[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Revamping /fit/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 14

File: 1476674244294.jpg (218KB, 737x536px) Image search: [Google]
1476674244294.jpg
218KB, 737x536px
So, I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this post.
But fuck it. I dunno about you guys, but I'm sick to death of seeing shitty wanna-be forced memes on the front page.

Shit like:
>tfw you eat a whole tub of peanut butter
Jesus was brown
why am i autistic?
McDonald Shills
first sip of the day
too intelligent to...
etc

I recently took a liking to whomever is responsible for the "How much do you Deadlift(tm)/Squat(tm)/OHP(tm)/Bench(tm)?" threads, and thought /fit/ definitely needs some more staple threads to be constantly up.

So far our staples include, but are not limited to:

/plg/ - Powerlifting General
/owg/ - Olympic Weightlifting General
/cbt/ - Current Body Threads
/fph/ - Fat People Hate
/sig/ - Self Improvement General
/nofap/ - No Masturbation General
/qtddtot/ - Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread
/mot/ - Motivation General
/fraud/ - Steroids General
/running/ - Running General
/cali/ - Calisthenics General
/fpg/ - Food Preparation General

I wanted to make sure someone was constantly making these threads if they 404'd or dropped off. So, I am taking that responsibility and will each day be making sure all the above threads are operational.

I was also looking for input in this thread for any threads you'd like to see become staples of /fit/.

Some ideas I had were:
/bbg/ - Bodybuilding General
/ssg/ - Starting Strength/Noob General
/routine/ - Routine General
I also saw a /lsg/ - Lifting Shoes General today.

Anything like these to revive /fit/ to the awesome place it was before the infestation of /b/, /r9k/ and the rest of these negative minded shit posters.

R8 or hate, whatever, but lets get some discussion going.

Thanks for your time guys.
>>
Another few I just thought of were
/lmg/ - Lifting Music General
/supps/ - Supplements General

Any ideas, guys?
>>
Just use actual bodybuilding forums

why would you use /fit/ as your main website for this shit is beyond me, 4chan is a glorified high school WC wall. Treat it as such
>>
>>39136638
>visit bodybuilding forum
>1 thread there
>3 years old
>no replies

And back to 4clover
>>
>>39136605
I think that is a good thing, even though I was originally an invader from /b/ I do not appreciate all the /r9k/-style negativity here.
>>
>>39136656
literally the first bodybuilding forum that comes up when you google 'bodybuilding forum' is extremely active. You know, the one where Zyzz originates from and which misc we all try to mimic really hard here
>>
>>39136663
For a self improvement board we seem to have alot of people saying you're either born successful or you stay a loser and there's nothing you can do so deal withe it
>>
>>39136676
Never been there

>>39136689
Yeah, I came here because I appreciated the positive mood here and started reading self-improvement threads. Helped me a lot. But it's been noticeable worse lately.
>>
>>39136676
>bb.com and misc
no thanks
>>
OP, have a few choice pictures for each topic saved, starting tomorrow there will be the majority of these threads active on /fit/.

I may leave some well established threads like /plg/ /owg/ /fraud/ etc to their own devices, as they seem to constantly remake their threads once they hit the limit.

If I happen to see them not on the board, I'm happy to create one but they are pretty consistent.

Has anyone got any input for some new staple threads we could try out? Don't be shy, this is the time and place to get creative.
>>
>>39136791
Get a active mod/janny to delete the shit/meme threads.
>>
>>39136800
This is 4chan, I'm pretty sure if mods did their job we wouldn't have a board. But seriously, one thing I've learned from this place is the mods will cull your thread if you intentionally break the rules, but outside of that shitposting is widely accepted here. The only way to instigate change is from within. By putting up quality threads with lively, active discussion, mature, rational debates and proper content will basically leave the shit post threads basically empty. My whole goal here is to have at least 20 good quality threads active at any time, depending on what people want to discuss thus nullifying any attempts at shitting this board up.

As John Lennon once said, I may be a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.
>>
>>39136605
I think it's a balancing act. A lot of people make shit threads that bump other shit threads, but we still would want a bit of creativity. If you're resigning yourself making sure normal threads like the ones named off are always active, that'd be useful to /fit/, but only a few of them truly needed the help. /sig/, /mot/ which often takes the form of mirin' generals, /cali/ and /fpg/. the others ones start themselves without trouble. Your ideas sound fine, /routine/ is mostly a thing give or take.

Zyzz general. Good luck
>>
>staple threads
>all generals that are 80% tripfag circlejerking

No
>>
>>39136800
Fucking this
>>
>>39136849
This right here is what I'm talking about.
You've come into a thread, disagreed with the topic at hand and instead of having a rational discussion over it, you've shit posted a bunch of greentext and written "No" like a negative /r9k/er. Now what was the point of this post? You don't like that 80% of the suggestions are generals frequented by tripfags, so why not make some suggestions of your own. It's called input and it makes this place better in the long run rather than just stating "No" for no reason.

Just an idea, mate.
>>
This is amazing OP nice
>>
>>39136820

Not a bad idea, anon. I hope it works out.

I don't really have any suggestion that deserve a general. I enjoy the 'fictional goal body threads' and '/fit/ screencaps' but they don't need to be up 24/7.
>>
>>39136605
I was reading the post and this song came on my pandora

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZst_2xJHAI
>>
>>39136740
>Never been there
so go there you fucking retard and discuss the things you want

what a fucking utter mongoloid you are
>>
File: 1476127072763.jpg (43KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1476127072763.jpg
43KB, 500x375px
>>39136605
/plg/ has been shit for years. It's nothing but a blog for tripfags and every dyel faggot with a 1000 total thinks he's entitled to a tripcode and join the circlejerk.
>>
>>39136689
>>39136740
sounds like some people aren't gonna make it
>>
>>39136605
Also could use a general /ma/ martial arts thread. As something that I don't do currently, I would love to get actual opinions instead of:
>inb4 martial arts is meme
I feel like that if you use it as a form of /fit/ness, why not post thread about it?
>>
File: 1446280000242.jpg (44KB, 441x332px) Image search: [Google]
1446280000242.jpg
44KB, 441x332px
>>39137032
Or, you know, you just go to the fucking board that's entirely dedicated to martial arts.
>>
>>39136916
I figured the greentext was pretty clear. OP listed "staple threads", and the majority of his threads listed are essentially containment for tripfags. Go to any /plg/ or /roid/. It's just tripfags banting with each other, a lot of the time using the memes OP says he hates in the first place.

Threads must be created freely and only deleted if they break a NAP, trying to control thread content is something Statist shills do. In order to be great, 4chan must be run in an anarcho-capitalist manner.
>>
>no /peanut butter general/
>no qtddtot general
>>
>>39137032
Martial Arts has been included.
/ma/ - Martial Arts General
>>
File: 1470690489885.jpg (151KB, 1128x1120px) Image search: [Google]
1470690489885.jpg
151KB, 1128x1120px
>generals, generals, generals

NICE FUCKING ONE REDDITARD

HOLY FUCK KILL YOURSELF

GENERALS (AKA LE 4CHEN SUBREDDITS)

R

U

I

N

E

D

THIS WEBSITE

FUCKING LEAVE ALREADY

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Sending /r9k/ back to /r9k/ is all we need.
>>
>>39137234
Summer has calmed down
>>39136605
do it, and make a tfw general to contaminate that discussion.
>>
File: XDnOLmY.png (17KB, 624x546px) Image search: [Google]
XDnOLmY.png
17KB, 624x546px
Reminder that generals are a Statist ideal and that you violate my NAP by trying to contain my shitposting to one thread when borders are meaningless in the first place
>>
>>39137203
Exhibit A of what I'm talking about.
You could discuss this like an adult, or you can shit post it up. Either way, the result is more adult discussion on /fit/.

>>39137234
That's not going to happen, besides - I'd rather convert them.

A very wise man (lol) once said, "We're all gonna make it."

Not just some of us. All of us.
/fit/ has possibly one of the best sources of information on fitness just in the sticky alone.
If we can provide threads for people to rationally discuss anything they need, we are one step closer to all of us making it.

Isn't that the whole point of this board, anyway?
>>
>>39136637
Can we have a "stop drinking so much beer you dumb fuck" general.

Had no idea how much beer fucks with gainz until I gave up drinking. I wonder how many other soon-to-be-brahs are out there also making nogainz because of booze.
>>
>>
>>39137263

Honestly, how long have you been here? Fuck you and your revamp sanpoi.
>>
>>39137253
I'm not having a go when I say this, but do you lift at all? Are you interested in fitness? Improving yourself along with your physique? If so, what routine are you on, and how long have you been lifting? Generally curious.

If not, why do you come here of all places to shit post? There are dedicated boards of like minded people who are willing to accept you and shit post alongside you until the cows come home.
>>
>>39137271
We could certainly add a /ag/ or /dg/ - Alcohol General where we discuss the pros and cons of drinking and how it affects fitness orientated results. I will add it in.
>>
>>39136764
> implying there isnt a 60% user cross-over between 4chan, misc and leddit
>>
>>39137277
Long enough to remember when the majority of this board was about encouraging each other to reach our goals, and we were considered one of the better boards on 4chan, because no matter who you were, if fitness was your goal and you came here without asking obvious sticky-based questions, you would get serious answers about diet, lifting, cardio, muscle development, technique and more.

How long have you been here, friend?
>>
>>39137280
I can post on whatever board I want because borders are an illusion

Spotted the Statist cuck
>>
>I miss /spg/
>Spirulina General

Best morning supplement
>>
>>39137263
This.

I come here for laughs, because the sticky is awesome so I assumed the board would be good, and because of the motivation.

The guys who tell beginners to give up can just fuck off.
>>
File: 198432892387.jpg (29KB, 456x384px) Image search: [Google]
198432892387.jpg
29KB, 456x384px
>mfw OP is actively trying to improve /fit/ while being calm and collect and not taking any of this obvious bait from trolls

i want to believe there is hope for us still
also add /str/ as a stretching thread people forget how useful it is
>>
>>39137295
Cool, thanks.

I'm going to spam the board with "alcohol = nogainz" so other beginners don't make the same mistake I made.

A beer is 300 calories or so: so 2 beers a day and a cut becomes a dirty bulk with no protein/nutrition.
>>
>>39137307
>>39137341

I swear /fit/ is still one of the best boards.

Yeah, there's trolls, but enough people ignore them that they're wasting their own time.
>>
>>39137307
Not him but I still see that on here. Idiots make threads saying they didn't get the sticky, need cutting advice, and we spell it out to them. We are not as bad as you're making it out to be. We still say that we're all going to make it. We still extend the olive branch even though we enjoy our shitposts. We're not broken.
>>
>>39137317
Exhibit B of negative shit posting.

Do you lift, my friend? Or do you just come here for self-entertainment?
>>
>>39137341
>let's improve /fit/
>generals for literally every little thing

At this point you should just go to a forum, OP's ideal would be 3 pages of content at most, or everyone would call their thread a "general" for the most obscure shit, and nothing would change.
>>
>>39137371
>Calling others shitposters
>not addressing the argument

You are the shitposter and in violation of my NAP
>>
Im on bb.com. i hate not being anon tho
>>
>>39137371
Obviously some of the cancer from /b/.

If he lifted he'd know that lifters have a goal and won't be distracted by shitposting and negativity.
>>
>>39137368
I'm not implying we are broken, but we are fair from our peak. We've been better before, and we will be better again. I want this board to retain it's hilarity, and I don't care if people shit up the threads - that's kind of inevitable. But when the catalog/front page is covered in troll threads I just feel like we need to have a general idea of what should be discussed here every day.

I'm not running for president of /fit/ or anything, I just love this place for all that it's given me, and in return I'd like to give back by trying to improve the boards culture, reputation and advice giving.

We're always going to have our memes, and more will be made. We will always have autists making terrible decisions in the face of women and social circles, and we will always have those who need a nudge in the right direction. My goal is to provide for the latter. That is all.
>>
>>39137375
When I was getting /fit/, I liked having generals. A place I could readily go to for fat hate, or motivation, or whatever the fuck i felt i needed. Being /fit/, I don't need that as much, but I can appreciate the need nonetheless. We have 10 pages people, that's plenty of space for unique threads.
>>
>>39137387
Okay, friend. Feel free to shit post this thread up, I already stated in the OP that would happen. I am just curious as to your motives. Do you lift part time and shit post for laughs? Do you not lift at all and use this board for an outlet? Whats the standing here?
>>
>>39137393
>If he lifted he'd know that lifters have a goal and won't be distracted by shitposting and negativity

This entire thread is essentially "Waaah I don't like what you post, everyone should only post what I like"

OP's ideas on what are and are not acceptable are completely subjective
>>
>>39137412
(You)
>>
>>39137412
That is why I asked for you input, friend. There is not need to make this a personal vendetta against me. Besides, don't you find that post slightly hypocritical?

Nonetheless, have you got any ideas to put forth? It's not as if these will be the only threads available on /fit/, just staples that will be active a fair amount of the time. That way when new lifters or posters come here, they have readily accessible threads for all their questions without having to create their own blog posts every time.

I'm am just trying to help a board that gave me my freedom, my physique and my self confidence. I owe it this much at least.
>>
>>39137401
>far from our peak
I couldn't say, I've been doing this for maybe 1.5 years. What I can say is that summer was wild, as promised, and it's slowing down now. I mean keep the essential generals going, that's fine. I don't know what the peak would look like if this is far from it as you're saying. I don't see how maintaining the generals more closely brings us there either. But it's fine to maintain the generals. At the end of the day, I'd never tell someone in real life to go on any board on 4chan, and we'll never be this paragon of fitness that shines through rules 1 and 2
>>
>>39137341
I'd love to include a /flex/ - Flexibility General.

Also, to those reading this thread, try not to get too caught up in the names. They can be changed at anytime, by anyone who chooses to create the thread.

Just because the word "General" is in the thread, doesn't mean we are sending invites to tripfags and trolls alike.

It's just a name.

Any more ideas guys? I feel like we have some awesome progress happening here.
>>
>>39136605
I think there also some phrases we need to unofficially ban as well, such as:
>this
"This" isn't a reply. If you have something relevant to say when you agree with something, just say that instead of "uhh this this 100% this man lol"
>back to /pol/ or reddit or tumblr
This is not an argument. If you disagree with something, you should have a reason for disagreeing. Post that reason if you feel the need to debate politics on 4chan's fitness board.
>>
>>39137450
Summer will always be summer, and is very juxtapose to what occurs in the gym during New Years. I just feel like as a board dedicated to self improvement, we should be attempting to improve our board and thread quality, and the first step to that is getting discussion happening.

As one Anon already mentioned, my opinions are entirely subjective, which is why I'd like to have as many opinions as possible from people who regularly come here.

I don't know so much about advocating people go here in real life, but I would definitely recommend the sticky to anyone interested in cutting through the supplement and diet industries propaganda and getting a serious idea on how to get fit.
>>
>>39137467
I don't really have an opinion on banning certain words, as that removes freedom of speech which is far from what I'm trying to do here. I think everyone should be freely able to participate however they choose (yes, even negatively), but we need to have those foundations for them to participate to. Otherwise, we will lose ourselves in memes and shit posting.

Of course, people should strive here of all places to have logical, rational discussions and heated debates over childish arguments, but you can't stop people from saying what they wish.

Thanks for your input though, I feel like this is getting underway to a good beginning.
>>
>>39137428
>do you have any ideas to put forth?

Yes. /fit/ is fine. Don't change it.

Sitting here brainstorming how to "fix /fit/" is autistic a fuck, and not improving anything. Changing the board to ban certain things will only piss people off.

Furthermore, this thread isn't even /fit/ related, you're contributing to the shitposting you say you hate.

>>>/qa/
>>
File: 1470709120273.jpg (16KB, 320x371px) Image search: [Google]
1470709120273.jpg
16KB, 320x371px
>suggestion to ''improve'' /fit/ is an endless list of generals

I can't even fathom this much cancer.
>>
>>39137519
Nobody has said anything about banning anything. I encourage all forms of participation, even if it is shitposting. While I do wonder as to the motives, it's not as if anyone besides mods have the power to prevent it.

This is fitness related because without these threads we would have 10 monster threads, 5 peanut butter threads and worse every day.

I would rather us have this one thread to discuss what we need to keep improving then to ignore the constant waste of potential that is occurring.

I'm not attempting to "change" /fit/, just top it up with quality threads now and then. I think just that small tweak alone (which plenty of other anons do every day without making a thread like this, I will acknowledge that) could vastly improve the quality of this board and the results that we all strive for in our own lives.

Like I said, I'm only trying to help us help ourselves.

Isn't betterment the goal of this board, no matter what aspect it is in?
>>
>>39137522
Please feel free to add any ideas you think would be useful and more in line with what you'd like to see on /fit/.

Also, see my post about the word "General" being just a word.

Thanks for you input, friend.
>>
>>39137497
You claim to be the oldfag man. If you say a new focus on generals are what we need to make /fit/ great again, I don't see it as overtly harmful.
>>
>>39136974
What? I don't want to go there, I come here for my daily injection of memes and weekly dose of self-improvement.
>>
OP here again, I'm an Ausfag and it's getting pretty late here. I'm gonna get some sleep (need that 8+ hours) and I'm crossing my fingers hoping this thread is active until morning and we can get some really solid discussion going on in here.

I feel like it's only through working together we can decide what's best for this place, and what threads we'd all like to see active.

I know there are those that oppose these ideas, and that's more than okay, in fact it's welcome.

Please feel free to share your displeasure in this thread and I will be happy to debate with you come the morning.

For now, goodnight everyone, please contribute, and tomorrow I will start posting some of our ideas.

Thank you everyone for being civil, and positive.

For those of you who weren't:

dyel u fookin phaggots ill rekt joo kunts i swer on me mum

Alright, guys I'm Audi 2000.
>>
>>39137518
I get that, it's why I said unofficially ban. People can still post stupid shit, but it would be reacted to like a girl who didnt show /b/ her tits.
>>
File: ffb[1].jpg (40KB, 600x726px) Image search: [Google]
ffb[1].jpg
40KB, 600x726px
>>39137639
>>
>>39136605
generals are cancer

fuck off turboautismo
>>
>>39137687
They do react though by spamming tits or gtfo. People post low quality bait and get tons of you's. People say "I'm a girl and..." and get tons of you's. It's just the nature of the beast.
>>
File: 1473247240011.png (86KB, 351x371px) Image search: [Google]
1473247240011.png
86KB, 351x371px
>>39136605
You are aware that fitness is a very limited topic and talking all year around about the same shit is as boring and cancerous as the topics you brought up?

If you dont like the joke - just sage it.
>>
>being in favor of generals
>on any board
It's so easy to spot people who came here after chanology, holy shit. If you're a newfaggot, lurk. Don't try to change board culture
>>
>>39136605
I would like to see some kind of thread for women on here sometimes. I mean, i get how this works and i myself find it funny most of the times, but i feel like there is some good amount of femanons lurking and trying to apply stuff that's being discussed amongst males to ourselves. It would be nice to just be able ask more specific questions sometimes in which gender does make a difference and get some genuine useful replies without all the show tits/you're being an attention whore bullshit
>>
>>39137796
You mean like the "cuck", "that first sip" and "tfw ate a tub of peanut butter" spammers change the board culture?
>>
>>39137813
they'd get filled with horny males from all walks of boards. it's nice in theory but it'd never work in practice. we aren't mature enough for that.
>>
>>39137848
Notice how the change in board culture is natural, and not because of mods banning things you don't find funny
>>
>forgetting quarters for the pl8 dispenser general
>>
I have a hearty chuckle at the doctor threads, I wish they came around more
>>
>>39136605
Gym stories.
Beta males/beta stories
Fit humor
>>
>>39137467
Orwellian Nightmare
The post.
>>
>>39136605
Leave this board forever you massive subhuman faggot.
>>
>>39136605
>>39136637
Fuck you, nobody tells me what to do.
>>
>>39136605
>/ssg/ - Starting Strength/Noob General
you saying SS is for noobs? fucking dickhead you're a noob, noob
>>
>>39136605
How can someone leave /fit before ss and gomad
Explain this meme please
>>
>>39136605
Fuck off we'll do as we please here.
>>
>>39136605
Thnx. OP i was searching for this pic for a while.,
>>
File: IMG_1957.jpg (34KB, 367x390px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1957.jpg
34KB, 367x390px
>>39136605
Are you the guy from pic related trying a new approach?
>>
>>39136605
>/nofap/ - No Masturbation General
It's a meme
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2013/07/no-fap-more-like-no-fucking-way.html
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/09/enough-already-sex-and-baddassery-are.html
>http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/09/enough-already-sex-and-baddassery-are_07.html
>>
>>39141006
stop posting this shitty ass blog you fucking moron, no one wants to read your dumbass shit
>>
>>39141006
>stop posting this shitty ass blog you fucking moron
No
>no one wants to read your dumbass shit
then don't read it you triggered butthurt bitch
>>
>>39136605
/egg/ - Equipment & Gear General
>>
I'm here for the shitposting. It's funny
>>
File: 1377051591764.jpg (70KB, 634x476px) Image search: [Google]
1377051591764.jpg
70KB, 634x476px
>>39141006
>It's a meme
Instead of pointing to links, let's take another approach.

Every time you fap, good feelings come.
These feelings have no basis, and have no requirements other than a lubed hand.

Having easy access to something that makes you feel good temporarily sounds something like a drug to me.

Addiction is defined as a habit that suits your needs, and something you constantly want more of. A negative habit.
Addictions are usually associated with a constant desire for the same feeling. And they are regressive in nature - there is no improvement or learning curve to the sensation.

These things are bad for your psyche.
The fact the porn has been normalized is horrible as well.
Look at yourself next time you jerk off to porn. You're actually cucking yourself. Disgusting.

Nothing is productive about masturbation, other than 'avoiding' prostate cancer.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.