[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here has been through military boot camp? Will I lose all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: AusPiratePatrol_logo_1020X500.jpg (116KB, 1020x500px) Image search: [Google]
AusPiratePatrol_logo_1020X500.jpg
116KB, 1020x500px
Who here has been through military boot camp? Will I lose all of my gains?

Enlisting in Royal Australian Navy soon. Apparently recruits get every weekend off after the first month of the three month recruit course though, so I plan to try and work out on weekends.
>>
File: british sub.jpg (2MB, 2848x1718px) Image search: [Google]
british sub.jpg
2MB, 2848x1718px
bump
>>
you will 100% lose at least 20 lbs while you're in
>>
>>39131308
Don't be a navy faggot, join the army and go infantry. You will get paid to workout.
>>
>>39132470
Infantry is for literal retards. The only intelligent people in infantry are there because they have small dick syndrome and want to feel motarded.
>>
>>39131308
If you lose your gains, just get them back after boot camp.

Really, the only thing you need to pass it physically is cardio endurance and body weight exercises.

Just eat as much as you can when they feed you, and do the exercises during PT.
>>
>>39131308
Plan to not work out. You're gonna be hanging out with your mates. You can get back into the gym after trade school depending on your job, i can't imagine a lot of Navy jobs are particularly physically intensive.

Former infantry don't listen to this fag >>39132470 it's fucking garbage after a few years. Went to Combat Engineers which is infinitely better and then went to RAAF after i decided being out field sucks dick.
>>
>>39131308
With forced cardio every other day, and bodyweight exercises on the in between days, yes. I lost a bunch of strength. Nothing you can do about it.

>>39132941
This, infantry is literally the worst position you could possibly take. Even services serving food in the defac is better.
>>
>>39131308
I went through air force boot camp. Lifted for 2 years prior. Lost alot of muscle from not doing anything but running pushups situps flutterkicks and those pushup, squat, jump things. Basically if ur not in good shape u will be. If ur built expect sum losses in back, calves, biceps, traps. Chest arms n thighs pretty much stay maintained though. Its only 8 weeks then u will be able to gym again soon
>>
>>39132941
>>39133140
fuck off pog cunts you arent even real military
>>
>>39132470
>You will get paid to workout.
You will get paid to do all manner of PT that isn't what you'd rather do on a given day.
If you want to pursue a particular goal fitness wise (eg. getting fucking huge) best bet is RAAF.
>>
That flag is hideous. Why can't the Anglosphere into proper flag design?
>>
>>39132941
I had a GT of 128 and general ASVAB score of 90 and I went infantry. I also have my BS in Biochemistry. I don't necessarily have "little dick syndrome" either.

I feel like two kinds of people join the military. Those who have no education/future, so they join for a job and job security. They want to be soldiers, but they don't actually want to do soldierly things. This includes ALL pogs and probably 75% of combat arms. The other guys joined because they actually want to be fighters.
I find it ridiculous that most boys and men (excluding nu-males and sjw) idolize warriors, gladiators, samurai, Conan the Barbarian, etc. yet they find it preposterous to want to actually do warrior things themselves, dismissing it as "for literal retards"
>>
>>39133825
>infantryfag realizes he isn't the special snowflake his infantry buddies told him he was.
>triggered
>>
>>39131308

>>>/k/meg
can probably help you
>>
Have always wanted to join ADF, especially now since some mates have already enlisted.

Hoping Asthma and allergies chill out or else I could probs only pull a RAAF desk job.
>>
>>39134088
125+ GT / Infantry master race here as well.

ayyyyy

>I find it ridiculous that most boys and men (excluding nu-males and sjw) idolize warriors, gladiators, samurai, Conan the Barbarian, etc. yet they find it preposterous to want to actually do warrior things themselves, dismissing it as "for literal retards"

sour grapes man, sour fucking grapes.
>>
Freshman here, I'm thinking about doing army ROTC and shooting for some kind of combat arms role (especially infantry). Any tips from /fit/vets?
>>
>>39134356
don't get lost as a 2nd lieutenant

no, but seriously. Train hard. Both your body and mind. Train for endurance most of the time but use a program for strength and power periodization as well.

Read books, the classics. Stay away from women.

stay away from women.

unless you meet her in ROTC.
>>
>>39134206
>>39134088
>>39133825
Idk about the Americans but for the last 4 years Australian infantry wander around on shit exercises and get fucked on in the barracks. Peace time military blows, especially for combat jobs so you faggots can take your "hurr were fucking genious warriors" and shove it. And let's face it, the biggest guys in the gym are always pogs.
>>
>did US Army basic training and AIT
>had no gains before
>had even less gains after
I could do a lot more push ups at least but my squat and bench fucking died.
>>
>>39131308
Ausfag here. I went trough the Army recruit training in summer 2015/2016. I was bulky strong with shit cardio. By the time I finished three months later I was the fittest and leanest I've ever been. I put a lot of muscle and fat back on when I got to my trade school for training, but I definitely lost gains. I went through with some super ripped fit blokes, and they lost a lot of muscle. I don't know much about Navy basic training, but you'll find yourself doing shitloads of pushups and cardio in the ADF.
>>
>navy
Basic naval training is an absolute joke physically.

You'll probably have time to go to the gym, your main problem will be cookhouse food and shit gym facilities
>>
Got my interview for the Royal Marines today lads, wish me luck.
>>
>>39135706
good luck lad

i wanna transfer over to the british royal navy after finishing my IMPS in the RAN
>>
>>39135706
>fighting to defend a muslim country
>>
>>39135710
Thanks m8, best of luck with your endeavours
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.