeine has been great for me, so far.

I feel really energized, when I didn't think I would.

My mood has improved, and I feel less stressed.
>>
I take 400-600mg a day but have no problem going off. Just don't take it on downtime days.
>>
File: 1473621090240.png (229KB, 623x469px) Image search: [Google]
1473621090240.png
229KB, 623x469px
>>39140640
>getting addicted to caffeine
Well, at least you're quitting. I never gave a fuck about caffeine. Too much of it makes me jittery. The most I ever consume on an irregular basis is a cup or two of Earl Grey, but that's almost nothing.

I wish the best for you OP.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.