[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Least damaging alcoholic beverage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: hamburger_fight.gif (20KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
hamburger_fight.gif
20KB, 750x750px
ok guys
pretty straight forward
what is the least damaging alcoholic beverages?

in terms of
>liver damage
>loss of gains
>>
>>39131340
The one with the lowest alcohol content.
>>
File: odouls.jpg (130KB, 589x2160px) Image search: [Google]
odouls.jpg
130KB, 589x2160px
>>
>>39131352
>>39131360
good answers but take in consideration that I want to get drunk
>>
>>39131352
other way around palio
>>
>>39131365
Hard liquors like vodka, gin, etc.
>>
File: RIP.jpg (56KB, 303x507px) Image search: [Google]
RIP.jpg
56KB, 303x507px
>>
whiskey/vodka straight

add a no-calorie coke or whatever if you want.
>>
Dry wines too
>>
>>39131365
If you want to get drunk then you just need to accept the fact that your liver is going to have to put up with a lot of bullshit.

All alcohol damages the liver.
>>
as for effect on liver alchohol is alchohol. Hard liquors will get you drunk for a fraction of the calories, stay away from sugary spirits like rum. Me? I like Covossier. But I'm broke af right now and can't afford to drink. I don't really want to anyway because I have been drinking waay too much for the past couple years
>>
File: Muh drank.jpg (113KB, 960x453px) Image search: [Google]
Muh drank.jpg
113KB, 960x453px
>>
youre better off going straight hard stuff. at least that way you get drunk on lower calories
>>
>>39131425

> All alcohol damages the liver.

overstatement of the fucking century.

you cunts do realise you can drink and not damage your liver, right?

alcohol isn't mercury, you know that, right?
>>
3-methy-2-butanol
>>
>>39131340
Alcohol doesn't kill gains. Alcohol kills recovery. So don't start drinking directly after a workout, and don't workout before directly drinking. It's not that hard.

As for liver damage, your liver is going to be fine you fucking pussy.
>>
>>39131472
Humans are literally designed to live for 50-60 years, a couple fucking drinks isn't gonna do shit. In fact, some drinks like Red Wine have antioxidants, and moderate beer consumption lowers your chance of heart disease.
>>
>>39131340
Loss of gains is pretty even across the board. Gin/vodka are probably the best as they have the least calories and (anecdotally) they cause less sever hangovers than their dark liquor counterparts. However, beer, while having more calories, have hops which according to a few studies I've read, have an antioxidant property to them. This reduces damage to the liver.

Basically you can't win. If you're bulking and don't care about calories drink IPAs (if you like that shit). If you care about calories, drink liquor straight/with some low calorie mixer. Regardless, don't get so drunk that you miss a workout. Or schedule your drinking so that your hangovers coincide with a rest day.
>>
>>39131472
>As for liver damage, your liver is going to be fine you fucking pussy.

I hope so cause I do not play in service.
And sometimes I /fraud/

>>39131492
That's what I try to do.
Strict diet and serious heavy workout religiously during the week.
The problem is

>weekend
>hot bitches
>all kinds of parties and afterparties

even worse when someone has a birthday or some kind of celebration during the week. then I get fucked up for the whole week.

but I will go for GIN/VODKA with no cal mix.
this settles the thread
>>
>>39131439
I never said drinking once will cause irreparable damage.
But ethanol is toxic, and its metabolite, acetaldehyde, is carcinogenic. Liver cells undergo a lot of oxidative stress clearing them, damage occurs and proteins weep. Yes, the liver can regenerate (actually you could have two thirds of your liver removed and it would grow back) so drinking every now and then is not likely to do any significant permanent damage, aside from a slightly elevated risk of cancer.

However, excessive binge drinking exceeds the liver's capacity for regeneration and scarring occurs.
>>
>>39131340
Whiskey or tequila neat

High fat diet helps shield your liver from alcohol. Drink to excess no more than once a month
>>
>>39131340
Straight everclear bro, you can get it in 150 or 190 proof. Should only need 1-3 shots to get smashed. Also I assume by damage you mean least calories, because all alcohol will hurt your liver regardless of source. If you plan on getting drunk just go for the highest content drink, so you don't have to drink so much sugar.
>>
>>39131340

Vodka or Moonshine mixed with a 0 calorie soda.

the alcohol has a high calorie content, and beer and stuff that have other things added to it just add to the calorie count, so you're getting calories from not-alcohol, which you don't want.
>>
File: drink 4 gainz.jpg (2MB, 832x2475px) Image search: [Google]
drink 4 gainz.jpg
2MB, 832x2475px
>>39131340
>>
Everclear is the best if you want the best bang for the least amount of money, and calories
>>
File: Fug Mayne.jpg (8KB, 174x231px) Image search: [Google]
Fug Mayne.jpg
8KB, 174x231px
>>39133420
>Jose Cuervo is that high on the list

hell yiss
>>
>>39131426

Stop spouting bullshit. Google calorie contents of various liquors before you say things like this. All alcohol comes from 'sugar' (carbohydrates). Rum is not more 'sugary' because it is based on a sugar mash then whisky for example and does not have more calories.
>>
>>39131340
>yellow background for a stick figure comic
>no real plot
>no subtext
>no comedy
>no explanation
>no punchline
>dot gif

1/10 made me reply
>>
>>39131360
>non-alcoholic beer
>drinking your calories without even getting a buzz

Confirmed for NEVER EVER EVER EVER making it.
>>
>>39131340
I drink Russian Standard vodka with carbonated water at home alone
>>
I usually drink straight vodka but last time I went out I stuck to beer and felt a lot better the next day
>>
Beer because it has some micro nutrients
>>
>>39131340
booze is booze. drink in moderation and youll be fine. i have a couple drinks a day after work and it chills me out, stress is the real killer here.
>>
Drink stout like a man. Thick, delicious, nutritious stout.

Livers are tough, the occassional piss up won't do any lasting damage. Lover damage occurs when its high levels and very regular, it stops it recovering.

Best food for the moring after with regards to liver recovery is beetroot and eggs, both have shit in them that helps your liver recover. If youre into a cooked breakfast, kidneys and liver with eggs. And a cup of tea. Magic.
>>
File: 1472087894284.jpg (120KB, 1280x848px) Image search: [Google]
1472087894284.jpg
120KB, 1280x848px
>>39134250
my boi
>>
File: 1475406405748.jpg (32KB, 795x600px) Image search: [Google]
1475406405748.jpg
32KB, 795x600px
>>39134250

I always get the 1.75 platinum of this nowadays but at my liquor store the 1.75 of ketel one was on super sale and it is one of the few vodkas i had never tried so i took the leap of faith

>mfw it is fucking shite

Russian standard it is forevermore
>>
>>39136603
Beer is filled with estrogen mate, the more you drink the dumber you get.
>>
>>39137517
>>>39136603 (You)
>Beer is filled with estrogen mate

Didn't know hops and malt had ovaries mate
>>
>>39137539
l u l
u
l
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.