[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw I just fell for the HIIT meme kill me pls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1466146073079.jpg (33KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1466146073079.jpg
33KB, 600x600px
>mfw I just fell for the HIIT meme

kill me pls
>>
How is it a meme?
>>
HIIT is great, but I did it almost everyday and I didn't have the proper running shoes and now my legs are RIP. Have to take a break from cardio for a little to let my injuries heal.
>>
Haven't looked into HIIT yet, should I just do 1/3 jog 2/3 sprint or does it get more sophisticated?
>>
>>39129362

Start off with a 10 minute warm up jog, then do 5 cycles of 1 minute sprint and 1 minute walk, then do like a 5 minute cool down jog. You can add more cycles or change the length of the sprints or walks, but that's the basics of it. Don't do it everyday or at least make sure you have the correct running shoes and good form, it can be a lot of stress on your joints.
>>
File: KEK.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
KEK.gif
1MB, 200x200px
>>39129307
>HIIT a meme

My heart wants to explode after doing 20min of it. Awesome calorie burner and sweat like a jew getting ready to enter the oven.
>>
>>39129410
My heart wants to explode and I get exercise induced asthma.

I don't get exercise induced asthma from running 5 miles or 90 minutes of lifting. HIIT is the only thing that does it to me.
>>
>>39129328
Anything that cardiobunnies and normies do to "burn fat and get toned" is a meme even if it actually works if done for its actual benefits.
>>
>>39129329
I only do HIIT twice a week. It's really taxing on my cns.

HIIT has gotten me in the best shape of my life in 6 months. Definitely not a meme. Not for everyone though as results took 4-6 weeks to really start seeing noticeable fat loss & increases vo2 max
>>
>>39129450
You're not doing it right.

>Throw a treadmill on 15 incline and speed of at least 7.0
>run for 15 seconds all out
>take up to 3 minutes break then repeat
>try doing 6-8
>>
>>39129506
I'm doing it right. What I'm saying is that in a lot of people's minds this is the latest fitness "shortcut" that will let them exercise for 10 minutes and eat ice cream and play minesweeper the rest of the time and still burn fat.
>>
>>39129548

Well, let it be that for them, but for us who choose to take part in it because of its unique approach to cardio, it's great. I don't enjoy slow, constant cardio, I enjoy the variety of intensities of HIIT, you don't even have time to think about how boring cardio is, you're too busy trying to catch your breath.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.