[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT: making gains to start your own sex cult edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 41

File: holy-hell-sundance-2016-ss12.jpg (410KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
holy-hell-sundance-2016-ss12.jpg
410KB, 1280x853px
Last thread is max. New thread here I guess.

>tfw pic related lives 30 minutes from my apartment
>>
File: 1475536298812.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1475536298812.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Is anyone else extremely afraid of gay guys? I'd never want to fight one...I mean what could I possibly do to a guy that was literally fucked in the ass earlier that day?

They doesn't afraid of anything.
>>
is plant based diet really the healthiest?
>>
I have cut almost 12 kg and reached from slightly chubby to skinny/skinnyfat . I don't wanna lose more weight but instead I wanna do a slow bulk and regain those 12kgs and increase my muscle mass because I have almost 0 muscle and cutting more does not yield much. Would adding the muscle mass slowly actually make me look more lean since in theory bf% should be decrasing?
>>
>>39129125
A balanced diet is the healthiest. Humans inhabit all corners of the world and have done since we evolved. We can survive on whale meat and fat. To fruits and lean game. Eat a balanced diet. That's the best for you. That way you get the whole spectrum of nutrients, fibre, fats etc...
>>
>>39129141
You're talking about a recomposition it's a fucking long hard and dedicated way to make yourself look better. Keep cutting until you estimate to be around 10% and then bulk with +500 on your tdee until you can't look at your self in the Mirror then cut
>>
>>39128543

holy shit the autism is strong with you
>>
File: IMG_20161018_230102.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161018_230102.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>39129180
To give you an idea I look like this at the moment. Am I still too fat to start a slow bulk?
>>
>>39129238
no. start lifting, eat well and do cardio to keep the fat in check.
>>
File: beforeafter.jpg (40KB, 492x311px) Image search: [Google]
beforeafter.jpg
40KB, 492x311px
>>39129180
>a fucking long hard and dedicated way

>cutting until you estimate to be around 10% and then bulk

of those two which would take less time from current bf of, say, 22%?
>>
>>39129349
I have been lifting while on a diet for 5.5 months. The manboobs and belly have mostly disappeared but I feel like I should still lose some belly fat before switching my diet to a slow bulk
>>
>>39129363
If you're at 22% that means over 1/5th of you is lard. If you're happy at that keep bulking to the sunset
I'd cut
>>
I hurt my back a bit on Monday. It's just a muscle strain or something, nothing serious. I managed to finish my squats. Up and down motion is fine, but twisting hurts a bit.

Should I do deadlifts tomorrow or take a break this week?
>>
>>39128478
Do you really need gains to start a sex cult? Charles Manson was a turbomanlet who didn't lift and he still gets mail from girls in prison.
>>
>>39129582 do I have the right idea?
>>
>>39129192
Why?
>>
>>39129363
>>39129363

depends a little on you.

While at that BF around you should have little problem to build mass with a caloric deficit. But your diet should have about 0,8 to 1g protein per lbs lean bodyweight.
Plus protein from vegetable sources should be counted only half since they're not as bioavailable to humans as eggs, dairy or fish, poultry and meat.

Take your time. That which is doable for you will bring you to your goal.
>>
>>39129477
yeah, I'm not retarded just can't type today I guess

what I meant was if the goal is 15% and not skinny af is it better to cut to 10% and bulk up to 18% and cut down to 15% or super slow cut down to 15%?
>>
File: bf2.jpg (667KB, 1815x2010px) Image search: [Google]
bf2.jpg
667KB, 1815x2010px
If everyone's on bf%, can I get an estimate?
>>
How bad is it to swim 50 meters in 40 seconds WITHOUT diving from a platform into the water, i.e. i start already in the water? I know swimmers who dive can reach up to 20 seconds
>>
If I do:
5 push ups
10 sit ups
30 sec wall sits
20 squats
10 declined push ups
3 times with a 5 min break while repeating the whole process 3 times a day 6 days a week while riding a bicycle for 14km on my rest day, what will I gain?
>>
I'm writing with someone over the internet about a jacket I'm interested in buying, but he lives in a different city that's two hours 40 minutes away on bike. I'm free tomorrow and I'm contemplating just getting on my bike and go try it on and see if it fits since it's better than anything else I got planned which is nothing. I've never biked for 6 hours straight, would it be dumb or should I take up the challenge?
>>
>>39129744

It's not much to a competitive swimmer, you'd be better off timing yourself from the block for a good comparison. But if you're just some guy that likes to swim, a 40sec 50m is fine.
>>
>>39129747
More then what you have right now.
Try it for two months on top of cleaning up your diet a bit.
>>
>>39129749
I'd caution against it unless you've routinely done 2h+ rides and know that you won't chafe/cramp/etc at your legs/crotch/grip.
>>
>>39129807
I bike to work every day but it's only about an hour max one way. It's up and down a steep hill though if that counts for anything. I've never had sore legs just a sore bum when I started out.
>>
>>39129747

Little gains in size or strength. You should really read the sticky. Properly alternating your workouts in ways that work different muscle groups while also allowing plenty of rest from prevoius workouts is key.
>>
>>39129693
15%-17%
>>
>>39129807
Aw shit it's gonna rain tomorrow and be windy. My adventure will have to wait. I fucking hate wind.
>>
How many times do I have to lift my 3kg dumbbells in order to get gains?
>>
>>39129954
>answe is undefined
>>
Why am I not getting stronger on bench

>Squat 90kg x5 one session and it feels hard
>Next session do 92.5 x7 and it feels almost easier

>Bench 65kg x7 one session
>Next session barely manage 66kg x5

And I've been stuck around 60-65kg for a while now while squat, ohp and dl are progressing.

Benching doesnt make my muscles tired or sore like other lifts do and it's like my body cba to adapt to bench.
>>
>>39128478
I just discovered lentils with salsa.
Any way to spice it up? Scooby praises this as some miracle shit but it's pretty bland
>>
Does it matter which brand of fish oil I buy?
Or is it all just different prices for essentially the same shit?
>>
>>39130088
You're probably not doing enough volume. Muscle growth occurs after an input of stress. A few sets of bench per week won't be as taxing as the same amount of squat sets per week. I do 9-12 sets of squat per week, but do about 20-30 bench or bench accessory sets, a I've been seeing good progress lately.

Basically, more volume
>>
>>39128478

A
>Chest
>Triceps

B
>Back
>Biceps

C
>Legs
>Shoulders

Should I do ABCABCx so I can train each muscle group twice a week or ABCxABx, "losing" one day but getting a better rest?
>>
>>39129601
only if you don't mind being called a turbomanlet on the internet
>>
File: B000UVZM0C_1_lg.jpg (37KB, 568x568px) Image search: [Google]
B000UVZM0C_1_lg.jpg
37KB, 568x568px
Is wearing something like pic related bad for me? Im getting slight knee irritation after days when I squat or Deadlift (I'm pretty sure it's because of my flat feet and the caving of my left foot) but I don't know if I should use one of these or not.
>>
>tfw butter cookies in the kitchen
i wanna go there fit hold me
>>
File: Bargue_Plate_44.jpg (125KB, 600x797px) Image search: [Google]
Bargue_Plate_44.jpg
125KB, 600x797px
will cardio and HIIT ruin my girly physique?
>>
At what weight is it a good idea to wear a belt when squatting or doing deadlifts?
Im at 3pl8 on squats and I could probably continue on fine without one, but should I start?
>>
When should you stop when benching? I used to take the Barbell all the way down to my chest, but recently i started going paralell and my chest feels better, is going all the way down until the barbell hits your chest actually better or is it just an ego thing?
>>
If your schedule is MWF and something comes up and you can't go to the gym from fri - sunday because of other commitments, what would be the best thing to do? Go on thursday or make up on the next week?
>>
>>39132197
It's just personal preference. I know a few people who always wear a belt when squatting and DLing, but most people I see only use it when they're approaching their ORM. I only use a belt sometimes when around 80% of my max and needing a reminder to stay tight OR when attempting a new PR (volume or weight PR).

It's up to you, though.
>>
A
Dumbbell Bench press 4x 12,10,8
Dumbbell Flys 4x 12,10,8
decline push ups 4x20
Weightned dips 4x 12,10,8
Close grip bench 4x 12,10,8 Dumbbell Extension 4x 12,10,8

B
One Arm Dumbbell Row 4x 12,10,8
Bent Over rows 4x 12,10,8
Concentrated db curl 4x 12,10,8
Db curl 4x 12,10,8
Cross Body Hammer Curl 4x 12,10,8
C
Arnold press 4x 12,10,8
Upright row 4x 12,10,8
Lying hip abduction 3 x 20
Side bridge each Side de 2x 30sec
Front bridge 2x50 sec
Weightened crunch 3x20
leg raises 3x20
Russian twists 3x30
Doing leg raises after every sesion
I know Its not a very good routine please give me advices on it i only have db available for now also any tips for building bigger triceps working the tree Heads or focusing more on the biggest one
>>
Is there a good reason I shouldn't pay $35 for 2 personal training sessions just to learn the lifts for SS? I know personal trainers get a bad rep, but I have no one to lift with or tell me what I'm doing wrong when starting out. I haven't for a while, but I did a lot of body weight training for about a year and half, so I know how to eat and all that other shit. I just don't know how to lift heavy weights in the gym. I'm not sure why personal trainers get the bad rep they have. Is there a reason I shouldn't do this?
>>
File: doot.jpg (178KB, 540x736px) Image search: [Google]
doot.jpg
178KB, 540x736px
Could someone give me some tips/guidance/food recommendations for consuming the largest amount of calories as possible without sacrificing too much protein? I have been lifting for a year as a skelly and have only put on 5 pounds despite my best efforts. I have counted calories to no avail, though I admit I've gotten lazy about it recently.
>>
>>39132833

Most PTs have very little knowledge of the field, hence the bad rap.

If you get a good one, its worth the cash. If you don't, its throwing cash down the drain (and potentially causing you trouble if they teach you something stupid under the guise of expertise). Your call if you think you can do a reasonable evaluation of the trainer.
>>
I can't keep my Bach from rounding, how do I fix, I started supplementing face pulls and bent over rows while focusing in hip hinge at work. I know my legs are strong enough but my Bach is a shut

Pls help
>>
>>39132324
please help.
>>
How do I escape shin splints when I have stupidly high arches?

I already have to get a new pair of shoes like every month to two months.
>>
>>39132856
hmmm. Well, they have to know more than me. I've been watching videos on how to do the lifts and practicing with a broomstick. More than anything, I just want another set of eyes telling me what I need to fix. $35 bucks is really nothing, especially considering I get free gym use as a student. I appreciate your point about them maybe teaching something wrong, but like I said, it is likely better than what I would have taught myself. I'll be aware of that now though, so thanks. Hopefully I can meet a bro at the gym after a few weeks who can help me out or just ask for some random pointers. I think I'll pull the trigger on it.
>>
File: 6hVJtmF.png (129KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
6hVJtmF.png
129KB, 1400x1400px
Hey /fit/, I'm working a contract job for the next two weeks (9 AM - 6 PM everyday) and am cutting. There's no way to bring my own lunch as there are no microwave and the fridge is reserved for waters.

Since I'm walking and carrying shit all day, can I allocate a few more calories per day and still be on a cut?
>>
>>39133234

you're cutting to the exact degree you're hungry.

if you feel hungry, you're at a deficit.

this is something people miss about dieting.

that you're not going to lose weight unless you're hungry.
>>
>>39133253
>if you feel hungry, you're at a deficit

no
>>
File: VIDEO0036_01_0000039635_1.jpg (50KB, 580x972px) Image search: [Google]
VIDEO0036_01_0000039635_1.jpg
50KB, 580x972px
How do I prevent bad deadlift form? I don't want to go to snap city.
>pic related is what sometimes happens on the last rep
>>
Will I get more girls once I'm fit?

I have a somewhat handsome face, and occasionally can charm women into sleeping with me.

Usually just settling for below average girls though. Want a complete qt
>>
>>39133272

yes, faggot.

if you want to lose weight, you're going to be fucking hungry.

if you can't accept that you're not going to make it.
>>
>>39133282
Are you bracing? Keep bracing. It helps keep the spine neutral.
Bend at your hips first and then the knees when you return the weight.
If you still can't stop that shit, lower the weight.
>>
I'm pretty weak (I can lift maybe 40lbs before I begin to struggle) and I don't really have access to a gym. I'm looking to buy some dumbbells for at home. Would a 40lb set be worth buying, or would I quickly need to increase the weight? I have VERY limited space - would a barbell be a decent option? If I were to choose between dumbbells and a barbell, which would be better?
>>
>>39133302
Whatever you do, check craigslist first.
>>
>>39133321
I have. There aren't too many options where I love though, honestly.
>>
>>39133253
Look it's not hunger I'm worried about, it's that I'm fucking tired. IDK how much I'm burning, but surely I can eat a little more and still be at my deficit.
>>
>>39133376

maybe instead of adding more calories, further setting back the day that you Make It™, you can just rearrange your calories into food that will give you more energy. substitute carbs and sugars for more proteins, fats, and fiber.

also, find some sort of healthy snack you can carry in your pocket, like a sack of nuts or something.
>>
>>39133402
Good call, didn't think of that as my brain is fried. Probably gonna be planning my whole day the next weeks. Gonna be a pain in the ass but that's the way the ball rolls I guess.
>>
I got my big toenail removed to day guys, but the doc said it has a 20-25% chance to grow back normally saying that the skin under the nail was to damaged and the new nail probably wouldn't stick to it.

Does anyone know if there's any way to increase the chances it'll grow back normally and not be fucked for the rest of my life with a dead toenail?
>>
>>39133483

If they had to take the whole thing out, it'll be better if it doesn't grow back.
>>
>>39133496
Why?

It died a while back and was mostly unattatched to my toe.
>>
File: gloves.png (98KB, 195x196px) Image search: [Google]
gloves.png
98KB, 195x196px
could someone help me identify the brand of these gloves?
ty in advance /fit/
>>
My right shoulder hurts sometimes at very certain angles. I don't feel any pain while benching (I suspect it's from bench press), except at an odd angle when I have to lift-off the weight. I havent' changed my grip or anything, so I don't see why this would come all of a sudden. Maybe the self-lifting off aggravation + adding cable crossovers (incorrect form I'd imagine) did it. Anyone have thoughts on this? Only benching 230 lb.
>>
>>39133483

spend at least an hour a day touching it and petting it and stuff, its hard to explain but as long as you massage it when it's small it'lll grow fine when it gets big.

-

-Here is a reason, for why I will tell you why morality is objective. because you can not dispute that a mans life and well-being depend on him selecting values that are IN FACT good for him - meaning they are appropriate for his nature and his needs, and keep him healthy and happy.

Right Makes Might

The unhappiness of the tyrant. the consequences of being incorrect.

The Star and the Lightning. Fifth element - spirit - hygeia - hygiene. lighting - power - violence. Pure Spiritual Power.

socratic concept - power as being generally considered as good for its possessor.

irreducible primaries. 'they just think differently' or are they unhappy? happiness is an objective state. the presence or absence of happiness in a persons consciousness is an objective fact; happiness is the sensation of achieving values.

truth is the recognition of reality. the same thing can not be true and and untrue at the same time in the same respects. to deny the objectivity of truth is to deny the existence of reality. how can one be certain of the uncertainty of anything or everything?

T. Jacsuel San Mano-Ueloel
>>
I took a spill in class today and landed kind of awkwardly on my left side, and the left side of my chest hurt quite a bit for about an hour. It's been 8 hours since then, and I've got a little bit of chest pain, and it kind of hurts to take a deep breath.

Should I call my doc to get an x-ray or something?
>>
>>39133538

Because its almost certain that it will only grow back partially. It's not that much fun having half a toenail that grows up rather than across.
>>
>>39133545

Grants I think.
>>
what does x/x/x/x mean?

like here
>>39128554
>>39129635
>>
My resting heart rate is around 78 bpm and I'm only 20. Recently I've been getting very worried about this because I don't want to have any heart problems or have a heart attack in the middle of my deadlift. Could a doctor prescribe a daily pill or some shit to lower it?
>>
>>39133593
thank you so much my man!
>>
>>39133617
It refers to the number of plates used for the big lifts in the following order: OHP/Bench/Squat/Deadlift

1/2/3/4 means that they do OHP 1 plate, bench 2 plate, squat 3, and deadlift 4
>>
File: whey-protein.jpg (512KB, 947x632px) Image search: [Google]
whey-protein.jpg
512KB, 947x632px
Is ON Gold Standard a meme?

I've looked into many other options and it still comes out on top on price&quality. The only thing that came close was a cheap protein from Sam's Club called Isomax Whey but while the macros looked okay it had some weird ingredients I didn't recognize in other brands. Ordering from myprotein isn't an option because shit country.
>>
>>39132324
Last bump
>>
>>39132324
Do whatever you're up for doing, my dude. If you're feeling fine to lift 2 days back to back, go for it. If not, just go back Monday
>>
>>39133645
thanks
>>
>>39133572
If it were a bone injury youd be dieing on the floor right now. See a doc tomorrow but xray is probably unnecessary.
>>
>>39133694
Yeah there's no swelling or discoloration, just the pain, so I wasn't thinking broken rib or punctured lung or anything. I was told that if it hurts to breathe, you call a doc. I'll give them a call tomorrow
>>
File: independentthoughtalarm.jpg (7KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
independentthoughtalarm.jpg
7KB, 260x194px
>>39132856
What he said.

Also, some PTs are specific-goal tuned. That is, they know how to get you to achieve a specific goal. If your goal doesn't align with their training/worldview, you won't work well together.

Strength will be somebody's forte, but others will focus on aesthetics, flexibility/movement, or "wellness coaching" where exercise is part of the kool-aid-like programme they peddle.

But yeah as the anon said, if you get a good one that knows his shit and are keen to get his input into your training, go for it. My PT is great, he keeps me on form and yells encouragement at me. He also puts up with my shitty autist personality, so a paragon of virtue right there.
>>
>>39133556
What?

>>39133573
I guess, but he said there was a chance it would grow normally too.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161019-011710.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161019-011710.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
Can I get a body fat %
Should I bulk?

My body is gross, I know.
>>
>>39133780

Lean bulk brah. 200-300 caloreee surplus. DON'T DIRTY BULK
>>
>>39133788
Alright thanks.
Do you have a estimate of my body fat?
I feel like a fat fuck
>>
>>39133780
Hard to tell from the quality of the pic and the lighting. I'd say probably 15% at the most, but likely a little lower
>>
>>39133282
bump. i dont want to die.
Also:
Do you reset between DL reps?
>>
Is it normal for fatasses to have shit squats and shit deads?
I barely hit 100kg dead and it's my third week of gym.
>>
>>39133555
I will suffer through it I guess
>>
File: IMG_20161015_103316974.jpg (3MB, 3006x5344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161015_103316974.jpg
3MB, 3006x5344px
>>39128478
Bulk or cut?
>>
>>39133650
If anything MyProtein is a meme. It's been shilled here as of recent, I swear to christ. While the stuff has good science behind it and is dirt cheap, the flavors are just fucking awful 7 times out of 10 and it's only 20g of brotein per scoop.

ON is pricier but every flavor I've had from them I've liked, plus 24g per scoop.
>>
>>39133876
100kg diddly is good for a beginner, especially if you're only at your third week.
>>
>>39133986
Cut. Use scoobys calorie calculator. Use the 20% deficit. You could drop 20-25lbs and then begin your SLOW bulk. Track your calories and enjoy the gains.
>>
File: IMG_1923.jpg (54KB, 600x661px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1923.jpg
54KB, 600x661px
Thinking of running GSLP, one thing that has me confused is the weight selection.

Is the only real working set of an exercise meant to be the AMRAP set at the end? Because I don't understand how you would ever bang out enough reps to progress if you had been using working weight before then.

Are you meant to be going lighter than you would running SS, or do you just bump the weight up in your next workout if your AMRAP set reaches at least 5?
>>
>>39132185
lol no.
>>
>>39132324

This >>39133675
>>
>>39134059
Really.
I read plenty of people here on fit bragging that they did 300lbs diddleys on their first workout.
>>
>>39134074
Weight stays the same through all sets. Remember AMRAP doesn't mean bust out those reps if they're ugly. Form comes first. If you're struggling to make the reps in your working sets deload. If you complete the sets perfectly with no compromisation of form, then I say bump up the weight. (2.5lb upper body, 5lb lower body). Now if you feel you can manage that weight increase the next workout you DONT HAVE TO INCREASE THE WEIGHT. Keep going at it with your current working weight. I think if you can do 8-10 reps at your AMRAP set you should bump up the weight.

If you're starting it I say lower the weights to get a feel for how your body reacts to the program. Everybody is different. Maybe you CAN handle that working weight. Try it out and either follow the program adding weight each workout or deload and continue working with that weight until you feel like you're ready to add more weight.
>>
>>39134061
Thanks. Stats are 5'10 at 80kg/176lbs and goal weight is 70kg/155lbs
Lost 1 kg. Have been doing starting strength for 2 months while cutting.

However my lifts have stalled at 40/60/90/100 kgs. Are they going to be that way or is there room for improvement while heavy cutting?
>>
>>39134146
Ah okay, didn't realise you're using working weight for all sets. If you're using heavy weight though (80%+ of 1rm) how would you magically bust out 8 reps? You would have to sit at the same weight for a few weeks between increaes, right?
>>
>>39134177
It's going to be really, really hard to get your lifts up while cutting. Especially at a very hard deficit. A lot of people will recommend eating at maintenance when they first start SS. I think what would be best in your case is to continue eating at a cut while lifting. Don't expect to bump up your weight every session. It's certainly possible if you're a complete beginner though.
>>
>>39133876
No, especially if you are a fatass. Your deadlift should be better than 100kg. Literally bitch-weight. Your form must the that off.
>>
>>39134209
Nah I've maxed out on my cutting gains I think. I no longer add weight each workout, maybe after 10days or so I might try for more reps than 5. Thanks anyway
>>
>>39133556
I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles avocado here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.
>>
>>39134098
they're full of shit. No one does 300lbs of anything on their first workout.
>>
File: ō-soto-gari.jpg (38KB, 412x438px) Image search: [Google]
ō-soto-gari.jpg
38KB, 412x438px
I want to start lifting but I think I could do it only once a week as a supplement to judo. How do I adapt Starting Strength and diet to a once-a-week workout? Or would I need to look at some other program? Or should I just keep looking for a solution that would allow me to lift three times a week?
>>
>>39134376
Just do starting strength and judo if thats what you want.

After the initial doms from working out you should be fine playing a sport and lifting. I used to run cross country when I started lifting in hs and I would literally go from a 5 mile run to squatting in the school gym.

You can do both.
>>
Lads, my big lifts are very unbalanced. I can bench more than 1pl8 for reps now, but I struggle with less than 1pl8 squat and with a 1pl8 dealdift. I started working out in a gym without barbells, that's the reason. How do I fix this? Does it need fixing?
>>
Hey fit. Hurt my lower back a bit and i don't feel comfortable enough to do deadlifts this week. What sort of accessory work can I do to compensate?
>>
File: fksefsf.png (308KB, 406x484px) Image search: [Google]
fksefsf.png
308KB, 406x484px
I'm cutting right now after 2 years of slowly gaining weight. From 138 to 186

Right now I have a small belly, probably about 18% bf, and I hate how it feels. It feels like a strange, bad stomach feeling and always feels like an uncomfortable weight on my stomach and I never get used to it

TL:DR - Is it normal for even a small pouch of fat to feel heavy hanging off of you and to make it feel like your stomach hurts?
>>
Currently on ICF, do I really need those 3 minute rest between sets?Not that I mind doing 2 hours but I don't know the benefits.Also is there a good alternative to cable crunches or are they OK?
>>
File: 1465803994388.webm (1MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1465803994388.webm
1MB, 854x480px
>>39134448
The problem for me is time.

I could reduce judo down to three times a week and still make progress, but adding lifting three times a week to that feels a bit too much time-wise. I suck at time management I guess.

So what I'm asking is, could I lift just once a week to get some basic strength (and if yes, how should I modify the program and diet?) or should I keep trying to improve my use of time?
>>
How much vitamin D should i be getting daily?
>>
Is there a difference between lifting a bar made up of lots of smaller plates and a bar made up of one heavy plate?

For example, a barbell with four 5kg on each side vs barbell with one 20kg on each side.
>>
>>39134780
Proper lmaopl8s are always heavier

Even if it adds up the same, real plates are heavier
>>
>>39134780
If you just have two 20kg plates you only have to subtract two holes compared to maybe 8 holes if you were using 5kg plates.
>>
wh-what's wrong with me?

>take hours to fall asleep
>tired all day
>lifts dropping recently
>constipated even though eat enough fiber
>really anxious & depressed
>eyesight worsening

wtf, am I dying?
>>
>>39134923
Are you getting enough carbs m8?
>>
>>39134995
I think so m8, I religiously track my macros.
>>
>>39134923
Do u have diabetes?
>>
>>39135000
nope
>>
Is it normal to gain weight a week after starting lifting? I've also been eating less since.
>>
>>39134923
>tired
>constipated

dunno about the rest, but mild dehydration can cause these two easily, regardless of what you eat or how much rest you get.
>>
>>39135027
yes
>>
>>39135061
I drink a lot of water though, constantly peeing
>>
>>39134923
Are you in love anon?
>>
I realise this is an ebin meme but I've never really gotten a straight answer.

When I see videos of 300+ bench or 280 bench 3 x 8...

Are they including the Bar (olympic usually) in the weight or is it 300lbs of weights only on the side?
>>
>>39135076
no, but I messed up with my oneitis like a year ago and still can't get over it.
>>
>>39135014
how long since you had that checked?
>>
I am a tall, fat strongman type. Can I take creatine? Goal is to get stronger and lose more fat (I am doing heavy lifting in gym 3 times a week + 1 day of cardio). Is hair loss a meme or is it real?
>>
File: 1432758696063 (1).jpg (161KB, 1002x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1432758696063 (1).jpg
161KB, 1002x1024px
>>39134677

pls
>>
Is potassium worth supplementing if I don't eat a banana everyday?
>>
my wrist feels sore / tender. how many days should i stop before resuming workout?
>>
>>39135103
two years maybe

how do you even develop diabetes?
>>
File: 1476793351218.jpg (3MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1476793351218.jpg
3MB, 3000x3000px
>>39128478
Bros need your help with gf

She had this idea to open a chai on wheels, first off all I didn't know wtf a chai is and had to look it up. Apparently it's pajeet tea. Anyway she wants to open a franchise of tea stalls or whatever. I told her it won't work because shit like coffee shops and Starbucks exist. Before this she had an idea to sell something else again which I shot down because it wouldn't work.

Is she retarded? Does she expect me to say every idea if hers is amazing?
>>
>>39135114
genetics mostly, lifestyle and diet play a part. But this>>39134923 and particularly this
>>39135070
sounds like you need to get a blood test
>>
>>39129125
Purely plant based? Don't think so, add some milk and eggs to it. Even Pajeets drink milk and they are the OG vegetarians
>>
>>39135140
No one in my family (even distant relatives) has diabetes, I live a healthy lifestyle and eat healthy, but I am constantly stressed and have been for a good 5-6 years. Can stress cause it?
>>
>>39135139
Why not just let her do it? She's romanticized this idea so much, let her experience the reality on her own dime. You stay out of it financially, you can help her set it up, but she has to take full responsibility for everything and run it herself, that way she can't blame you when it fails.
>>
>>39135110
halp plz
>>
>>39135139
She might be retarded if she is dating a guy who doesn't know what chai is they sell that shit at MCafe.
Her idea does appear to be a viable business mobile cafes exist.
You should be more supportive anon
>>
>>39135153
Not that I know of but stress can cause some of the other things that are happening to you
>>
>>39134923
Honestly mate, that sound something you should ask a doctor, and not this place.
>>
How much bf% would a guy with BMI of 28.7 have roughly?
>>
Anyone in London? Know of any good gyms near Oxford Street?

>tfw found the rare good gym in my area but have to change due to moving jobs
>London has shit tiny gyms
>>
>>39135256
lol there is no correlation
>>
>Lost 3,5 kg in a week
Am I going 2 fast?
>>
>>39135288
Probably just water weight.

To lose 3.5 kg of fat in a week you'd have to be doing intense cardio two hours a day while eating nothing at all.
>>
>previously deadlift 165kgx6 with ease
>today load up 170kg for 5 reps
>first two reps are ok, although grip slipping a bit
>3rd rep doesn't feel too good but keep going anyway
>4th rep my ass shoots up and feel a strong, pulling pain just above my tailbone
>bail the lift and go home
fucking hell I'm pissed at myself for being such an idiot
anyway, now I've taken some painkillers and have an icepack on my lower back, but it hurts to bend my back in pretty much any direction, even trying to put shoes on causes immense pain
I don't think it's herniated, should I wait for a while or go to the doctor immediately? anyone have a similar experience?
>>
I only slept 4.5 hours can I go to gym?
>>
>>39135371
wait for a couple of days, if the pain does not get weaker then go to a doctor. I suggest using some kind of a deep heat/sports cream.
>>
>>39135468
cont: sounds like a pinched nerve to me, also take vitamin B complex. But dont take my word for it, doctor is best bet.
>>
>>39135106
anyone?
>>
>>39135106
Sure you can take it if you go bald blame the creatine
>>
Chicken breasts or thighs?
>>
File: asdfa.png (472KB, 1111x1364px) Image search: [Google]
asdfa.png
472KB, 1111x1364px
So do I move on from SS after I reach intermediate on everything?
>>
>>39135891
Move on when you stop making gains or when you're bored of it and you start skipping the gym from boredom. That's pretty much it mayne.
>>
Should i see a doctor if i think i am extremely low test?

How high are the chances that he can actually help me?
>>
File: 1475932636816.jpg (16KB, 174x210px) Image search: [Google]
1475932636816.jpg
16KB, 174x210px
any tips for building bigger triceps working the three Heads or focusing more on the biggest one
>>
>>39135865
Thighs aren't as lean but are way nicer imo. They also reheat a bit better than breast.
>>
I've been stuck on the same weights for a good while now. Been doing /ss/ since June, dropped about 20kg, but I can barely bench 60kg. It's not like I don't try to go beyond the weights I'm in, I try but I fail. I don't know if I should get some gloves or should always be asking for a spotter... I don't know. All my other benchs, except squat, are stagnated aswell.
Does it have to do with the weight loss? Do you guys have any tips? I'm also thinking of changing my routine, I need to look my best in 3 months so something that would give me the best results in the shortest time would be amazing.
>>
File: 1RLhRK0.jpg (327KB, 1129x850px) Image search: [Google]
1RLhRK0.jpg
327KB, 1129x850px
Dumb question but how to you measure the calories in rice? Before cooked or after? On the box the measurement is before or after being cooked?
>>
File: 1476869792112.gif (2MB, 280x202px) Image search: [Google]
1476869792112.gif
2MB, 280x202px
>>39128478
I've been lifting for around 4 months now (been cutting and losing weight for around 10) and I'm stuck at 1pl8 for months it seems. I tried adding 20lbs (total, 10lbs each side) and needed someone to rescue my pathetic ass in the gym. Try again two weeks later adding 10lbs (only 5 each side!) And it was only out of pride it didn't land on me again after 5 reps. I can do 1 pl 8 consistently, 10reps and 3 sometimes 4 sets. Wtf is wrong?! Why is adding such a small amount of weight fucking me up so badly?!
>>
How did you guys transition from beta-nerd personality to an "alpha" or "cool" personality?

Does it just happen naturally when you're ripped?

So far I've noticed what I should be doing
>Don't be honest; instead obfuscate uncomfortable topics/shit-testing by joking
>Study normie TV shows/movies, but be casual about it
>Increase vocal range both higher and lower, and exaggerate reactions/emotions

Anything else? I'm having trouble understanding what emotion I'm supposed to feel in some situations because I come from a cynical autist background. For example, my first reaction to an unfortunate situation/morbid situation would be to laugh at how ridiculous it is. But this is considered insensitive for normies, and you need to put on the sappy mask. But I'm shitty at this.
>>
>>39136621
Try deloading and then going back up to 1 pl8 the week after. Make sure you can complete the entire movement with good form as well, if you cant, deload even more.
>>
>>39136631
no
>>
>>39136631
heres the best tip you will get: stop worrying about it

really

worrying about "alpha" and "beta" is just a side effect from coming here too often and taking the shit you read seriously
>>
>>39136575
I always did after cooked, but I always wondered the same thing lol.
>>
>>39136621
are you doing quality reps or bitch reps?
>>
>>39134639
pls fit
>>
>>39134639
GHR
Bodyweight back raises
just take it light an easy
>>
>>39136830
I usually do hyperextensions anyways. I'm putting off back to tomorrow, sticking to shoulders today, and I'll uh, do this GHR thing then. Thanks.
>>
Please rate my routine
I really need your opinion, should I change something? What do you think of the deadlifts as 'squat recovery'? Is it overkill? It's still far less lower body than the original TM template
Su:
Bench/OHP 5x5
Squat 5x5
ChinUps 3xF (sets across)
30 min Treadmill

Tu:
Deadlift 2x5
OHP/Bench 3x5@90%
Curls 5x(8-12) (sets across)
30 min Treadmill

Th:
Bench/OHP 1x5
Squat 1x5
Weighted ChinUps 3x5
30 min Treadmill
>>
Had very low energy today for some reason and only got through squats (like 20lbs lower than normal too). Next workout is Friday. Should I add in the exercises I missed then?
>>
How do I make mireable gains without gym equipment? Please be specific.
>>
Rest of my body is skinny but my lower abs has disgusting fat in it. Should I bulk or cut.
>>
File: 0520 - TgArfB6.png (59KB, 525x488px) Image search: [Google]
0520 - TgArfB6.png
59KB, 525x488px
Any problems/difficulties lifting while taking paracetamol or ibuprofen?
>>
>>39136999
i'd do more accessory work on su/tu/th instead of the treadmill and do your running on mon/wed/fri, something like that.
>>
>>39137049
sure
>>39137095
calisthenics. Or invest in basic equipment
>>39137109
pics would be nice but if you're a small little thing hating your fat distribution, you should get over it and bulk sensibly. You'll never get to where you want to be if you eat scawny. I mean be real, why do you even need to briefly attain spooky skelly abs before you bulk besides novelty? You're just going to bulk out of it anyways, and summer is over.
>>
File: 1445252845196.png (131KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
1445252845196.png
131KB, 500x475px
How do you consume as many calories as possible? I can't put on weight.
>>
do I eat tons of protein before or after the exercise?
>>
>>39137781
a bit before, more after.
>>
File: rutyna aa.jpg (14KB, 424x143px) Image search: [Google]
rutyna aa.jpg
14KB, 424x143px
How do I stop farting everywhere i go? They stink like rotten bodies and eggs.
>>
Why are squats so good for you? Every work out program that I see has plenty of them, aren't they just legs/ass excersise?
>>
felt a kind of pinching in my lower back after deadlifts. Was gone around 20 mins after I think and none since I got home. that's normal, right or bad form?
>>
Last time I pressed I did 5-4-5 reps.
Can I add 1kg tomorrow? I dont wanna deload or stay on the same weight, I feel I can do it
>>
>still buying groceries like I was fat
>used to eat the whole box of little deb honey buns in one sitting
>i still got more than half the box left after over a month
>didn't even open up the bag of chips yet
>gone through three boxes of non-sweet cereal
>keep making PB sandwiches on whole grain/wheat
>bought a 12 pack of soda
>only had like two cans
>gone through two cases of bottled water in that time though
>down from a 38 waist to a 34
>lost over 30 lbs, probably 40 now
>i don't own a scale

I'm gonna make it bros. 6 pull ups max rep now full range of motion at 6'4 and ~220 lbs
>>
does 1/2/3/4 refer to:
- 1xbw/2xbw/3xbw/4xbw [for reps]
- 1pl8/2pl8/3pl8/4pl8 [for 1RM]
- something between the two?
>>
File: 2gd.png (228KB, 366x346px) Image search: [Google]
2gd.png
228KB, 366x346px
So I went to the doctors and I was like:
>Oi I'm trying to gain weight and I can't
So he goes like
>Take these antidepressants

Is he havin a fucking laugh? I'm just 6ft3 with little testosterone, I'm not trying to kill myself. Why can't roids be fucking legal? Christ
>>
>>39137979
I told you to drop the dips together with the other push stuff exept bench and ohp
>>
>>39138076
pl8 for reps/5rm
but pl8 is in lb so 405lb is 4pl8 but 180kg isn't. It's only 397lb
>>
>>39138003
And core. If you add some deadlifts you don't have to worry about your lower body anymore
>>
>>39138051
Depends on how well you've eaten. Just add the 1kg and treat this lift like a bitch
>>
>>39138078
>So I went to the doctors and I was like:
>>Oi I'm trying to gain weight and I can't
6 set of forkpickups to failure every day
>>
>>39138059
mirin willpower. I don't store junk at home because I know I will eat it
>>
>>39138003
mainly. works your core some though.
>>39138022
not normal
>>39138051
Sure
>>39138059
nice work
>>
I have raised prolactin levels and as such small manboobs as a result of my medication.
Any way to lower them? Will they be less obvious once my chest fills out?
>>
Why do people leave goddam EIGHT FUCKING 45-LB PLATES ON THE BARBELL SITTING ON THE FLOOR IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GYM HOLY SHIT.

I'm so fucking mad...
>>
>>39135371
I snapped on 12th, this month. Was warming up for 120, when on 110 on 3rd rep i jerked and got shit on. Took 4 days off work and gym. 5th and 6th day kinda cranky, but now i feel good as ever, maybe a little tight. Walk a lot and lay on your back with legs on the wall.
Good luck senpai
>>
>>39134677
You look like 15 bf%. Not bat at all, work on ur lats tho
>>
>>39133282
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEy_czb3RKA
>>
>>39138080
so only dips?
>>
Is there some sort of service where you pay and get a pass that works at ANY gym? I mean any fucking gym, or if easy mode at least all the big name ones.
>>
File: istock_000027898872_small[1].jpg (28KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
istock_000027898872_small[1].jpg
28KB, 640x430px
>>39138428
>>
Are clif bars "good" for you and or a decent source of protein?
I have IBS and any kind of protein shake puts me straight onto the toilet
Also how long until I make it starting at 6' 175lb with a little muscle to begin with
>>
Does anyone have that image with a picture of prometheus (the anon from here) and his routine? Thanks
>>
>>39138147
>not normal
so my form is the problem?
>>
>>39138022
>>39138740
Maybe you are working too much with your lower back. Try to use your hamstrings and glutes more.
>>
I work at a liquor store, and a regular customer just dropped me off a chocolate sprinkled donut.

Do I eat it? Yesterday she brought me a bacon egg & cheese biscuit..
>>
>>39138789
I decided to deload and try to correct form
>>
>>39128478
Mildly /fit/ related. Is there a way to predict whether you have a strong jawline when you still have a high bf%?

I'd like to motivate myself and/or prepare for crushing dissapointment.
>>
>>39138793
I ate it.
>>
>>39138800
That's a good plan.
>>
Is a caffeine free pre a good idea given I'm deciding to lift in the evening during the colder months?
>>
>>39138523
10g protein - not a lot of protein. Has a fair amount of sugar in it as well, 21g. They won't kill you but you could do better for your calories. At least 6 months, at least.
>>39138840
Look at your basic face shape and if your family isn't fat, compare.
>>39138793
You shouldn't have done that.
>>39139130
It's whatever either way. If caffeine fucks up your sleep then sure.
>>
There's 2 kinds of barbells that are available in my gym, one that is long as fuck and is heavy, which I'm assuming is the 45lb one, and one that is shorter and not as heavy. I'm going to be DLing today, is it okay if I can use the shorter, lighter one and use more plates to compensate for the lighter weight? Does it really matter which one I use?
>>
What's everyone's take on white rice?
>>
>>39138523
You could try adding a fiber supplement like psyllium seed husk to the shake, or eating something like a fitjoy bar postworkout
>>
>>39139408
Great insulin spike pre/post workout. I don't touch it outside those meals though.
>>
>>39139316
Very rarely a gym will have spacer plates (the same size of 45-lb plates but made of light plastic). Those will get the bar off the ground for you. But seriously, just slap a couple 35s on the full-size barbell and start there. If you can't lift that just kys.
>>
If I eat a shit ton of greens, a shit ton of carbs and plenty of protein heavy food (chicken, eggs, red meat etc.) is that a good bulking diet?
>>
>was 210lbs ~26%bf
>start keto 2-3 weeks ago
>am 197lbs ~26%bf

um...what should I be doing to lower my bf%?
>>
greens are carbs...
you should add some fats to your diet
bulking is a meme
+500kcal is the way to goooooey pussy fuccboi
>>
>>39139708

I'm just really space conscious and the lighter one is easier to set up. But that's just me being autistic I'll use the real barbell.
>>
>>39139780
yes, a bulking diet consisting of food is a good bulking diet. You should include a shit ton of fats too.
>>
>>39139316
The shorter bar is called a 'junior bar' and is for women, children, and faggots. Using this bar is not proper etiquette for a man, ever.
>>
>>39139795
>210lbs 26%bf
>keto
>197lbs 26%bf

Literally impossible.
>>
>>39128478
OP image reminded me of one of my old roommate's paintings.

This isn't actually it, looks like he sold the one I was thinking of so it isn't in his portfolio anymore.
>>
File: lying on the internet.jpg (68KB, 605x545px) Image search: [Google]
lying on the internet.jpg
68KB, 605x545px
>>39139823
yes, quite literally impossible
>>
>>39139316
>is it okay if I can use the shorter, lighter one and use more plates to compensate for the lighter weight?
the question is why would you do that?
>>
>>39128478
At which bf% do those nasty love handles generally dissapear and that adonis v-thingy starts becoming visible? Also, when does your face generally start getting chiseled/ cheeks debloat?
>>
>>39139934
sub 15%, closer to 10%
>>
>>39139881
How are you measuring?

Those handheld devices and electronic scales are notoriously worthless. It's better to compare your pictures.
>>
File: IMG_982.jpg (75KB, 839x472px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_982.jpg
75KB, 839x472px
Primarily a cyclist (and misc. other sports) but also a girl who doesn't want to be fat and 'bulky'.

I've been trying to bulk over the past few months, and while I'm enjoying the strength gains, I'm not sure about how I look right now. Is there any point for a girl in slow bulking? Will my gains be so much smaller if I eat at maintenance?

Srsly, am I too bulky yet? I felt so huge this morning.
>>
>>39139957
using a fitbit aria. And I know they're not the most accurate but as long as you're consistent you can track change. My water drinking habits don't change. I wake up, piss, measure. Visibly, I look the same only my clothes fit better.
>>
>>39139967
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

You are thicc bby gurl, wood berry. But please dont attentionwhore. You got validation, now begone!
>>
>>39139967
>Srsly, am I too bulky yet?
that's a subjective question that no one can answer for you except yourself.

And yes, gains are incredibly slow at maintenance relative to gains on a surplus.
>>
If I can do 3 x 10 pull-ups, is using the lat pulldown machine redundant?

Should I just start doing weighted pull-ups instead?
>>
>>39139967
jesus

looks good to me
>>
>>39140006
yes yes
>>
>>39139967
Your quads are bit developed for my taste and your feet are too vascular, but otherwise I would violently inseminate you if you let me. So I'd say you look good.

Bulk/cut doesn't apply to women as much as it does to men because you can't build muscle nearly as fast or build as much of it natty. IIRC women can only build muscle at about a quarter of the rate as men, so ideally you'd be bulking at a quarter or so of the standard 500 kcal bulk for a man. I'd say a SMALL surplus if you bulk, like 100-200 kcal if you really want to get those lifts up. But if your primary goal is to look good then eating at maintenance is probably better.
>>
>>39139823
>>39139881

Definitely possible, what does your protein intake look like (amount + timing)? Since your carb intake is low your body will burn protein for energy much more than normal.
>>
>>39139967
Health is beauty, stop overthinking it.

As the above anon said, please keep the at-whoring to a minimum to avoid derailing threads.
>>
>>39139967
you look ok
now fuck off with your attention whoring
>>
My girlfriend hates running. She can't run (at any pace) for more than a mile. The thing is, she's thin and not in terrible shape. I keep trying to tell her to work on not swinging her arms so much and focus on breathing, but she's convinced that some people just can't run. What can I do here?
>>
>>39128478
I weigh 85kg. My bf% is ~25%. That means I've got about 21kg of fat on me. If I lose 5 kg of fat, I'll weigh 80kg and my bf% will be 20%. If I lose another 5 kg of fat, I'll weigh 75kg and my bf% will be 15%. That's my first goal.

However, I'm a heavy cutter. I can't keep up my weight loss unless I'm losing 1.5-2kg /week which I'm currently doing. Does that mean I could be 15%bf in 6 weeks or is that not realistic?

I'm lifting + eating plenty of protein.
>>
>>39140023
Thanks. Will buy weightbelt tonight.
>>
>>39140073
This desu senpai
>>
>>39139967
hot as fuck
>>
>>39140078
get off her back. Why does she have to run? And it's true, some people just aren't coordinated enough. If she hates running, don't make her run. She can get her cardio a million different ways.
>>
>>39140093
you're missing one simple fact: no matter how much you lift and how much protein you eat, you'll still lose muscle along with that fat.
>>
>>39140078
why would you need your girlfriend to run? If she doesnt like it - dont force it. I hate running too. There are other forms of cardio - bike, rowing machine and the king of all cardio; swimming.

check her technique and shoes first
>>
>>39140119
That's what annoys me. I either do a -500 deficit which I'll invariably fail because it doesn't put me in the right mindset, or I do a -2000 deficit but then I risk losing too much muscle.

Isn't there something I can do to keep the muscle loss at a minimum? I'm already lifting and eating plenty of protein. Also doing HIIT 3/week which I forgot to mention.
>>
I can't hold my deadlift anymore and my hands are too small for hookgrip
my left hand is the one that keeps failing on me
which hand should be the one that's turned around and which should overgrip?
or do you alternate hands from time to time
help
>>
>>39140073
>>39140040
>>39139996
Sorry, I thought this would be the best thread to do my attention whoring as no active cbt thread, this thread is nearly at it''s limit and my trivial "guise am I too big yet" question didn't deserve it's own thread. Would it be better to delete the picture now that I've received advice ?

>>39140035
>>39140001
Thanks for the advice. I'll reorganise my calorie intake, and hopefully 100+ calories won't cause as much fluff gain. It's sometimes confusing when having to consider different hormonal makeup and strength gaining plans.
Maybe researching low test male food plans might be useful.
>>
>>39140186
>didn't deserve it's own thread
>it's own
>it's

fucking women...
>>
Does anyone know if it's better to do a full body workout+rest day vs switching between upper body and lower body days? Is one better than the other or does the body not care?
>>
>>39140186
don't apologize baby gurl you can do no wrong
>>
So, I just signed up for my cities "Social Bikes" movement, which is 25 bucks a year, and it gives me a great quality geared road bike to ride for two hours every day, and additional hours are at 2.50 each.

I'm thinking I'm going to go to the local park around here that has a big social bike station and hop on that bad bitch and take her for a spin.

I'm overweight, I haven't ran a mile in years, and when I did it was a very impressive 9+ minutes. Anyone got any tips to not look like a complete tool? It's my first time on a bike since I was a teenager.
>>
If I'm going to overhead shrug, should I do them on days I overhead press, or bench? Does it matter?
I'd like to do them 3x a week, but would that get in the way of progressing well with the press, because you have to press the weight up?
I've got some some shoulder health concerns, not to mention that they feel really good, give minor trap and stabilizer gains and etc

What are some other good exercises for shoulder health?
Already doing external rotations, and will be doing a lateral raise/band facepull super set once I have the money to buy bands.
I've got a torn labrum and that shoulder is rolled over a little, but it's not getting in the way of my compounds
>>
>>39140306
You're gonna fuck up your shoulders with those exercises if you're not careful.
>>
>>39130098
It's shitty but it's not a bad meal
Mix lentils, black beans and possibly ground beef or chicken if you want. Veggies, maybe Sesame seeds
Salsa is GOAT on a cut.
>>
>>39140186
>Would it be better to delete the picture now that I've received advice ?
Yes, it would be appropriate.
>>
i'm looking for rare paninis, anyone got some they're willing to share?
>>
>>39140186
You did things right by posting in this thread instead of making your own, it's literally what this thread is for. They're just a bunch of bitter /pol9k/ autists that get triggered by women.

150 kcal surplus a day would be my advice to start with, but you will need to tweak things; this may be too much and you find you're gaining fat too fast without enough muscle or strength to go with it. Only weigh yourself in the morning after using the restroom but before drinking or eating anything, and track your weight week to week. And most importantly, take a photo RIGHT after weighing yourself, front, back, and side. Make sure the location, attire (ideally naked or minimally clothed), lighting, and pose is identical for consistency. Visually tracking yourself by comparing photos side by side is probably the best way to make sure you aren't ending up looking like something you don't want to. This is a slow process, so you won't just wake up a hambeast one day, and it's easy to fix things before you make any noticeable to other people fat gain.

Macros are ultimately similar for women. You don't need as much fat and protein as men because you don't build muscle as fast or maintain as much androgen. Don't quote me on this, but you'd probably be safe eating 2/3 of the protein and fats a man would normally intake. Again, you'll need to track how you respond to this and tweak it in the future depending on how you feel and look.
>>
>>39140381
you can write an essay, but she still won't sleep with you.
>>
>>39140390
>implying I'd fuck a woman who willingly posts her naked body to a Peruvian Guinea Pig Trading Forum

I'm helping out a clueless noob, that's the purpose of these threads.
>>
>>39140338
What do you mean?
The lying external rotations are really light, and done properly. I'll cut down on them once I feel that it's a good time to.
My lateral raises are done for high reps with a barbell in the corner generally, making it easier on the shoulder joint (Though they're more of a anterior/lateral raise) facepulls are considered a great shoulder health exercise, and so is the overhead shrug.
I keep my THE PRESS strict too, shrugging at the top to reduce chance of Shoulder impingement, etc
>>
Are the recommendations on sl for not using the pullup machine bs, or should I start doing regular chinups with an assistance band now?

At my gym we have the squat rack with pullup bar, a dedicated pullup bar that is tall as hell, and the pullup machine. How can I do negatives if possible for the chinup/pullup? I don't really have a box to bring over for the assistance part of the exercise
>>
>>39140448
She isn't really helpless, she actually knows exactly what she was doing. She was seeking for attention, and she got what she wanted.
>>
>>39140456
Unfortunately you need to either have a good coach or know a lot yourself to not fuck these things up.

I'll give some examples.
External rotations need to be done with limited range of motion.
Almost everyone I've seen overdoes it.
Lateral landmine presses are better than regular lateral raises, so that's good.
Still, be careful of the range of motion.
Facepulls may be considered a great shoulder health exercises, but if done improperly they can still fuck your shoulders up.
You need to limit range of motion on them too, while also making sure you're not internally rotating your shoulders too much.
Overhead presses don't require a shrug at the top to reduce chance of impingement.
They require a gradual shrug throughout, combined with proper upward rotation of the shoulderblades.
Proper glenohumeral positioning and scapulahumeral rhythm are also required.
Overhead shrugs might seem okay, but if you lower your shouldergirdle too much, you risk impingement, so they're done more safely isometrically.
>>
>>39140479
I said clueless, not helpless. You could say that about anybody who posts here then. I think you let /pol9k/ meme you too hard.

>>39140472
If you can't do 3, good form, unassisted pullups then a pullup machine is a good start to get you to that point. In my opinion, you'll hurt your progress by doing variable effort negatives instead of just taking some weight off on the machine. The important thing to note: make DAMN SURE you get your chin over the bar where your hands are. A lot of the machines are designed where it's easy to stop pulling at eye level, and I think that's why they are often looked down on. Full range of motion is key to activate the lats and upper back properly.

If you can do 3 solid pullups, then start with three pullups then do negatives, each set. As you progress, try to increase the number of real pullups and decrease the number of negatives.
>>
>>39139967
Apeldoorn?
>>
File: 1475743730202.png (120KB, 1129x421px) Image search: [Google]
1475743730202.png
120KB, 1129x421px
femanon here ..I have been going to the gym for a few months now learning basics how to squat doing cardio etc...

>be me now
>want to go to the next level with a better routine for ass gains
>is this a legit routine
>if yes should i do it AxBxAxx BxAxBxx ?
>if i get a legit answer will post tits
>>
>just finished cutting
>walk 1 hour every morning
>want to get swole

recommend me a routine + diet fit
>>
So I was given a month vacation and I was thinking to use that month to focus on dieting and fitness. Are there any good "1 month plans"? I plan to go everyday since I have nothing else better to do. I'm 170lb manlet.
>>
File: frank.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
frank.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
Is this achievable natty?
>>
>>39140837
there is no actual point of going to the gym for a month and then quitting everything that you would have made will go away after. Plus that you wont make much gains for a month making gains takes long time,work and dedication....
I suggest you just do some jogging try to get into normal shape if u are overweight maybe make a home workout schadual like doing push ups and other exersices u could do at home and continue them after the one month
Also if u have nothing better to do find a new hobby learn something new try to teach yourself to draw,paint,read a good book or two,go to a cooking class or something that will stick after that one month
>>
Any good abs accessories?Cable crunches seems kinda bullshit desu.
>>
File: TpS8ibW.jpg (43KB, 406x451px) Image search: [Google]
TpS8ibW.jpg
43KB, 406x451px
For the past 2 years, I always get to the same point and stall, (5RM) 105/150/175/240 ohp/bench/squat/dead. Then I procrastinate working out because I dread failing a lift and getting trapped under the bar. Then I get frustrated that I'm not making progress and eventually stop. A few months later I'll get back into it and start all over. Rinse repeat.

I Google "why is my X so weak" and get people complaining about their "weak" 2pl8 squat or 3pl8 deadlift. I mean what the fuck. I couldn't even imagine walking that our or what that amount of weight would feel like in your hands.

I'm 5'8" 140 lbs. Is it really just a matter of eating more? I don't want to lose my abs or get fat. It feels like whenever I eat a calorie surplus my body just goes "lol nope" and stores all the excess as fat.
>>
>>39140942
kindly kill yourself desu
>>
File: 1395512847910.jpg (26KB, 409x366px) Image search: [Google]
1395512847910.jpg
26KB, 409x366px
I've been doing AllPro's beginner routine for a couple of months and I'm considering switching my routine since gains seemed to have stalled for some reason. I've already reached intermediate lifts and I'm about to reach advanced lifts with squats.

Is Greyskull LP a good step up from AllPro's? I'm aiming for muscle gain.
>>
>>39136343
Check your diet. More proteins
>>
>>39140977
Eat more. I gained 5 pounds but at least I broke my bench plateau from 200 to 230. God damn. If you're not eating 2500 - 3000, you're not gonna make it.

>5'10" 180lb, 1/2/3/3. Started at 145 lb hungry skellie
>>
>>39140788
Trying to get to low bf% like 14-15%. Is it better to do hypertrophy to burn more calories while keeping protein high so I dont become skinnyfat or is greyskull with accessories good enough?
>5'8
>201
>25% bf
>>
>>39140788
Didnt mean to reply to you with >>39141239
>>
How much should i be feeling it in my back after doing rows. I do tbar rows and I've done bent over rows but i never really feel aches in my back when im done. Am i fucking up?
>>
Can someone please provide a good morning or pre exercise stretching routine?
>>
>>39129125
Speaking from personal experience (inspired by lots of science-backed evidence), plant based is the best way to lose weight. Fuck what everyone says about balance and macros and TDEE-500 when cutting. To cut the fastest, eat 70% leafy greens, no more than 1000 calories a day. Combine that with an HIIT workout regimen, and the fat will literally fall off.
Now when it comes to maintenance or bulking, I think it can be adjusted to be superior to meat as well. As long as you make sure you're hitting all your micros/macros, and supplementing what you're lacking (D, B12), I think the benefits of no heart disease and no cancer far outweigh the easily avoidable nutrient deficiencies.
>>
>increase squat weight
>struggle to finish
>increase again anyway
>the heavier weight is easier
Did I do something stupid the first time and not realize it or does that just happen sometimes?
>>
>>39141281
Fuck GF x 5
>>
Where should I feel a deadlift?
>>
>>39128478
The fuck he does, he had to run away to south america with his last groupie to avoid jail time in the US, Unless you live in that third world country you savage, you probly live in a dirt hut too
>>
>>39140787
Wax your hairy nipples.
>>
How do people count their calories at a buffet? I'm on a meal plan for my university and want to escape skeleton mode.
>>
Would literally cutting off my balls lower my test? I think I'm coming up with a plan.
>>
>>39128478
My right bicep is stronger than my left one but my left tricep is stronger than my right is there anything I can do to try and balance them out
>>
>>39141607
Search for items in MFP database. Estimate high if cutting, low if bulking.
>>
>>39141400
Oh thank god. The end of Holy Hell shows a shot of him on a beach spot I've actually been to - creeped me the hell out. Sauce on the South America thing?
>>
>>39133292
You're a fucking moron.
Drinking nothing but cola will make you hungry all the time and make you fat.

Eating vegetables and drinking lots of water will easily allow you to be a few hundred calories in deficit without being hungry.
>>
Anyone have a good pic on how to squat properly?
>>
File: 1476635437001.png (32KB, 688x578px) Image search: [Google]
1476635437001.png
32KB, 688x578px
I have a question about the deadlift hip hinge as I have stopped deadlifting due to form issues.

So firstly, I keep seeing that the correct way to lower a deadlift is to bend your hips, not your knees, or the bar will hit your knees on the way down.

And secondly, that lowering the bar is the direct inverse movement of raising the bar.

So my question would be, is the bottom half of the deadlift, before the knee, only supposed to bend the knee until the bar goes past your knee? Then you bend/hinge your hips once the bar moves past your knee -- to lockout? As that would be the exact inverse movement of lowering the weight down..

So pull wait until knee is straight/bar goes past knee then hinge hip to lockout, yes?
>>
>>39129744
What kind of suit are you wearing? If trunks get a jammer/speedo. Can you breath to both sides? Long course (50m pool) or short course (25m) pool? Cap? Good goggles? What stroke? Are you doing sets of 50s or is that your flat out best from a push? Do you underwater dolphin kick at least past the flags without breathing your first stroke? What's your goal from time spent in the pool?
>>
>>39141839
Just watch a youtube video.
>>
>>39141957
I did but I would like to add the pic to my folder for quick access when I don't have internet
>>
i often get lower back pain after doing back extensions.
I've had people check and my back stays straight.

Its a really sharp pain that goes away again after 5-10min.

I normally use weighted barbell in my neck rather than a plate since i can load more weight on it.
repsxsets is normally 8-12x3-4
>>
>>39141991
then don't fucking do them...

holy shit /fit/
>>
>>39142006
i dont do them except on rare occasions in hope that i dont get pain anymore
i really like them and they help a lot for me so i'd like to fix whatever is wrong so i can actually do them
>>
I started lifting without /fit/. Went to a gym here in europe that is so expensive no refugees can afford it, all the staff gets you personal training and dietary plans and ask you about it once a month, their backgrounds are all that they studied sports at a university.

The starting program I got is "strength-endurance", I do whole body workouts with 8 exercises each of wich I do 2x25. I was told that this is the program I'll do for a few months now to have a foundation for a full strength workout because it'll improve metabolism and bloodflow.

It is not that I started browsing /fit/ and read the stricky and it suggests otherwise. Am I being memed by the trainers?
>>
My gym doesn't have a decline bench for me to do weighted sit ups, what's a good alternative exercise?
>>
>>39128478
What's the worst I can do to myself by curling with milk jugs filled with sand or backpacks filled with books?
>>
Is it dangerous to have my butt off the bench during liftoff?
>>
Are my thighs supposed to be getting thicker because of squats? I just ripped my boxers squatting. Feels bad man
>>
are shorter people suppose to lift more or less than lets say a 6 foot person in terms of bench, squat and DL
>>
>>39142228
I would say less because tall people are heavier.
>>
Are there any real sex workout routines you can do with your girlfriend?
>>
>>39142183
yes
>>
How do you spot someone while he's benching?
It seems to be a terrible position for the spotter, even more terrible when you're standing on that elevated part because the bar is even lower.
Obviously can't curl the bar upwards, it's not a clean deadlift motion either, it just seems to be a terrible position that'll fuck up the spotters back.
>>
does it matter how many cals I eat for a cheat meal? I want a few slices of pizza on friday (800 cals) but I REALLY want a whole pizza (1600 cals). will it make much of a difference if it's just one meal of the whole week?

my current weight is 180lb and my goal is 170lb but mostly working on strength right now (wouldn't call it bulking since I'm still gross 20% bf)
>>
I had thai food earlier and i'm sharting like a motherfucker, do I still go to the gym like I planned?
>>
>>39142285
GF hip thrusts
Stretch sex
Muscle up kisses
Static bar hold blowjobs/eatouts
Wall sit rimjobs
Etc
>>39142864
How about you take a shit and then go to the gym?
Use your squat plug just in case, or stuff some TP up there.
>>
>>39142902
I can't shit tho I tried its just watery shits every 10 minutes for like the last hour
>>
>>39142902
I broke my squat plug last week. What brand do you recommend me?
>>
someone rented a cage from animal control and turned in my cat even though he had a collar and has been an outdoor/indoor cat for years. how do I find out who attempted to assassinate my cat?
>>
>>39143059
eat at a deficit and keep lifting. you're in a good position to build muscle and lose fat at the same time. if your progress stalls, get a new cat
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.